[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

I went for the spending route because I realized that the earlier you win the better rewards you can get from the post-girl contests, and people are less likely to go all out and fight for those contests :P And I also saw that it wouldnt take much spending, so for the price of a lot of nerves and anxiety, I had gotten the girl for about ~400 Kobans. Worth it price wise, not worth it gameplay and sanity wise. Fuck this event, I'm just fucking glad to be done with it.
I went balls to the wall with immediately upgrading the girl and... 
image.png.b5c5d11b2945c053e6fb8d85a195152c.png
YES PLEASE! :D
(Also affection scenes are 11/10, no regrets for that 34 million Ymens needed to go to the max upgrade :D)

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Holy fuck you guys are lucky with that 50k, 35k points top 4. The lag nearly ruined everything, but I just did everything right in time. 11 refills + x15 button for the last 8.

I'm curious why you went for #1 rather than just top 4.Was it the uncertainty of whether or not say 85K would stick in the top4, or do you value the extras that much?

4 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Holy fuck you guys are lucky with that 50k, 35k points top 4. The lag nearly ruined everything, but I just did everything right in time. 11 refills + x15 button for the last 8.

I was counting on you to won her in the first day, even the lag couldn't stop you. 🤣

• Haha 2

Man, am I glad I am NOT in the 400+ level bracket.   Because the bracket I was in ,being only  level 265, allowed  me to blast thru the competition using the spare 1200+ kobans I had to reload and finish in 1st place acquiring the girl.  It's all gravy from here, so I'm going back to bed,  Greatest thing is there was no need to get up early.  No one in my bracket even attempted to snipe the 72,000+ points I loaded up to discourage any sniping attempt. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

I'm not so sure about that, established players compete against each other and the same can be said about newer players. That's basically the only good thing I can say about this event.

I think that a big &, ostensibly, overlooked factor which is handing players such as myself an advantage in this event is that in the lower & middling level brackets committed players are grouped with casual players who clearly don't make much of an effort to compete whereas, from what i can tell, there are few, if any, casual players in the highest level brackets -- so, in effect, I was competing against fewer players than those in the highest level brackets.

Looking at the final scores in my group it would appear that all of the players who finished below 25th failed to finish all of the Daily Missions & use all of their free League fights (or, if they did, the League they are in is too high & they lost the majority of their fights). I doubt - perhaps incorrectly? - that would've been the case in the top level brackets.

FWIW I'm not a fan of this format either. It's great that i have just won a 5 star girl for ~180 Kobans (the price of a partial League-fights refill) but I am not at all comfortable with the fact that my winning the event girl will have come at another player's expense.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

No, it isn't. In my bracket he wouldn't be top 4 and top 25 was 38k.

My top 4 was 119k. 117k was 5th. 

I missed the part where this was 30 minutes shorter. Luckily I finished 25th and still abbed 25 shards. 

Today it's all about spending moneys. Let's see if I'm richer than the ones in my bracket.

3 minutes ago, Guru said:

my contest ended 30 min earlier than it should and i fell from 2nd to 9th place ... 😐

I think it ended at the right time. But I feel you: I didn't realise the legendary contest would end before the daily contests, so I missed out on 25 shards.

I seriously dislike this contest. It is very discouraging. I’ll see what I can do here because I’m a Charm player but this is the last time I participate in a contest like this. It isn’t just not fun, it is unpleasant.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Zteev said:

I'm curious why you went for #1 rather than just top 4.Was it the uncertainty of whether or not say 85K would stick in the top4, or do you value the extras that much?

I was hoping for top 1, of course, but, according to the last minutes circumstances, was okayish with top 4 finish 😀 The top guy was at 101k, top 4 was at 73k 5 minutes before the end. I was 5th at 58k. I was waiting until the last 2,5-3 minutes, if the first guy or somebody else from the top 4 would start scoring to decide whether to go for top 1, or go for top 4. I was planning to do refills for ~ 80-85k points quickly and check the standings. But just about time, when I started to smash refill\execute x15 button, a huge server lag appeared. So I couldn't check the standings anymore, I had to act. I calculated the number of refills to beat top 1 guy with 101k beforehand, so in this "stress" situation I decided to stick to the plan and did the calculated refills (well, frankly, when I was doing them through the lag I was just doing as much refills as I could, but I was counting them 😃 and, luckily, did the planned amount). I was in pure dark about my opponents actions, but, luckily, they just decided to do nothing (or couldn't do anything because of the lag). I finished doing everything just in time, at the very last 10-5 seconds.

Pure luck. 😀

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dekachinpo said:

I think it ended at the right time. But I feel you: I didn't realise the legendary contest would end before the daily contests, so I missed out on 25 shards.

Man you too! I thought I was the only one that got cheated on! If I had gotten the points from the Tower of Fame at the right time that I was supposed to, I would have been in 9th Place instead I hit 12th Place. So yeah I'm missing 25 shards too. Ugh, now we got this Pachinko and donation contest which unfortunately I ain't got that kind of cash, so this is really going to be really difficult for me, but you know fingers crossed. We still have another three more days so, good luck everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Jcord777 said:

Man you too! I thought I was the only one that got cheated on! If I had gotten the points from the Tower of Fame at the right time that I was supposed to, I would have been in 9th Place instead I hit 12th Place. So yeah I'm missing 25 shards too. Ugh, now we got this Pachinko and donation contest which unfortunately I ain't got that kind of cash, so this is really going to be really difficult for me, but you know fingers crossed. We still have another three more days so, good luck everyone.

The exact same thing fro me: potential for 9th, ended up 12th. OOps

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Seems to be some people that did not get the new contests i am one of the people that did not get the new contests plus a lot of people would have missed out on the top 4 spots just because they wanted to end the contests 30 mins early which has not been done before with contests.

• Like 1

Man this is even more of a trash fire than I thought it would be... :D It's great, gives me lots of Schadenfreude. 
On the other hand, it doesnt feel good to win. I had info from the forum, I had no annoying contest notifications pop up thanks to FinderKeepers script, we all had MASSIVE server lag and maybe my oponents couldn't act. The winning is entirely dependent on the timezone and luck, and sniping and taking the win from someone elses hands. This is a downright disaster of an event I hope to god that Kinkoid doesnt keep enforcing more of this type of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1