• Bimbette
    • Sponsor Sara Jay
    • Misvaginus
    • Jealous Bunny's Mother
    • LuxuriousBody
    • Dusty
    • Lupa's Mother

What is the point of this event?

So many girls available, and they are all out of reach unless you are extremely lucky (or go wild on kobans / orbs spending). 

I choose to ignore this event and try to collect the last tier 1 girl from Finalmecia. 

• Like 4

Regarding the drop rate: Yes, this drop rate sucks, absolutely. And nobody can argue against that. I just want to give another thought to maybe reframe it a little bit. If this actually is an anniversary event month, there might be even more girls than usual on orgy days (next event probably) and POA and classic event. If that's the case we all will have chances to get more girls than usual with a better drop rate (1-12 OD, 2-8 Classic) in those events and overall we'll have a better average in drop rate for all anniversary girls at the end of the events.

Same goes for the free gifts - of course 10 energy isnt that big, but if a) the gifts will get bigger and b) you combine them over the whole event the output will probably pretty good.

Cant judge right now if it will be worth an anniversary, but at least you also cant judge right now if it's a bad anniversary (maybe for this event, but, again, that's just a part of the whole anniversary)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

Ehhhhh an event right after the last one... I'll go at this EXTREMELY slowly, plenty of choices of girls that I missed out on, but damn do I lack the resources to get them all. Also... as with everyone else. Why is a Tier 3 Boss Drop Girl in the event roaster too? Am I being pranked? Eh.... may as well try for Jordan.

11 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I saw quite a number of players above complaining about bad drop rates, so I would like to stress a point about terminology. I would like to point out that to express things in a more correct manner it would be better to make a distinction between drop rate and drop range. The first is the actual chance that of shard drop happening in a certain event, and the exact numbers are absolutely unknown by the players, although some laborious ones collect the data posted by other players and make rough calculations of chances (if I am not wrong, main events and Orgy days have had a reported average around 10%, while Legendary Days and Epic Days are quite lower). The drop range, instead, is the potential number of shards that can drop when a drop effectively happens, and is event-type based (if I remember correctly, 2-8 for main events, 1-3 for Legendary Days, 1-5 for Epic Days, 1-12 for Orgy Days, and so on). The reported drop range for this Anniversary is 1-4 (last year was 2-4, so this year got even worse), while (at least in my game) the drop rate seems similar to Main events and Orgy Days (around 10%), at least up to now. Although the final result is the same, i.e. it is nearly impossible to obtain a girl from villains in this event with only free combativity, as I see it this is more due to the low drop range (and the limited time), than to the drop rate (as the "around 10%" is the highest event drop rate, as far as I can tell)

for me it's been both:  shard value between 1 & 3 and 1-2 drops per round of 20 performances.  Most times I can do a round of 20 with no drops alternating with a round of shard values totalling 2-3 (very occasionally 5).  For me this is unprecedented, even when compared with a Legendary Days event.  As an illustration in my Herbie Hynde account, against Donatien I currently have Valichta on 38 shards and Lopussy on 22 (both starting from zero at the start of the event and Valichta one round behind since Donatien was on lvl 258 when the event started).

Il y a 12 heures, Observer_X a dit :

I saw quite a number of players above complaining about bad drop rates, so I would like to stress a point about terminology. I would like to point out that to express things in a more correct manner it would be better to make a distinction between drop rate and drop range. The first is the actual chance that of shard drop happening in a certain event, and the exact numbers are absolutely unknown by the players, although some laborious ones collect the data posted by other players and make rough calculations of chances (if I am not wrong, main events and Orgy days have had a reported average around 10%, while Legendary Days and Epic Days are quite lower). The drop range, instead, is the potential number of shards that can drop when a drop effectively happens, and is event-type based (if I remember correctly, 2-8 for main events, 1-3 for Legendary Days, 1-5 for Epic Days, 1-12 for Orgy Days, and so on). The reported drop range for this Anniversary is 1-4 (last year was 2-4, so this year got even worse), while (at least in my game) the drop rate seems similar to Main events and Orgy Days (around 10%), at least up to now. Although the final result is the same, i.e. it is nearly impossible to obtain a girl from villains in this event with only free combativity, as I see it this is more due to the low drop range (and the limited time), than to the drop rate (as the "around 10%" is the highest event drop rate, as far as I can tell)

I don't really agree with this.

Usually, in games, when you express a "drop rate" of 50% for an item, that means that out of 100 kills of a monster, you will get in average 50 drops. If the monster often or always drops multiple copies of the same item, the drop rate will be higher than 100% (for example, if a monster is guaranteed to drop 3 copies of an item, its drop rate will be 300%)

Here, the drop that we care about is the single "Shard". A villain may drop 1-4 shards at once in this event : that's the drop range, agreed.

However, the drop rate is : Out of 100 kills of a single villain, how many shards would you get in average ? It's not : Out of 100 kills, how many times will you get a random number (1..4) of shards ? And the first definition is so much more interesting, because it allows you to estimate how many kills one would need to get the 100 shards they need (and to compare with other events).

So, basically, that "drop range" you mentioned is actually factored in the "drop rate" we're talking about.

That being said, the drop range, the drop rate, and everything else are bad in this event, so...

• Like 2

13 ore fa, Observer_X ha scritto:

Beyond how you call what, when we talk about drops we always talk about what you call "drop range", this is because the "drop rate" doesn't vary as you wrote but instead it's always fixed (at around 10% it seems), all the variations found are simple statistical variations of the RNG, nothing suggests that it's different in epic and legendary days, in fact, to be honest, I don't even think that KK is able to modify it considering their programming ability. 😅

The only thing that varies and that makes an event more or less difficult is precisely the number of shards obtainable at a time and here too there is an inaccuracy: the drop range of the last anniversary was 1-4 exactly like this (and like the only Foreplay event done so far), the only event that has no chance of getting 1 is the first event of the month, and only since it was changed with more girls. It's for this reason that it was a surprise for everyone that the new range was 2-8 and not 1-8.

These are the clarifications about what you wrote but, talking in general, the complaints are surely right but, those who have played for more than a year, I don't understand what they expected, we all knew (or at least we should have known) that the drop range would have been this.

The only thing I'm sorry about (apart from the bad choice of a couple of troll girls, any reference to Valicta and Natasha is purely wanted) is that they didn't replicate the idea of the girl obtainable from the Arena, the only thing really good of the third anniversary. 😕

• Haha 1

Bad droprate, bad "special gifts" (come on, 100k gift? thats not even usefull if you are lower than lvl 100) means bad event for me.

But the good point is, i will never again think about spending money on this game. Good job.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bill1 said:

What is the point of this event?

So many girls available, and they are all out of reach unless you are extremely lucky (or go wild on kobans / orbs spending). 

I choose to ignore this event and try to collect the last tier 1 girl from Finalmecia. 

Don't you know, it's celebration event......just for devs.

After all, there are enough of whales, who were ready to buy and spend lots of kobans to get all of these girls. And all the devs needed is few % of playerbase doing that and they can call it a total win from their perspective. 

Sad thing is, this basically a reality with all the games that had any sort of "real money" paid content in them. Devs just needs few fools and they win. 

40 minutes ago, mikcris said:

That's it! ... Never lose hope!... Hope dies last!...

Actually... based on experience in the past 2 years playing I can say that "hope has died , we just did not get the official memo yet"

But as I said, in the end it is just a game... if you treat it as such you will not be disappointed.

If you are very competitive and get upset when you have a plan with high expectations and your expectations are not met you will always be disappointed. 

Well said, mikcris.  Exactly why I set me expectations very low.  That way, if I get any girl I'm ecstatic   I may have made a rookie error when I spent 10000+ kobans on event pachinko, but it got me 6 girls and a bunch of legendary items I can sell later.   So, even though I'm down to 700+ kobans, they were all free and this was a great event for me.  I go into this game with absolutely no detailed plans, just a big picture plan of recruiting at least one girl. :)  Just wish I had the time to recruit Yona Lula.  Only downside for me......Sara Jay was not one of the girls I recruited. :) 

Edited by Dr. Lust

7 hours ago, Max669 said:

However, the drop rate is : Out of 100 kills of a single villain, how many shards would you get in average ? It's not : Out of 100 kills, how many times will you get a random number (1..4) of shards ? And the first definition is so much more interesting, because it allows you to estimate how many kills one would need to get the 100 shards they need (and to compare with other events).

So, basically, that "drop range" you mentioned is actually factored in the "drop rate" we're talking about. 

As far as I can tell, Hentai Heroes never worked like this (although people reports are more relative to your saying, and the fact that I find this wrong was one of the main reasons for my previous post). Anyway, as I already said elsewhere in the past, although I don't agree with them, new points of view are always welcome (apart obviously the ones objectively stupid).

6 hours ago, Falco82 said:

Beyond how you call what, when we talk about drops we always talk about what you call "drop range", this is because the "drop rate" doesn't vary as you wrote but instead it's always fixed (at around 10% it seems)

Before people jumps at my throat, about what follows I am talking about my own game: as far as I can remember, @Falco82, you are wrong: in my game the drop rate (defined as I did in my previous post) in Legendary Days has consistently been lower than 10%, and quite often I could have said the same for Epic Days.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Thinking 1

This is an amazing anniversary party indeed.  The trouble is, we, the players, weren't invited, except as joke-fodder.  The way it was set up and 'promoted' reminds me of that iconic donkey you see in cartoons where the only way to get it to do what we want is to hold a very long stick dangling a carrot in front of it so it will move forward to try and eat it, never, just like Utopia, within reach.  We, the players, are the donkeys and the carrot is the virtually unobtainable haremettes.  The command we are expected to fulfill is to spend kobans and (best of all from Kinkoid's perspective) to have us spend real Euros to buy more.  Well, guys, not me!  I don't need these girls that much, even though Lopussy and Belinda are appealing at first look.  And, yep, I should get Valichta by the end of the event in Herbie Hynde without specifically trying for her, adding to her presence in Peckerbird.  So, this is an unexpected bonus from the event that HH could not have foreseen and the joke's on them!

I've just completed performance rounds in 4 accounts trying to obtain either Lopussy or Belinda.  In only one of these accounts did any shards drop.  Baah, what crap!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

This is an amazing anniversary party indeed.  The trouble is, we, the players, weren't invited, except as joke-fodder.  The way it was set up and 'promoted' reminds me of that iconic donkey you see in cartoons where the only way to get it to do what we want is to hold a very long stick dangling a carrot in front of it so it will move forward to try and eat it, never, just like Utopia, within reach.  We, the players, are the donkeys and the carrot is the virtually unobtainable haremettes.  The command we are expected to fulfill is to spend kobans and (best of all from Kinkoid's perspective) to have us spend real Euros to buy more.  Well, guys, not me!  I don't need these girls that much, even though Lopussy and Belinda are appealing at first look.  And, yep, I should get Valichta by the end of the event in Herbie Hynde without specifically trying for her, adding to her presence in Peckerbird.  So, this is an unexpected bonus from the event that HH could not have foreseen and the joke's on them!

I've just completed performance rounds in 4 accounts trying to obtain either Lopussy or Belinda.  In only one of these accounts did any shards drop.  Baah, what crap!

Yeah.  The shard drop seems very stingy this event.  But....what the heck, that's why I blew (no pun intended) the massive kobans I saved up because I just figured why not.  They were free and I ain't got no plans for 'em.  Can't take 'em with me, so to speak.  So I blew the whole wad on pachinko.  But, trust me, like you Zorba, I'm not buying any more.  I'll just save up for another few months. :)

il y a 11 minutes, Observer_X a dit :

As far as I can tell, Hentai Heroes never worked like this (although people reports are more relative to your saying, and the fact that I find this wrong was one of the main reasons for my previous post). Anyway, as I already said elsewhere in the past, although I don't agree with them, new points of view are always welcome (apart obviously the ones objectively stupid).

You see, that's where you're mistaken. We kinda know how HH works (you have an x% chance to receive shards, and when you do, you get a random number of shards within the drop  range - these numbers may or may not be evenly distributed across that range, I have no idea), but it doesn't really matter here. What matters is the way we calculate the drop rate. And the very definition of the term "drop rate" (expressed in %) is : How many drops (shards) would one get in average after killing the same mob (villain) 100 times ?

I'll take an example with stupid numbers, just to show what I mean :

Let's say we have 2 events :

- In the first event, the villain has a 100% chance to drop shards, but he actually only ever drops 1 shard (range 1..1).

- In the second event, the villain only has a 10% chance to drop shards, but when he does, he drops exactly 20 of them (range 20..20).

With your definition, the first event has a much better drop rate (100%) than the second event (10%). However, it's easy to see that the drop rate for shards is actually much higher in the second event : It takes 100 kills to get the 100 shards in the first event, whereas in the second event, it would only take 50 kills (in average... more than that if you're unlucky like me ;)). Thus, the first event has a 100% drop rate, whereas the second event has a 200% drop rate (ie : if you do 100 fights, in average, you will get 200 shards - but your mileage may vary, as they say)

To sum things up : The probability to get a random number of shards from a villain fight in an event (what you call the drop rate) doesn't help you estimate how many kills it might take for you to get 100 shards, and it also doesn't let you compare events to see which one is "more generous" (or should I say "less stingy"?). The real drop rate takes into account that probability to get shards, as well as the number of shards you may get at once (what you called the drop range).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes:  I should have realised that any event so massively over-hyped was bound to be no good. EPIC= extremely parsimonious m-Ingy cheeseparing 

The King says: "it is my birthday.  All the fountains in the city are flowing with vinegar." 

I am a newbie (and already thinking do I want to continue?): please do they ever put on any event that is enjoyable?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, petertavy said:

Yes:  I should have realised that any event so massively over-hyped was bound to be no good. EPIC= extremely parsimonious m-Ingy cheeseparing 

The King says: "it is my birthday.  All the fountains in the city are flowing with vinegar." 

I am a newbie (and already thinking do I want to continue?): please do they ever put on any event that is enjoyable?

Did you see the previous event, and the one before, Corrupted Girls? 
enjoyable depends on the quality of art you like at this point. We're soon coming up on a Path of Attraction, which is pretty new, but if you dont have 7200 Kobans you might be SoL... This is definitely the worst time to join in the game seeing as KK is hell bent on driving away all the newbies with a shitty anniversary experience 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

Yeah.  The shard drop seems very stingy this event.  But....what the heck, that's why I blew (no pun intended) the massive kobans I saved up because I just figured why not.  They were free and I ain't got no plans for 'em.  Can't take 'em with me, so to speak.  So I blew the whole wad on pachinko.  But, trust me, like you Zorba, I'm not buying any more.  I'll just save up for another few months. :)

Good on you, dear doctor.  I wish I had your capacity for delayed gratification.  But I do mean good on you.  I read of your extraordinary successes.  When I feel manipulated like I felt this event, naturally I push back so, no.  I won't be buying kobans.

It's not been all bad.  I've had luck with the orbs: Micaela Smith, Revenge, Kootra,

To think I was going to apply for patreon status.  It was a good side-step by me in the end to avoid this sense of obligation.  The uninspiring girls that have now been available for some time have cemented my decision to not go through with it.

A 100k cash bonus?  Fantastic generosity.  I worked out that, in my Adrian'smole account where I already have over 100m in cash, this amounts to a boost to my cash reserve of less than 0.0001%.  OR, it's the equivalent of just a little under two epic bouquets of flowers.  I sure could use that!

C'mon Kinkoid.  If you're reading this (and you probably aren't), it's time to stop insulting us.  First we had 10 energy units, now 100k cash bonus.  I wonder what's next... 10 combativity units?  Bread and water?  Given the lousy drop rate for ANY shards, I'm sure all will be gratefully received.  Happy Anniversary, Baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, petertavy said:

Hey, welcome to Kinkoid's kingdom!  If you ARE willing to stick around for a while, the Digisekai story is like a great visual novel with amazing twists and turns.  I've stuck it out for this alone, not to mention the surprisingly sexy sex scenes.  I'm NOT going to spoil it for you, but trust me it's something for you to look forward to.  One thing that has bugged me about it is that the writers keep adding quests, just as I thought I was near the end.  It gives new meaning to the term, 'Work in Progress'.

As for the rest? Very uninspiring and yawn-inducing, in my opinion.  I think I've been around the game too long.

• Like 1

As a little bit of consolation, I managed to recruit this lovely in my Lili account with one free orb available...

image.png.182572446b140bd2e4723c8c4bfeaa41.png

I'm bumming out thrying to rescue Belinda from Edwarda, but I'm happy now.  And with Valichta on 53 shards and Lopussy on 32 in my Herbie Hynde account I'm on the way to prising Valichta from Donatien before Lopussy (if I ever get her).  What a crazy 'anniversary'.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

[CUT] ... the Digisekai story ....

Thank you all who replied

Unfortunately I am ***nowhere*** near the start of Digisesekai . At the present rate of grinding-to-a-halt

I think it would take me ~~6 months to get there.

Also  Natstar said:

If you want to post feedback on the event do it on their discord ....

but I dont know how to do this.

This anniversay event sucks, so far only managed to get  27 shards for one girl , i cannot see me getting a single girl  in the event,.

So its not much of anniversary for  us players once again 😶, if they do another one next year , i am going to pass on it..