[ 10-Sep-20 ] Epic Days - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Epic Days Averages: 6 shards per refill, 16.7 refills per girl, 3600 HH kobans per girl  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Event Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Shirogane. Meh
    • \_________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Wendy. Meh
    • \______/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Lucile. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Horny Alana. Meh
    • \___________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Minerva. Meh
    • \_______/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Giovanna. Meh
    • \________/ Yucky

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

I got lucky. I did a single refill for other reasons and ended up getting Minerva, a HH ticket, and an Orb. I won't get a second girl, but I call this event a success.

A grand success in that case. I consider it a success every time I can grab a pachinko girl for less than 5400 Koban.

Another crappy Epic Days is almost over. This one may be the crappiest yet for me. I've gotten 42 shards total across 4 girls, and there's no reason to refill, as other events give better returns.

My new scattering plan is working okay, as I now have at least 10 shards on 2 girls, and an exact multiple of 10 on one of them. This can decrease my future Orb cost if I get that exact girl all alone in Pachinko - I know it's a long shot, but really, it's all I have to go for.

Now that I've started the scattering plan, using attacks on bosses where I have boss girls left works well. Epic days has a poor shard drop rate, so it's better to do double work during this event than events with great drop rates. I've picked up 10 shards on those girls. Total gain during the event is 52 shards on 190 Combativity so far. Will probably get about 8 more attacks in or so.

Someone said that you are likely to get a girl not spending Kobans, and I just want to highlight that isn't close to my experience as a free to play player during Epic Days - and I'm sure it's wrong.

8 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Someone said that you are likely to get a girl not spending Kobans, and I just want to highlight that isn't close to my experience as a free to play player during Epic Days - and I'm sure it's wrong.

It's not only your experience, it's also math. In average you need 7 refills to get a girl in ED; that's not close or likely by any means.

But then again, we also had the discussion if "7" is a few or not ...

2 minutes ago, blaa said:

It's not only your experience, it's also math. In average you need 7 refills to get a girl in ED; that's not close or likely by any means.

But then again, we also had the discussion if "7" is a few or not ...

I agree that it's also math. But, you're the person who said it.:

The difference is not f2p vs. paying players, the difference is newer players against older players. And even though older players should have some advantages (like me saving some kobans in the first 1 1/2 years to have no problems yet anymore), they should be that big as they are right now, which mainly is caused because of the unfair league system with its unreasonable rewards.

And btw: 64/100 just for free fights is basically average. Without spending some kobans you can expect a girl in epic days.

I think that you meant that you can't expect any girls in Epic days without spending Kobans

7 can be either a few, a lot, or not very many at all - depending on the context. That conversation seemed to be people talking past each other.

Edited by Zteev

12 hours ago, blaa said:

I keep repeating myself, but epic days are really great events; hopefully we will have a lot of them in the future.

He was great for the very first time when there were no fragments, and the girls came to the harem through the divine black silhouette. Then I got 6 girls at once for about 7k gold coins and experienced at the same time orgasm, catharsis and enlightenment. And it was divine. The same thing that is now only a pitiful shadow of the former influence and a bitter reminder of the wonderful past. They would have increased the range of fragments to at least 2-6 and everything would not be so painfully painful.

LET'S MAKE EPIC DAYS GREAT AGAIN !!! (and return the black silhouette when you get the girl, it was enchantingly beautiful.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I did what I said I'd do and, in my first 10 fights I managed to get 9 shards, so I went ahead and used my other 8 free fights to get another 4 and reach 85 shards. With those numbers, I caved in and did a refill, 20 fights to get just 4 shards. Quite mediocre, but I didn't stop and did another refill... and got 0 shards from those 20 fights. So yeah, even if it huts to lose a girl at 89 shards, I'm cutting my losses here and call it a day.

The positive side of all this is that I managed to bring Bolt, Finalmecia's Tier 2 girl, from 50 to 79 shards, so I'll likely get her by the end of the month and then move to Azumi, Karole's Tier 2 girl, and be done with all the Tier 2 girls, at least until Pandora gets hers.

Here are my numbers for the event: 48/26 + 50/20 + 50/12 + 52/15 + 60/16 = 260 fights and 89 shards. It can be seeb how my luck slowly went away each day 😂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zteev said:

I agree that it's also math. But, you're the person who said it.:

I think that you meant that you can't expect any girls in Epic days without spending Kobans

7 can be either a few, a lot, or not very many at all - depending on the context. That conversation seemed to be people talking past each other.

yeah, i agree absolutely. I meant "cant" as I menitoned later, but I should edit this post.

6 hours ago, Lemus said:

He was great for the very first time when there were no fragments, and the girls came to the harem through the divine black silhouette. Then I got 6 girls at once for about 7k gold coins and experienced at the same time orgasm, catharsis and enlightenment. And it was divine. The same thing that is now only a pitiful shadow of the former influence and a bitter reminder of the wonderful past. They would have increased the range of fragments to at least 2-6 and everything would not be so painfully painful.

LET'S MAKE EPIC DAYS GREAT AGAIN !!! (and return the black silhouette when you get the girl, it was enchantingly beautiful.)

Sure, you got extremely lucky there and now you glorify your experience. That's fine, but it's not reality. Most people probably have better results with the shard system than they had before.

But I do agree with two things: First, return the black silhouette. Secondly, if the shard range were at least 2-6 it wouldnt be that painful. And it wouldnt be that painful in LDs if there were a shard range for 2-4, and in OD with 3-15, in PoA the 2nd path for only 1000 nubans, ....

-----

I mean, it's fine that most of you dont like ED, but that doesnt make it a bad or good event. If your personal evaluation is a criteria for what's a good/bad event, then is my evaluation at least as good as yours.

So one last question: Would you guys consider an offer like 1 girl (from the EP permanent pool) 3 ep x1 orbs, 20 tickets, 10-15 M Ymen (and for some players they would also add 30 level for a troll and some shards for a tier2/3 girl) for 600 nubans (3600 kobans) good or not?

Edited by blaa

I will always support this claim. Man, How much I miss the black shadow girl silhouette dropping!

6 hours ago, Lemus said:

(and return the black silhouette when you get the girl, it was enchantingly beautiful.)

14 minutes ago, blaa said:

But I do agree with two things: First, return the black silhouette.

• Like 8