[ 10-Sep-20 ] Epic Days - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Epic Days Averages: 6 shards per refill, 16.7 refills per girl, 3600 HH kobans per girl  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Event Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Shirogane. Meh
    • \_________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Wendy. Meh
    • \______/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Lucile. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Horny Alana. Meh
    • \___________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Minerva. Meh
    • \_______/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Giovanna. Meh
    • \________/ Yucky

Pardon me if this has been answered elsewhere:

When you look at the available Girls they each have a heart with a symbol in it in the bottom left.

804806615_ScreenShot2020-09-12at11_36_53PM.png.a39ba24cea618e04b75233c09b9cf4fb.png

I haven't noticed this before and I don't see in on the girls in my Harem. Can anyone explain what the heart/symbol is and what it is used for?

18 minutes ago, DocJD said:

Pardon me if this has been answered elsewhere:

When you look at the available Girls they each have a heart with a symbol in it in the bottom left.

804806615_ScreenShot2020-09-12at11_36_53PM.png.a39ba24cea618e04b75233c09b9cf4fb.png

I haven't noticed this before and I don't see in on the girls in my Harem. Can anyone explain what the heart/symbol is and what it is used for?

It represents their special ability, which is exactly the same as whatever their class happens to be. + for healing, shield for defence, flame for offence.

Finished the event with a surprise 100x drop; got 4 girls in total.

Since I bought the world bundle (not really needed it, but world bundles are the only way I support the devs a little bit); I didnt keep track of my refills, but instead i tracked  the fights against the trolls

G1 (pandora): 467 (way below average)

G2 (finalmecia): 325 (average)

G3 (silvanus):  263 (above average)

G4 (bremen): 148 -> after 61 shards 100 drop

I keep repeating myself, but epic days are really great events; hopefully we will have a lot of them in the future.

GL to all who keep fighting.

• Thinking 2

1 hour ago, blaa said:

Finished the event with a surprise 100x drop; got 4 girls in total.

Since I bought the world bundle (not really needed it, but world bundles are the only way I support the devs a little bit); I didnt keep track of my refills, but instead i tracked  the fights against the trolls

G1 (pandora): 467 (way below average)

G2 (finalmecia): 325 (average)

G3 (silvanus):  263 (above average)

G4 (bremen): 148 -> after 61 shards 100 drop

I keep repeating myself, but epic days are really great events; hopefully we will have a lot of them in the future.

GL to all who keep fighting.

Then there is the flip side to this.  F2P gamers.  For us, I would assume something similar to this.  Not sure how much combativity used so far. I only used the free ones given us.  With 16+ hours left, I have 63/100 for Giovanna.  And that's all.  Doubt we get a girl.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blaa said:

You used 6x the amount of combativity accessible to f2p players and still needed a 100 shard drop to not spend even more.

If you wouldn't spend any kobans, you would get maybe 50 shards in total.

And those can even get converted to affection (which is essentially nothing) if you are really unlucky and win the girl in epic pachinko later, effectively making the event pointless.

I got a lucky 100 shard drop this time as well, for which im really happy, but c'mon. Epic event shard range is really crappy.

Edited by Albert80082
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

Then there is the flip side to this.  F2P gamers.  For us, I would assume something similar to this.  Not sure how much combativity used so far. I only used the free ones given us.  With 16+ hours left, I have 63/100 for Giovanna.  And that's all.  Doubt we get a girl.

Even though I am buying the world bundles (I only bought the last two or maybe three), I am basically still very similar to a f2p player. Like most other high active mid/high-tier players who managing their ressources reasonable (no event pachinko, no spending for x10 spins, etc.), I can basically get every troll girl from every event despite buying kobans (which means the kobans from the package like the kobans from the other packages are still not being used). The difference is that I already have a lot of girls (which isnt that much of a factor, tbh) and can get a relatively good placement in league (because I invest some time and effort into the game).

The difference is not f2p vs. paying players, the difference is newer players against older players. And even though older players should have some advantages (like me saving some kobans in the first 1 1/2 years to have no problems yet anymore), they should be that big as they are right now, which mainly is caused because of the unfair league system with its unreasonable rewards.

And btw: 64/100 just for free fights is basically average. Without spending some kobans you cant expect a girl in epic days.

17 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

For those who have kobans. The rich gets richer, right?

Yeah, that's the premisses: having kobans. 😃 I feel you. For you newer players it isnt that great, obviously. You didnt get the chance to stash a fair amount of kobans for the event shedule we are in atm. You can get a good league placement like older players can and you have to pay more kobans a month to keep up with the girls than older players had to.

I wouldnt say the rich gets richer, but he get's at least more girls. You dont want know what these girls really costs.

But, tbh: Even though I am one of the players who says almost the same every event, I still have to refrain from almost have of the girls; my league rewards and my daily income is only enough for the troll girls (but I keep repeating myself here too (but I still have the feeling it's necessary))

@Albert80082dont know how to quote edit, but let me say this: You all focussing to much on me buying the bundle. Like I said it wasnt necessary and I am basically a f2p player too (see above). To get the girls I needed to spend kobans, obviously. But that was clear before I started the event. With free combativity you get around 60 shards in average. If you want a girl or more in this kind of event you have to plan how much you are willing to spend. Since I saved a lot of kobans from daily missions, league, etc. I had enough to go all in this. If I wouldnt have saved kobans I wouldnt play the event at all (what I have done the first epic days, and I am still regretting it).

The problem is, like I said above, that there are different types of players. The difference between the two of us is not me buying a bundle and you not, but me playing the game way longer (and probably more active than you do) and because of this me having more access to kobans because I saved more of them and I get probably more of them through leagues (even though I am not getting much atm since I decided to stay in d3).

Btw: I also not a fan of using the epic pachinko orbs as frequently as most players do. As I said a few times so far, I have stashed over 400 of them and I most likely wont use them any time soon.

edit: I dont think the shard range is that bad in epic days. If I want a permanent pachinko girl I usually have to pay 900 nubans. In ED i get the first girl (in average) for 252 nubans. Every other girl for 612 nubans. That's a saving of almost 300 nubans for every girl I get here and not later through a x10 EpP game

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

il y a 46 minutes, blaa a dit :

And btw: 64/100 just for free fights is basically average. Without spending some kobans you can't expect a girl in epic days.

Fixed for you :)

And that is essentially why Epic Days isn't a good event for the vast majority of players, who don't have access to as much koban as people dwelling in the top of D2/D3. For me, "doing well in the league" means finishing 16-30 in Sexpert 3 for a crazy reward of 462 kobans.

So yeah, Epic Days is a pretty bad event. While I somehow "understand" why they're so stingy with shards during Legendary Days (because the rewards are 5-stars legendary girls), the "normal" girls rewarded during Epic Days don't really justify the fact that you can't get a single girl without spending kobans.

Edited by Max669
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max669 said:

Fixed for you :)

And that is essentially why Epic Days isn't a good event for the vast majority of players, who don't have access to as much koban as people dwelling in the top of D2/D3. For me, "doing well in the league" means finishing 16-30 in Sexpert 3 for a crazy reward of 462 kobans.

So yeah, Epic Days is a pretty bad event. While I somehow "understand" why they're so stingy with shards during Legendary Days (because the rewards are 5-star legendary girls), the "normal" girls rewarded during Epic Days don't really justify the fact that you can't get a single girl without spending kobans.

Thanks for fixing; that's obviously what I meant. And like you can see, I found the guy who hasnt delivered my luck to you.

Anyways, just to be clear: When I wrote, ED is a great event, then I meant, it's a great event for me. Of course there are many players who arent really thrilled about it. It's not an event for new players. In you case, for instance, I would go for 1 girl and wait for the next event.

And yes, it's hard for newer players. But to satisfy every player they need adifferent events and not every event is for every player. For me, for instance, ODs are not that great, because too often they dont change a lot of girls to villians, so I cant really get a lot of girls (and i dont go for them in pachinko atm). But for newer player it''s a great event to catch up on girls for just a few kobans.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blaa said:

You all focussing to much on me buying the bundle.

I did not mention you buying the bundle at all though. I buy world bundles and silver membership as well but that is irrelevant.

Let me explain why i view it as a bad event by comparing it with other types:

1. Revival/Orgy days - objectively better due to the higher shard drop range

2. PoA - allows f2p to get a guaranteed reward on the free path, sure the extra girls in 2nd path are costly but again guaranteed. With Epic Days you not only battle with double RNG roll (rolling the shard drop and then again the amount), you have to score way above average to get a single girl. I don't count shards as proper reward, because rest of the game does not work well with them. The girl might appear in a year and by that time you can get her from pachinko, yeeting your hard earned shards into the void.

3.Legendary contests - i can only speak for my bracket, but i always managed to get girl on day one in 200-250 bracket. I hate how the event doesnt allow everyone to get a girl (because there isn't enough shards for everyone), but i still see it as better event than epic days.

Maybe i would like Epic Days more with the same range if it lasted for more than 4 days though, who knows. KK made a poll recently about current 5 event per month spam, so we will hopefully see some schedule changes in October.

Edited by Albert80082
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Max669 said:

So yeah, Epic Days is a pretty bad event. While I somehow "understand" why they're so stingy with shards during Legendary Days (because the rewards are 5-stars legendary girls), the "normal" girls rewarded during Epic Days don't really justify the fact that you can't get a single girl without spending kobans.

Outside of special events like Anniversaries, you have exactly three options for obtaining these girls: 5400 kobans for EPx10, ~3600 kobans during Epic Days (for additional girls; generally less than 2000 for the first one), and EPx1 orbs for shots at random girls (but not nearly enough shots to ever clear out Epic Pachinko altogether). People playing the long game appreciate available discounts on future spending, even if they're not large, and that's what Epic Days is. If you can't imagine yourself ever making a push towards getting all permanent pachinko girls eventually, then yeah, Epic Days is somewhat of a non-event that should simply be used to make progress on available regular villain girls. (This is where I point out that previous "generations" of newer players habitually complained that there weren't enough opportunities to work on regular villain girls...)

All that being said, I can't help but get the impression that a lot of people who even balk at spending the 1500-2000 kobans to complete one Epic Days girl will happily dump another 7200 kobans into the next Path of Attraction for two girls. Doesn't quite compute to me.

• Like 4

After my lucky 100-shard on Giovanna, I gathered 57% of Lucile with my free combativity contingent until this evening, then decided that I would spend some Kobans to finish her as well. After 7 refills for 1,5k Kobans I'm not at 98% and hope to get the missing 2% until noon tomorrow without another refill.

Edited by Sir Fuck-a-Lot
Correction of Koban costs

11 hours ago, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

After my lucky 100-shard on Giovanna, I gathered 57% of Lucile with my free combativity contingent until this evening, then decided that I would spend some Kobans to finish her as well. After 7 refills for 1,5k Kobans I'm not at 98% and hope to get the missing 2% until noon tomorrow without another refill.

And moment's later I get another 5%-shard, so now I'm already done with this event ... and looking forward to the immediately upcomming Orgy Days!

Edited by Sir Fuck-a-Lot
Correction of Koban costs in quoted post
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

All that being said, I can't help but get the impression that a lot of people who even balk at spending the 1500-2000 kobans to complete one Epic Days girl will happily dump another 7200 kobans into the next Path of Attraction for two girls. Doesn't quite compute to me.

Oh, I think I figured that one. (Not to say anything bad about other people)

With all ordinary events there is a chance involved. Part of players don't plan their koban spending, don't make stockpiles, don't limit their fights to avoid partial affections, and if they read about anyone using refills some would even call out whales and p2w. So when it comes to boss batlling for shards they feel they could only rely on a chance to get the girls they want.

Now with those eyes look at PoA. It feels like a sure solid path. Devs already planned it and sweetened it with rewards. And with exact sum of 7200 they can get even more. For a player that could feel more stable and less frustrating than playing with chance and ending up with harem page full of partials.

( Yes, I'm not talking about planning and simple math. xD )

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 2

hace 4 horas, Dr. Lust dijo:

A bit less than 13 hours to finish and I'm at 73/100 shards. I'm going to sleep and decide tomorrow if I try to get Giovanna with refills or not. I'll use 10 of my morning fights to gauge the drop rate, if it's good I may try it, if it isn't, I'll save the rest of my combativity points for the Orgy Days that will start later.

hace 1 hora, _shal_ dijo:

I'm one of those that spend the 7200 kobans at PoA. I do it because I no longer spend the 5400 kobans to get a girl durign the main event, I just use the free orbs we get, so I invest that sum and a bit more to get two girls plus the bonus orbs. It's about balancing what you earn and what you spend, and as a free to play users, one can't spend as much as one would like.

hace 1 hora, Sir Fuck-a-Lot dijo:

After my lucky 100-shard on Giovanna, I gathered 57% of Lucile with my free combativity contingent until this evening, then decided that I would spend some Kobans to finish her as well. After 7 refills for 15k Kobans I'm not at 98% and hope to get the missing 2% until noon tomorrow without another refill.

Dude, 7 refills is 1500 kobans, not 15000! Don't scare me like that 😰.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

Oh, I think I figured that one. (Not to say anything bad about other people)

With all ordinary events there is a chance involved. Part of players don't plan their koban spending, don't make stockpiles, don't limit their fights to avoid partial affections, and if they read about anyone using refills some would even call out whales and p2w. So when it comes to boss batlling for shards they feel they could only rely on a chance to get the girls they want.

Now with those eyes look at PoA. It feels like a sure solid path. Devs already planned it and sweetened it with rewards. And with exact sum of 7200 they can get even more. For a player that could feel more stable and less frustrating than playing with chance and ending up with harem page full of partials.

( Yes, I'm not talking about planning and simple math. xD )

Spending 7200 kobans on PoA gives you many resources along with those two girls.

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Spending 7200 kobans on PoA gives you many resources along with those two girls.

Things have value. And personal evaluation of those resources is in play. For me, I've seen only one PoA so far which had enough of those resource to justify the cost.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Going by what we got in the most recent PoA:

- 2 GPx10 orbs, 40 Tickets, 30 energy: give ymens, so worth 0 kobans
- 50 combativity: nice to have, but since no event villain girls are available to obtain it necessarily goes towards acquiring tier girls, saving nothing but time
- 1 MPx1 orb: I'll be charitable and consider it as 0.5% of a girl and 30% of a useful legendary booster (double if no more avatars are present), so 27 + 27 = 54 kobans
- 1 MPx3 orb: 10% of a girl, so 540 kobans (and subject to getting an opportunity to actually make proper use of it, i.e. only one girl available in a MP rotation)
- 1 EvPx4 orb: 22.5% of a girl, so 1215 kobans
- 8 EPx1 orbs: approximately 8/15 of a girl, so 2880 kobans

So in addition to the 2 girls a maximum total value of 4689 kobans, but all of it subject to massive RNG effects, much greater than players are likely to encounter on combativity refills.* Maybe for lower-level players there's a bit more value available in that the various rewards may help to win daily contests; for high-level players they're unlikely to be enough to be a difference maker.

I certainly consider the PoA rewards to be worth the 7200 kobans cost, but that's because I can afford to ride out the inevitable bad luck streaks that those orbs involve. I remain a bit puzzled that players with limited koban resources are happy to spend so much on lottery tickets. (But then the intersection of "I'm doing a couple of Event Pachinko spins on every event" players and "I don't have enough kobans for combativity refills" players also seems to be pretty large, anecdotally...)

* Edit: Incidentally, EPx1 orbs are also an underrated part of doing more combativity refills.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Epic days is very under rated event.

It lets you pretty much choose which epic pachinko harem members you want from the event without getting a random one from epic pachinko plus it helps reduce the number of them in epic pachinko.

the event has the two new epic pachinko ones that they add for the month as well so you can get them the same time as the whales that empty epic pachinko out get them as well.

The only problem i have with the event is that they do not upgrade old epic pachinko ones to 5 stars during the event.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

I'd also add that girl value is not 5400 kobans but actually lower. That's a pachinko girl cost.

Depends. In the long run most girls eventually do make an appearance somewhere that allows picking them up for less than 5400 kobans, but it's hard to put a discount value on that since players' time horizons vary so wildly.

For me the discount would be 0% right now since I'm in "clearing out events completely" mode, and that's impossible to do without picking up at least some girls at full price (so I make sure any orb usage of mine actually saves me 5400 kobans per girl). But I agree that it's a relevant point in this context since the discussion was specifically about "the Epic Days discount of ~33% on the pachinko price isn't big enough", so players who think like that ought to value any 3* girl at less than 3600 kobans to be internally consistent. That brings down the value of the aforementioned PoA package to at most 3135 kobans.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2

Well, managed to get 72/100 shards for Giovanna.  Calling it a night in a few hours, won't get the girl.  Saving up my 9200 earned kobans for the next event or maybe a PoA event.  If I manage to get a few more shards for Giovanna, cool :),  but I ain't sweating recruiting no girl this event. :)  There will be plenty of more events.