[ 01-Nov-20 ] Lost Souls Carnival - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Servers acting up. Dare I say 'possessed'?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Rate New Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Bimbette. Meh
    • \________________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • . Carnival Akama. Meh
    • \_______________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Sue. Meh
    • \___/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Riley. Meh
    • \____________/ Yucky
  2. 2. Rate New Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Ronda. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Gossy. Meh
    • \______________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Alisandra. Meh
    • \________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Yui. Meh
    • \__/ Yucky

48 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

Day 1: 83 shards saved up from PoA and things, 83 used.  Picked up 51 shards on Carnival Riley.  Is that below average, above average, or just about right?

Thank you.

if you use the right words, someone might be able to confirm or not.

I guess you meant "saved 83 combativitiy points from PoA" and "got 51 shards on Carnival Riley"?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr. Lust said:

Day 1: 83 shards saved up from PoA and things, 83 used.  Picked up 51 shards on Carnival Riley.  Is that below average, above average, or just about right?

As I already posted above: I started with 95 saved combativity and after spending it all I also had 51% of one of the event girls. So I'd say that's about average, with you being slightly more successful than me.

9 hours ago, TeeJay said:

The event looks to be referencing Dia de Muertos,  Day of the Dead. It is a celebration that honors and remembers those people who have died. It's not about horror, so I wouldn't worry about that. The skull makeup is part of the celebration motiffs and has symbolic meaning about life, death, and mortality.

Of course, if this was a cheaply made horror movie that took place in Mexico ( or there-abouts), then, yeah, we're all screwed 'cause then it's all about horror.

Although the origin of the theme deserves respect, I am sorry to say that I don't like it anyway as theme for a HH event.

As for the girls, I can say that my fear of having to make room for a mission girl I don't like is confirmed, as Bimbette IMHO is the worst girl of the event. About the other on the villains, after a little pose spying I can say that they are better than I thought, although they will fall in the category "just another girl in my harem". Being impossible to conquer all three (save big strokes of luck, and in my case the start was bad, as 24 tries on Silvanus gave me only five shards for Avia and 0 for Sue) I will try for Sue first and then probably I will go on Riley.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lust said:

Thank you.

Classic events have drop rate of 10% and shards range 2-8, thus average is getting a girl (or 100 shards) in 200 battles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Fiel said:

That's the point, opinions, which means there are a lot of people who likes the quantity of events too.

But most people don't hold that opinion. A good majority think 5 is too many events, and I won't be surprised if Seasons makes people complain about it even more. 

4 hours ago, Fiel said:

The Orgy event exists so you can pick up previous girls you missed, but if you're going to extend the duration of the other events do you don't miss any girls, then the Orgy event becomes less useful. And all you get in the end is fewer legendary contests, which means fewer 5 star legendary girls.

Yeah, so? That's the whole idea behind Orgy Days. It was always an event most useful for newer players who had missed the older events. Besides, I don't think there's ever been an Orgy Days that there hasn't been at least 1 girl for me to get and I never miss the regular event villain girls. 

Fewer 5 star legendary girls would be wonderful. I can't even keep up with the affection requirements as is, and 3 every 2 months is hardly necessary. Then maybe they could get back to the whole "upgrade 3 star girls to 5 stars" project that was abandoned. That'd be really nice.

Anyways, regarding the event: I don't know that I like it very much but I'll reserve judgement until I see the higher poses. Though at least at a glance the villain girls seem consistently better than the pachinko girls so that's a pleasant surprise.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Janaff said:

But most people don't hold that opinion. A good majority think 5 is too many events

Polls can be manipulative. If you made it clear to the people who voted that you want them to have fewer 5 Star legendary girls, then you would have gotten a different result.

Edited by Fiel

39 minutes ago, Fiel said:

Polls can be manipulative. If you made it clear to the people who voted that you want them to have fewer 5 Star legendary girls, then you would have gotten a different result.

True. 

And if I had told them that the monthlong event is a race againt all players with a "interesting matching algorithm" where there is a much more unknown ressource input without any valid probability for getting the "more 5 star legendary girls" - you think they would agree more?

For LD there is an observed probability for boss fights to drop a girl. For LC there is none possible - for season none as well.

Edited by windia

hace 5 horas, Fiel dijo:

That's the point, opinions, which means there are a lot of people who likes the quantity of events too.

The Orgy event exists so you can pick up previous girls you missed, but if you're going to extend the duration of the other events do you don't miss any girls, then the Orgy event becomes less useful. And all you get in the end is fewer legendary contests, which means fewer 5 star legendary girls.

It's an opinion, yes, but one that's shared among the majority of users.

Janaff already said very well what's the real purpose of the Orgy Days event and who is it aimed for, and also that despite that, veterans always find at least one girl to go after because they were previously locked in the Pachinko

Fewer Legendary contests is a plus in my book, as I really dislike that event, and one fewer 5 star girls a month isn't really a problem. We can only use 3 of the in PvP battles and in the newly launched Places of Power, we can simply use more 3* girls to get the same results. Besides, the girls rarity is a broken mess (there's an order of magnitude more legendary girls than common+starter ones, and soon there will be as many legendary as rare. How can that be right?!)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eman said:

It's an opinion, yes, but one that's shared among the majority of users.

I really doubt the majority of people wants to lose their 5 star legendary girls.

Your poll concealed the consequences of the options, you didn't make it clear to the voters that your ultimate goal is to reduce the 5 star legendaries.

hace 3 minutos, Fiel dijo:

I really doubt the majority of people wants to lose their 5 star legendary girls.

Your poll concealed the consequences of the options, you didn't make it clear to the voters that your ultimate goal is to reduce the 5 star legendaries.

That is, once again, your opinion and the conclusions you get from your point of view. I think that many, if not most, people knew that one less event per month would come at the cost of either PoA or the LC, and were fine with it.

But well, there is a simple solution for that problem: make a thread with a poll asking if we'd be fine having only 4 or less events per month despite that meaning having one less 5* girl to recruit each month.

Don't forget to post the link to that thread here, so more people find out about it and can vote.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eman said:

That is, once again, your opinion and the conclusions you get from your point of view. I think that many, if not most, people knew that one less event per month would come at the cost of either PoA or the LC, and were fine with it.

What if others wanted Epic days eliminated? There could be a high chance of that case since Epic orbs are so generously given to every player.

This is akin to holding an election of ambiguous nature, and the voters had no idea you were planning to sabotage the 5 star Legendary girls, which everybody usually spends fortunes to achieve. The fact that the shards for Legendary contests are so contested should speak for how desired these 5 star legendary girls are.

Edited by Fiel

Finally, the event girls are well drawn (Great job KK, I mean it!) yet the whole event theme seems to be one of the least appealing ever. If anyone is into skull painted girls, that's good for you, but as far as my liking goes, it's a complete turn off. So, eventually we'll receive an event with well drawn girls AND one that's inspired in many interesting ways. Fingers crossed it happens in 2020 yet, until then the usual routine - get as many girls one can get for free, and save the kobans for greater use. All in all, it ain't that bad, so perhaps it's going to be an interesting month in the world of Haremverse. ^^

hace 1 hora, Fiel dijo:

What if others wanted Epic days eliminated? There could be a high chance of that case since Epic orbs are so generously given to every player.

This is akin to holding an election of ambiguous nature, and the voters had no idea you were planning to sabotage the 5 star Legendary girls, which everybody usually spends fortunes to achieve. The fact that the shards for Legendary contests are so contested should speak for how desired these 5 star legendary girls are.

In that case both of use would get what we want: you would still get your two 5* legendary girls and I'd get one less event.

But, if we take that survery from September as a guide, that wouldn't be likely.

3 hours ago, Janaff said:

But most people don't hold that opinion. A good majority think 5 is too many events,

You can't extend a forum poll with, what, fewer than 100 responses? to the hundreds of thousands playing the game. Just like you can't extrapolate opinions on Twitter to the rest of the people who don't bother to tweet at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fiel said:

I'm somebody who has no trouble obtaining any 5* legendary girl I want, and even I think their number has been inflated far too much in recent months. It has reached the point where almost nobody even needs them for PvP purposes anymore, and that used to be their main selling point to justify what they cost in kobans. Nowadays they're mostly being sold on their superior art quality, and that too is getting to be hit and miss.

2 hours ago, Fiel said:

The fact that the shards for Legendary contests are so contested should speak for how desired these 5 star legendary girls are.

I have no idea how you've come to that conclusion, considering even at level 400+ it's often possible to gain a top 25 on all four days doing little more than regular daily gameplay. If anything many people appear to be contesting for top 10 and better so they can get orbs on the subsequent days, i.e. the shards are just a roadblock en route to the real prizes.

Anyway, the problem most people have with LC is the very concept itself, and the fact that even a 5* legendary girl as the prize isn't enough to make them feel comfortable with the concept should be speaking for itself, both about LC and about the relative desirability of 5* legendaries.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 12

You know things are getting bad when I agree with shal. 
5 star legendary girls (and legendary girls in general) have lost a lot of their value. Too much legendary contests really dampened their worth imo, but theres doubtless other factors that go into it as well.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Complaining about "too many 5 star legendaries" is a First World Problem.

A 5 star legendary girl in your category is a godsend to us lower level players. I got one in the 4 day contest and, after I managed to upgrade her, I was able to move up in the Tower Leagues. Having such a girl as your alpha is a great equilizer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _shal_ said:

It has reached the point where almost nobody even needs them for PvP purposes anymore

They will always have a good use. Especially if the Places of Power keeps exponentially increase in difficulty, and the girls can't be in multiple places at once.

So be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fiel said:

They will always have a good use. Especially if the Places of Power keeps exponentially increase in difficulty, and the girls can't be in multiple places at once.

With 50 upgraded girls is more than enough for the current PoP, so no player should have problems to fill the power requirement, except very new players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jelom said:

for the current PoP

There is going to be at least 6 more Places, and they will all be far higher requirement than Places 3.

Also

If I recall correctly, a long time ago someone said the developers intended to make every girl 5 stars eventually, so that is likely where we would be heading regardless.

Edited by Fiel
  • Sad 1

hace 7 horas, Fiel dijo:

Also

If I recall correctly, a long time ago someone said the developers intended to make every girl 5 stars eventually, so that is likely where we would be heading regardless.

Those plans were, at best, put on hold. Don't count on it.

Justo ahora, Fiel dijo:

Source of this info?

Can't really post any as it was a comment made in the forum more than a year ago, but the fact that we haven't had any girl upgraded to 5 stars in a very long time seems quite convincing to me.