Seasons mechanics

jelom

30 minutes ago, Hunter123 said:

I was curious how this new PVP system would work with a fresh acc, so I fired up one. And boy, it is borderline unplayable. I've been stuck at Tier 3 for about a week now. Even with my veteran Nutaku account it's not nearly as enjoyable as the older system was. Kinkoid used to patch up and improve new features in the past, so I'm hoping the Seasons will get the same treatment down the line. I just have to say this, if I was completely new to the game, I'd abandon PVP and probably Hentai Heroes as a whole fairly quickly.

Just out of curiosity, what player level are you at on that new account now after the week?

The opponent level spread is way too wide, and the fact that any loss subtracts from your total is incredibly frustrating, particularly when the game is regularly dumping full sets of three opponents at level 20+ higher than me over and over.

And I have no idea how the Mojo value calculation is being done, but I've had opponents 40 levels below me who were worth ten more Mojo than the ones 20 levels above me - which is doubly problematic because I don't think I should be being matched with people who are 40 levels below me any more than I'm being matched with ones 10-30 levels above me (which seems to be the approximate range I'm getting).  +/-5 or 7 would be challenging, it doesn't need to be this devastatingly wide.

And I'm finding that because setbacks tend to stack up so egregiously, I'm basically immediately pouncing on any significant level mismatch that works in my favour rather than go for any risk.  Half the time it pays out better than any of the riskier options anyway, so why would I take the risk?  But being driven to that kind of strategy doesn't exactly feel fun.

And then there's the "you have to pay kobans for a new opponent lineup" thing.  Very few things in this game are koban stonewalls - generally it's a choice between waiting or paying kobans, and this does not feel like a good place to go to "lose a kiss AND mojo or pay up".  Spending a kiss (that you'll have to wait to regenerate) AND losing mojo (which you'll have to spend future kisses to recoup) is a double whammy to be forced into on a sure loss.

I like the concept - having a longer period event cycle as well as the shorter event cycles is good, but the execution is not great.  The randomness is a bit too random, and Mojo payouts (which I know likely aren't random) feel pretty random too.

Edited by Gnome Saying

1 hour ago, jelom said:

-58 levels, and he is only 65 mojo more than me (+24 mojo for a win)

So much for the idea that the mojo award calculations are percentage-based. I'm pretty sure ±65 would convert to a 24/16 split at any mojo value. (And would be equal to 19/13 on the old 32-point scale, which sounds about right to me for the arena battles of old.)

2 hours ago, jelom said:

I wasn't implying the mojo reward depended of the mojo percentage between players, I know the scale depends of the absolute value of the difference, it was just additional data.

Sure, I didn't mean you specifically, but it's a notion I've seen claimed multiple times by others since the patch a week and a half ago. Apologies if that came across wrong.

Anyway, I have a data point like that to contribute now, too. I faced the same opponent twice just three battles apart a few minutes ago; I got 24 mojo at 6211-6264, then 20 at 6267-6264.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

Le 13/11/2020 à 01:11, _shal_ a dit :

I'd be very curious what player level and current mojo total you're at. That sounds like you must be having a ridiculously small pool of possible opponents (both pre- and post-patch).

Unlike some people seem to be wondering, it doesn't seem to be related to advancing through the season stages.

The extreme example I quoted appeared once, it was before the patch, and though I did get some tough ones after the patch (such as 85K attack and 35 defense, witch is still far too much for me), not only it's still exceptional, but I always have easier choices along with it.

Actually, I'm more bothered by the fact I sometimes have only 3 too easy choices worth not enough points, but it's exceptional as well (though it has occurred a few times already).

For now, I usually have low or medium points worth targets plus one worth lots of points, so I'm progressing much faster than before the patch, actually adressing my initial concern. And the said target is usually not even that tough.

About the fact the proposed targets should match your own mojo... I don't know. A handful of players seem to have spent a heap of kobans to reach stage 45 almost from the start, so their mojo is oviously very high. I don't know how it will look like when I'll get near, but at level 38, playing normally, so far, so good : I'm not encountering difficulties so far (though I still lost a few times and lost mojo points). If I had to say something, it now feels too easy overall.

Edited by JumpingJackFlash

4 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

(such as 85K attack and 35 defense, witch is still far too much for me)

I was all ready to ask "Wait, what?" again, but I suppose I've finally figured out what strange strength numbers you keep citing. I thought the penny had dropped when @DvDivXXX had to set you straight on various aspects of the battle mechanics last month, but apparently not, so: Please learn to ignore the maximum numbers shown on the battle preview, as those are only in effect when both the beta and omega girls have joined the battle, and are thus barely (sometimes) or not at all (most of the time) relevant. Absolutely nobody else thinks of other players in terms of those numbers.

4 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

I don't know how it will look like when I'll get near, but at level 38, playing normally, so far, so good : I'm not encountering difficulties so far (though I still lost a few times and lost mojo points). If I had to say something, it now feels too easy overall.

Well, yeah, tier 38 is certainly not the normal speed of progression, so it's unsurprising that your set of potential opponents is also far from normal. I don't know if you used kobans early on or if you somehow just got lucky to fall into a very strange level/mojo bubble on the way up, but I daresay your experience is entirely unrepresentative for how Seasons is playing out for most players.

• Like 1

I probably used 12 kobans once or twice to refresh and avoid losing 31 points and getting too far back if I lost. That's all.

The reason I got so far so fast is since the patch, I get opponents worth 25 to 35 points almost all the time, and they're usually easy to defeat.

Of course, I get alternatives worth 5 points, but I usually never play them... Though right now I wouldn't have lost 32 points if I had chosed to do so, as I just got beaten up. :P

The free kisses we received also helped me a lot, of course.

To sum up, before the patch, I could progress around 2 stages in 3 days, so I was confident already I could have enough time in a month to reach stage 45, but after the patch + free kisses (I think 25 in total, 15 the first time, then 10 the other time ?), it turned into 2.4 stages per day on average over the last 17 days. Also meaning I would be 3 stages lower if it wasn't for the free kisses.

Anyway, now I'm presented opponents who are probably starting to get selected out of the weird ones who had reached stage 45 more than a week ago, if not almost from the start. And these have obviously reloaded their kisses pool with kobans... And that's also why I'm currently strugging against strong opponents. And they're not even worth 35+ points as previously, they're only worth 20 to 25 points, and you lose more points when losing the fight than you could earn winning ! ¬¬

Prepare for some hard time when you reach stages 40+... Fortunately, there are 13 1/2 days remaining so I should make it in time. :P

Cursor stuck, impossible to type, had to validate and edit to go on

Il y a 20 heures, _shal_ a dit :

I was all ready to ask "Wait, what?" again, but I suppose I've finally figured out what strange strength numbers you keep citing. I thought the penny had dropped when @DvDivXXX had to set you straight on various aspects of the battle mechanics last month, but apparently not, so: Please learn to ignore the maximum numbers shown on the battle preview, as those are only in effect when both the beta and omega girls have joined the battle, and are thus barely (sometimes) or not at all (most of the time) relevant. Absolutely nobody else thinks of other players in terms of those numbers.

OK, what I didn't understand then was the role played by the harmony value. Now I check it when I'm fighting against someone stronger than me.

Though fighting someone having higher stats is risky, having low harmony value means their special ability should trigger less often, so I can still win something like 2 out of 3 times. And something they get damn lucky and go on chain triggering their damn abilities... :P

Anyway, whatever you think and whatever the system is supposed to be, I just compare the maximum attack and defense values and always select my opponents that way in all PvP situations.

When I have more of both attack and defense, I always win even if the opponent has 50-80 K more ego than me. For ego to be any efficient, you've got to have much much more than your opponent if he's got a strong attack value (especially if he has a high harmony value, as his special ability will really hurt a lot).

Adversely, a strong defense value will allow the target (you or your opponent) to have their ego bar taking little damage with each hit received. So, rather than absolute ego value, I favor high defense values as I have much more chances of survival than just relying on a high ego value. I encounter lots of opponents who seem to have boosted their ego and attack, and they're usually the easiest to defeat, since I've chosen a more balanced strategy, meaning I resist their attacks and my special ability triggers often. Of course I also boost my attack.

Now you can still say I have understood nothing, and maybe it's right, but apart from the harmony meaning that now helps me avoiding some balanced opponents like myself when their other stats are too high, the only important thing is, IT WORKS PERFECTLY.

That's the only reason why I've been scoring high in the Tower of Fame at Dick 3 for a very long time, fighting opponents with levels 50 to 100 above mine. And I have to say, most of my XP is gotten from the Tower of Fame.

In the end, my interpretation and the way I use it are statistically confirmed by 98% of victories against opponents I select using these criteria.

Because whatever you say these values mean, my thought was the minima and maxima represent the limits of the attack value for each hit or the defense values against hits, which should be comprised between them. If not, please explain : which one should I take in account ? The minimum one instead of the maximum one ?

For me, it's just a quick way to chose between opponents I can beat and ones I can't. And trust me, I sometimes tried to fight them and lost, so I know pretty much when to resign.

If you have a better way to do so, then please feel free to explain... :)

Cursor stuck again

Oh, I think I now see why you got flustered by the values I quoted.

Maybe you're thinking in terms of base values, the ones that are showing on your character status ?

I'm referring to real combat values, the one you get after having selected an opponent in PvP or on the "select opponents" page of the Seasons.

I consider these ones as the real combat values because they take the boosts in account, whereas I think the base values don't, so you can't get any useful information from them.

It's evident in the Tower of Fame, because that's where you can see both : you get the base values in the list, and that's where I avoid selecting opponents having 40K+ base value on their main stat.

Then once you select an opponent and before you start the fight, you get to know his real stats, and depending on whether their boosts are on or not, the results can be extremely different. That's how you can sometimes beat a level 440+ opponent when you're around level 370...

So yeah, I'm talking about their REAL strength resulting from their inner stats + equipment + boosts, because that's the only one that counts.

Heya! I don't have too many insightful remarks about the new Seasons but one thing I've noticed is how much harder it is to gain XP. I realize they bunch it up compared to the daily possibility of 2k+ every day but honestly it feels harder to level than it previously did. Anyone else feel the same way? 

2 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

Oh, I think I now see why you got flustered by the values I quoted.

Maybe you're thinking in terms of base values, the ones that are showing on your character status ?

I'm referring to real combat values, the one you get after having selected an opponent in PvP or on the "select opponents" page of the Seasons.

I consider these ones as the real combat values because they take the boosts in account, whereas I think the base values don't, so you can't get any useful information from them.

It's evident in the Tower of Fame, because that's where you can see both : you get the base values in the list, and that's where I avoid selecting opponents having 40K+ base value on their main stat.

Then once you select an opponent and before you start the fight, you get to know his real stats, and depending on whether their boosts are on or not, the results can be extremely different. That's how you can sometimes beat a level 440+ opponent when you're around level 370...

So yeah, I'm talking about their REAL strength resulting from their inner stats + equipment + boosts, because that's the only one that counts.

Okay, no it seems you vastly misunderstand the system. I'm going to use my stats as a specific example.

image.png

the 76 995 is my base attack value, that's what I have when my alpha only is in play. I only get to use 91 631 when I have my beta & omega in play, aka after several rounds of the fight. This same applies to 25 285 being my base KH defence (highlighted because current opponent is KH), and 39 922 being the defence when I've got beta&omega in play. The base values are SO much more important than the final values, because they're around for longer.

If you'd like an example of this, go to a villain fight, do the maths on your base power subtract their base defence, and you'll get exactly how much damage you do on that first hit.

image.png

I'll use Gruntt, he's got 2 919 defence, so my hit should do 76 995 - 2 919 = 74 076

image.png

...okay sometimes Kinkoid's rounding function messes this up, but I still feel that's close enough, since it's obviously not my maximum subtract their maximum.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

OK, what I didn't understand then was the role played by the harmony value. Now I check it when I'm fighting against someone stronger than me.

Though fighting someone having higher stats is risky, having low harmony value means their special ability should trigger less often, so I can still win something like 2 out of 3 times. And something they get damn lucky and go on chain triggering their damn abilities... :P

FYI, your opponent special ability triggers zero times or once. It never triggers more than once, no matter what.

P.S: If he's charm, their ability lasts for 2 rounds instead of 1 round. It still triggers only once.

Edited by Kenrae

OK, so I perfectly understood the attack and defense values meanings, though I didn't know about the maximum ones being about beta and omega joining in.

By the way, there's a misunderstanding about the term "base value" I used before : I was talking about your character base values without boosts, the ones you can see in the Market first and second tabs. And you meant the minimum values out of the two on the right side of your screen above. I just called them "minimum" and you called them "base". Well, whatever, now at least we undertand each other.

In your case, your minimum (OK, "base") attack value is superior to my maximum one, meaning whichever stage in the fight with whichever other girl joining in, you'd always inflict more damage to me than I would ever be able to inflict to you, meaning my bar will decrease faster than yours, and unless it much longer from the start (which I guess is not the case), I would never try to fight you.

In the end, that's the only important thing to know : you're an opponent I'd avoid, and that's it.

Then, exactly how you explained, the defense value will represent the way the target will resist the attacker.

Then again, I've noticed the difference between both the respective maximum and minimum ("base") values for each topic is always excatly the same (with probably some roundings kicking in, since there are sometimes lower or higher by just 1) and seem to be depending on the player level, with a greater difference for higher level players, meaning when their beta and omega join in, they get a greater advantage.

Hence why I fnd it more cautious to compare the minimum values than the base values, as once the beta and omega gets in, the risk to lose raises. So to avoid getting spanked in a fight, I find it more clever to look at the maximum values... But anyway, comparing the base values or the maximum values between them is the same thing : in any case, you'll get the same difference between your attack and your opponent's defense, or your opponent's attack and your defense, with a greater difference with the maximum values so you'll get a security margin when considering fighting a higher level opponent, and that's all.

Using your stats as an example, the difference between your maximum and base attack values is 14,636 or 14,637.

Currently, the difference between mine is always 13,250 (I guess it's inferior to yours because I'm only level 381).

My ego is 365,942, my attack values are 63,619 - 76,869 and my defense values against KH are 21,180 - 34,430

So, using your calculation above and taking only the alpha in account,

- You'd inflict 76,995 - 21,180 = 55,815 damage to me each time you attack, and

- I'd inflict 63,619 - 25,761 (I'm HC) = 38,155 damage to you each time I attack.

It's obvious here I would inflict less than half the damage you'd inflict to me for each round.

Now I'm not doing those calculations every time I start a fight as I don't have time for this.

What I do is simply comparing the opponent's attack and defense values with mine. Then it's simple :

- If the difference in attacks is compensated by the difference in defenses, then the match should be balanced and mostly determined by the ego value.

- If the differences in attacks is greater than the difference in defense, then the attacker will be advantaged in the long term because he will grind down his opponent's ego bar faster, and there the difference in each player's initial ego value can help, but the larger the difference between attacks and defenses the more the ego value is irrelevant and it takes a really high ego value to be able to resist.

- If the differences in defenses is greater than the difference in attacks , then the defender will be advantaged in the long term because he will resist his opponent grinding down his own ego bar, with the same remark as above.

I just find it quicker and easier to get at a glance than doing the actual calculations, but in the end, don't forget substrations are commutative, so both methods are actually exactly the same. I'm just doing the same substractions as you, but in a different order, that's all.

By the way, I use the maximum values as a rule of thumbs, but using the base ones is almost the same, because what changes is only the differences between each player's maximum and base values, which account for only a few hundreths when both player levels are close to one another.

Using the maximum ones gives just a greater difference and adds some security margin to the calculation, and in the case of trying to fight a higher level opponent, it can help preventing a mistake. As you can see above, comparing my stats with yours shows your stats increase by 1,386 or 1387 when your beta and omega join in, aggravating my disadvantage against you even more, so even if it was a close call comparing our base values, comparing our maximum values would definitely tell me it's a bad idea. Do you understand my point here ?

Now I'll quote a few precise examples to explain the purpose of the quick method I'm using, and I'll show you why it's actually totally similar to doing your calculations.

First, my whole stats :

Level 381    HC
Ego        : 365,942
Def./HC    :  21,251 - 34,501
Def./Charm :  21,323 - 34,573
Def./KH    :  21,180 - 34,430
Attack     :  63,619 - 76,869
Harmony    :  41,818

1 – Here is an opponent taken from the Tower of Fame :

Level 428     Charm
Ego        : 445,530
Def./HC    :  11,746 - 24,562
Attack     :  79,004 - 91,820
Harmony    :  11,865

1.a - Your (actually the official) calculation, in alpha mode only, gives :

- When I attack, I inflict 63,619 - 11,746 = 51,873 damage each round

- When I defend, I receive 79,004 - 21,323 = 57,681 damage each round

Given my opponent's much greater ego and the fact he hits harder than me, I'll avoid engaging a fight.

But why exactly ? The answer is : because the difference between me hitting him and him hitting me is 51,873 - 57,681 = -5,808, and this represents exactly my disadvantage in a fight.

What I mean is absolute values given by your calculation mean nothing separately : what's the matter if you hit hard, when your opponent hits you back even harder ? But this is precisely the point : in the end, he'll empty your ego bar faster than you can get his down, especially when it's greater than yours (in the opposite case, I'd say it could be tried, with random succes, so it depends on whether you're a gambler or not).

1.b - Now let's get a look at my quick glance method. In order to prove you it's exactly the same way around, I'll use the base values.

OK, so our difference is offense here is 79,004 - 63,619 = 15 385 in his favor,

And our difference in defense (obviously taking his defense against HC and my defense against charm, of course) is 21,323 - 11,746 = 9,577 in my favor.

However, his advantage in attack is much superior to my advantage in defense, and that's exactly what I'm comparing when selecting an opponent.

In this case, there's a difference of 9,577 - 15,385 = 5,808

Surprise ! That's exactly the same result with my method and yours.

The difference is the simplicity, as it's easier to get this information at a glance. Usually the thousands are enough so I can make an opinion, and I don't need a calculator.

In this case, he's 15K stronger in offense and 5 to 6 K weaker in defense, and this is enough so I know I'll lose with receiving 9 to 10 K more damage each round. In addition, he's got an ego bar worth 100K more than mine, so it's definitely a no-go.

Even more so comparing the maximum values : 92K - 77K = 15K disadvantage when attacking, and 34K - 24K = 10 K advantage when defending, so an even clearer difference of 10K in his favor for each round : taking the maximum values in account gives an even greater gap and I'll clearly avoid fighting this one.

Do you understand my easy method now ?

2 - Now here is an opponent I currently have in my Seasons list :

Level 391     KH
Ego        : 375,919
Def./HC    :  15,811 - 29,282
Attack     :  67,613 - 81,084
Harmony    :  23,920

At a glance,
- The difference in offenses is 81 - 76 = 5 K in his favor (I take the lower rounding for mine so I keep a security margin, and note I've taken the maximum values here)
- The difference is defenses is 34 - 29 = 5 K in my favor.

So here we're almost of equal strength using my comparison method, with maybe a slight advantage towards my side in stats and a slight advantage to him in egos.

But look at his harmony value : it's much lower, meaning he favored KH-only equipment or maybe he used mostly chlorella and cordyceps, so he only boosted his attack and ego, leaving both his defense and harmony low.

The risk he triggers his reassurance should then be lower than me triggering bestial detonation, and as a matter of fact, I've actually ALWAYS won against this one so far, though I admit it's usually by a hair's breadth, but sometimes I can end up with 15 or 20% ego left.

3 - Then another one in the same list (both are recurrent these days) :

Level 407     KH
Ego        : 388,948
Def./HC    :  20,524 - 34,644
Attack     :  58,556 - 72,676
Harmony    :  39 897

At a glance,
- The difference in offenses is 76 - 73 = 3 K in my favor (I take the higher rounding for his so I keep a security margin, and I'm still taking the maximum values here)
- The difference is defenses is 34 - 29 = 5 K in my favor

So here, there's nothing to discuss : I have a 8K overall advantage for each round, and as a matter of fact and despite his higher level and ego, yes, his ego value means NOTHING to me and I ALWAYS crush him with more than 1/3 of my ego still left at the end of the fight. He could probably even have around 500K ego and still lose. It would be a close case, but I'd probably still win every time anyway, or not far from that.

Here we're clearly in a case of a guy abusing chlorella, which is detrimental to combat stats, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the result of such a choice. In other words, he's an easy prey for lower level players.

Now what I don't get at all is the harmony percentage. It looks completely random depending on the opponent, and it's not only a question of class. The only thing I could say is it seems to be higher when the opponent's harmony base value is lower, and that's all. Are the percentages really determined by each player's comparative values ?

Another thing I don't get is the time when the beta and omega girls should join in, and if they actually join in a the same time for both opponents ?

This in order to try and understand when the maximum values are actually getting used during combats, and if comparing them like I do is relevant, moderately relevant, or not at all. :P

Anyway, as the above examples proved, taking the base or the maximum values don't really make a big difference. It's only a matter of a few hundreds points and the only cases I lost is when we're of too close a strength (with my own definition of strength as explained above) and luck favors one opponent or another, so sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. I usually avoid them unless I have no other choice. And in the Tower of Fame, I still get mojo and XP from lost fights anyway.

Thanks for your patience, but I had to explain myself thoroughly, because there seemed to be lots of misundestandings about my previous explanations.

As for getting back to the topic, this just explains how I'm doing in the seasons (and PvP in general), by always selecting the stronger opponents, obvioulsy those giving the most points, unless I predict I'll lose (though sometimes it's so close I can either win or lose against the same player when I get him in my list again). By all means, PvP is my forte in this game anyway, and that's the only reason why I'm progressing quietly in the seasons as well.

Actually, I've just reached stage 44... And I'm now presented 3 of my nemesis at the same time. ¬¬

Since they won't change until either I fight (and probably lose, even against the weakest) or have to spend 12 kobans... well, considering there are only 2 stages left and 13 days, I'll probably just take a chance on one of them (and lose). Or wait until one them's boosts turn off, maybe ? :P

Note if I chose to fight knowing I'll lose, it seems I have to select the strongest one in order to lose less points...

il y a 50 minutes, Kenrae a dit :

FYI, your opponent special ability triggers zero times or once. It never triggers more than once, no matter what.

P.S: If he's charm, their ability lasts for 2 rounds instead of 1 round. It still triggers only once.

I can clearly trigger bestial detonation twice in a fight or even more.

Now maybe the reason is another girl joining in ? As I asked above, I really don't know when and why it happens.

Edit : OK, next fight, I won't use the quick finish button, witness the fight until the end and count the occurences. Same for the opponent's special abilities, while I'm there. We'll see...

Also, isn't it because your fights don't last long enough ? I usually fight opponents 40 levels above mine on average, we usually both have strong defenses and the ego bars rarely go down for large values, except when special abilities kick in (so noticing them is quite obvious).

1 minute ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

I can clearly trigger bestial detonation twice in a fight or even more.

Now maybe the reason is another girl joining in ? As I asked above, I really don't know when and why it happens.

No, it can't. It never does for anybody, I don't think the devs have done it different for you. If you think it triggers more than once you shouldn't have a problem doing a video of it.

il y a 1 minute, Kenrae a dit :

Not the strongest, the one who gives more mojo.

OK, you're right, I think it's actually the case. And the strongest don't always give the most mojo points, it's quite mysterious there because it changes all the time even when meeting them several times in a row. However, the strongest still very roughly give the most mojo points in general... It's just it fluctuates a lot.

Just now, JumpingJackFlash said:

OK, you're right, I think it's actually the case. And the strongest don't always give the most mojo points, it's quite mysterious there because it changes all the time even when meeting them several times in a row. However, the strongest still very roughly give the most mojo points in general... It's just it fluctuates a lot.

The mojo a player gives depends on your current mojo and his current mojo. If you beat him once, next time it will give less mojo, because now you have more mojo than before. It works like an elo system.

il y a 3 minutes, Kenrae a dit :

The mojo a player gives depends on your current mojo and his current mojo. If you beat him once, next time it will give less mojo, because now you have more mojo than before. It works like an elo system.

Sometimes I get the same one with MORE mojo just after I beat him.

Of course, some other player might have fought him and lost during the few seconds I needed to use another kiss, which is a possibility considering the number of players onlineat a same time.

Or he could have been figthing someone and won, but this case would statistically be very improbable.

1 minute ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

Sometimes I get the same one with MORE mojo just after I beat him.

Of course, some other player might have fought him and lost during the few seconds I needed to use another kiss, which is a possibility considering the number of players onlineat a same time.

Or he could have been figthing someone and won, but this case would statistically be very improbable.

The only option is the second, you don't lose mojo by losing as a defender (otherwise we'd all be losing tons of mojo).
Another option is a bug, of course.