Seasons mechanics

jelom

Seasons mechanics

this post will be only for feedback and discussion about Seasons mechanics and strategies for this feature as is deployed now.
To complain about the feature or ask for changes please use the other threads.

• First: how the Season works.

- In season you battle other players and get or lose mojo.
Acording to other players tests (thanks shal, windia and the rest) confirmed by my own observations a win gives between 12 and 21 points (edit: possibly also 11 and 10), so it seems the pairings are done with players between +/-100 mojo with no level restriction. Edit: pending to more observations the next days
- Every 200 mojo you reach a new tier and unlock rewards. There are 45 tiers so you need to get 9000 mojo points to unlock all rewards. At tier 20 and 35 there are 50 shards for a girl, so they are the main marks to reach.
- The season leaderboard. It shows the top 200 mojo players. Contrary to the old leaderboard that was updated every 4 hours, the new mojo leaderboard is constantly updated (you can check the last places every 5 minutes to verify it).
- The opponents. Every time you use a kiss to do a battle, you get three new opponents. That opponents are not refreshed until you battle one of them. I still have to confirm, but it seems the stats of the opponents are fixed at the ones they have in the moment they are assigned to you, and not updated afterwards EDIT: I have noted slight changes in opponents stats and their girls level after the midnight refresh (that would be good if player unbbosted and his stats were updated in seasons opponent screen).

• Second: Battles and mojo required to win the rewards.

Let's crunch some numbers on the battles and mojo required to get the rewards to see the difficulty of the season.

image.png.e55866eef95d0cb077a20a6c2633ef71.png

in a normal 30 days month we are allowed 720 kisses (battles). If we make a table taking the tiers in rows and the average mojo won in every battle in columns, we can see that with the average 16 mojo points per battle, we can  reach tier 20 with 250 battles and tier 35 with 438 battles, we can even reach tier 45 with 563 battles.

Most useful will be the second table, where we calculate how many losses we can take to reach the different tiers, calculated substracting the number of the first table from 720, and dividing it by two to take in account one additional win for every loss, we can reach tier 20 with 235 losses and tier 35 with 141 losses, even tier 45 with 79 losses. Of course with a different mojo average per battle we have different numbers.

• Third: Strategies to get the most rewards.

I will divide different strategies and outcomes for different level players.
Level 430+
-  As you can always select from three oponents, you will have no problem winning all battles and reaching high season tiers, so you don't have to hold back, go for it from the start. (Fortunately I am in this group)

Level 400-430
- You can still win most of the battles and reach high tiers, accept that occasionally a batch of high level opponents will force you to take a loss, but no big problem here to get past the girl at tier 35, and even reaching the last tier.

Level 300-400
- You will take losses if you gain mojo very rapidly and get assigned strong players the first days. Select your opponent battled to maximize your mojo after the first week. In the long run you should get the girl at tier 35.

Level 200-300
- Don't rush your battles at start to avoid harder opponents early, and don't be afraid to take losses after that, they can be recovered with more wins later when the mojo tiers put the high level players ahead. You will probably reach more than half of the rewards, and may complete the girl at tier 35 if you are a competitive player.

Level 1-200
- Your only option is triying to avoid the high mojo players at start, whether by delaying your battles as much as possible the first day or directly tanking and after that trying to win battles, but knowing you will take many losses the first days. You will not win high tiers because of the battles lost the first days and your comparative weakness.

Additional advice:
- 1. Don't buy the season pass the first day of the season if you are not a high level player. the Pass don't help you reaching Tiers, so it can be safely bought later to get the rewards if you want.
- 2. At the start of the month, all people will have the same mojo, so the level difference with the opponents will be huge. But if you wait some hours, the difference in mojo will increase, and you will not be paired with players that got 100 mojo points more than you. So it is wise to spent one kiss every hour and not the 10 at the start to diminish your mojo increase.
- 3. Another strategy for low level players is trying to tank rapidly in the first hours, losing the maximum mojo possible, so later on you avoid the stronger players that presumably have gained mojo initially.
- 4. For low level players, using some boosters, even common or rare, can help you a lot.

P.S.: mods, you can merge this in the other threads about the season if you like it

Edited by jelom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, jelom said:

Seasons mechanics

this post will be only for feedback and discussion about Seasons mechanics and strategies for this feature as is deployed now.

• First: how the Season works.

- In season you battle other players and get or lose mojo.
Acording to other players tests (thanks shal, windia and the rest) confirmed by my own observations a win gives between 12 and 21 points, so it seems the pairings are done with players between +/-100 mojo with no level restriction.
[...]

I'm not so sure about the small mojo range. I guess at the end of the month there is more data.

On test server I also had +10 mojo right now.

For the table itself and the conclusions:

• thank you for visualizing it
  • and a big agree - compared with PoA is an important difference that the Season pass only give rewards and no help to progress further

About the mojo range, my club mate MasterHorndog (currently at Tier 5) has said me that he is having mojo rewards with as high as 24 and as low as 6 mojo per battle, so that would indicate the mojo difference for the pairing would be higher.

• Like 1

For me it is a bad mechanic. I am blocked ,and i have opponents more strong than me . I refresh and i have the same yet. I use leggendary boost too ,but i can't to beat them. Instead to resolve this bad season mods give me penality...

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

“Seasons” conclusions and reflections. On 08/11/2020.

I would like to end my stay on this forum on a positive note, so I want to share my observations and conclusions that I made a week ago after the appearance of this mode on the test server. It was planned to monitor the regime for about the first two weeks and only then draw conclusions, but circumstances changed and it was decided to issue this text now.

All assumptions and recommendations are my subjective opinion, to follow them or not is the personal decision of the reader. I do not exclude the possibility that somewhere they may be erroneous or not accurate enough. Moreover, over time and changes in the game, they will become obsolete and this must also be taken into account.

The conclusions are based on personal observation both on the test and on the main server for several accounts of different levels. In addition, several electronic simulations of the "seasons" mode were created, simulating the processes taking place with players of different levels and with different game strategies.

The conclusions that were made.

1. This mode is not a PvP mode, but only uses the mechanics of PvP combat to form the "grind coefficient" (which was called Mojo), so that based on this value, the player can receive certain prizes, and the prize pool is personal for each player, which means that the players do not compete with each other for them, moreover, victory or defeat in a certain pvp battle does not in any way affect his particular opponent with whom he is currently fighting. All the player's actions only form a kind of ecosystem of mathematical patterns within which, firstly, daily participation in this mode is encouraged, and secondly, the total time spent in the game. Simply put - the higher your level in the game and the more regularly you conduct battles in the mode, the more prizes you can get, but no more than the average value for players of your level, in a certain range that depends on how relevant your team is for pvp in relation to your game level (uniforms, girls' level and stars, buying stats in the store)

2. Simulation showed that at each moment of time the ecosystem of "seasons" determines the maximum number of mojo that a player can collect, based on his combat performance. As soon as this value is reached, the system will automatically adjust the player's rating to this value, taking advantage of the fact that it fully controls the selection of his opponents. All the player can do is to make some minor fluctuations relative to this base value, but the more he moves away from it, no matter in plus or minus, the more the system's resistance to his actions will increase, over and over again returning his mojo to the value determined by the system. What is important - the maximum value of the mojo that a player can gain increases over time at an approximately constant rate. This is due to the fact that in pvp game mechanics, the attacker always has an advantage due to the "first strike right". In the initial versions of the simulation, I did not take this into account and the picture was rather funny when after a while the system became completely static - each unit in the system reached its threshold value (weak faster, strong longer) and at this all active turbulence stopped, and only small local fluctuations. But it was necessary to add a 15% advantage to the attacker and "the cauldron began to boil again."

3. What is the conclusion from the first two points? It is simple - in order to successfully interact with the "seasons" and receive the maximum possible number of prizes for you, you need to form a team adequate to your level of pvp and regularly spend the attempts of battles accumulated over time in this mode. It's all. What opponents do you have, whether you defeat them or not, you can ignore this at all, the system is completely self-regulating. During simulations, there was no difference between the seasons where the unit did not have a choice of three opponents and where such an opportunity was (moreover, the choice was "deliberate" according to the criteria for obtaining the maximum mojo or its minimum loss when there were no options with a victory). That is why I believe that this mode is not PvP, but the most common grind, the same as, for example, "places of power" - go into the game 2-3 times a day and spend all attempts without hesitation, that's the whole "game". It's surprising that they didn't make the x10 fights button, it would be very appropriate, but I think they will do it soon.

4. A sure sign that you are doing well in the seasons is that from time to time after victories there are defeats. This is normal. You shouldn't try to change this by using boosters, upgrading opponents or buying additional attempts. This is a waste of resources - globally, these actions will not affect anything at all. But if you are faced with local tasks, for example, you need victories in pvp for the "path of attraction", or you want to get a certain reward early, then these tools are quite appropriate if you use them correctly. At the end of the season, you can try the "finishing spurt" using boosters, especially if there are prizes worth fighting for.

I will be glad if this information is useful to someone. Good luck to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Well, in the latest update they seem to have lowered the level ranges at which you could get opponents to... 20-ish, down from +/- 40.

Good change, to be fair, as getting stuck with a set of three opponents 30 or 40 levels higher than you would end up wasting two attempts: One to take the L, and a second to get back the points you just lost. Sure, you gain slightly less points, but at least it's more consistent now, making it far less annoying to basically waste an attack set because of RNG.

That's more than possible, i mean a main benefit of keeping my level low is that my stats are pretty good for my level as (nearly) everyone tends to rush past without upgrading stats too much, so logically most of the opponents i see are higher level than me.

You're right though, i've been seeing people of around or even below my level more often.

I think this mechanics is still bad. It still favor those of high level. You can see at the strategies that levels up to 200 "will not win high tiers because of the battles lost the first days and your comparative weakness". The Arena was for everyone, and rewarded everyone if you played hard enough, regardless of level and power. This Season simply ignores that there are noobs in the game. Put the benefits in the hands of high level players, and leaves them with scraps.

I pointed several matters in the Seasons feedback post, and I still can't see any difference which changes my mind.

Another possible solution could be the possibility to refresh the possible opponents without the need of paying kobans. For example, you receive a list of opponents, and you know you're gonna lose against all of them. You could put a button to refresh the list, which makes you wait for, like, 10 or 15 minutes, AND giving you the chance to skip the wait paying kobans. This way, IF YOU WANT, you can skip the wait paying, but if you don't, then you don't have to! This way, there's no need to jump into battles you know you can't win, losing one ticket, which takes one hour to replenish, and takes a toll on your mojo you can't easily recover.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HEIS3780 said:

You can see at the strategies that levels up to 200 "will not win high tiers because of the battles lost the first days and your comparative weakness".

there have been changes in the patch notes that invalidate what i said initially. Now i think that low level players can reach more than half of the tiers if they play regularly.

On the low-level players topic - I've reactivated a level 229 alt account for seasons. It's quite old, but only has 5* common girls available to battle with, and has almost no market stats upgrades. I started doing Seasons there one week late, so currently I'm only at tier 6, but in the two and a half days I've played on there I've had absolutely no trouble finding beatable opponents in every selection, most often for 22+ mojo, too. We'll see how it goes once I move a little closer to the competitive edge of the field, if such a thing exists at that low level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HEIS3780 said:

I think this mechanics is still bad. It still favor those of high level. You can see at the strategies that levels up to 200 "will not win high tiers because of the battles lost the first days and your comparative weakness". The Arena was for everyone, and rewarded everyone if you played hard enough, regardless of level and power. This Season simply ignores that there are noobs in the game. Put the benefits in the hands of high level players, and leaves them with scraps.

pretty much everything in this game is like that now. been around for 2 years and with the state of HH now, I would dread starting over. money spent aside, being at high level just gets you more stuff easier and I can see new players/accounts be unable to keep up outside of the obvious method which the developers would appreciate greatly

It was true we were sometimes offered 3 stoo strong opponents prior to the latest patch, but there usually was at least one that was playable with boosts on.

Since the patch, almost all the opponents are now either ridiculously weak and offer a ridiculously low amount of points to earn, or there are sometimes even more overpowerred ones (I even got one with 105 K in attack and 36 K in defense :p).

So now I'm not even sure if we can earn enough points to even complete the season up to level 45, even without losing one battle, because of the ridiculous 5  to 10 points per battle (with some exceptional 20 or 21 points and I even got 35 points only once), whereas I could usually earn 18 to 27 points per battle on a regular basis, with 21-25 points on average and sometimes up to 31or 32 points.

I agree it was previously a bit too hard and unbalanced compared to some player's current power (mostly beginners, according to the complaints), and you sometimes had to even lose points or spend kobans to refresh (though 12 kobans was still acceptable), but the patch seems to have exaggerated in the exact opposite way.

I think it would be great if it was rebalanced to the exact middle between before and after the patch... What's you opinion after having using the new formula ?

3 hours ago, JumpingJackFlash said:

there are sometimes even more overpowerred ones (I even got one with 105 K in attack and 36 K in defense :p).

Wait, what?

So now I'm not even sure if we can earn enough points to even complete the season up to level 45, even without losing one battle, because of the ridiculous 5  to 10 points per battle (with some exceptional 20 or 21 points and I even got 35 points only once), whereas I could usually earn 18 to 27 points per battle on a regular basis, with 21-25 points on average and sometimes up to 31or 32 points.

I'd be very curious what player level and current mojo total you're at. That sounds like you must be having a ridiculously small pool of possible opponents (both pre- and post-patch).

Edited by _shal_

Le 02/11/2020 à 23:17, jelom a dit :

Thanks for your topic,it help to understand how it works

I was curious how this new PVP system would work with a fresh acc, so I fired up one. And boy, it is borderline unplayable. I've been stuck at Tier 3 for about a week now. Even with my veteran Nutaku account it's not nearly as enjoyable as the older system was. Kinkoid used to patch up and improve new features in the past, so I'm hoping the Seasons will get the same treatment down the line. I just have to say this, if I was completely new to the game, I'd abandon PVP and probably Hentai Heroes as a whole fairly quickly.

Edited by Hunter123