Mythic Equipment - New Feature

FinderKeeper

5 hours ago, Zteev said:

The general consensus is that getting two blessings specifically Ego/Defense is better than getting just Attack and nothing, when attacking correct? It seems that way to me, but just checking.

Glad you checked, because it's the exact opposite. The general consensus is that getting Attack (matching your hero class) as your main bonus for as many slots as possible from your MG is by far the biggest and preferable boost (after just the raw stat boost you get from upgrading to MG, even without any bonus).

The secondary bonus has been fiercely contested and debated, with Zoopokemon and others rooting for Defense as the better one, and myself and others rooting for Harmony instead. But it's a moot discussion in retrospect by now anyway. Getting a full set of 6 pieces with the Attack bonus matching one class is hard, long and costly enough as it is. The odds of getting a usable secondary bonus at all from one or more of these 6 pieces are very small, so the default will basically be no secondary bonus for the foreseeable future for most of us.*

*Edit: just to be clear, of course every piece offers a secondary bonus technically; but you only benefit from it while you're using a team tagged with the color the piece wants, which won't happen often and especially not for most pieces at once. Odds are once you manage to cobble together 6 Attack pieces for your class, a couple or maybe three at best will want the same color, and odds are that even when that happens, it'll be an average or even a bad color rather than the elusive  but most often usable 9th option, Rainbow, or one of the two top-tier elements, Blue and Dark. So in practice, most people won't have an active secondary bonus most of the time, with a cocktail of pieces each wanting you to tag your team a different (most likely bad to average) color.

Anything you can get beyond a permanent +12% Attack linked to your hero class is as welcomed as it is unlikely. Maybe in a couple of years some non-whale veterans will start having a wide enough sample of those deliberately scarce, super expensive items that they'll end up actually having a choice between this or that secondary bonus for the same item slot and same useful color with their class-matching Attack bonus, and then we'll see. Maybe.

Even Ego+Def doesn't hold a candle to Att alone for the same slot. Just like cordyceps (pure Attack) is still the king of boosters over everything else. Granted there's no booster that's the exact equivalent of either possible secondary bonus on MG pieces, but the closest to both would be ginseng (bit of everything, including Def and Harmo), and there's no question it's the second-best regular booster overall, but still far behind the cordyceps. And a ginseng does a lot more than a flat Def or Harmo boost. As for HP (Ego) as your main bonus? That's barely noticeable, just like it's booster equivalent: the chlorella. Attack as the primary bonus all the way.

Good luck, have fun.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Zteev said:

The general consensus is that getting two blessings specifically Ego/Defense is better than getting just Attack and nothing, when attacking correct? It seems that way to me, but just checking.

To echo what Div said, I don't agree that E/D is better than A/_.  I think that having 6 class matching gear that boost Atk is the current ideal.  It's like having an extra cordyceps booster.  The 2nd bonus doesn't matter much yet, since it'll be difficult to match every element.  If you can match the elements, great, but I wouldn't choose them over Atk.

I have 6 CH gear, w/ 4 Atk & 2 Ego.  The element themes are 2 Balanced, 3 Voyeur and 1 Dom.

Blessings sucked last week, but it meant I could pick any M6s I wanted, and they'd be viable, not effecting TP much.  I noticed a Dom/Voy team matched 4 of my M gear (3 Voy and 1 Dom).  It made a big difference, as I was able to finish in the top 4 of DIII, despite aiming for a top 15 w/ 7x 3 Gins.  I think it was due to the +6% extra defense than usual.  I think the 4/6 theme bonuses I had were like a 4th gin booster, on top of the constant Atk/Ego boosts.

This week, I noticed a balanced team was giving me slightly higher scores, despite just matching 2 harmony gear.  I think it's just b/c it's my highest TP team.

Atk/Ego boosts are constant regardless of team elements.  The Def/Harmony boosts are trickier and more of a late game goal.  I got a taste of matching theme bonuses recently, and liked it.  This is why I try to save all M gear if I can, b/c their elements might be strategically useful in the future, when one counter element becomes dominant one week.

I think the M gear priorities are still in this order:

1. Getting any 6 gear that fill the slots, ignoring class, but choose your class if you get it.
  2. 6 class matching gear, ignoring whether it's atk or ego.
  3. 6 atk.  Simply the best bonus, and my current goal.  I have 4/6 CH Atk.
  4. Choosing specific elements.  Can mix and match 2 elements, or choose all balanced, etc.  I think all balanced would be the most reliable and useful.  I can use 4/6 of the theme bonuses atm, but they won't be relevant every week.
  5. 6 def/harm (your choice).  This choice comes last, but we decided to debate it first, lol.
On 3/2/2023 at 7:58 AM, Ravi-Sama said:

Score: 6669...nice 🤘🏽
Avg: 22.45
Boosters:  7x 3 Gins (297 fights) & 0 AMEs.
Refills: 1.53 (-290 kos~23 fights).
Profit: +4474 kos
Player Lvl: 500.
Avg Player Lvl: 487.43 -> 487.88

Girl Lvl Cap: 750 (30 L5s & 13 M6s maxed)
Defeats: 2/297 fights
Opponents: 99

Max TP: 204.35k -> 164.95k.
Mythic Gear: 6/6 CH (+8% Atk,
+4% Ego+6% Def& +4% Harmony from Dom/Voy)
L5 Girl: 146% for Livia 🔴.

Used 3 Gins all week.  Somehow got a top 4.  Must've been an easy bracket.  It was simple to counter eccentric teams in the first half.  Used refills for the PoA. 

In the 2nd half, I realized that a Dom/Voy team gave me the best advantage, b/c there was a lack of blessings.  That elemental combo matched my mythic gear the best.  Noticed that I had up to 10k more defense than other players.  Just fought 6 boosted players.  4.4k kos is my highest profit ever.  Now the MD will be stress-free.

image.thumb.png.3a7cd02508f8e2c87f7a4076627a6c76.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Rylarth said:

Is it worth sacrifing 4% ego to instead get 4%defense i guess the answer is yes but would appreciate to hear what other thinks?

Not sure, I'd have to try it.  I think that'd mean you'd be upgrading non-class matching gear, which I wouldn't do, unless it was balanced, and for a slot that I didn't have Atk gear.

The idea is if you can't boost Atk, then you might as well boost Defense, instead of Ego, right?  If you have the resources (fodder gear/ymens), you can experiment w/ it.  I don't, so I won't.  Also, only if you know you'll definitely be using that particular element.  Otherwise, you wouldn't get any benefit.

I think the best thing to do is just be patient, use the Ego gear, and you'll get the Atk gear eventually.  Later on, you might regret upgrading non-class matching gear.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rylarth said:

Its for 2sensual equipments that is basicly the only element that would make me consider it they could be extra usefull if I decide to switch to hardcore

I would still put a pin on it and wait until you get more, hopefully better pieces. These are very resource intensive to upgrade and just 2 pieces is nowhere near enough to make a move imho. I mean, I have 5 Attack pieces of my class now, and I was still reluctant to move forward and start upgrading them in case the 6th one takes ages to come and 6 better pieces eventually fall on my lap for another class. Although I started taking the risk (but it's so damn punishing in how it breaks the main cycle of Ymen income... I'm nowhere near done).

With just 2, it's way too much of a gamble. Keep them just in case, for sure, but if you start feeding them your now-precious garbage epic gear and Ymen reserves, you'll very likely come to regret it later on.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done a small table about the mythic equipments repartition according to the resonance bonuses

Total Atk Ego Defence Harmony
HC 19 9 10 5 14
CH 22 6 16 10 12
KH 12 3 9 6 6
Total 53 18 35 21 32
    33,96% 66,04% 39,62% 60,38%

Do you have similar data from your side?

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom208 said:

Do you have similar data from your side?

I added the sums for atk, ego, def and har and the percentages in the two small tables in the bottom right corner in my spreadsheet.

As I have gotten only 31 mythic equipment pieces so far, my sample is not very big.

But the numbers (distribution atk-ego and def-har) look rather balanced here - (roughly) rather half/half than 1 third/2 thirds like yours.

2023-03-18-31mythicequipments.thumb.JPG.46892f7d16f7a32da346207e7f1b7b7d.JPG

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tom208 said:

You have even more equipments with attack bonus than ego bonus. 😲

That's right. But also I count 1 duplicate.
(So far I don't really know how to manage them in my table, especially when there will be more than one. Maybe I should just sell them and not count them.)

Furthermore not only the raw numbers are important, but more the distribution on the slots.

For example I have 7 CH attack gear, but for only 3 different slots.

Also I have 3 HC attack gear for 3 different slots and 8 KH attack gear for 5 different slots.

Edit:

And only with CH gear (regardless if atk or ego bonus) I could fill all 6 slots.
(With HC I could fill only 4, with KH only 5 slots.)

Edited by Mighty Thor
  • Like 2

I've got 40 M gear now.  Still 4 slots of CH Atk gear.  Only 1/40 is an actual duplicate, which I ignore.  Still don't have 6 Atk slots for any class.  Have 5 slots of HC Atk gear (not my current class).

My bonuses are closer to 50/50 than @Tom208.  I have way more A/D gear, but almost an equal amount of the individual bonuses.  The range is just 18-21 each, out of 40.  I'd say the rng is even w/ individual bonuses, and there's more randomness w/ the actual combinations of bonuses.

image.png.c37fa75095d8da84f1fe1d466f240124.png

image.thumb.png.7a33d636d5a839a188f0f291dabf5a5d.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
Added updated grid.
  • Like 3

No fancy table for me, but some raw data:

- 39 Items

- 6 Atk KH, 5 Ego KH

- 10 Atk HC, 7 Ego HC

- 3 Atk CH, 8 Ego CH

- 15 Def

- 24 Harmony

- Atk, all classes: 19

- Ego, all classes: 20

Elements are pretty balanced as well, between 3 and 5 pieces each.

• Like 4

Just realized that I do have 6 slots of Atk M Gear, but not for my CH class; they're for HC.  Got the 6th Atk piece 5 days ago, and didn't realize it, lol.  I have a total of 10 HC Atk gear, so it'd probably make sense to switch to HC at some point.  I can only max 2 of the HC gear atm, so I'll wait until I can max all of them, before I actually consider switching classes.  By then, I might get 2 more CH Atk gear, and not need to switch, but it's nice to have the option. 

For reference, it'd cost 59 mil ymens and 1,555 fodder material per gear, so a full set of 6 would cost a total of 354 mil ymens, and 9,330 fodder material.  Plus, the 600 kobans for switching classes, of course.  A substantial cost for +12% Atk, versus my current +8% Atk w/ CH, but that's the most important stat in this game.

image.thumb.png.4eb02a1261e0456a6d01dab419b77fee.png

I realized I had 6 of them after manually updating this table.  The rest of my spreadsheet auto-fills itself in, after I input a new gear, that's why I didn't notice.

image.png.878660ba6758e1090c6da0810c480675.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got my 6th slot of mythic gear with attack bonus for hardcore class.

Now I can use the mythic gears for other classes to upgrade the useful gears. I can also use my mythic gears for hardcore class but with ego bonus (I keep 1 gear per slot, just in case).

• Like 4
  • Hearts 1

19 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

My fave development was that I finally got my 6th CH Atk gear, from the DP's mythic gear drop!  It's my 50th M gear.  Now, I have 6 Atk for both CH and HC, and no longer have a good reason to switch to HC.  It was balanced A/D, and for the slot I was missing too, incredible...  I maxed it immediately. 🤩

My mythic gear drop rate from the MP is 1.28%. (24 drops / 1869 MPx1s)

Out of my 50 mythic gear, 2 were actual dupes, and I used 2 high level playful ones as fodder, so I really have 46 of them.

Now, the focus shifts to finding nice elemental versions of CH Atk gear, to swap w/ the ones I already have.  I think a good strategy is to get a mix of two elements, so you can get all of the theme bonuses, w/o needing all 6 of one element.  Sensual plus Dom are probably the ideal pairing.  If I could get 6 of one theme, it'd be either sensual or balanced.

I think choosing elements is more important than whether it's Defense or Harmony.  That choice should be way off into the future.

I still might switch classes one day, if I got a full set of Atk HC/KH balanced/sensual gear.

image.thumb.png.32ca030161b01bb503d90d4e1e36645a.png

(What I see, when I look at these gear icons).

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

40th mythic gear get. Still haven't completed a full set of any element.
Top heavy Hc, with almost 50% (47.5%) of all the items being Hc element.
So far only 1 duplicate.
The distribution of class bonuses seems to be an even 25%, no big differences here.

Alltho 40 is way to short of a sample size to make any conclusions, would need several thousands
in order to make somewhat predictable estimates. 

My mythic items from pachico luck has improved tho, I was at one point almost down to 0.5%,
but some reasonable drops lately has moved the percentage up towards 1%

myth01.jpg

Myth02.jpg

Myth03.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Found critical bug today (and lost Mythic armor 18lvl)
Equipment - level up - manual select
select one item - "exp counter" will decrease

BUT! if you click that item again:

a) experience counter will decrease by the same amount with each click ("Until level 13" on screen)

image.thumb.png.999f5f1134c6a0a763cf71f97fbd74d1.png

b) select item - deselect item - select enough items for level-up. All deselected items disappears!
I just wanted to know how much experience a level 18 item would give, and so I lost it

Edited by kifat
  • Surprised :O 3