[Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕

Liliat

Been a while since I posted an update :)

Version 0.13.1 is now available, with some UX improvements, and initial Girls Equipment support (Of course, Girls Equipment support can only be used/tested on the test server for now :) )

image.thumb.png.b749a70f3f4856630565eee8c1c705a1.png

image.png.7d33f060739009939d0881681e6da7a6.png

- Added the equipment description to the Harem, with actions to Equip/Unequip all items, or to unequip a single item
- Made the XP/Affection bars more compact (With the added equipment, this section was becoming way too long)
- Added equipment-related filters: Filter by Class, Filter equipped girls

image.png.5e38dc375cbc156539366f80708b2adf.png

- When closing the Girl Equip/Upgrade page, the Harem script is now opened (instead of the original in-game harem), making it easier (faaaaaster) to navigate between Harem and Equipment pages
- The summary page is now more compact (You still see everything at once, but it no longer has to cover the entire screen, yay!)

image.thumb.png.5eac1b0e389f17d396201ed6bf852368.png

For now, it is not possible to equip individual items directly from the Harem page (Only "Equip all" is supported). I'm still considering how to implement this, and it may or may not be done before the equipment release. We'll see. However, you can quickly navigate between the Harem and the Equipment page, so that's still more convenient than the original harem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Hearts 3

• Liliat changed the title to [Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕

⚠️

The last update of the harem script introduced a bug in the way blessings are cached. As a result, blessings data was not updated today. The harem script will show incorrect stats/blessings until this issue is fixed. Don't trust the stats!

⚠️

image.png.6f0e159362d0da06c943abe1bcb588a5.png

• Thanks 1

Moar inventory/team-management!

You can now filter your harem by pvp team(s):

image.png.a654474afa040d1806118dc255d2a1c5.png

But more importantly, once you filter your pvp team, you can manage all their equipment in the new Inventory section:

image.png.323b2080e9458b8e1e59c6cfda6fd9d5.png

And easily find the best girl to equip with each item:

image.thumb.png.a0e077558c375fb284aef06a2644ffc2.png

Or maybe just quickly see how empty your girls inventory really is:

image.png.c2f82a3e3f8adb9d85fbdcfccc27cbdb.png

This is an attempt at providing a global view/management for girls equipment. It's still pretty rough around the edges. At the moment, the table can only show the difference between the currently equipped item, and the item selected in the inventory (So the table will be empty if you don't select anything on the right side - or if your inventory is as empty as mine!)

After selecting a piece of equipment on the right side, you can click on one of the cells highlighted in blue to actually equip it on one of the filtered girls. The list of girls visible in the Inventory matches the ones filtered in your harem, so make sure to adjust your filters before opening the inventory! This table doesn't work well when displaying all 1500 girls at once 😛 (I think "Filter by team" makes the most sense, but you're free to choose whichever filter you like! Even if it doesn't make any sense!)

I think this tool provides a lot of value, as it makes it a lot easier to figure out matching resonances, without having to always "Filter by pose" or "Filter by element" for each individual item. Well, if you have more than 3 pieces of equipment with resonance bonuses, that is. Otherwise, it's probably not worth the effort anyway :P

I'm considering adding additional modes for the equipment table, e.g. to display the cumulated stats of current equipment. I'm open to suggestions and ideas, and feedback in general!

Quick tutorial, because the tool is probably not intuitive:

image.thumb.png.4739d8ae89234c42de698aa42a29020c.png

1: Make sure to apply appropriate filters before opening the inventory (e.g. filter by team)
2: The stats section shows the bonus/malus between the selected element and the currently equipped item, for each girl. The table is empty if you don't select any equipment
3: The inventory section, where you can select a piece of equipment. All currently unequipped items are displayed*, for all possible slots

* If you own more than 100 items per slot, only the 100 best ones will be shown for each slot (600 items max). No pagination yet, and the server doesn't return everything. I doubt anyone has over 100 mythic items per slot, so this should be an acceptable compromise :)

image.thumb.png.4c1dbad3bbb3ddfb604ee9280c4762c1.png

1: Select the piece of equipment you want to equip (current piece is highlighted)
2: The stats of the selected equipment. (Hardcore+Charm+Knowhow are summed in the first column, as the "Total stats" (or Total Power). Since all items give an equal amount to all 3 stats, there's no need to distinguish them)
3: The difference between the selected equipment and the currently equipped item, for each stat and each girl. Raw stats are the same for every girl, so the last 3 columns are the most important ones: they show resonance bonus. The selected section shows that Sifra has the most resonance with the selected necklace, and it's much better than the one she currently uses; so she will probably receive it.
4: Highlighted in blue, the equipment slot where the item can be equipped. Click on it to actually equip it to one of the girls

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 10
  • Surprised :O 1
  • Hearts 2

There does not exist enough words in the english language to convey just how much better this is then what we had.
Equipment screen with stats, more stats, and an easy way to change items.
With this thing here, some people could also use the auto tool, and see just how good it is compared to manual.

I would not be suprised if Leliat got a message from someone on the dev team; asking if they could use this.

10/10 IGN

• Like 3

This looks so great and I'm sure this is again the only way this new feature will make sense.

And there goes sort of a problem, on one hand it is very much appreciated that all our Script Gurus do this fantastic Job, giving the Game "Playability".
But on the other side, I could imagine many more Players would be more against this feature, if there were only the ingame possibilities of managing this.

I'm really torn here. 😪

But nevertheless, a big thanX for this Piece of Art. 😉

--------------

One other thing, I got all the scripts running on my Smartphone lately, and noticed that even it is much faster and of course more comfortable than the app, the Harem Script could use one little modification for small screens.

It would be very great, if one could hide the Picture and Stats/Description of the selected Girl, to make room for the Thumbnails.
That would help very much at collecting money, because then could be shown more than just three or four girls.
Would also make it faster and less energy consuming I guess, if the processor doesn't have to display all the stuff for only fractions of a second.

At least my (5 year old) Phone gets a bit warm and slows down after a few minutes.
Maybe a bit less stuff to process might help.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 3

Il y a 16 heures, Der DinX a dit :

One other thing, I got all the scripts running on my Smartphone lately, and noticed that even it is much faster and of course more comfortable than the app, the Harem Script could use one little modification for small screens.

There are many things that can be improved for small screens! I try to keep the harem at least "usable" on phones, but it's not an easy task (At least for me :) ), so I try not to spend too much time on this.

Anyway, I gave it a quick try, and I don't feel that the performances are much better (I don't have numbers to compare, it's just a feeling). The middle and right section of the harem aren't that expensive to render and update to begin with. Rendering a grid of 1500 girls is.

image.png.bbe65f5953647136f41e4e428a9eb23d.png

image.png.83b58189320c69597f905d3df2a275a5.png

I might still explore this option in the future, to at least give more options to phone users (even if it doesn't make performances better). At the very least, as you said, it gives more space to work with.

• Like 4

il y a 5 minutes, 430i a dit :

Is there a way to filter only the girls in a given team (like in zoo's script)?

Yes, I added this possibility last week when implementing the inventory:

Unlike HH++, you can't "click" on the team. Instead, you use the Teams filter, where you can enter the Team Number or range (e.g. you can pick "Team 1", or "Teams 1-4", or "Team 1;3-5" to get 1, 3, 4 and 5). If you just activate the filter without entering any value, all teams are selected

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 4

I found sort of a solution, to make it a little easier to collect money.

Normally i use the Fullscreen Mode from the Ingame Menue, to make everything a bit bigger.
The Result is seen in my Post above.

But when I set Firefox to Desktop-Website I can Zoom Out and this will give me a much better possibility to handle the money collection.

It still slows down after a while, but still is much faster then the app.
Guess my Phone is a bit to old to handle this big amount of data.

Screenshot_20230602-112130[1].png

Screenshot_20230605-010019[1].png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Base Potential: Total power at lvl 1, max stars, no blessings

Base Power: Total power at current level, current stars, no blessings

If you want to focus upgrades, "Base Potential" is the value that matters, because it ignores the current state of the girl.

Note: the Base Potential value is normalized to lvl 1 rather than max level (Lvl 750), but that doesn't really matter, if your goal is to compare them (The growth is linear between lvl 1 and 750)

• Like 2

Thank you very much. Just to be sure, I searched this thread and looked in the game without success, but still, did I miss anywhere where these terms are explained like you curteously did above either here or in the game?

I didn't know growth was linear, so yeah, it makes no difference then which level is used for comparison. So for my purpose base potential it is.

Il y a 9 heures, Feyiame a dit :

Just to be sure, I searched this thread and looked in the game without success, but still, did I miss anywhere where these terms are explained like you curteously did above either here or in the game?

The script provides some tooltips for each filter:

image.thumb.png.c3b54c858707beeb3b173a6845e90beb.png

However, I didn't add any tooltip to the Sort options (Probably because the first ones were obvious and self-explanatory, and when I added more options down the road I didn't consider it).

Looking at it again now, even the Filter tooltips do not really explain what Potential Power is. Since this script mostly targets veteran players, I assume they are familiar with the example values and will immediately understand what it means (25 and 28.56 are well-known values to describe girls power), and the rest can probably be understood with trial & error. Maybe. At least that was my assumption/hope 😛

Among my kilometer-long todo-list, I was considering adding proper documentation for the script, with examples and tips, but I never took the time to do it. Well, guess it's too late for that now :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Liliat said:

I was considering adding proper documentation for the script, with examples and tips,

Hold your Horses, not only do you give sense to an unplayable GUI, but now you even want to start explaining things?

Guess that would be overkill 🤪

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Feyiame said:

I didn't know growth was linear, so yeah, it makes no difference then which level is used for comparison. So for my purpose base potential it is.

Add up a girl's lvl 1 max star stats (HC + CH + KH) to get their "max base sum" stats, then you just multiply w/e that is, let's say "25" for a new L5 girl, by whatever level you want, let's say 750.

• 25 base stats * 750 levels = 18,750 TP or Total Power

Then, to add blessings to that girl's stats just multiply it.  Blessings also get multiplied by each other, in the case of a double blessing.  For example, the mythic 40% blessing next week would affect a lvl 750 mythic girl, w/ 28.56 base stats this way:

• 28.56 base stats * 750 levels * 1.4 (for the 40% blessing) = 29,988 TP

If you then have 7 identical girls like that, then just multiply that by 7, for an entire team's TP.

• 29,988 TP * 7 = 209.9k TP
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 9:19 AM, Liliat said:

The script provides some tooltips for each filter:

image.thumb.png.c3b54c858707beeb3b173a6845e90beb.png

However, I didn't add any tooltip to the Sort options (Probably because the first ones were obvious and self-explanatory, and when I added more options down the road I didn't consider it).

Looking at it again now, even the Filter tooltips do not really explain what Potential Power is. Since this script mostly targets veteran players, I assume they are familiar with the example values and will immediately understand what it means (25 and 28.56 are well-known values to describe girls power), and the rest can probably be understood with trial & error. Maybe. At least that was my assumption/hope 😛

Among my kilometer-long todo-list, I was considering adding proper documentation for the script, with examples and tips, but I never took the time to do it. Well, guess it's too late for that now :D

No worries. I mostly play on mobile browser, so I probably missed the hover help texts due to my own incompetence 🙃 (I regularly forget to check things like that when on mobile, it just somehow doesn't register with my brain).

I did not want to add extra work to your workload, I am good with the explanation you gave here, and its in the thread for the script, so easy enough to find in the future I say.

And I really appreciate you and also Ravi-Sama giving a precise and immensly helpful answer without being condescending/grumpy despite my obvious showing of noobishness by nature of my question.

🥰

• Like 1

• Ravi-Sama featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I found a serious mistake in terms of the levels of girls.

According to Harem++, Head Teacher Kuruva has been leveled up to level 51.

1.thumb.jpg.1eb70df68a0b1abfcaf83a0a67c25654.jpg
However, if you go to a normal Harem, you can see that she already has level 103.

2.thumb.jpg.5d8ebd86ccaa3e99160123a0d60b92fd.jpg
Direct level comparison. Above is the usual Harem, below Harem++

3.jpg.47d6bbfe4b9462623f302b3d4ea4eb17.jpg

I noticed this when I was trying to advance in the daily goal to level up the girls. It was necessary to increase the level by 50. I raised her level from 1 to 51, and in the task it rose to 37 (I didn’t remember the exact figure, but this is not the point)

Therefore, you should use the specified script with caution, errors may occur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

That's odd. Required XP for girls hasn't changed since I started this game, so there are no reasons this script does wrong computations now rather than a few months ago. 

Was the harem updated when you gave xp? Maybe this girl wasn't actually lvl 1 at the beginning? 

4 hours ago, Tom208 said:

Was the harem updated when you gave xp? Maybe this girl wasn't actually lvl 1 at the beginning? 

Maybe she wasn't actually the first level, but in Harem++ she was shown as the first level. Apparently the script stopped taking real information. Because this isn't the first time I've run into a similar problem. Yes, and when I gave out equipment to the girls last Monday, there were also some kind of trouble there, I had to re-distribute them later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Master-17 said:

Maybe she wasn't actually the first level, but in Harem++ she was shown as the first level. Apparently the script stopped taking real information.

The few times I tested the script, things like this happened quite often: It shows information from its cache, and fetching the actual current information (in the background or when hitting the button) can fail. So when using multiple clients or switching between Harem++ and real Harem, by times you see incorrect information, or something impossible is attempted, like levelling a girl with books which do not exist anymore and such. This is the main reason I never really used the script, despite the fact that it adds impressive overview for girls' gear. I only missed the resonance match batches from HH++ 🙂.

But no criticism for the script: This is the natural trade-off when speeding up the Harem with a cache instead of fetching all live data, which takes much time and is the reason for the annoying carrot. It is just a pain that KK never cares about this major GUI problem, but instead adds more and more girls' features which forces players to stare more and more at the carrot. I am so thankful that HH++ at least adds the girls' quick navigation, so that one can often skip navigating back to the Harem overview.

• Like 2