[ July 1st, 2023 ] CE - Lanterns and Lust

Ravi-Sama

#lanternsandlust -> 10 CP  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which girls do you like? (multiple choice)

• Shrine Maiden Kimie
    • Candy Willow
    • Headchief Kioko
    • Lantern Albane
    • Kamen Kira
    • Mikoshi Rumiko
    • None... (you are banished from the Leaf Village and/or Soul Society).
  2. 2. Which of the source material are you familiar with? (multiple choice)

image.jpegimage.png

Wiki Link

Shrine Maiden Kimie  (DM) - parody of Talim from Soulcalibur II
Candy Willow 🔴 (Edwarda) - parody of Ino Yamanaka from Naruto
Headchief Kioko 🔵 (Donatien) - parody of Tsunade from Naruto
Kamen Kira  (EP/EvP) - parody of Kukaku Shiba from Bleach
Mikoshi Rumiko 🟠 (EP/EvP) - parody of Kasumi from Dead or Alive
Lantern Albane 🟡 (Champion Whaty) - parody of Orihime Inoue from Bleach

image.jpegimage.png

Reminder to collect the monthly period deal of 180 kos and 3 EPx1s.

(Calendar is clickable).

• Thanks 7

• Ravi-Sama pinned and featured this topic

Thanks as usual, Ravi.

A little mistake I think: the girl on Whaty isn't the very good Rumiko variant as you listed, but the poorly-drawn "Albane" variant (omg I hadn't even realized this was supposed to Albane, it's so bad).

Ravi edit: fixed.

Div edit: thanks for the quick fix (and the hug), bro! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you as a mod even more than I already did when you were "just" a top forum regular. ❤️ 

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

the reminder was good. XD I did not remembered it. :p

I got mikoshi right on first time on the pachinko.

I'm aiming for now for Headchief Kioko, which at first made me think of another dead or alive character...which she is not. Love that kimono.
Candy willow throws me off with the dick candy.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks as usual, Ravi.

A little mistake I think: the girl on Whaty isn't the very good Rumiko variant as you listed, but the poorly-drawn "Albane" variant (omg I hadn't even realized this was supposed to Albane, it's so bad).

I also felt she , and still feel, she was not very well handled in drawing. Or maybe she's supposed to emanate simplicity, so she is not as "produced" like the other girls

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shirow said:

I also felt she , and still feel, she was not very well handled in drawing. Or maybe she's supposed to emanate simplicity, so she is not as "produced" like the other girls

Nah, it's just that she drew the shortest straw and got assigned to one of the least experienced and/or talented artists from their current main roster. It's this artist's typical style and quality level, which is significantly below average compared to most of the team, let alone the top 4-5 among them. They're too "generic comedy manga style" for their own good, especially for faces.

Spoiler

I don't have a nickname or even a complete grasp on the extent of their work and capabilities, but there's at least one more and more frequent contributor to the art that I've noticed positively lately, who might be a contender for Toon Dude's #3 spot; hint: they've handled both Kimmier and Rumiko in this CE, among other recent 3-stars. And yet another one shows very cool chops, some undeniable personality, and a great potential as well, though I haven't identified enough of their works yet (they don't have a contribution here, but while I was revisiting all the May girls for the recent art survey, I've rediscovered their amazing work on Miko from a few PoVs ago). It's hard to keep track of all the artists coming and going, the roster is much more stable and also varied now than it was a couple years ago when it was basically a revolving door besides Ben, but there still seems to be a fair bit of turnover. There were a few artists over the years who came and went that I really wish had stuck around, perhaps most notably the one who gave us Camile and Ornella. Anyway... ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I swear, everytime a girl is on champions, its as good as ZERO to get her... unless luck enough on pachinko.
I only, always get 34 shards, and then never anything again. 
I say its a  conspiracy plot!!!!

Oh, i got both girls from fighting donatien and....... was it grunt?

• Hug 1
  • GG 1

4 hours ago, Shirow said:

I swear, everytime a girl is on champions, its as good as ZERO to get her...

I would say it is about 70% to get shards, at least all past CE and OD events I got a shard drop on nearly all stage 1-4 challenges. This time I got 2 shard drops in 5 stage 1-4 challenges, so less indeed, but hard to derive a chance from a single event, of course.

Ravi edit: it's a 50% chance to get event girl shards from a champion.

4 hours ago, Shirow said:

Dito, despite MD. MD girl was on Grunt, CE girls on Edwarta and Donatien.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3

THANK GOD!!!  got 35💖 instead of broken garbage gear!  Amen!

2nd run on Whaty, for score keepers.  If it weren't for 2 solid days' headaches, i'd have been more active.  also had browser & vid card crashes...

Edited by Karxan
scorekeeping
  • GG 3

Is anyone seriously going for the Pachinko-only CE girls, if the EP pool is not empty? The 300 gems would be nice, but EvP is a waste of kobans, EvP orbs have no regular source (I had 3, 2 from new hero level rewards, no idea where the 3rd was from, 0 girl drops.) and EP outside of DD is a waste + close to zero chance to get event girls with full EP pool.

You should clear epic pachinko pool first, preferably in DD event, before you go for the classic event girls there, but with 1500 girls in the game nowadays, it is an impossible mission for new players, except perhaps for big whales.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Horsting said:

Is anyone seriously going for the Pachinko-only CE girls, if the EP pool is not empty? The 300 gems would be nice, but EvP is a waste of kobans, EvP orbs have no regular source (I had 3, 2 from new hero level rewards, no idea where the 3rd was from, 0 girl drops.) and EP outside of DD is a waste + close to zero chance to get event girls with full EP pool.

I have 2x EvP orbs & 3 girls in it.  I could spend kobans on CP to get Candy Willow, dropping the girls in the Event Pachinko down to 2.  My Epic Pachinko has 9 girls in it w/ the CE girls included.  That'd drop them to just 8, and I have 185 EPx1s.  I'd need a 4.3% drop rate to get them all, and then I'd run out of orbs right before the anniversary.  I don't like those odds, and I'd rather save them for a DD event.  Even though I like all of the CE girls, they'll get added to the MP pool eventually.  I'll probably go for Candy Willow anyway.

2023-07-09_13-37-45.png

2023-07-09_13-37-38.png

2023-07-09_13-37-29.png

Not the same situation, as a full EP pool, but if I'm not willing to do it, even though mine is almost empty, you can infer what I'd do if it were full. 

It's not impossible to clear the EP though, even if you're new, since there's just 224 girls in it, and the DD events make it much easier.  Just save EPx1s for it.  Can get 20 girls from it each time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

It's not impossible to clear the EP though, even if you're new, since there's just 222 girls in it

Only 222 in HH? Then I retire my former statement, it is a relief knowing that new players can clear it eventually.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jelom said:

Only 222 in HH? Then I retire my former statement, it is a relief knowing that new players can clear it eventually.

I used to be stuck with 10 girls in the epic pachinco for like a year, every time i got a girl or two, a couple more was released.
It was only after pops and other sources of epic orbs that I was able to clear it

• Like 1

The strategy I used to clear EP pool was to ignore CE and OD so my orbs were only spent on permanent EP girls. That was before DD introduced. DD is obviously a good time to use your orbs. Otherwise, I recommend ignoring CE and OD for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The best in case for EpP Pool is that there is only a new girl regulary per month now, so the Pool doesn't grow much and if you allways go for the new OD Girl (Villain!) first (and with natural regen even for f2p player the girl is doable while OD last with a very high chance) the Pool wont get bigger. With some DD's and if you try to get permanent EpP girls from MyP priorized too, clearing EpP Pool is not fast and easy, but dodable in a acceptable time - like ravi mentioned.

5 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

It's not impossible to clear the EP though, even if you're new, since there's just 222 girls in it

If the wiki is correct, there are 224 girls in the pool. 22 full lines of 10 and 4 in the last line.

image.png.32424f87ce896e02dd03372e1d810f53.png

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

if you allways go for the new OD Girl (Villain!) first (and with natural regen even for f2p player the girl is doable while OD last with a very high chance)

If one has the respective villain unlocked already. I sadly could not get Samba Chloe last OD. If I remember right, it was the same for me in May (my first OD). But otherwise it makes very much sense to get them while they can be obtained so easily from villains, to prevent the EP pool from getting further filled.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, Shirow said:

I swear, everytime a girl is on champions, its as good as ZERO to get her... unless luck enough on pachinko.
I only, always get 34 shards, and then never anything again. 
I say its a  conspiracy plot!!!!

Too me is this base, i do the 9 challenges (1 for day) and got Lantern Albane 2 times only (70 shards)

Edited by Marc121212
  • Like 1

I'm done with this event. I got the 2 villain girls and used Epx1 orbs on the rest. I prepared to use dozens of orbs for this event to take advantage of Pachinko PoV. I got great drop rate instead. Not complaining, I guess I will have fun during next OD.

• Mikoshi Rumiko: 1 orb
  • Lantern Albane: 3 orbs
  • Kamen Kira: 15 orbs

image.png.99fb38b139eabfc542d92352f8a6cde6.png

• GG 3

7 hours ago, Marc121212 said:

Too me is this base, i do the 9 challenges (1 for day) and got Lantern Albane 2 times only (70 shards)

yeah, the drop rate is Lousy, it is extremely rare to get these girLs this way; the SiLver Lining is, it's OnLy a matter of time before they return in the CbCs!  Karxan Edit:  I Stand Corrected!  Ravi set me straight, "CE girls return in the MP pool."

That said i onLy got 1 drop (35 shards) but i get to welcome Kioko as #320!

image.thumb.png.6013627a3679f0904476ed3bcc77cba2.png

Edited by Karxan
  • Like 2
  • GG 1

I had to let the 2 Pachinko Girls slide as I've been prepping to go after the Anniversary only girls coming up which will be mixed in with random girls from other months events. hoping I've saved up enough of them. Will get these 2 in MP when added or next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horsting said:

If one has the respective villain unlocked already.

True. It's mostly a problem of the first months of playing. In most cases the new girl is at a relativ early world. But, how most of the things in the game, all strategys are thought for a longer time.

image.png.2b05740764f5f4c711826ed7bbd580df.png

Could clear the event. Got Willow with a x100 drop after I could get 44 shards of her. Could get only 70 shards from Whatty so I had to gain Albane from Orbs. Kioko dropped at the first day of the event from a 1 EpPx1 spin (for Daily goals). I needed in total 68 EpPx1 Orbs to gain all girls.

• GG 4

I got the 2 villain girls Candy Willow & Headchief Kioko, the champion Whaty girl Lantern Albane, and of course the daily mission girl Shrine Maiden Kimie.

Then, used 2 stored EvP orbs to try for the 2 pachinko girls, to no avail.  I have 185 EPx1s, 1 EPx10, & 1 draft orb, but I'll save them for the DD or Anniversary.  The choice is either ~50 EPx1s for the two girls plus 300 Omni-Gems, or the same orbs for 4 girls during the DD.  My EP pool still has 6 extra girls in it, so it's not worth trying imo.

I generally liked all of the girls in this CE, b/c of their parodies.

• Shrine Maiden Kimie  (DM) - ✔️
  • Candy Willow 🔴 (Edwarda) - ✔️ Bought 120 CP (1296 kos) to get the last 57 shards for C Willow.  It took 20 drops from 228 CP, at an 8.77% drop rate.
  • Headchief Kioko 🔵 (Donatien) - ✔️ H Kioko is my fave, I went after her first, since she's Tsunade's parody.  Zoo's Villain Drops Recorder only took note of 15 drops from 158 CP, for 74 affection, at a 9.49% drop rate.  Since I recruited her, there must've been a 100% drop at the end.
  • Kamen Kira  (EP/EvP) 
  • Mikoshi Rumiko 🟠 (EP/EvP) 
  • Lantern Albane 🟡 (Champion Whaty) - ✔️ I must've beaten him at least 4 times to get her, since I had to pass his 5th stage.  I spent kobans to use multiple tickets each time, since he's easy to beat.

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Karxan said:

the SiLver Lining is, it's OnLy a matter of time before they return in the CbCs!

Nah, these CE girls return in the MP pool.  The CbC girls are all from the past PoAs and Seasons.

• Thanks 1
  • GG 4

Cleared too, as expected. Got the Albane variant from Whaty this time (they seem to be using him a lot lately and that's great since he's so weak compared to most, except Romero ofc, and also available for even newer players), the two on villains from PvE fights (obv given how many extra I did for SE), and then about 70 EPx1s for the remaining two (plus the mission girl from missions, duh). Chest claimed. Nice event overall.

• GG 4

9 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Cleared too, as expected. Got the Albane variant from Whaty this time (they seem to be using him a lot lately and that's great since he's so weak compared to most, except Romero ofc, and also available for even newer players), the two on villains from PvE fights (obv given how many extra I did for SE), and then about 70 EPx1s for the remaining two (plus the mission girl from missions, duh). Chest claimed. Nice event overall.

The easiest champions to have to work on are Romero, Whaty, and Ryu.

Matsuda and Visor are much harder because their girl classes match their champion classes, meaning they frequently get poses matching their favorite and that can knock you out really fast.
And Alban is the top champion, so he's just very hard all by himself.

• Like 1
  • Juicy peach 1

Ryu isn't as easy as the first two for newer players, although he's the third weakest for veterans for sure. But yeah, Matsuda and especially Visor are the trickiest, followed by Alban. Romero and Whaty are basically tutorials compared to the other four.

• Like 2