[ July 29th, 2023 ] MDR #26 - Magical Noemy ​🟡​

Ravi-Sama

image.png

Magical Noemy 🟡

On 7/23/2023 at 12:51 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

Magical Noemy's MDR was moved from the 23rd to the 29th.  At least it still overlaps the SER #2's final day.

I assume it was b/c of the extra 3 days of the KV and DD, but I wasn't given an actual reason yet, so that's just my own speculation.

Just FYI, so you can plan ahead.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
Edited dates.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• Ravi-Sama featured and pinned this topic
22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for the heads-up, bro. I didn't visit Discord for the past few days so I had no idea it had been moved that much (I expected it to start tomorrow).

It should be 29th-31st, right? It lasts two days.

Yeah, I expect it to last 2 days like usual.  I'm always confused about mentioning a set of dates.  Maybe I should've written 29th & 30th.  Reading "29th-31st," makes me assume it'd be 3 days (29th, 30th, & 31st).

8 hours ago, 430i said:

Any news about the NYE revival? Is it postponed as well or cancelled altogether? The event is still in the game, but who knows...

No idea, we'll see.  I hope so, since she's the one I've been looking forward to, and I have Magical Noemy already.  The 26th is when NYE was expected, based on the calendar, but other things might've shifted.  I have enough sensual/eccentric gems (9.4k+) for NYE & Alexa, so I switched to farming Dom gems for Matcha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Reading "29th-31st," makes me assume it'd be 3 days (29th, 30th, & 31st).

In almost all time zones, a 1 day event naturally spans two calendar dates. To to me "29. - 31.", i.e. from reset on 29th til reset on 31th looks most correct to me. This also matches the way (format) shown in the calendar topic.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Horsting said:

In almost all time zones, a 1 day event naturally spans two calendar dates. To to me "29. - 31.", i.e. from reset on 29th til reset on 31th looks most correct to me. This also matches the way (format) shown in the calendar topic.

I prefer to think of it as days in which there was a new server reset, since that's what really matters.  One reset on the 29th, & one on the 30th, for a total of 2 game days.  The 31st isn't really involved.  Sure there's some overlap onto it, but not a full day.  It's a 48 hr event.  If I have to edit a date in the future, like I did here, I'll write it like "29th & 30th."  That way, there's less confusion.  I don't really think it was an issue to begin with.  All MDRs are 2 days.  The important info is it starts on the 29th atm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

The 31st isn't really involved.

In some time zones (MET as well), the last day is more involved than first, based on the amount of hours the event happens on those days. E.g. here reset is 13:00, so 11 hours on first day and 13 hours on last. And in some time zones, also the usual player active time will be the calendar day after the formal start of the event 😉. However

13 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I don't really think it was an issue to begin with.

Agreed, should be clear in any case.

• Like 3

For me (and the server's time zone) event dates typically read as "from the 13:00 daily reset on the Xth to the 13:00 daily reset on the Yst" (except for contest-style events like CbC or LC which start half an hour later, and are technically half an hour shorter than the others). Events are aligned with "game days", from one daily reset to the next as you said Ravi, so one game day is always two partial regular days. Except maybe for someone living in the time zone where the daily reset happens exactly at midnight in local time.

"29-31" = "it starts with the daily reset on the 29th and it ends with the daily reset on the 31st" = it lasts two game days.

"29-30" (or honestly "29 & 30", doesn't feel that different to me) = "it starts with the daily reset on the 29th and ends with the daily reset on the 30th" = it lasts a single game day.

Horsting is right that this is how events have always been noted on Kinkoid calendars. The lines indicating one event always go from roughly the middle of one calendar day to roughly the middle of another calendar day (which is just about right for CET, the server's time zone).

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal. Since you're in the NYC time zone, you live 6 hours "in the past" compared to us (the server and I ^^), so resets take place at 7AM for you. I guess it makes more sense from your time zone to see one "game day" as roughly equal to one "work day". It starts more or less when you wake up. But here it starts right in the middle of lunch time, which makes it stand out compared to just the calendar date.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 3

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ July 29th, 2023 ] MDR #24 - Magical Noemy ​🟡​
2 minutes ago, DuDeLoK said:

MDR Noemi not canceled/replaced with NYE? would be nice if she starts at 29th

Err... I'm not sure why you're still wondering and using conditional tense, here. The information you're looking for has been confirmed and posted in this very thread already. ^^

So no, Estelle's MDR doesn't replace Noemy's. And yes, Noemy's MDR will take place from the 29th to the 31st.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that she's a bit less popular than Estelle...

I mean, the availale shards are reaching zero amount in few minutes, but at least it's a bit more sane than two days ago... So I can be more relaxed in pursuiting her.

I'm also going for Horny on CxH, so I'm glad that the shards are disappearing in a reasonable pace.

• Like 2

Yeah. It was to be expected, except for the 15h CET reset where all shards were gone in 2 minutes. Was afraid that it would be the same at 17h CET because 1000 shards were gone in 30 seconds but all shards were gone 7~8 minutes after that. Probably players going with x50 fights on reset that made the shards disappear this fast.

I'm actually at 39 drops (78 shards) from 514 fights with 2.5 SP (1 with 7 stacks left from NYE), only going 1 fight at a time.

Edit:

Here is my final drop rate for Noemy, my 20th mythic (3rd playful) girl.
Spent ~10k Kobans including the big card in the SER as I'm going for Bunny's Mom.

497 Ymens 71,41%
62 Gems 8,91%
56 Mythic orbs 8,05%
50 Shard drops 7,18%
31 Tickets 4,45%
696 Total 100,00%

Edited by mdnoria
Added final droprate
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's nice but I wish I had anticipated it and held back on the x50s.  

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm not likely to have enough resources left to complete Noemy's MDR (I'm at 57% and basically 0 kobans right now; well 40 technically). But it was a rough month for me in the game due to my extra spending on Selena and all the extra stuff. Plus I was hardly available to play most of the first game day of Noemy's revival, and I dumbly burned kobans on x50s expecting it to be as fast as Estelle's (which it doesn't seem to be). Anyway, worst-case scenario I'll complete her relatively easily next year. ^^

• Hug 2

Well to each their own as always. ^^

On 7/29/2023 at 3:05 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Catch you next time, Duck Face! ^^

image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
final update

Her avatar became a bit of a meme for us mods in particular, although her series is still great in general.

• Hug 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ July 29th, 2023 ] MDR #26 - Magical Noemy ​🟡​
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic