New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

After doing 1 run at normal difficulty and 2 runs at hard difficulty in the test server this is my first assesment:

-Normal difficulty (140 girls)

Opponents are a bit harder (10-20%) in all levels, and of course in the 4th floor the hard ones usually take one team down so you need a new one to finish them. If you have luck with relics you can reach the final boss with enough girls to beat him after a few defeats. 

- Hard Difficulty (280 girls)

From the start opponents are a lot harder (40-50% more than easy level), and hard opponents in first floor are as strong as a boss in easy mode and will take away a team in the first try. Things get worse in lower floors, and soon each step takes at least a new team.

In the first run I went the hard way selecting the harder opponents, so my army was soon depleted and I ended two steps away from the final boss in the 5th floor. My girls were crying for some healing medication but the relic didn't appear until mid 5th floor were it has almost no effect in battles. I used one rejuvenation stone, and I could beat the final boss that had  double my strength after sacrificing 8 of my stronger teams.

In the second run I tried to avoid the harder opponents, again the medication was very late (4th floor) to have any impact, anyway I could reach the 5th floor boss with around 50 intact girls (I reserved the elite ones). But when I tried to defeat the final boss my teams were shreded to pieces one after another until I had no more girls to fight and the boss had lost only one and a half girl.

edit: a new run in normal difficulty

Finished without problems, defeat medication in the third floor helped keeping healing some girls during the battles. The final boss only defeated three teams, but in the end succumbed.

A new addition to the labyrinth is a kind of leaderboard, where you can filter by easy, normal and hard, it shows runs completed. My guess for the column headers shown as undefined is:

- runs completed

- girls health lost

- rejuvenation stones used

So I think the sorting is first by number of runs completed, then for rejuvenation stones used and finally by less girl health lost.

image.thumb.png.ca2316276c78b08ba69ba50c3b91fd47.png

for example for hard runs the last column is 1 for both players, so I think is because they used a stone, and they lost 149 and 262 girls respectively after the stone.

image.thumb.png.206a32241dbd038d4b7fc2bf5812a075.png

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 5

Thanks a lot for all the info, folks.

1. To be clear, are the extra difficulties just additional floors, or are they their own separate runs from Floor 1 (but with one more floor than the lower difficulty)?

2. And do we get to choose or can we play one run of each difficulty?

(My test account doesn't meet the requirements for either so I can't really tell).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OmerB said:

I would assume that the back line would be safer thanthe middle line... 🤔

Yeah, but that's not really the case. And it goes both ways, too. It doesn't happen often, but typically when I lose a fight to a Boss, they wipe my whole team and I have to come back with a fresh one, but their own team will be missing both back line girls and maybe a couple of girl from the front and/or mid lines. If they only lost two girls, it will almost always be the two in the back line.

Back line can't be targeted by regular attacks, but there are plenty of special attacks or skills or whatever that target it specifically, hitting the team from behind. Mid line can't be targeted by attacks until the front line has fallen, and can't be targeted by special skills until the back line has fallen. So it's the safest as long as the other two lines can tank a bit.

• Like 1

You choose one and cannot change later until labyrinth reset (KK said it will change later):

-Easy 3 floors 70 girls. Easy, you know the routine.

- Normal: 4 floors 140 girls. harder opponents are very strong, but medium ones don't give you problems. bosses stronger, specially in 3rd and 4th floor, you will lose one team in 2nd boss, 2-3 in 3rd boss and 4-5 teams in the 4th boss. don't attack with your best team until their teams are weakened and lose 2-3 girls. Most players should be able to complete this difficulty.

- Hard: 5 floors and 280 girls. Hard oponents can surprise you from the first floor, be careful. Try to conserve girls for the final floors. Bosses in 4th and 5th floor will take away more than 100 girls by themselves. Almost impossible to do it without a rejuvenation stone.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Rewards without any bonus (= no monthly card):

Floor 1:
Bag : 28
Boss : 280

Floor 2:
Bag : 56
Boss : 560

Floor 3:
Bag : 84
Boss : 840

Floor 4:

Floor 5:
Edited by Tom208
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, jelom said:

- Normal: 4 floors 140 girls. harder opponents are very strong, but medium ones don't give you problems. bosses stronger, specially in 3rd and 4th floor, you will lose one team in 2nd boss, 2-3 in 3rd boss and 4-5 teams in the 4th boss. don't attack with your best team until their teams are weakened and lose 2-3 girls. Most players should be able to complete this difficulty.

I have 96 girls at level 750, I need to put some more xp into my girls :o

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

It doesn't happen often, but typically when I lose a fight to a Boss, they wipe my whole team and I have to come back with a fresh one, but their own team will be missing both back line girls and maybe a couple of girl from the front and/or mid lines. If they only lost two girls, it will almost always be the two in the back line.

I haven't paid much attention to the details, but if I get wiped and have to go up against a boss again, it always seemed like the back positions were emptied first. My assumption was that I actually knocked out the front girls in the previous fight, and that mid and back girls move up towards the front to fill empty spaces.

Edited by bohammettuz
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • GG 1

Today I lost 3 full teams in the 1st floor on the live server (on easy, 2 full teams before the 1st floor boss). I suspect some things have been merged/pushed to prod that are not documented.

I finished my run with 17 girls alive.

Edited by mdnoria
  • Thinking 1

50 minutes ago, mdnoria said:

Today I lost 3 full teams in the 1st floor on the live server (on easy, 2 full teams before the 1st floor boss). I suspect some things have been merged/pushed to prod that are not documented.

I finished my run with 17 girls alive.

KK went over the data, and said they could find no changes, and same player performance aswell.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jelom said:

You choose one and cannot change later until labyrinth reset (KK said it will change later):

-Easy 3 floors 70 girls. Easy, you know the routine.

- Hard: 5 floors and 280 girls. Hard oponents can surprise you from the first floor, be careful. Try to conserve girls for the final floors. Bosses in 4th and 5th floor will take away more than 100 girls by themselves. Almost impossible to do it without a rejuvenation stone.

There a choice to be made. Am I willing to spend that many extra hours grinding in a game that pays little to no attention to user friendlyness?

Next question will be: Wich one... 'cuz I'm not gonna add it times 3.
Next... do I think it will be better any soon ? NOPE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stoned Jesus said:

There a choice to be made. Am I willing to spend that many extra hours grinding in a game that pays little to no attention to user friendlyness?

Next question will be: Wich one... 'cuz I'm not gonna add it times 3.

My suggestion is: if you can beat the easy mode without problems you can try normal mode. Hard mode is too difficult to complete without rejuvenation.

About the time: - Easy takes 15 minutes to do the labyrinth run and 5 minutes more to spend fists and kisses.

- Normal takes 25 minutes to complete because you have to move more the girls in the team, and 5-10 minutes to spend the rewards.

- Hard takes nearly one hour to complete ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, jelom said:

My suggestion is: if you can beat the easy mode without problems you can try normal mode. Hard mode is too difficult to complete without rejuvenation.

About the time: - Easy takes 15 minutes to do the labyrinth run and 5 minutes more to spend fists and kisses.

- Normal takes 25 minutes to complete because you have to move more the girls in the team, and 5-10 minutes to spend the rewards.

- Hard takes nearly one hour to complete ...

My problem isn't  how to beat the Labyrinth, it's the time it takes to do it.

I'll try rephrasing it and add a bit for clarity

For me playing semi-active is not an option and as this game already demand to much time just to play it full mode. This is the grass that broke the camel straw. It's not really a comment about new stuff. It's about the effect it has.

Note that this forum is intolerant against OT but this was my reaction upon reading.

btw, leaving out if it is done here and more general opinion of mine... overmoding a forum also adds time needed to spend for user, more relaxed attitude against those that aren't up to date is , IMO, preffered. It adds work for mods, but they've have donated that time, haven't they?

Edited by Stoned Jesus
  • Like 2
  • Hug 1

I understand you, every new feature adds time needed to manage it, and the day has only 24 hours.

I like the labyrinth, but every floor almost double the time required for the previous.

Your comment is On Topic, time required is a characteristic of the labyrinth (or more broadly, the game) that you are discussing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jelom said:

I understand you, every new feature adds time needed to manage it, and the day has only 24 hours.

I like the labyrinth, but every floor almost double the time required for the previous.

Your comment is On Topic, time required is a characteristic of the labyrinth (or more broadly, the game) that you are discussing.

Yeah, agree. I actually like the Lab, nice feature. It might even be the best one yet, that or league.
If KK focused on reducing grinding needed and user-friendly interfaces the diffrerence in time spent depending on lvl choosen becomes, IMO, a good thing... instead of a potential gamebreaker.

But...what are the chances of KK doing that? Methinks that, instead they will start working on next feature that will add even more time needed.
I know that game-owners do this to get ppl to use the shortcuts etc but here those works so bad that, if you play competitive you cant use most of them, so you don't get much for your money.

I mean, how much time do you save by buying a low-level month-card. Silver... is there any useable timesavers, the collect all you either use or don't... no one with more than 1k girls collects manually, do they? Gold lvl multiple villains ... even platinum, that I occasionally buy to refill my book stash, doesn't help me that much. The time-saving I pay kobans to use (PoP) demands diamond level... to get that without paying kobans I have to pay 70 € per month.

Add to that a lot of players play more than 1 variant (multiply time and money)... and I don't think KK get this and do what needs to be done. Comix will die, like their clickergame... then PSH...

Edit forgot to mention that the time-issue also detracts from the enjoyable parts of the game, as you tend to steal from the non essential stuff first and when that is where you get joy from, motivation drops. Less % of time spent on joy and more on semi-mandatory grinding is,IMO, bad for everyone.

edit 2 I also like to remind people of how they introduced Notifications... how much time did we the players waste on waiting for that buginfestedcrap to get fixed. IT WAS JUST A VISUAL THING,but they had to introduce it on time cuz... me thinks it was stupid as that notification was introduced to promote the upcoming new contest.. the legendary one... so notification had to be in place first, bugged or not..."damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"-style... it's still bugged. Ok now, but still bugged... and not very useful... ok, these contest are active today, over and over again. I was about to quit then and now I regret that I didn't 'cuz as I suspected, KK either don't care or thinks interface and respect for players time is very important or they're more incompetent than I imagined. I'm putting my bet on the second one... it's not that important.

edit 3 edited the month-card part

Edited by Stoned Jesus
  • Hug 1

20 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I have 96 girls at level 750, I need to put some more xp into my girls :o

58 here. Good point that this basically rules out that the hard difficulty suites me. At least unless all the relic and stats bugs are solved.

18 hours ago, bohammettuz said:

I haven't paid much attention to the details, but if I get wiped and have to go up against a boss again, it always seemed like the back positions were emptied first. My assumption was that I actually knocked out the front girls in the previous fight, and that mid and back girls move up towards the front to fill empty spaces.

This is definitely the case. I never watched a backline girl being brought down to 0 ego in any of my runs, neither mine, nor opponent ones. In the easier fights, GS5 skills are rarely used, in the harder fights, the skill damage at this stage of the battle is not sufficient enough to bring them down before front and mid line fall.

1 hour ago, Stoned Jesus said:

I mean, how much time do you save by buying a low-level month-card. Silver... is there any useable timesavers, the collect all you either use or don't... no one with more than 1k girls collects manually, do they? Gold lvl multiple villains ...

Gold card villain x10/x50 during MD/MDR/LD, platinum card champ x10, and diamond card CC x10 are the only relevant time savers, but they are real. If season x10 was not such a crappy algorithm, doing the worst possible choices instead of the best, then it would be quite a time saver as well after reward track events end and during KC. I have a gold card now, but the low quality of the game forbids to pay for platinum or diamond card IMO. If Labyrinth and league were free of bugs, GUI better and art on a consistently high level, I might even consider (platinum max, diamond is above my budged), but I do not want to overpay KK for crap.

However, even with all those time savers, the game has become much too time consuming. Dumb click work is the one thing, but the other thing is the time it takes to plan participating the events, when to do what, to benefit most from certain rewards, in contests etc, choosing the weekly B.D.S.M. team(s) with all the parameters that have been added recently, which girls to skill, which GG to level etc. And with the Labyrinth difficulties, more time for strategies and tactical decisions is required to get the best out of it, which no time saver can prevent you from. Like you, I am not really able to play semi-active.

At the same time all the bugs dropped my motivation to an all-time depth. Seeing the Laby difficulties around the corner, while still NOT A SINGLE Labyrinth bug has been fixed, I see this being a horror show, where the whole strategy is about cycling around the bugged relics, picking the ones we have proven positively function here, if you are lucky they appear, and for some hope that they have a (positive) effect. I usually like to dive deep into mechanics and figuring out how to manage things best, but I have zero fun when it is only about avoiding to tap into bugs, when I have zero trust that anything works as expected for good reasons (unless proven here), and none of the shiny numbers shown on the screen do anything close to what they are stating. I'm exaggerating a bit, as around 40% of the relics do what they are supposed to do, you know what I mean ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Tom208 said:

Rewards without any bonus (= no monthly card):

Floor 1:
Bag : 28
Boss : 280

Floor 2:
Bag : 56
Boss : 560

Floor 3:

Floor 4:

Floor 5:

Wait, so the upper floor do not give any more coins? The only difference is that additional floors are unlocked and all opponents get harder, even at the lower floors?

Seems like it, even if Tom's screenshot showed the normal button with "+50% laby coins" so I don't know what to think of it.

Maybe the rewards are not yet adjusted and they just duplicated the 3rd floor and they will set the rewards later (I doubt it).

Edited by mdnoria