Feedback thread for Patch - 07/02/2018

Blain

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Good for you. Congratz!

Forgive me if I'm talking rubbisch but if she just dropped and you spent every battlepoint on Donatien which would mean that since wednesday 5.00 GMT you have spent roughly between 200-220 battlepoints to drop Kelina. Could this help in gaining a little insight in droprate?

Is she the first to drop?

I got Finalmecia to drop Zoe, I unlocked the world day of patch, the first 2 fights were the world item I'm gonna need for quests, then about 500 to 550 fights to get the drop,

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Good for you. Congratz!

Forgive me if I'm talking rubbisch but if she just dropped and you spent every battlepoint on Donatien which would mean that since wednesday 5.00 GMT you have spent roughly between 200-220 battlepoints to drop Kelina. Could this help in gaining a little insight in droprate?

Is she the first to drop?

It does provide some insight, but also I don't know how many battles were reassigned from global bosses to individual bosses, and therefore how much Donatien was sitting on post-patch.

Kelina is the first to drop since the patch. However, days prior to the patch I had gotten the two Event girls, AND the day before the patch had gotten Pelagie.

Personally I think the NEXT girl to drop will provide better data.

And just now I gained Samane, but she's an Adventure Girl, not a drop girl.

FWIW, I've cleared Dark Lord, got one each left to get from Ninja Spy, Grunt, and Donatien. On the Juy Sea (juicy) I've got two more to get from Edwarda Penis-hands (Edward Scissorhands). So a total at this point (last quest for Admittance of The Dead) of 5 Boss Girls to get. I've 3154 Kobans banked, and *might* real cash enough to do a 10x Epic Pachinko in hopes I might get one of the Lovings before the event ends. 

Oh, and after tonight I'll have earned Loving Arcana. (not sure why we have to wait 24 hours for them to drop instead of as soon as you get enough days under the bridge…)

42 minutes ago, Varnart said:

since the combat regen is so low now did they say anything about it resetting at a 10th level now, like your energy? I mean it should

I think it's fine as it is now, the slower regeneration is the compensation for the higher energy cap.

It used to be 1 battle every 20 minutes with an energy cap of 10 battles, now it's 1 battle every 30 minutes with an energy cap of 20 battles

53 minutes ago, Fapfox said:

I think it's fine as it is now, the slower regeneration is the compensation for the higher energy cap.

It used to be 1 battle every 20 minutes with an energy cap of 10 battles, now it's 1 battle every 30 minutes with an energy cap of 20 battles

Except it's worse.  Before it was 3 battles an hour.  Now it's 2 battles an hour.  This is not hard math to follow.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Varnart said:

since the combat regen is so low now did they say anything about it resetting at a 10th level now, like your energy? I mean it should

Energy probably still does, unfortunately I am not able to say for 100% sure cause my energy has been full when I became level 180 before the patch, and the new scroll was also going to be available together with the patch. I probably can say for sure when I reach level 190. I am level 185 now, I guess later tonight level 186 when the daily missions appear. But I think that did not change...

2 hours ago, Fapfox said:

Yeah, it used to be... It also used to be that someone, who doesn't sleep, could do a max of 72 battles.  Now, with the change, that max is 48.  Loosing 24 battles per day because of that combat energy reload tripling in time...  So, what is really fine about that?  Most do not get to do 48, atleast, not me.. I am if I invest, able to do just 30-35 boss battles.   Again, please can you explain what is really fine as it is now?  The reload time was just 3 hours and 20 minutes.  for 20 battles, 6 hours and 40 minutes..  Now it is 10 hours for 20 battles..  Once again, where is it that it is fine the way it is now??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blain said:

Has anyone noticed something off with the Exp from the Daily Missions? Seems like doing all of them doesn't give me enough Exp to level every day now. Think I've gained 3 levels instead of 5 since the patch. 

I used to level daily too, but I figured the decrease was simply due to my level getting higher. What level are you?

52 minutes ago, Encino said:

Most do not get to do 48, atleast, not me.. I am if I invest, able to do just 30-35 boss battles.   Again, please can you explain what is really fine as it is now?  The reload time was just 3 hours and 20 minutes.  for 20 battles, 6 hours and 40 minutes..  Now it is 10 hours for 20 battles..  Once again, where is it that it is fine the way it is now??

If you can get 30 battles in, that means you can play for 15 hours. 9 hours you can't play, so you get 18 new battles when you start playing again. You don't cap out your combativity, so you're not wasting any potential battles. You get all 48 battles every 24 hours, right?

Compared to the old system, if you can't play for 9 hours you would waste 17 possible battles. You would get 55 out of 72 battles every 24 hours.

Sure, 55 is more than 48, but seeing how all rewards have been adjusted to compensate for the 72 - > 48 change (though money is debatable here) that really shouldn't matter. Or am I missing something here?

9 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

I used to level daily too, but I figured the decrease was simply due to my level getting higher. What level are you?

If you can get 30 battles in, that means you can play for 15 hours. 9 hours you can't play, so you get 18 new battles when you start playing again. You don't cap out your combativity, so you're not wasting any potential battles. You get all 48 battles every 24 hours, right?

Compared to the old system, if you can't play for 9 hours you would waste 17 possible battles. You would get 55 out of 72 battles every 24 hours.

Sure, 55 is more than 48, but seeing how all rewards have been adjusted to compensate for the 72 - > 48 change (though money is debatable here) that really shouldn't matter. Or am I missing something here?

Money isn't debatable. It's been proven time and time again that you earn significantly less now than before. The only time you get close is with maxed level Finalmecia, and even then you still lose 7k per hour.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

It's about choice of playstyle. We used to be able to choose to get 6 hours of sleep and do x amount of troll battles, just like players could choose to use the combat points for troll battles OR Arena. Choice. Player agency. We felt more in control of our path. We had more options. 

Working late and can't get to sleep? Keep playing, pass out in your chair, come to 4 hours later with drool on your chin and a sore neck, do the fresh batch of combat points, then drag your hairy ass to bed. Next day at work wears you out, your head hits the pillow, and you sleep in and do only 30 battles. We had options to go longer or shorter. Now there's no choices to make anymore. Log in, click click, click, log off, see ya in 10 hours for those 20 combat points and 3 Arena battles. I miss logging in every 3 hours to get the combat points and get the harem money. Troll combat is exciting and I hope for a drop every time. I used to get my fix every 3 hours like an addict. Now it's 10 hours between fixes and it feels like forever, because I've found other games to keep me occupied now. 

As for your question to me, I'm level 180

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shadow-Six said:

Money isn't debatable. It's been proven time and time again that you earn significantly less now than before.

When I say it's debatable I did not mean the math; I am quite aware income has dropped. What I meant by that was that income from troll fights dropped because they calculated in arena winnings. It is not a result of the number of troll fights decreasing.

1 hour ago, Blain said:

It's about choice of playstyle.

Alright, that's a fair point. I also agree that having combativity for both trolls and arena gave the game a bit more depth, it gave the player a choice in how to spend their resources.

As for the rest, well, it's not a choice for everyone. Not everyone can log into the game every ~3 hours to spend their combativity. Kinkoid wanted to even out the playing field by raising that cap to 10 hours (while simultaneously dropping the arena cap to 30 minutes for some reason, go figure).

You can still choose to get your fix every 3 hours. It might feel less rewarding to get the same result logging in every 3 hours as it does 10 hours, but for the majority of players (or so Kinkoid thinks, anyway) it's an improvement.

1 hour ago, Blain said:

As for your question to me, I'm level 180

I'm 173, so it's most likely the level then. If xp rewards scaled perfectly with our level, we wouldn't need an xp curve to begin with. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

Alright, that's a fair point. I also agree that having combativity for both trolls and arena gave the game a bit more depth, it gave the player a choice in how to spend their resources.

As for the rest, well, it's not a choice for everyone. Not everyone can log into the game every ~3 hours to spend their combativity. Kinkoid wanted to even out the playing field by raising that cap to 10 hours (while simultaneously dropping the arena cap to 30 minutes for some reason, go figure).

You can still choose to get your fix every 3 hours. It might feel less rewarding to get the same result logging in every 3 hours as it does 10 hours, but for the majority of players (or so Kinkoid thinks, anyway) it's an improvement.

Everyone is not the same, tho. This new approach forces everyone to play the same way when we all play differently. And as I said, sometimes you feel like playing longer and using x + 12 combats. Other times, you feel like x - 20. Now the only option is x - whatever number.  So this sounds like catering to a select few that want it their way because they can't use the x + whatever number approach that players used. Because, you know, leaderboards and contests and stuff. Nvm the players that don't give 2 sh!ts about Arena and leaderboards and contests. (sarcasm on) Because if there's a leaderboard, then ofc the only correct way to play is to try to climb the leaderboard. Or win the contests. (sarcasm off) 

Kinkoid seems to have forgotten about the players that were attracted to the game for the girls, both collecting and then upgrading them. That's my impression, but who cares? It's not like they visit this forum and make an attempt to keep us informed here. That's reserved for their Patreons and the French. We're just a bunch of hot reactions here that they can't deal with. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fapfox said:

Yeah, but under the old system, you got those 10 fights every 3 hours 20 minutes now you get your 20 fights under 10 HOURS so 3 times slower.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blain said:

Everyone is not the same, tho. This new approach forces everyone to play the same way when we all play differently. And as I said, sometimes you feel like playing longer and using x + 12 combats. Other times, you feel like x - 20. Now the only option is x - whatever number.  So this sounds like catering to a select few that want it their way because they can't use the x + whatever number approach that players used. Because, you know, leaderboards and contests and stuff. Nvm the players that don't give 2 sh!ts about Arena and leaderboards and contests. (sarcasm on) Because if there's a leaderboard, then ofc the only correct way to play is to try to climb the leaderboard. Or win the contests. (sarcasm off) 

Kinkoid seems to have forgotten about the players that were attracted to the game for the girls, both collecting and then upgrading them. That's my impression, but who cares? It's not like they visit this forum and make an attempt to keep us informed here. That's reserved for their Patreons and the French. We're just a bunch of hot reactions here that they can't deal with. 

I haven't seen them responding on Patreon, just a preview patch and a $50 reward patch since they released the patch.

54 minutes ago, Damoncord said:

I haven't seen them responding on Patreon, just a preview patch and a $50 reward patch since they released the patch.

A preview patch on Patreon that you mentioned on Discord just 1 hour and 29 minutes ago. Kinkoid mentioning in a thread on the French HH forum about changes coming Monday, along with an overview of what they are trying to do with all these patches. They are feeding information to other outlets, but it's an information drought here. That adds importance to them informing the players here. Help prevent the spread of misinformation, as well as answering questions and clarifying issues

But, eh, whatevs. I'm getting more involved with another game to fill my free time now that HH isn't as enjoyable anymore

Edited by Blain

8 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Except it's worse.  Before it was 3 battles an hour.  Now it's 2 battles an hour.  This is not hard math to follow.

And in exchange you don't need to log in as you used to before. You can play in the morning then go about your day and then play in the evening again and still get to use all your battles.
It's good for casual players, that's what I meant. Yes, bad for very active players, but they got the arena now.

5 minutes ago, Fapfox said:

And in exchange you don't need to log in as you used to before. You can play in the morning then go about your day and then play in the evening again and still get to use all your battles.
It's good for casual players, that's what I meant. Yes, bad for very active players, but they got the arena now.

Didn't come here for the Arena, tho. Was brought here by the marketing lure of hot hentai girls and the motto "Gotta Collect 'em All", so getting girls, upgrading them, and following the story are my focus. Can't get girls in Arena, so I don't care about it. Sure there's rewards in there, but before the patch I was pulling enough bank to pay for everything. Not worth my time to chase after 4 or 5k money, white or green items, and boosters that don't boost very much and can't be sold for much money, either. Just log in every 10 hours for my 20 combat points and cya

4 hours ago, Sluimerstand said:

No no, I gave an estimate on battles I can do per day (24 hours).  Sometimes, I come back and combativity shows all full.  I then do the 20 battles on a world boss.  Then I wait like 5 hours (as it is now) and I do another 10.  Anything above that depends if I am around.  So my estimate was 30-35 battles every 24 hours.  I know that I miss doing battles, but I am not around 24/7 lols. I am not that kind of a die-hard and I go to sleep when I am tired.  Or having to do other important real life things.   With old system, I guess it was probably bit more but also it depends on a day to day thing, not sure if it was a hard 55.  maybe it's less than that.  Cause could only do 10 each 3 and half hours.  And I am sure I lost on battles too, but I never complained about it.  What some people might have done to the devs probably on their discord channel, I don't know.  But there had to be something for it to go up from 10 to 30 minutes lol.

25 minutes ago, Fapfox said:

Yes, bad for very active players, but they got the arena now.

Arena...  lol   Yeah we should be all so happy now with Arena...   Anyways, in your day routine, how many battles would you have? 

Edited by Encino