Legendary Days Discussion

1 minute ago, dirty harry said:

Please don't misunderstand.

Shidou's remark was just an observation to exemplify the point I was making about different styles of communication. Nothing more, nothing less.

I understood perfectly, don't worry about that xD

There is one thing I do not understand, in the patch notes that the drop rate was adjusted (to the days duration). If there are a maximum of 192 battles, how many people did fight 5 times more (1000 battles) did not the girl win? In theory, the ratio was greater because it was less days (that is to adjust).
It looks like some kind of bug or an exceptional case of bad luck.

Are the team of dev making a report for that isue?

Edited by saberbholt

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Not a depressing way at all.
I'm realistic that in a RNG driven system, you won't get everything.
Whereas everyone else in here seems to be driven by emotion and first instinct.
And see where it leads you; straight into the saltmine where everybody is frustrated.
You got to learn to relax over this, because it's just a game.
I want the girls just as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to make a big fuzz about it if I happen to not get one.
You have your favourites, and you will do whatever it takes to get her, but don't go bananas because you failed to get her.
Heck, I was salty when I didn't get Virginia again, but I am too laid back, so I was very aware that in the current system that was the most likely outcome.

tldr; emotions are fine, but don't let them take control over your mind. It never leads to proper feedback. It only leads to a few (yes a few, just count the number of different players that replied) players driving eachother to great heights in frustration.
What did they gain from doing that? Absolutely nothing.

I don't think it was purely about not getting the girl, but how it was presented. If you remember, it was said that the drop rate would be according to the number of days it lasted. I think people take issue with this. Because people are getting girls easier in a 14-day event than a 3-day one. 

9 hours ago, natstar said:

I am sorry to all the players that failed to get the legendary event harem member to drop but they read your feedback even if they don't reply to your post so they can use that feedback for future events.

A counter like what boss girls have where every failed attempt increase the drop rate a little bit each time for event harem members would be the best suggestion instead of just increasing the drop rate because people will still be unlucky if they just increase it.

I made a suggestion to give players a second chance of getting the legendary event and if you want players to have a second chance at her then support it with a like. 

to be honest i hope they never do another legendary girl again i would prefer that they nurf the girl then provide everyone the ability to obtain her free of using any kobans. i dont want to have to work hard to get a character that i spent over 1000 kobans on and over 600 victories in battle, i already worked hard to get her and because of a bug in their drop rate i didnt... maybe they should just give her away as a apology or a birthday present lol. either way i dont want any more legendary girls to much of a bad experience. what they should do is give you the option to add to your girls existing stats and make your own legendary girl that you have.

The problem I see is not necessarily the drop rate, but that you either win the big prize or get nothing at all.

The average drop rate may have been somewhere between 200 and 400 tries for the girl, which is acceptable, but some of the outliers of 1000+ were definitely not.

A way to solve this problem and to bring everyone closer to the average is the use of tokens. Image that you don’t roll for the girl directly for a 0.5% chance after each battle, but for a token at a 5% chance and once you have 10 tokens you get the girl. This also has the bonus that the player can see that progress is made at all instead of permanently losing.

A fancier model might make a girl cost 1000 tokens, but guaranties 1 token after each battle and rewards maybe 5, 10, 25, 50 or 100 tokens as rarer drops. This way one can set up an upper limit to the tries required and give the player more than losing or winning the big prize by adding smaller prizes to keep them motivated.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 10:23 PM, Dark Ness said:

Countless attempts, over 4K kobans (Hentai Heroes if anyone even cares) spent on refills, all that I had saved up in game, and for what? The worst cash reward in the game Every. Single. Time. What a joke. I was able to forgive the visible flaws with this now cash grab husk of a game but this is too much. If this is the trend going forward you can count me out, and I know I'm not alone in this sentiment. I stuck with the game this long because it at least appeared that the devs were trying to improve the experience, I thought I should give it a fair go, optimistic that it would get better, not worse.

Yet this event left me with nothing but needless anger, rage, frustration, depression, disappointment and disgust. The event didn't just ruin my day (not that that alone isn't reproachable enough) but my entire Easter weekend so far. Regrettably I now only recall this game with negativity. It would take a lot more than just reimbursement to make up for this horrible experience.

Not that it matters but the right thing to do would not only be to refund the kobans that all players spent (fruitlessly or otherwise) on fighting the least rewarding boss but also rewarding all players that took part in this abysmal event with Levitya. Change the event from being about winners and loser in a game of chance, with the odds ludicrously stacked against players, but rather about participation, reward and enjoyment. There was no need to reduce the drop-rate, no need to constrain the event duration. Did no one on the dev team realize how such a controversial move would divide the player base?

A good point made was to have a cap on the event boss so that the more unlucky players can still obtain the event girls after a set number of attempts, this could be sparingly relative to the event duration. Another pointer would be to temporarily increase the cash reward from event bosses so that they're not the worst every single time, either a large fixed amount or dependent on player level. Additional available rewards would be beneficial towards the experience also, such as the legendary affection gifts, making them available on the event bosses themselves would be an improvement, so long as their rate is taken from that of the cash reward, or even given in addition to it, as a bonus reward. 

If the devs hoped that this sort of event would encourage me spend real money they are sorely mistaken. I would never want to encourage this sort of business model. It only solidifies my resolve to give nothing, not a cent. Maybe some did fall for this trap, but most if not all would have learnt their lesson now, and the small sum of profit made will come at the cost of future patronage. The blatant attempt at swindling the community is both disgusting and unforgivable. 

absurdly low odds should never dictate the enjoyment (or lack thereof) in a game, and yet here we are. 

April Fools indeed. 

I thought i was an April fools joke... until i saw someone has her. I would have traded the rest of my harem for her... but maybe another chance later (we can hope). Easter is new beginnings.

36 minutes ago, hookster said:

to be honest i hope they never do another legendary girl again i would prefer that they nurf the girl then provide everyone the ability to obtain her free of using any kobans. i dont want to have to work hard to get a character that i spent over 1000 kobans on and over 600 victories in battle, i already worked hard to get her and because of a bug in their drop rate i didnt... maybe they should just give her away as a apology or a birthday present lol. either way i dont want any more legendary girls to much of a bad experience. what they should do is give you the option to add to your girls existing stats and make your own legendary girl that you have.

They have had the best harem members in epic pachinko before during events such as Justine,Nika for hardcore and the bodybuilder for know how they were the best hardcore or know how harem members that you could only get in epic pachinko during an event and stayed the best until they added the 5 star harem members.

The problem was with the low drop rate having an increased drop rate with every failed attempt would help stop it happening again.

Having it on dark lord allowed more players a chance at it at least to access it because not every player has all the boss harem member yet when an event is on.

They never nerfed the pachinko only event girls that you cannot get anymore so they're not going to start now so giving a way for players to get her again is the best thing we can hope for.

Haha, yes NOW I completely understand Chthugha's comments.  Defending and shit.  Attacking me when I said something yesterday.  Becoming a Moderator. 

All good, I still stand to what I said before. I had all the right to voice my opinion because I wasted almost € 50 trying to get this Legendary Girl with such a terrible low drop rate, and I don't care if Shidou thinks it was set to high. Individually experiencing on my end, it was set way too low.  But I am now done contributing to this forum as I now see, attacking me for what I said about JessieChan.  It was all because of trying to become just that, Moderator.  And don't you even try to even lecture me now on this one, € 50 is not just some pocket money change.

Well, my friend, NICE JOB THERE!!!   *CLAPS HANDS*   Take care...

{ EDIT }   Is there an option to terminate my forum account?   Because, I want to delete my account here.

Edited by Encino
  • Like 1

@natstar

@TsoDuo

It may not be such a good idea to bring her back around. And if Kinkoid decide to do so, they'd better tread carefully. The advertised exclusiveness has had many players spend (extra) real money. And even players that did drop her have voiced their displeasement.

Say she came available through Epic pachinko; If you think (paying) players are emotional now, what do you suppose will happen when they realise they could have had her for, in their eyes, a mere 5400 kobans. Besides, intended or not, it would severely undermine Kinkoid's team credibilty.

To all who didnt't get her:

She has some nice stats - both with and without intended pun - but I wish we could stop referring to her as Legendary.

I wondered why she was coined such as soon as I saw her stats and some nice math has been presented in this thread that shows that at lvl400 she'll (slightly) outperform Samane. (p33 I believe) Well, I don't know of any players that are even close to lvl 400. One thing is sure though. She's certainly no 'Sword of a Thousand Truths" (Southpark).

I am sure we will see more legendary girls enter the haremverse. I don't think they will be introduced in a same or similar way because  however you look at it, nobody can say that this event was a marketing succes.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

Edited by dirty harry
forgot to quote

It certainly is interesting that the main defenders of this topic are both mods (well one became a mod and the other lost their role it seems, so my point 7 seems to have been addressed behind the scenes.)

I couldn't remember if chthulga was one of the one's jessie had approached about becoming a mod or not.  Either way while he's been defensive, I can't say I feel he's outright insulted us.

But I do say this as a word of warning and this is coming from a former mod in other places.  As a mod, it's important to enforce the rules and keep things civil.  This requires also understanding player frustration.  Your posts I feel have been civil, but never loose empathy for the player base.  We know the devs need to make money, but they also have to keep players happy, it's a mutual respect for each other, a respect that I feel we havn't been given since the changes in february started.

If you feel the devs are not treating the playerbase fairly, you are welcome to express your concern as well and try to relay the messages to the devs, if they'll even listen, I've heard in other spots that dev to mod communication is kinda poor.  Don't feel compelled to always take their side if you notice your own frustrations, or you'll just hate your new job.  Just some friendly advice.

10 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

It certainly is interesting that the main defenders of this topic are both mods (well one became a mod and the other lost their role it seems, so my point 7 seems to have been addressed behind the scenes.)

I couldn't remember if chthulga was one of the one's jessie had approached about becoming a mod or not.  Either way while he's been defensive, I can't say I feel he's outright insulted us.

But I do say this as a word of warning and this is coming from a former mod in other places.  As a mod, it's important to enforce the rules and keep things civil.  This requires also understanding player frustration.  Your posts I feel have been civil, but never loose empathy for the player base.  We know the devs need to make money, but they also have to keep players happy, it's a mutual respect for each other, a respect that I feel we havn't been given since the changes in february started.

If you feel the devs are not treating the playerbase fairly, you are welcome to express your concern as well and try to relay the messages to the devs, if they'll even listen, I've heard in other spots that dev to mod communication is kinda poor.  Don't feel compelled to always take their side if you notice your own frustrations, or you'll just hate your new job.  Just some friendly advice.

Oh, I am very aware of my own position.
I have been very outspoken, but I always try to at least stay civil.
I shall slightly alter my approach, as I am now also the face of Kinkoid in a way.
However, if I feel things need to be changed, then I'll just use my position right now to see if I can bring it under attention.
To be honest, I didn't want to become moderator (I even said that in the forum changes thread), but Jessie kept asking me.
In the end I did it, because I want to make this forum a better heard part of playerbase.

2 hours ago, Encino said:

Haha, yes NOW I completely understand Chthugha's comments.  Defending and shit.  Attacking me when I said something yesterday.  Becoming a Moderator. 

All good, I still stand to what I said before. I had all the right to voice my opinion because I wasted almost € 50 trying to get this Legendary Girl with such a terrible low drop rate, and I don't care if Shidou thinks it was set to high. Individually experiencing on my end, it was set way too low.  But I am now done contributing to this forum as I now see, attacking me for what I said about JessieChan.  It was all because of trying to become just that, Moderator.  And don't you even try to even lecture me now on this one, € 50 is not just some pocket money change.

Well, my friend, NICE JOB THERE!!!   *CLAPS HANDS*   Take care...

{ EDIT }   Is there an option to terminate my forum account?   Because, I want to delete my account here.

First of all, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. If you really felt like I were attacking you, you should've reported my post back then.
I clearly wasn't a moderator. So it would've been reviewed by whomever was doing that.
I explained my point of view to you, and the only thing you took from it was that I was personally attacking you.
It's called being oversensitive.

Second of all, I wouldn't do that because I want to become a moderator.
Jessie has been asking me for over a week now if I would become moderator, not the other way around.
I even posted in the forum change thread that I didn't want to become a moderator.
In the end I did it, because I want to make this forum a better heard part of playerbase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.6f740230b665bdf14878dab19af64989.png

38 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Now I am confused again. Happens to me a lot:P

Paragraph 1 and 2 are reflection. Got it.9_9

Paragraph 3 Changes subject (he  becomes you),

If you are adressing me. Thx a lot (purple thingy will follow) I try to keep neutral whilst critical. (with a hint of humour):P

Paragraph 4 is confusing me. If you are adressing me, I'm not a mod nor have I been approached (I presume only discordplayers are approached, makes sense to me).

Either way I don't have the thick skin for it. Which, as a former mod, you'll know is a prerequisite. B|

Or all of this is this directed at Chthulga and I'm making a bit of a fool of myself:$

Anyways. This thread is going to be closed soon I guess, so I wanted to put my last two on topic cents in. See post above.

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

Edited by dirty harry

3 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Now I am confused again. Happens to me a lot:P

Paragraph 1 and 2 are reflection. Got it.9_9

Paragraph 3 Changes subject (he  becomes you),

If you are adressing me. Thx a lot (purple thingy will follow) I try to keep neutral whilst critical. (with a hint of humour):P

Paragraph 4 is confusing me. If you are adressing me, I'm not a mod nor have I been approached (I presume only discordplayers are approached, makes sense to me).

Either way I don't have the thick skin for it. Which, as a former mod, you'll know is a prerequisite. B|

Or all of this is this directed at Chthulga and I'm making a bit of a fool of myself:$

Anyways. This thread is going to be closed soon I guess, so I wanted to put my last two on topic cents in. See post above.

Huh that's odd, yeah wasn't trying to notify you, that was directed at chthugha mainly. Sorry you somehow got pinged as if it was directed at you.

I've got no problems with low drop rates(quite used to farming regular boss girls and stuff in other games) my problems come with the false/misleading information we had on her drop rate. Supposedly it was ADJUSTED (to match the chance of 7days event time)NOT HIGHER NOR LOWER. Which wasn't the case because regular event girls have quite higher chance of drop (always get them with maximum of 180 fights and i have never missed a girl). 
I repeat i don't have a problem with the lower drop chance, but with misleading information. I want to know what i'm going to get myself in before i invest a lot of effort or money.
With the ADJUSTMENT stated by the devs i(and presumably a lot of other players) had the mindset of going for a regular event girl(even if her chance was halved it still would have dropped once in 642 tries(in my case) or in 1000(in other people's cases). Either her drop rate was quite lower(which again  points to the false/misleading info we had) or that there was something else preventing a lot of people to get her despite the horrendous amount of tries(in some cases more than a month worth of boss battles).
RNG may be bad, but it's not bad as a misleading info putting the players in the wrong mindset(oh it's going to be just like another event) while the odds are completely different-in this case completely off charts. I suggest all fellow players to take further info(especially concerning "legenday" girls) with a grain of salt. And even if i didn't everyone who had lost money on this one will think twice before commiting to something simillar in the future. Which in the long term will hurt the game's economic support. Even if the new events are well designed with more reasonable drop rates, people will refuse to spend any money - despite good the advertisement or the promise of ADJUSTED drop rates. 
All this sh*t storm could have been avoided if they had said upfront "Well she's a legendary so she will be hard to get" instead of saying we adjusted her drop rate, it's not higher or lower. Then i wouldn't have complained, because i was going to be able to make an informed decision and know what i'm getting myself into.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Oh, I am very aware of my own position.
I have been very outspoken, but I always try to at least stay civil.
I shall slightly alter my approach, as I am now also the face of Kinkoid in a way.
However, if I feel things need to be changed, then I'll just use my position right now to see if I can bring it under attention.
To be honest, I didn't want to become moderator (I even said that in the forum changes thread), but Jessie kept asking me.

First of all, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. If you really felt like I were attacking you, you should've reported my post back then.
I clearly wasn't a moderator. So it would've been reviewed by whomever was doing that.
I explained my point of view to you, and the only thing you took from it was that I was personally attacking you.
It's called being oversensitive.

Second of all, I wouldn't do that because I want to become a moderator.
Jessie has been asking me for over a week now if I would become moderator, not the other way around.
I even posted in the forum change thread that I didn't want to become a moderator.

It doesn't matter, I felt you took me out of many other posts were Jessie was mentioned and you said NOTHING about that. Just because I worded things differently to reflect how I felt you thought it was needed to tell me I was doing a good job with that and go explain to me her job position. Like I really care to know that. I didn't report you because I am not easily going that route, I would try to solve it first. But you only have been DEFENDING the staff when someone didn't say something that should have been more positive. It's not called oversensitive when you keep your mouth shut when anyone else has said almost the same thing like I did. Gawd, that I even have to explain all this is just stupid and ridiculous.  I never said that you asked Jessie to become a Moderator, so do not put words in my mouth that didn't come out of my mouth to validate your argument. But you were doing all that with DEFENDING the Kinkoid Staff all the time in this thread, and I am NOT the only one that has noticed it. 

Right, a better place for the player base. Unless someone of the player base says something about another staff member, that doesn't fit here. You said, I did a rant and I never toned it down. You picked me out of many others, without reading the whole message apparently and you stopped at the moment I quoted the GOOD LUCK. It is all good, you can be a Moderator. If you want that task. But I suggest to you to read something much better from now on, because your response came over like you were DEFENDING Jessie like she is your goddamn girlfriend.

Lastly, I also asked a question because I really think I want to terminate my account here. Because after your comments yesterday..  And the ones Shidou was posting... I think this is not the place I want to be apart of anymore. Because what is being done is measuring with two standards here.  I felt I was ok with voicing my opinion.  When money is involved, because this is not just some pocket change like 5 or 10 euro/dollars.  We are talking way more here.  And according to Shidou, someone has to fight a troll for over 3000 fights.  In just four days that is impossible, and I do NOT think a few drawings from this place is worth over TWO HUNDRED euro/dollar.  EVER!!!!  That is why I think, there was no thinking first for a few seconds before actually posting what was said.  Unless it is something special and exclusive like what is offered on their patreon.  That no one else can get through this game.  But where was your input then if you really want a better heard part of player base, when we were discussing what Shidou said?  No: Your first response on page 47 was once again going on the DEFENSIVE.  It's all good you know, be a Moderator. But I am not, making a mountain out of a molehill.

I have said what I wanted to say about this and I will not respond any further...

Edited by Encino
typo

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

I've got no problems with low drop rates(quite used to farming regular boss girls and stuff in other games) my problems come with the false/misleading information we had on her drop rate. Supposedly it was ADJUSTED (to match the chance of 7days event time)NOT HIGHER NOR LOWER. Which wasn't the case because regular event girls have quite higher chance of drop (always get them with maximum of 180 fights and i have never missed a girl). 
I repeat i don't have a problem with the lower drop chance, but with misleading information. I want to know what i'm going to get myself in before i invest a lot of effort or money.
With the ADJUSTMENT stated by the devs i(and presumably a lot of other players) had the mindset of going for a regular event girl(even if her chance was halved it still would have dropped once in 642 tries(in my case) or in 1000(in other people's cases). Either her drop rate was quite lower(which again  points to the false/misleading info we had) or that there was something else preventing a lot of people to get her despite the horrendous amount of tries(in some cases more than a month worth of boss battles).
RNG may be bad, but it's not bad as a misleading info putting the players in the wrong mindset(oh it's going to be just like another event) while the odds are completely different-in this case completely off charts. I suggest all fellow players to take further info(especially concerning "legenday" girls) with a grain of salt. And even if i didn't everyone who had lost money on this one will think twice before commiting to something simillar in the future. Which in the long term will hurt the game's economic support. Even if the new events are well designed with more reasonable drop rates, people will refuse to spend any money - despite good the advertisement or the promise of ADJUSTED drop rates. 
All this sh*t storm could have been avoided if they had said upfront "Well she's a legendary so she will be hard to get" instead of saying we adjusted her drop rate, it's not higher or lower. Then i wouldn't have complained, because i was going to be able to make an informed decision and know what i'm getting myself into.

Yeah, THAT... Totally agree..  But I have a feeling we are talking to a dummy wall here.  If I knew what the chances were, I would not have wasted 6000 kobans to do many many combat refills.  "ADJUSTED" can mean so many things, and from now on, when I see any of this staff post "IT'S ADJUSTED". I will not bother.  They just should say what the percentage really is. Then we can decide if we wanna try for it or not.

Edited by Encino

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

This is what I was also saying... Just for making math easier let's take this example...

If 14-day event has a drop chance of 5%,

5-day event has a drop rate of around 10%

then a 3-day event should have a drop rate of 15%,

but adjust it since it's legendary and say it's 13%.

Again, numbers are just an example of what the players have understood would happen.

48 pages of mostly well-thought out, legitimate criticisms.  Honestly, it's hard to really look at all of the complaints and suggested solutions and not agree with most of them.  Sure, there are some raging, pissed off random bitching, but mostly justifiable anger and good ideas.  I'm still waiting to see a post from a dev on the heaviest thread I've ever seen.  Last dev comment I believe was Jessie telling everyone how happy she was we were enjoying the event (ha!) about 20 or so pages ago.

The only additional piece of feedback I have for the development team (apart from the fact that I agree with almost all of the criticism) is that I will never, ever, buy kobans for this game again.  I was a paying player and now I am a Free-To-Play player.  To put together a failed event is one thing.  But to completely ignore the feedback of the player base as we lose our minds?  That's just bad business.

• Thanks 5

the most unfair thing about the legendary event is for me the no-drop-bug in the first 3h. ppl spent kobans and we get no compensation. we spent alot of money for not even having a chance to get the gir. this is not really a good attitute to loyal players. its not that u make a mistake. its just u denied it and said every thing was ok. NO everything was not ok. u took our money for nothing.

Edited by BananaJoy
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BananaJoy said:

the most unfair thing about the legendary event is for me the no-drop-bug in the first 3h. ppl spent kobans and we get no compensation. we spent alot of money for not even having a chance to get the gir. this is not really a good attitute to loyal players. its not that u make a mistake. its just u denied it and said every thing was ok. NO everything was not ok. u took our money for nothing.

That would explain why I shelled out over 2k right off the bat for a whole lot of nothing.  

I've dropped the game but I'm going to poke around the forum to enjoy the shit show the devs earned for a bit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1