Legendary Days Discussion. Meet the android.

58 minutes ago, natstar said:

It's just good luck but we might get a pity timer for the event girls in the future I am hoping that we get it by the time they do the next legendary event.

I'm amazed they never have in the past, they wouldn't even have to alter the rate for free attempts. 96 hours = 192 attempts, +20 for a full bar at the event activation, so up to 212 attempts for free. Have the pity timer begin to take effect at the 213th attempt. After 5400 kobans worth of refills, the drop rate should be extremely high. I was thinking that 100% should be achieved at 8100 kobans, the extra kobans being essentially a surcharge for picking a girl rather than getting a random girl from 10x spin, but 8100 doesn't divide evenly, so let's round down for a change. 7955 kobans = 37 refills = 740 attempts, so a hard max of 952 fights to get the legendary girl. That's how it should be. Still hard to get, still "legendary," but at least people can make an informed choice of whether it's worth it to start spending kobans on refills.

Do similar calculations for all events, no more people spending 12k kobans and not getting any closer to their goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had naturally assumed there was the same pity timer for events as there was for normal boss grinding. It'd probably be easier to implement that way than to have a separate case for each, unless the timer was added later and wasn't transferred to the event logic or something.

Even with a pity timer, though, the drop rate might still be low in theory. (I suspect it's high enough to make a drop at least 50% likely after 3-4 days, in practice.) Of course, I take Urist as describing how it ought to be IF they wanted to ensure a drop after no more than a certain amount of kobans spent.

At a tangent, I don't know why Kinkoid doesn't simply publish the exact drop rate and pity rate, rather than forcing everyone to speculate. I think it's likely that the speculation is creating more salt than it is enticing players to spend money to unlock content. Even if the rates proved to be low, they'd at least be known, and players would feel that much more in control, and that feeling of control can go a long way.

• Like 3

Bloody, just got the last girl off Ninja Spy y-day. This "lady" might be one Doctor Soong's creations(like Cmdr Data, or B-fore, or Lore from ST:TNG)

All we can do is see how this session plays out. Pray that the RNG Gods are good to us this round.:o

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Some other guy said:

I've said my bit, I don't really have a problem with the low drop rate as every has had long enough to save their kobans for free for it unlike the last legendary event.

However the only changes I've seen announced is

1: Legendary charm items

2: Moved from the lowest boss to the second lowest boss.

I don't recall anything about an adjustment to the drop rate, but maybe I missed it, I'm old and not quite with it anymore. I used to be with it but then it changed and now I find it frighting and scary.

High level Soylent Green complained about fighting low end bosses for little cash which really stung when they didn't even get the girl, although it was only a 4 day event unlike the rest. The changes address their issues to some extent. All Izz Well, sort of, well enough at least.

Soylent Green also complained more about the low drop rate. More so the low drop rate than the lack of swag from pounding on a scrub. They don't want no scrub, a scrub gets no love from them but it's a bit more tolerable if you get the girl. Based on this thread it seems people are more sore about the low drop rate than the lack of swag.

The changes much like the goggles, they do nothing.

I see nothing announced on what seems to be the more serious problem people have.

Are you suggesting that the drop rates have been changed and that soylent green complaining is no longer cromulent or are you just setting people up for more disappointment.

That is that event, and this is this event.
Being negative about this event even though it hasn't even started yet, is just plainly annoying.
I have no idea about the drop rates, and I honestly do not care, but that doesn't take away that being negative about something that has yet to start, is detrimental to the atmosphere for this event.
That's why I asked to not make assumptions about this event, which are so obviously based on last one.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I'll make this a general announcement.

I want you all to treat this event as a new one.
Right now there are players bringing in the negativity from last legendary days event, even though they changed things for this event.

If you feel the air is not cleared yet with respect to the last event, then I can setup a new thread in which you can post questions you want answers to regarding the last legendary days event.

I want this thread to be clean, and it should just be about this event now.
I hide any negative comment, that's purely based on last event.
You are not unbiased if you are already bashing this event on the results of last event.

----

On another note, I really like the look of the new legendary girl :x
I hope I can get her.

what exactly was changed compared to the previous one "Legendary Days Event" ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Being negative about this event even though it hasn't even started yet, is just plainly annoying.
I have no idea about the drop rates, and I honestly do not care, but that doesn't take away that being negative about something that has yet to start, is detrimental to the atmosphere for this event.
That's why I asked to not make assumptions about this event, which are so obviously based on last one.

The assumptions are based on the announcement for this event not so much the happenings of the last event.

One concern [low return for high level players] was addressed by giving up legendary affection items an having us fight the boss one level up.

One concern was not addressed at all.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that if drop rates were improved, it would also be mentioned because

a: The changes to return was announced so why not announce a change to drop rate.

b: It would encourage a discouraged members to try again.

Keeping a improved drop rate secret would seriously nerf the benefits to the developers and those the developers picked to herd cats [aka us] of changing the drop rates. Not taking a chance to go "Hey we listened and we actually followed through with awesomesauce changes, let them all adore us!". Who wouldn't do that.

It is very reasonable to assume as such that the drop rates will be the same. I am fine with it as I've passionately argued for elsewhere and probably here. However to expect anyone not to make assumptions or be negative in the light of what the announcement says and does not say is asking a bit too much.

Throw us a bone here. No, not that type of bone.

Double plus so when last time it was announced that the drop rates were not changed but were adjusted. If something was done this time around it would be not only in the Devs interest to say something but is in keeping with announcements last time. This time we don't even get a contradictory statement [no change but adjustment, is that like how Judas dies by hanging himself after giving 30 pieces of silver to the priests and also buys a field with the silver and falls headlong into the field, I donno]

If there was no announcement on legendary items and Ninja Spy then you would have a better basis to ask us to wait till events transpire before making assumptions.

Also it's a 4 day event, that doesn't give folks a lot of time to see how others are doing in the event, we pretty much should be making decisions to play or pass on the first day and doing so with no information... With what you are giving us, I can't see anyone expecting the drop rates to change.

And this is someone who is on your side on this particular issue. I'd hate to see what the disappointed and enraged are thinking.

Too Long Didn't Read.

Everything about the announcement screams no change in drop rates.

Edited by Some other guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

We don't know if the drop rate has changed because they have said nothing about that but the changes we do know about are the following.

• The new legendary harem member is Charm and the last event we had a Hardcore legendary.
  • The new legendary drops from Ninja spy instead of Dark lord.
  • Legendary gifts now drop from the boss that drops the legendary girl and they have a 4 times higher chance to drop than during revival events which have legendary gifts on villains that don't drop event girls.
  • Being a Charm legendary she most likely has more points in her defensive stats Hardcore/know with a little more in Charm than the hardcore version while the Hardcore legendary had most of her points in her hardcore stat.
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

Legendary affection items, more than is usual during events 4X more. I'd assume about 1% drop but it could be anywhere.

Fighting Ninja Spy not Dark Lord. A bit of extra cash, extreme noobs won't get her.

At least that is all the information that has been released.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

you're right, the event is not equal

but if there are no changes in the mechanics, in defects, and it is the same only a new graphic shell. Players are getting nervous. I understand them, but I still think creators are doing the game as they have visions. We can only suggest what needs to be changed. Silencing people will not bring benefits. And society will take it away badly.

I generally like every event in HH, 

but Legendary Day has the most defects and is the most frustrating for players .. 95% of players are focused on getting a new legendary girl.
this event lasts the shortest so there is the least time, there is no mission for Kobans,
the girl is on the 1st and now on the 2nd boss, so the money earners are limited to players for 4 days.

in short. If the player does not drop the girl from the event has only losses. Less money, less kobans (probably still spending supplies), 0 girls from the event, 4 days loss.

but as I once said: it's just "It depends on us if we participate in the event"
Negative energy should not be transmitted, because each event gives us a chance, it is not an obligation. The creators give us the opportunity, it depends on us whether we use it.

• Like 1

Il y a 5 heures, Habi a dit :

he's a villain, he doesnt give anything for free. that just a formulation for how the battle works. tbh, he wont hurt higher lvl players because they oneshot him :D

because its 4 days for real... jessie posted the official information in this thread, just scroll up and look for it.

It's four days, the fact that it ends in the wee hours of the morning on the 21th, at least for the european players, is a bit confusing.   

But all added, it goes on for 96 hours, just like last time... :x

• Like 1

As tempting as the legendary girl may be, be mindful of your spending. Dont give in the hype beacuse it will make you regret it. Don't buy kobans ON THE SPUR  OF THE MOMENT - as this might create resentment of the event and the game as a whole, if you end up with no girl after its end. The drop rate is a mistery, what's not is that it islow,AS IT SHOULD BE. We are talking about something exclusive after all! Don't be negative, but rather think upon your expectations and if they are reasonable. It is bad going with high expectations and getting nothing. On the contrary, having low expectations and achieving more brings out the awesome sense of wonder this event is meant to invoke.

Lastly the festival revival will start immediately after this one, so make sure you save up some kobans if you want any girls from it.

• Like 4

This was posted a few minutes ago:  

18 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Un changement de dernière minute nous a forcé à changer la spécialité de la fille légendaire en "Savoir-Faire".

I'm sure it will be posted in English, soon:  Forgive me, if I posted in error.

It appears the class of the new girl will be KH.

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It's posted as a reply to the initial announcement, but yeah apparently it's a KH legend now.

Yes, appears that way.  It is about 30 minutes now.  

the French side is going off.

If anyone gets this, here from us, for the first time?  Please let us be calm.  

It is heartbreaking to see the comments directed at Kinoid.  If I were him, I would want to stop making our game for the very strong words at him at this minute.

You know I am as disappointed as I can be:  But lets not say harsh things.

He said the change is unavoidable, and must be done.  

In Positive- brassy

• Like 2

No doubt the Charm players are angry, the know how players are happy, and the hardcore characters are mostly indifferent. I admit I have a certain bias, but I'm pleased by this.

Remember everyone, 1.5 hours from now stop spending your combat points so you can have a full bar and max free attempts when the event activates.

Edited by Urist
Reminder

It's better this way for Charm players as well so they have more time to think about how to do her stats and it made no sense to not do know how next when her stats could be exactly the same as the hardcore legendary.

• Like 1

Kinkoid said

Le but n'était aucunement de communiquer des informations fausses. Ce changement dans l'annonce est involontaire.

Google translate says this means " The goal was not to communicate false information. This change in the ad is unintended."

I don't get how this can be unintended, but there it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Urist said:

Kinkoid said

Google translate says this means " The goal was not to communicate false information. This change in the ad is unintended."

I don't get how this can be unintended, but there it is.

You are a western Canadian, I take it!!  heheehe.  My good friend is from Calgary.  Mostly English speakers at the Rodeo??

The translation is as good as it can be: 

He is looking at the idea of the false information-  Someone said that to him of the change.

unintended:  is the idea of mis-information.