How you doing in the "League"

casey

On 8/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, jpanda said:

I made an apparently false assumption this was not happening rampantly.  I guess if folks stop playing altogether it makes sense the lower ratings would have a ton of 0s.

Thanks for the info.
-JD

I started a new account on Nutaku the other day to see how it goes. It was amusing to see what a wasteland the W1 league has become with corpses scattered everywhere.

That's actually a good thing for new players to get a comfortable start in the game.

Edited by linkdream

1 hour ago, linkdream said:

I started a new account on Nutaku the other day to see how it goes. It was amusing to see what a wasteland the W1 league has become with corpses scattered everywhere.

That's actually a good thing for new players to get a comfortable start in the game.

I did the same before the tof scoring change. There where so many dead 300 level accounts you could make more xp losing to these dead accounts than you could beating the ones you could beat. There was also a surprising number of active 200 & 300 level accounts in W2 - W3. People just love to "win" I guess, even if they have to embarrass themselves to do so.

i promoted my minor league team from D1 to D2 this season and i have noticed a major step up in competition

In D1 i would not participate in any fights/battles every Monday so as to stay below the top 15 places in D2 i'm going to need

to do every battle just so i can finish between 30 - 45th place

8 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I did the same before the tof scoring change. There where so many dead 300 level accounts you could make more xp losing to these dead accounts than you could beating the ones you could beat. There was also a surprising number of active 200 & 300 level accounts in W2 - W3. People just love to "win" I guess, even if they have to embarrass themselves to do so.

That is simply impossible. The smallest amount you get for a win is (100 + 20)/2 = 60; 20 is the lowest level player you can encounter in the league. The highest amount you can get for a loss is (100 + 500)/10 = 60. Right now just over 400 is the highest level, so that will be about 50. Most likely it is between 40 and 50 for a loss.

19 hours ago, Chthugha said:

That is simply impossible. The smallest amount you get for a win is (100 + 20)/2 = 60; 20 is the lowest level player you can encounter in the league. The highest amount you can get for a loss is (100 + 500)/10 = 60. Right now just over 400 is the highest level, so that will be about 50. Most likely it is between 40 and 50 for a loss.

You are usually right Chthugha. My low level account was about 5 months ago. Was (100 + L)/10 for a loss the formula in place then?

1 minute ago, snowman22 said:

You are usually right Chthugha. My low level account was about 5 months ago. Was (100 + L)/10 for a loss the formula in place then?

That has been the formula since a month after the start of the leagues.
It was the following: Exp(win) = 100 + L, Exp(loss) = (100 + L)/5 at the start, and they halved the experience gain pretty soon after that.
So now it's Exp(win) = (100 + L)/2 and Exp(loss) = (100 + L)/10.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chthugha said:

So now it's Exp(win) = (100 + L)/2 and Exp(loss) = (100 + L)/10.

Right. I forgot the actual details. :S. In my defense it was months ago. What I was doing with the low level acc was trying to gain as much xp and kobans as possible in W2 without getting promoted until I could grab 4th.

3 pts of headroom: As a win (100 + 40)/2 = 70 xp. As 3 losses at (100 + 300)/10 each = 120 xp.

You are right. It was not possible to get more xp for 1 loss than for 1 win. But 3 losses xp > 1 win xp was easy with all those 300L accounts.

The comment was meant to illustrate that the W leagues are FULL of dead, high level accounts. The spread was huge. Many accs where 2x - 4x (100L - 200L) my level with a good chunk at 6x (300L). There was no way I should have been worried about promotion but there you go.

• Like 1

Seems like I'm able to comfortably work My way back up to 16th - 20th place after battling for the first 4 days, resting for a day and a half and then resuming once the others have caught up. 😌 With that being said, I doubt D3 allows for such casual play and is probably far more unforgiving as far as competition goes but then again, isn't that how it's always been? 😅

20190905_110703.jpg.60a5644dc1932c87f734480d373ad3a2.jpg

• Like 1

I promoted up to D2, but sadly finished 5th in D1 this week. Had some PC issues today, and missed a lot of attacks, plus had some stuff to do in the hour or so before rollover, so I missed some there as well. I surely could've had 4th if I spent less time dealing with my ISP today, or the matters that came up. Oh well.

I finished 5th in D3. I used one day of rare and one day of epic boosters and suffered an only loss, making 6403 points in a 103 players league (winner was over 6800). I was expecting to place some places below that, because there were many strong players constantly boosted, including @casey who unexpectedly couldn't overtake me.

I still have to check my new league but my initial objective will be a top 15 place again.

finished 74th in my first D2 season. Didn't expect to finish in the koban earning places, considering I was bottom 5 in level in my league, it helped not to miss any combats and every little scrapped points here and there, counted in the end. 

Same situation this week (bottom 5 level-wise) - it's going to be a long road towards the top places.

my condolences to @jelom  O.ofor his 5th place finish, in regards to his reference to me in an earlier post...... it

just seems like i don't get the amount of points i'm expecting when i win battles in league play

i fight a player in which i have 35000 to  45000 ego point advantage yet only get 19 or 20 points for the victory

over the course of a season's 300 battles low ball victory point totals hurt

Anyway Jelom we are knocking heads again this season so good luck:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crimson scale said:

finally made it to the highest rank. Not sure how since I was 29th just moments before the rollover but somehow ended up at 15th? Not gonna complain about free kobans. I just hope I don't get fisted at this level

There are very few free lunches in D3 good luck9_9

I got tired of 16-30 in D2 and there was only 2 or 3 really powerful players in the top twenty so I decided to go for spot 2-4. Drank my orange cordy juice and started buying refills (I had let a full day go to waste and can not play the last 4 hours). I ended up 3rd. I am asleep at rollover because of this horrid European time zone so I have no idea if it was close.

I am currently 78th by level in D3 but doing fine because I am still boosted. I am not going for demotion this time. I fully expect to get spanked but it is about time I got a feeling for how D3 runs. I expect it to be very different because there is no incentive to avoid 5-16 and because the rewards for the upper tiers are so juicy.

My plan is to go green the entire week and look for booster-less windows. The green boosters are not worth much anyway so no real loss and I suspect orange would not move me up a lot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jelom said:

I finished 5th in D3. I used one day of rare and one day of epic boosters and suffered an only loss, making 6403 points in a 103 players league (winner was over 6800). I was expecting to place some places below that, because there were many strong players constantly boosted, including @casey who unexpectedly couldn't overtake me.

I still have to check my new league but my initial objective will be a top 15 place again.

I was 6th in mine with 6430 points. Didn't have a lot of time to micromanage so did many 15x battles and hoped for the best. 

Not like last week but in the top 10 consistently for weeks in a row so not bad on the income. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I got tired of 16-30 in D2 and there was only 2 or 3 really powerful players in the top twenty so I decided to go for spot 2-4. Drank my orange cordy juice and started buying refills (I had let a full day go to waste and can not play the last 4 hours). I ended up 3rd. I am asleep at rollover because of this horrid European time zone so I have no idea if it was close.

I am currently 78th by level in D3 but doing fine because I am still boosted. I am not going for demotion this time. I fully expect to get spanked but it is about time I got a feeling for how D3 runs. I expect it to be very different because there is no incentive to avoid 5-16 and because the rewards for the upper tiers are so juicy.

My plan is to go green the entire week and look for booster-less windows. The green boosters are not worth much anyway so no real loss and I suspect orange would not move me up a lot.

All go for the highest possible or demotion. 

I always sell my greenbor gray boosters. Will never use them. 

Well, for the first time since I started playing (not even a month ago), I stagnated, this week:

1025905123_HHLeagues.png.f29c403bd98dcbfff64102e7ead50d23.png

I'm not surprised, considering that the first couple of leagues were all about farming dead accounts at 0 points, but I've already reached actual competition now. For my level (I barely reached 80 today, so I was at 70-something throughout last week), I'm actually pleased with my performance, as more than half the league was waaaay higher level than me (seriously, there are even guys at Level 300 in there...).

It looks like Tier 2 of S1 will be my comfort zone for a while, which is fine by me. I'm in no rush to be promoted and then crushed back down the following week with almost no rewards. I'd rather reach higher leagues when I'm strong enough to compete in them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jelom said:

@casey Aren't you with me in D3? Or have you a secondary account in D2?

yes, i have 2 accounts, my "minor league team" is in D2 recently promoted, while my main team is in D3 with you

You won't need to worry about me in D3 as i have already suffered 4 defeats this season and will be in a battle to

finish in the top 15 (probably not) I've been very sloppy with my D3 team the last couple seasons and am paying the price

for it