How you doing in the "League"

casey

4 minutes ago, casey said:

finished 6th last season in D3 and have screwed up this season already ( i really should pay attention to who i'm challenging and not assume i'm the strongest)

Doesn't exclude you from t4 necessarily. Narrow loss is only just behind a narrow win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, casey said:

be careful what you wish for:D sometimes wishes should remain wishes

I need a strong and very active club. I'm extremely active in this game and my current fellow club members don't keep up with me.

Besides I like the name and I'm French :D

Edited by linkdream

20 hours ago, Observer_X said:

(...) the moment I write this I fought 49 battles (with only two battles lost) and obtained 770 points, with an average of 15,7 points per battle.

I might be missing something, but 770 points on 47 wins and 2 losses sounds awfully low. The minimum possible should be 758 and that requires that the two losses brought no bonus points at all.

17 minutes ago, Gambit126 said:

Isn't it 13 min for a loss?

In truth, I believed it should be 4.

By the way, while writing this I am at 77 battles with 12 losses and 1317 points (average 17,1 per battle). I am prone to think that the average point per battle can vary quite a lot during the league.

11 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

In truth, I believed it should be 4.

By the way, while writing this I am at 77 battles with 12 losses and 1317 points (average 17,1 per battle). I am prone to think that the average point per battle can vary quite a lot during the league.

Yeah, it seems I somehow misread the patch notes, so 3 is minimum if you get totally thrashed and get no bonus.  On the other hand it seems even finishing a win with more ego than you started with, by virtue of healing from reassurance, does not get you the over 100% ego bonus.  Intentional or bug, idk.

So with the new system in place, it seems like the majority of players are opting to go with the Meta, Boosters. I never used any and held a top 4 spot (unintentionally) for most of the week but as I was aiming for 16 - 20th, I took a dip as usual. Gauging the score was a little tougher but there was a distinct pattern that can be followed to roughly guesstimate how many Fights are needed to achieve a certain position. The only real issue are the number of boosted opponents. It wasn't too big a deal at first but now that most are familiar with the Meta, I wonder how many more players will catch on and start buffing themselves Hulk Hogan style? 💪😤 Guess We'll just have to find out this Season! 😅

20190808_110616.jpg.20921fd56f927bf95b99f918c86b67e7.jpg

This was rather unexpected...

image.png.de2e4960085f83211a070c1979efe331.png

Took more than double the booster usage that I used to use to get regular top 4's in D2 (5 rounds of boosting instead of 2, but still split about 50/50 between rares and epics as usual), but I guess that worked out well enough at a still reasonable cost. The annoying part was having to tank away about 400 kobans worth of tokens because I had no idea until the final hours whether or not I should push for the top 4 here, and I had to set up for 16th as a backup plan.

Pretty nerve-wracking finish though - I was actually aiming for 3rd when I started my final push against the last 15 opponents with half an hour to go... The unlucky player who finished 2nd also jumped up (from about 6050 points) near the very end of the season, so I didn't manage to leave him behind me as I had expected. So much for my assumption that he was already done... I really wish we had at least some sort of indication how many battles other players have already completed.

I do have a feeling I might not be able to duplicate this result again; this was a very weird D2 league bracket where nearly all the highest-level players were not in clubs at all and so had much worse stats than players of their tenure usually have. And then some others didn't really push hard - the guy who's just barely in view in 9th place was one of the few members of a high-caliber club and was arguably the strongest player. (Top level was the clubless 7th place finisher at 370.)

Incidentally, the earliest finisher (on Saturday or Sunday IIRC) ended up in 5th place. The lucky winner was second to finish, on Monday.

Onwards to another tanking season in D3...if I didn't stand much of a chance up there in the past, it's going to be much worse now with even more players boosting, so no point in even trying.

On a sidenote: 30th place went away for 4964 points, just a hair over 16 points average per battle (309 battles this week), so if that keeps up it means that finishing 16th-30th in D2 should be virtually assured as long as you can beat most opponents and don't get totally thumped in your losses, even if you only pick up minimal bonus points in your wins.

Edit: Incidentally, the classes of the top 6 were Ch / KH / Ch / Ch / Ch / Ch. xD Doubt it says anything though, other than that Charm is over-represented in D2 because the equivalent-level HC and KH players are all in D3 instead... And I suspect the winning scores here were some of the lowest in all of D2 this week.

Edited by _shal_

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

This was rather unexpected...

image.png.de2e4960085f83211a070c1979efe331.png

Took more than double the booster usage that I used to use to get regular top 4's in D2 (5 rounds of boosting instead of 2, but still split about 50/50 between rares and epics as usual), but I guess that worked out well enough at a still reasonable cost. The annoying part was having to tank away about 400 kobans worth of tokens because I had no idea until the final hours whether or not I should push for the top 4 here, and I had to set up for 16th as a backup plan.

Pretty nerve-wracking finish though - I was actually aiming for 3rd when I started my final push against the last 15 opponents with half an hour to go... The unlucky player who finished 2nd also jumped up (from about 6050 points) near the very end of the season, so I didn't manage to leave him behind me as I had expected. So much for my assumption that he was already done... I really wish we had at least some sort of indication how many battles other players have already completed.

I do have a feeling I might not be able to duplicate this result again; this was a very weird D2 league bracket where nearly all the highest-level players were not in clubs at all and so had much worse stats than players of their tenure usually have. And then some others didn't really push hard - the guy who's just barely in view in 9th place was one of the few members of a high-caliber club and was arguably the strongest player. (Top level was the clubless 7th place finisher at 370.)

Incidentally, the earliest finisher (on Saturday or Sunday IIRC) ended up in 5th place. The lucky winner was second to finish, on Monday.

Onwards to another tanking season in D3...if I didn't stand much of a chance up there in the past, it's going to be much worse now with even more players boosting, so no point in even trying.

On a sidenote: 30th place went away for 4964 points, just a hair over 16 points average per battle (309 battles this week), so if that keeps up it means that finishing 16th-30th in D2 should be virtually assured as long as you can beat most opponents and don't get totally thumped in your losses, even if you only pick up minimal bonus points in your wins.

Edit: Incidentally, the classes of the top 6 were Ch / KH / Ch / Ch / Ch / Ch. xD Doubt it says anything though, other than that Charm is over-represented in D2 because the equivalent-level HC and KH players are all in D3 instead... And I suspect the winning scores here were some of the lowest in all of D2 this week.

I was in the same league never boosted, finished about 18th and only did not fight 17 battles. average points per battle was 18-20.

out of curiosity: what were the highest achieved scores in your leagues?

here's top scores from my d3. i'm not sure if ranks 3/4 are final, the screenshot is from about 7 hours before the season ended. but ranks 1 and 2 were final:

unknown~2.png

in my alt's d3 the final winning score was 6520, performed by a rusher. the 2 highest scores in my d3 were performed w/o rushing so it's good to see that rushing isn't worth it anymore (most likely).

Edited by Habi

48 minutes ago, Habi said:

here's top scores from my d3. i'm not sure if ranks 3/4 are final, the screenshot is from about 7 hours before the season ended. but ranks 1 and 2 were final:

unknown~2.png

in my alt's d3 the final winning score was 6520, performed by a rusher. the 2 highest scores in my d3 were performed w/o rushing so it's good to see that rushing isn't worth it anymore (most likely).

Mine is gone, but from memory I can say No. 1 won with 63xx, no 2 also 63xx, no3&4&5(me) 61xx. 

So yes, I finished 5th again. 😭 Though this is less painful, it's where I ended up doing my best score. Not like last time when I was the 5th with the max score, but just too late. Net is changes nothing of course, I'm still fucked. xD 

again.jpg

Edited by DHarry
Add ss
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Habi said:

in my d1 on nutaku it was 69xx - the score wasnt unexpected because he was at least 20 lvl above everyone else and almost boosted every time I checked

Finished 4th place after not getting down from this 15 place for quite a time, pushed in the last 5 minutes to 4 for 90 kobans, still a lot better than 5-15 but not what I was hoping for

edit: in the old system I could probably have taken first place, because I won against him after the league started (and a rush would most likely have succeded - but who knows if he also would have been online, if he had to)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

finished 7th last season in D3 ..............the game runners have achieved what they have set out to do, which was forcing all the players in the league

to be fully boosted for all their battles if they want to have any chance of finishing in the top 4 in the standings

With my usual luck, I fell asleep and awoke two minutes before daily reset, unable to spend all the tokens I had left, so, instead of missing just six battles, i missed 16. Luckily I lost only the experience, as this was not enough to pull me down one reward tier, as in the end I was at 28th place.

My new Dicktator II started immediately as quite harder than the previous, probably due to the fact that players in the first week of the new scoring system has already realized that boosters have kept their power, to not say gained more importance. I will probably have to thank my recent club membership if I will survive in a decent manner from now on.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:51 AM, jelom said:

6037 points and 5th place, with only 24 hours with medium boosters. An unexpected good outcome, considering there were seven top players constantly or almost constantly max boosted. Only lost 10 battles.

You are 5th now too, but with less points. This post greatly confused me until I looked at the timestamp. 😂

I ended up having to once again wait it out for a good 2 days straight to allow the others to catch up Points wise but when I returned and saw Myself in 24th place, I immediately did a Fight but only moved up by one spot. I did another and was instantly shot up to 14th, a couple hours before reset. 😨 I panicked for quite some time until someone heroic came to My rescue and knocked Me down to 16th, where I remained. The new system makes gauging scores quite difficult as some Fights can go a little too well and put You just over a certain desired position but not doing a Fight could result in a drop to 30th or below. I suppose the opposite applies to D3 eh? 😅 Either way, great Season and with the added buffs to most players' stats, I wonder how this Season will go? 🤔

20190815_110744.jpg.dc4a65d0824002cf581a4177f2e3f547.jpg