Stopping as forum moderator.

Chthugha

After about 8 to 9 months of being a moderator, I've decided so stop doing it.
Earlier this year Jessie asked me time and time again if I could become forum moderator.
I didn't do it at first, because I don't like moderating, I have to do enough of that in my daytime job as teacher, so the last thing I want is my free time to be dominated by the same thing.
In the end I gave in, basically just for Jessie.
When Jessie stepped down as Community Manager in september, my initial thought was: time to step down as well.
My extrinsic motivation for doing this had been taken away.
In the end I decided to give it a go for a couple more months, but now the time has come to really quit the "job".
It's requiring too much of my time, and that's something I have less and less of lately with my job demanding more and more time.
I've send an e-mail to Kinkoid, and given them the chance to find replacements this month.
Starting 2019, or when Kinkoid decides to take away the role, whatever happens first, I will no longer be your moderator.
I will stick around as member of the community, but I'll be glad I don't have to be here every day.

I wish my successor, whoever that may be, the best of luck.

~Chthugha

• Like 4
  • Thanks 17
  • Sad 8

Hey, you and I didn't see eye to eye often enough, but I have always respected you and your role.  I felt you did it fairly and (mostly) constructively.  For Jessie to have head-hunted you means that she saw qualities in you that HH could use to communicate effectively with the rest of us.  Re. Jessie, I'm forever fascinated and obsessed by the revelation in the Wiki that Mala was inspired by her, but I guess I'll never know why.  Good luck to her in her life's path too.

So you are a teacher.  I used to be one before my role in the nature conservation and environmental movement, as well as writing weird fantasy stories and novels.  I do know this, I lack the discipline and social skills ever to be an effective moderator.  It is, I imagine, calling on special abilities.

The best of luck to you in whatever your life after HH.  I, for one, will actually miss you and the advice you have offered without fear or favour.  Thank you, Chthugha, for being a moderator and making such a good job of it.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the hard work over the last few months Dr. C.

It has been a pleasure to have you as moderator/big brother. I hope you will still enjoy the game as a normal community member. I am sure we will see you around on the forum as well.

greetz, :P

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

Thanks for all the hard work over the last few months Dr. C.

It has been a pleasure to have you as moderator/big brother. I hope you will still enjoy the game as a normal community member. I am sure we will see you around on the forum as well.

greetz, :P

Big Brother is watching you 👀

• Like 2

I can imagine how tiresome this can get, especially when you didn't really wanna do it in the first place.  I know you struggled with your own issues of moderating, finding a balance between players and sympathizing with them, and trying to get the devs more involved in communicating with the playerbase.  I'm sure there's choice words you could have with both sides and things that frustrate you.  And I thank you for the work you did, you never seemed overly harsh to anyone, regardless of if opinions on subjects were different.  I bet it'll be nice to not have the mod title hanging over your head and be able to interact with everyone as just another player again.

Thank for your work. You were a good moderator, always correct and civil, sustaining the devs when it was necessary but telling your opinion when it was correct to do it, and even ready to make one step back if you realized that you missed to consider something, a rare quality in a moderator. I think the forum is losing a strong column, one that will be difficult to replace, with all due respect for your successor. It is probably due to your efforts, especially to your open letter to PorcoRosso, if HH forum users now get better attention by the devs. Hope to see you soon on these pages.

Thank you for your service!  I haven't been here long but you've managed to reply to my questions and comments several times and with surprisingly rapid response.  It's been appreciated, but I think I'll appreciate even more once you've stepped down. :D  We'll be hard-pressed to find someone as capable and committed.

Edited by ZackMacKenzie
fixing ambiguity
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic