Patch Notes 12/12/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

15 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

No, I am thanking you guys, because people cannot seem to react in a normal way.

then how about a DETAILED CHANGELOG... it's a very useful thing people devs use to convey their changes to their fanbase instead of giving a few hints and going "*giggle* wait for the patch release *giggle*"

Everybody is immediately sarcastic and salty without knowing further details.
It was like that when I was hired, and it's still like that.
It clearly isn't working, because everything people were rebelling against, are here in the game right now.

yes... and some changes that i hated in patch notes, i still hate them after being implemented... and guess what, they are to stay.

If we actually wait for the actual content to be released, then we can judge it for what it is, and not for what we think it is

and if we don't like it?

People's judgments on first thoughts are often misleading and based on things we already know (like the ~10% in single epic pachinko, which is something people pick based on absolutely nothing).

did you blaze past my 12000 kobans spend to get NO GIRL point?

On the matter of the person I warned: off course you aren't seeing anything bad... I am a moderator, I can hide or delete comments like that. If I feel they are toxic, I'll remove them from sight. I don't need you to tell me what's over the top. (Again an excellent example of how a first thought can be very misleading.)

i clearly stated that i judged from what i saw... just a suggestion, if you hide/delete the comment of a person, quote it too so others can see and KNOW what he did that ticked the mods off. i don't have omnipotence to know it all and the way you warned it felt more like the censorship's in threads just like the ones  i've been seeing at other game threads.

Edited by johntrine
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

No, I am thanking you guys, because people cannot seem to react in a normal way.

Yes, we haven't been positive about this new update, but you also have to understand that the introduction of the new Pachinko hasn't been explained in enough details and that, 5 hours later and after all the negative responses, no one has come here to put those fears to rest... and that only increases our fears.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

It was like that when I was hired, and it's still like that.
It clearly isn't working, because everything people were rebelling against, are here in the game right now.
If we actually wait for the actual content to be released, then we can judge it for what it is, and not for what we think it is.
People's judgments on first thoughts are often misleading and based on things we already know (like the ~10% in single epic pachinko, which is something people pick based on absolutely nothing).

On the matter of the person I warned: off course you aren't seeing anything bad... I am a moderator, I can hide or delete comments like that. If I feel they are toxic, I'll remove them from sight. I don't need you to tell me what's over the top. (Again an excellent example of how a first thought can be very misleading.)

I could agrre with you, but unfortunatelly, I can't. Been playing the game for 1 year, and having seen 2 major updates with polemical first announcement on patch notes,

I remmember the Reboot for Mojo Counting when the PvP was unwelcomed by many players, as they thought the money they got as compensation for the lost work was meh... but to tell the truth iI didn't care for that.

But as I remmember, if we talk about the Leagues it has been a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING. The first patch notes where HIGHLY affected by the negative comments in a good way. Thus, I find a wave of negative comments a necessary signal for the devs when they are about to ruin the fun for the 'actual players" of his game. 

If I remember right, they used a 5 hours limit that would affect our lifes and sleep hours if we would like to play the game in compectitive way. Or in the normal way even, since they transfer half the normal experience we would get everyday to the Leagues. We saw a completely different thing between what was announced for the Leagues, and what was implemented JUST AFTER THE COMMENTS. 

Right now, this isn't just negative opinions, but really disappointed one that I see in this thread. And if you find this just as a Negative flood of opinions, and not as mere signal to step down a little and think carefully, well.... that's shame.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As far as I see this, WE are the players of the game. WE are the ones who invest our real money in the game, and it's because right now, we more or less DO HAVE FUN PLAYING IT. And HH has been growing for the past year due to the fact it has BEEN FAIR  to play, and attracting players 'cause of this. 

But sudden major changes with no explanation, that changes not just the GAMEPLAY, but the WHOLE GAME BALLANCE and even it MAJOR QUALITY, with images that CLEARLY show a moneyhunter style of RNG, and a very expensive one at this, it's clearly not suited for the masses that play this game.

With what we have right now, there are just three options

- This is only to try to take kobans and money from us in a terrible direct way, Which is even a little bit off the FAIRness, even among games of same gender and this terrible gambling approach

- This is a try to take the gambling players that play another nutaku games out there - And this is a act that wil renew completely the "motto" of this game, of being a free to play, and turn it into a "COME AND GIMME YOUR COINS" / "PLAYERS WITH FULL POCKETS ARE WELCOME"  

- They start to reflect, rebalance, and give us new information about the patch considering our appointments, and faking that they thought it from the start - Which would be at least welcome, since as we said: WE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR A REALLY LONG TIME . AND KEEPING THE SERVER ALIVE WITH OUR MONEY AND LOVE FOR THE GAME

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Well, thank you all for ruining my last couple of days as moderator -_-

There is yet to be determined how this event pachinko works.
Kaos let something slip on the discord server:
It is not possible to get more than one girl or more than one profile thing from a spin, but it is possible to get more than one equipment/gift.
That implies to me that you at least get two things for a spin.

As for all the negative doom thinkers and conspiracy theorists out here:
Please wait with that and make it based on actual results.
@DisgustingMarsupial consider this your final warning: your negativity is rather toxic, and I cannot allow that as long as I am still moderator.
Drop the sarcastic tone and all the conspiracy theories.
No, I don't like the look of the event pachinko myself, but that's no reason to start accusing Kinkoid based on your own imagination.

if there are no rules, how can this event pachinko be inserted in the next patch? why is it mentioned in the patch notes? people may be afraid because they do not know what awaits them! there might be 1800 kobons for one girl, or RNG for one girl, which usually means 10+ spins = 180000+ kobans:(

I personally do not know what to say, I'm waiting for info:)

I do not like the improvement:
   We optimized Javascript query to improve the overall performance of the game.

usually this means problems for the first few days, but I'm good at it, because it improves the game in the long run.

and if anyone knows a new calculator of experience and how it is calculated? More experience is a good thing, no matter for whom. I only hope that the old players will not lose out on it.
in the sense that old players will get more XP, only new players will get a lot more XP.
but if it's supposed to be like this: new players get a lot more XP and old players get less XP but in general all players will get a lot more XP, I do not like it either

we will see what will happen! There is not enough information yet. I think it will be good, in the end everyone cares about the game being better.

• Like 1

I think people overreacted in this thread.

As always I suggest patience until the patch is live and we can have some feedback from players about the new pachinko (a new thread named share your event pachinko results should be created in feedback folder). Looking at the image in the patch notes the only thing we know is: it will cost 1800 kobans x1 spin, there are no 10x and no guaranteed girl. We don't know the girl rate yet. If it is 25% or more, then it is fair for me, and if there are more than one prize in every spin more so.

A change only @fap.titans.gra has mentioned is:

It could be the solution (or a mitigation) to the recent performance problems of the game, especially playing in mobile. 

PS: I am suggesting patience in so many responses than perhaps i should change my name to Mr.Patience. 🤣:PxD

PS: Look at the reactions to the patch, they are mostly positive ... image.png.623c0ef68323df993061787432e4ebe2.png

Edited by jelom

The problem as I see it is this and that is that the developers do not really listen but they are looking for an easy way for you to spend more and more kovants.
It was asked ONLY that when there are ewventos the girl that you are of events until gasstarlas in Pachingo, not that you do another Pachingo with other different Drops to try to get it.
So in normal Pachingo or x10 if a girl comes out first give you one of the event until there are no event girls.

That was as simple as putting two or three codes to compare if there are girls of event to deliver and do between them a random of which gives you and not create a new system to spend Kovans.

And on giving more points of experience to the new players, the thing already tires. We have all had to get points and play time to get to the level we are, the normal is that more level more points recive and not to reward those who have a lower level, this way you only get who has been playing more time feel insulted and end up hating new players.

You are really getting demotivated and upsetting your own community of players, as well as making the game more and more a slot machine

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jelom said:

It could be the solution (or a mitigation) to the recent performance problems of the game, especially playing in mobile. 

It is certain, or just guesses? Is there an official info somewhere?

32 minutes ago, jelom said:

PS: Look at the reactions to the patch, they are mostly positive

the 80% reaction on patch notes is always positive, and I'm not saying that it will not be good,  but I remember updates 1)seconds disappeared from the taimers,  2)improving loading the harem (No harem 2.0 but improvement), e.t.c., I'm not talking about big updates, only tiny: always lags, problems with log in etc. for a few days, but then everything returned to normal, but it is normal for every development and improvement, but if it's only related to a mobile phone it's great.

Edited by fap.titans.gra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DisgustingMarsupial said:

All I ask for is transparency from the developers. This is an enormous change to how events work and the acquisition of girls. Instead of a detailed explanation, we're given a brief blurb that tells us absolutely nothing. The kind of surprises players love are events, girls, poses and affection scenes. The kind of surprises players don't like are unexplained radical changes to long established mechanics. 

I agree with that. They should be more detailed when revealing new stuff like this, especially if it's introduced so quickly.
However, that's not a reason to act the way you did.
It doesn't make your goal more achievable, it only drifts it away from you.

1 hour ago, johntrine said:

i clearly stated that i judged from what i saw... just a suggestion, if you hide/delete the comment of a person, quote it too so others can see and KNOW what he did that ticked the mods off. i don't have omnipotence to know it all and the way you warned it felt more like the censorship's in threads just like the ones  i've been seeing at other game threads.

The point is that I hide them so that nobody reads them again.
Those posts are toxic, and should not be visible.
I would be shooting in my own foot by quoting them.
Again, I don't need your advice about these things.

1 hour ago, johntrine said:

then how about a DETAILED CHANGELOG... it's a very useful thing people devs use to convey their changes to their fanbase instead of giving a few hints and going "*giggle* wait for the patch release *giggle*"

and if we don't like it?

did you blaze past my 12000 kobans spend to get NO GIRL point?

I agree that they should release more detailed patch notes, because this leads to these kind reactions all the time.
It would just completely take away every doubt that is created right now.
However, they lead to these kind of reactions, because of the people who are reacting just as much as the patch notes being incomplete.
It's very possible to react in a normal fashion, and not like a pack of rabid dogs.

If you don't like the released content, then write constructive feedback about it when it is released and you know what it is.
All this speculation is leading you nowhere, especially if it turns out differently from what you right now are guessing it to be.

What on earth does that have to do with what you quoted... What I am saying is that people are taking anything they know from the game and apply it to new features. That's just as much guesswork as anything I pull out of thin air.

1 hour ago, Eman said:

Yes, we haven't been positive about this new update, but you also have to understand that the introduction of the new Pachinko hasn't been explained in enough details and that, 5 hours later and after all the negative responses, no one has come here to put those fears to rest... and that only increases our fears.

That's the nature of their patch note releases.
They post it on the end of the working day, and read all the feedback the next working day.
If they feel the need to react to it then, they'll do so.
And again, yes, I want more details as well in patch notes, but there is nothing to judge as long as we don't actually get them.
It's basically just an announcement for a new feature right now without further information on how it works.
Still no reason to overreact the way people are overreacting.

1 hour ago, Fern109 said:

I could agrre with you, but unfortunatelly, I can't. Been playing the game for 1 year, and having seen 2 major updates with polemical first announcement on patch notes,

I remmember the Reboot for Mojo Counting when the PvP was unwelcomed by many players, as they thought the money they got as compensation for the lost work was meh... but to tell the truth iI didn't care for that.

But as I remmember, if we talk about the Leagues it has been a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING. The first patch notes where HIGHLY affected by the negative comments in a good way. Thus, I find a wave of negative comments a necessary signal for the devs when they are about to ruin the fun for the 'actual players" of his game. 

If I remember right, they used a 5 hours limit that would affect our lifes and sleep hours if we would like to play the game in compectitive way. Or in the normal way even, since they transfer half the normal experience we would get everyday to the Leagues. We saw a completely different thing between what was announced for the Leagues, and what was implemented JUST AFTER THE COMMENTS. 

Right now, this isn't just negative opinions, but really disappointed one that I see in this thread. And if you find this just as a Negative flood of opinions, and not as mere signal to step down a little and think carefully, well.... that's shame.

We had a lot more information about the leagues then we have about this feature.
That means people could give informed and constructive feedback opposed to this unbased nonsense we have.
Two completely different scenarios.

1 hour ago, fap.titans.gra said:

if there are no rules, how can this event pachinko be inserted in the next patch? why is it mentioned in the patch notes? people may be afraid because they do not know what awaits them! there might be 1800 kobons for one girl, or RNG for one girl, which usually means 10+ spins = 180000+ kobans:(

I personally do not know what to say, I'm waiting for info:)

Why would you be afraid of something you know so little about 🤔
More details would be nice.
If it's a terrible feature, it's a terrible feature, and I wouldn't blame people to act like this.
Act like this beforehand, and you lose to yourself.

• Like 1

Not much point to saying lets wait and see how good it is as the devs never tell us the drop rate.  Unless something is guaranteed it's going to just be speculation based on personal experience and small data sets, like many other things in the game.  The devs have a history of taking good suggestions and working out how to make players spend more kobans when they implement them so I won't hold my breath that this is going to be any different.  It seems to me the main purpose of this new pachinko design is to make the whales spend more money during every event as they already have all the epic pachinko girls so can buy event girls for 5400 kobans each, now they are going to have to deal with RNG and most likely spend more (unless the new drop rate is 1/3 or higher).

• Like 6

As always i am pretty negative about this new update and i try to find wrongs or mistakes (just my opinion though) but this is feedback after all and the devs may like it and think of ways to make their new features better.

• Increase in experience gained for victory in arena, especially for lower level players.
  • Increase in experience gained for finishing daily mission, especially for lower level players.

Yeah, more exp. for lower levels yayy, because as everyone knows lower levels require WAY more exp. than the higher levels do to level up.

• We optimized Javascript query to improve the overall performance of the game.

I hope for no more HH_1 errors (or whatever it's called) and no more lag (especially when a new league season begins)

And as for the new event pachinko well, i really hope that the girls are guaranteed drops but this isn't my concern what i would really love is for a better way to get upgrades, so far (since early August) i've played 250 pachinko games (or 25 times x10 pachinko to be more accurate) and i got nothing at all, my highest level legend item is 204 and i am 264lvl currently.

• Like 1

I am hoping that Java thing means I can go back to playing this game on Firefox, but I must admit this Pachinko change up gives me grave concerns, Only way I see the 1800 kobans a pull EVENT Pachinko NOT being a complete disaster is if after the introduction event the girls come back for revival events in EPIC Pachinko. Cause making it more expensive to be first to have a girl will certainly go over a lot better then having all future new girls minus the mission and boss fight girls only in this Event Pachinko.

I think the best example I can give is Kabam's Star Wars: Uprising and EA's Galaxy of Heroes, which came out a couple of months apart. SWU had a Diablo type playstyle and a great storyline, a weekly raid event where the entire server would come together and attempt to drive the Galactic Empire off a planet, SWGOH is a collection type game with no actual storyline aside from a few unique missions that are cycled and change weekly, clans can fight each other, and so many raids you might think you actually are playing World of Warcraft instead.

Uprising has been shutdown and GoH is still ongoing. Uprising's failure was it eventually devolved into only being possible to progress only by wallet warriors from an atrocious RNG slot machine for gear you didn't really need save for the fact it upped your character rating enough to attempt higher level missions that would be LOCKED OUT if your rating was not high enough. Players complained for OVER a year literally begging the devs to make changes, up to and including: getting rid of rating requirement lockouts, making the gear event grinds, making the slot machine cheaper/RNG cheaper, actually selling the gear outright. Shortly before it closed they actually finally went with the last idea and you could use Chromium (Their version of Kobans) to buy yourself a full set of 7 star gear, which I happily bought (Ironically all of it was with free chromium as special buy events were the ONLY things worth spending it on and were few and far between.) and enjoyed being able to finish previously unavailable missions, and was disappointed but not surprised when the shutdown was announced shortly after since while improvements were coming, they came too late.

Star Wars Galaxies of Heroes, despite being from EA (I am sure most will know of the whole Battlefront II Loot Box Fiasco), actually got monetizing it right. (Believe me, I absolutely HATE admitting this) It isn't Pay to Win, it's Pay to be first to have the new character along with what is needed to upgrade them, after which those characters are available to grind for the rest of us, who already get to try out the character during their introductory missions where you get what you need to unlock a few stars for them. So even those that would go full Wallet Warrior and found themselves unwilling or unable to continue spending could still keep playing the game and actually make some progress.

Bottom line is it isn't wrong to try and get people to give you more money (Which is obviously what is expected to be a high priority for the developers since no money = no game) but you never EVER go and make a Free to Play game full on Wallet Warrior as you'll eventually lose them and be stuck with players who rarely/never paid who will be so jaded they simply won't trust you enough to spend more/start spending.

• Like 1

People are tired of random mechanics in online games. Especially when it comes to buying for real money, with an unknown droprate and no alternative to pay more, but guaranteed to get what you want. Lutboks everywhere and they already annoy everyone. Therefore, such a reaction to this patch.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lemus said:

People are tired of random mechanics in online games. Especially when it comes to buying for real money, with an unknown droprate and no alternative to pay more, but guaranteed to get what you want. Lutboks everywhere and they already annoy everyone. Therefore, such a reaction to this patch. 

And that's the truth! RNG = gambling, and in addition, RNG has no clear rules. I always prefer to spend 10xEP, rather than doing 1xEP 10 times,  after all, you know that you do not do EP for equipment, gifts or books. Only for girls.  That's why it's better to have a guaranteed girl = less generally spent real money, clear rules.
but we still do not have official info! Maybe the creators will surprise us,  and we will be very happyI count on it. I hope that for 1800 kobons a girl will be guaranteed and all the complaining of all people will be for nothing! :D

Edited by fap.titans.gra
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

but pretty good (whatever that means)

this is immeasurable, for some 1-2 it is good, for others 19-20 it is good, and the RNG is still there,  and before the patch we had a  guarantied girl in 10EP  for 5400 kobans. From a mathematical point of view to be comparable it would have to be max 3 events pachinko = 5400 kobans.

we will see how it will be online

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

its not guarantied, but pretty good

that can only mean that is like single EP: the girl is not guaranteed, but the rate is higher than EP (than we know is around 10%). It has to be costlier than Epic Pachinko, so my guess is it will fall between 20% and 30%

Btw since this is basically a loot box and there are laws in the EU requiring to release the odds of winning a price in these loot boxes (see current Belgian and NL law) will you release the odds of winning a girl in the Event pachinco?  As a simple way higher is basically not enough. Statistical percentage will suffice in aiding the people making the right decision on whether to basically gamble away or not....

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

First, as stated in the patch notes, regarding the epic pachinko, nothing else will change.

you're removing the event girls from there which i think is called a "change" in english but ok... let's read ahead.

20 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Whenever the Event Pachinko is online, the Event girls will be only available in the Event Pachinko. Nothing else changes, and that is why we don't speak about it more.

again. that wasn't the thing that ANYONE here is doubtful about. i'm sure everyone understands that. we are not that dumb. anyone who read "event" pachinco" could tell you what it's suppised to be by name and without reading the patch notes.

22 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Regarding the event pachinko itself, the girl is not garanteed

aaaaaand there you have.

22 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

The chance of getting a girl has been calculated in accordance with the price of the pachinko.

which could be 99%, 9% or even 0.000000000000000000000009% who knows! we don't...

23 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We can confirm that it is way higher than the current Epic Pachinko.

yes..... let's just take your word for it... not like we got anything else to look at to get at the idea of % chance which might i add is so dumb... why not add the % chance visibility of the item and girl drop for people to see... at least tell us why NOT should it be visible?

25 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

The goal of this pachinko is to complete the Epic Pachinko, not compete with it.

that sentence makes no literal sense and i'll show you why?

26 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

The goal of this pachinko is

which one? event? epic?

27 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

The goal of this pachinko is to complete the Epic Pachinko

complete? how? as more girls are added, the girls in epic pachinco increases so you can truly never get them all... unless all your new girls are moved to a new and mor expensive pachinco.... ooooooohhhh right...

28 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

The goal of this pachinko is to complete the Epic Pachinko, not compete with it

28 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

not compete with it.

so does this mean that event pachinco is not supposed to compete with epic pachinco? how was it doing so in the past? and how is competition bad? and how was it harming before? was it because people started to horde their kobans for the anniversary event to get a bunch of girls. which might i add didn't go well for me, but hey.... apparently it did for others...

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, imoenbg1 said:

Btw since this is basically a loot box and there are laws in the EU requiring to release the odds of winning a price in these loot boxes (see current Belgian and NL law) will you release the odds of winning a girl in the Event pachinco?  As a simple way higher is basically not enough. Statistical percentage will suffice in aiding the people making the right decision on whether to basically gamble away or not....

isn't france part of eu...

it totally is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_state_of_the_European_Union

36 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Regarding the event pachinko itself, the girl is not garanteed. The chance of getting a girl has been calculated in accordance with the price of the pachinko. We can confirm that it is way higher than the current Epic Pachinko. Every reward of this new pachinko has been balanced with its price.

The goal of this pachinko is to complete the Epic Pachinko, not compete with it.

I don't really understand what you mean by "the price has been calculated" but whatever, for players like me, bananajoy and many others our epic pachinkos are totally empty and i was getting the new girls from epic pachinko as soon as they become available and i don't have a problem paying 5400 kobans for each of them.

but with the new event pachinko and the girls no more being guaranteed drops it's the same as the boss battles, many players will spend 10k+ kobans and they won't get the girls not only that but epic pachinko becomes even more useless because i was only using it to win the new girls and this means that i will never play it again.

So those pachinkos doesn't complete or compete one another, event pachinko just makes the epic one obsolete when you manage to collect all the girls.

• Like 6