Too many losses in Arena lately

MisterCat

This has been the result of nearly all my arena attempts lately:

image.png.c96b7ed24b87f60068953d094d1c31bc.png

I reshuffled my team to give girls besides my 5-star charm squad, and have dropped hundreds of mojo, but Arena opponents don't seem to adjust in difficulty.  I just get more losses and it takes days to finish the 'daily' quest now.  Anyone else seen this result after changing around girls?

Please don't respond with 'you can do better if you do this or that', the question is about how the game responds, not how to min/max the game from the player side.

• Haha 1

Is this you? If this is you then you are losing a lot of ego and power by the multiple class items you are using. I recently chamged from nothing but legendary multi stat items to nearly all single stat epic items with one single state legendary and multi stat item and say a jump in ego by around 20,000 points along with having 2 5 star legendary girls. Another thing i have done in the past month or so is go into market and raise my states with cash by simply spending millions into points into mostly the two stats that help raise my ego. At my level of 303 i have 2 stats maxed and will soon start working on the last as well. 

Capture+_2019-01-05-22-11-20.png

4 hours ago, MisterCat said:

Please don't respond with 'you can do better if you do this or that', the question is about how the game responds, not how to min/max the game from the player side.

Well, since you don't want to be told what to do, I'll just observe that it's really puzzling to see your omega being stronger than your beta. That aside, I'm not sure what you're expecting - your combination of girls and equipment makes you very, very weak for your level. Your arena opponents are real players, and while there are loads of players whose squads have deficits of some kind, your current one manages to combine nearly all possible deficits that I can think of (bad equipment, less than stellar girls, bad lineup construction, an under-levelled beta, and very few market stats purchased).

In theory your opponents do get easier as your mojo total decreases, but you're giving up so much ground to a typical player that there just aren't that many who are similar to you. I'm not sure there's any section in the mojo ladder where level 264 / 108k ego will actually beat a significant share of the available opponents.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

This happened to me a few months ago, around August or September, when the Arena just became a lot harder all of a sudden. I still don't know why.

Sadly, the game isn't well balanced, and the players that focus only on their main stat get much, much stronger and with a lot more Ego thanks to the 5x bonus than balanced players.

The only thing I found out that worked was to upgrade all my stats until I reached the max level, and go with single stat equipments (but only for Arena fights, for the rest I still use a balanced equipment).

8 hours ago, jaysen said:

@fiel he is talking about the daily 16 fights needed in the arena. And now that i think about tjey really neef to change it so that it resets like the missions daily even if you dont finish all 16 fights. Sorry i digressed

but with his level only 11k ego. did he ever spent a single point in his stats. so he has no real reason to complain cause never put any effort in it. 

2 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

but with his level only 11k ego. did he ever spent a single point in his stats. so he has no real reason to complain cause never put any effort in it. 

The whole letting it change over daily is more a complaint from me. I fight in their regardless for exp more then anything but just don't get why its called daily if you can take several days to finish. As for him he really wants a cheat of some kind to make his character stronger without spending the cash earned from girls, missions, or fights. Thats really how i see this thread

5 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

then u r doing something wrong. ofc u cant win everything but the 16 fights shouldnt be a problem to do in a day if u r an active player

Not really, if your hero is way too weak sooner or later you won't be able to win 16 fights in a day, even if you are an active player. It happened to me with my test accounts on NU and TS.

If I understand correctly, the main problem of MisterCat is the fact that his opponents in the Arena, despite his continual losses, does not get adjusted to his combat strength. I think you had to remember two things: the adversary pool is first based on your mojo points, and then enemies are chosen (guys correct me if I am wrong, my memory always fail me on this) by the +-15 levels and +-10k EGO pools (at least one, if possible, else the game will give you bots to fight, but with thousands of active players this should be a rare occurrence). Moreover, you have to remember that your mojo rank is not instantly updated in the Tower of Fame, but only every four hours. In the past, when I had to wait to lose enough mojo to get adversaries at my level of strength, I had to fought continually losing battles for no less than five days in a row (fighting three battles every half hour with the exception of sleep and personal engagements time). You had better to remember also that, even when your arena opponents seems evenly matched to your strength, you can anyways obtain a loss, due to the particular class and combat systems of the game. Being this a game more than half based on combat, knowing how to build the best combat team is quite fundamental.

• Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

I think you had to remember two things: the adversary pool is first based on your mojo points, and then enemies are chosen (guys correct me if I am wrong, my memory always fail me on this) by the +-15 levels and +-10k EGO pools (at least one, if possible, else the game will give you bots to fight, but with thousands of active players this should be a rare occurrence).

It's +-15 levels and +-1000 mojo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Observer_X said:

If I understand correctly, the main problem of MisterCat is the fact that his opponents in the Arena, despite his continual losses, does not get adjusted to his combat strength.

He hadn't really lost that much. At the time this thread was started, the OP's weekly mojo ranking showed him at about -700. That's very low in general terms, given that 99%+ of players will have a positive tally for the week, but it really doesn't turn over your set of opponents to that great of a degree, considering the personal mojo "bubble" is 2000 points wide. And as mentioned, if your build is weak relative to the whole player population, not just relative to your mojo zone, then decreasing your mojo won't achieve much.

The main problem is that there just aren't many super-casual players up at level 264. Below level 100 you can probably find plenty of arena opponents who are rocking silly squads like a 3-star Bunny as alpha for a know-how player, just because they've never invested much time and effort into their player character (and might no longer be active in the game at all anyway), but above level 200 we're talking about people who've spent at least the equivalent of six months of active playtime. That makes it quite unlikely to be able to survive with a really weak build.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 1:50 PM, jaysen said:

@fiel he is talking about the daily 16 fights needed in the arena. And now that i think about tjey really neef to change it so that it resets like the missions daily even if you dont finish all 16 fights. Sorry i digressed

Agreed. Then the final reward can have a higher chance of being something nice/useful too as it is harder to get consistently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DHarry said:
On 1/6/2019 at 5:50 AM, jaysen said:

Agreed. Then the final reward can have a higher chance of being something nice/useful too as it is harder to get consistently. 

Hey, I like this idea. They could start everybody with a clean arena slate every day and give progressively better prizes at 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 wins. (?? 4=cash, book, item, gift, 64=fists ??)

Regardless of what girls and/or equipment you're using or how many stat points you've bought, eventually you will reach this plateau. Any easier opponents and you will advance a level, any harder opponents and you will decrease a level. You're losing in the arena because whatever formula is checking if you're ready for the next level.

• 2 weeks later...

So to update the experiment, more mojo has been lost.  The number of losses has slowed (a little) but remains about 4 in 6.  My conclusion is that the algorithm for  matching players isn't flexible enough to allow players to use leagues to easily level up non-5 star girls (ie, non-optimized for league fights).  Not sure if I find this as a fault in the game design or not.  And before anyone jumps in, yes, I haven't bothered to buy much for stats or try to obtain uber-gear or any of the other things to improve my league standing.  I only care about winning fights to get XP for the girls in my battle team and more affection (though I'm nearly complete when it comes to affection, only 3 stars left to buy).  My goal is to have all my girls at top star level, then as that is complete, to level them all up to max level.   Should I ever finish those goals, then I'll start spending cash on my stats.

25 minutes ago, MisterCat said:

So to update the experiment, more mojo has been lost.  The number of losses has slowed (a little) but remains about 4 in 6.  My conclusion is that the algorithm for  matching players isn't flexible enough to allow players to use leagues to easily level up non-5 star girls (ie, non-optimized for league fights).  Not sure if I find this as a fault in the game design or not.  And before anyone jumps in, yes, I haven't bothered to buy much for stats or try to obtain uber-gear or any of the other things to improve my league standing.  I only care about winning fights to get XP for the girls in my battle team and more affection (though I'm nearly complete when it comes to affection, only 3 stars left to buy).  My goal is to have all my girls at top star level, then as that is complete, to level them all up to max level.   Should I ever finish those goals, then I'll start spending cash on my stats.

It's true that you will get weaker players after you have lost a lot of mojo but if you do 16 wins a day or more against the weaker players then you will gain back more mojo than you get for losing.

which is why you should actually improve your character to get stronger but you would also have to use the free class change to stop being the weakest class which is charm.

This is your own choice on how to play the game since you refuse to make yourself stronger to win more battles than you lose because you will end up only losing 1 mojo for a loss but then you can gain 32 mojo for a win due to the low amount of mojo you have meaning you will have to lose 33 times to get the same mojo that you had before the win.

Other players reduce their mojo on purpose as well so that makes it harder to get non player bots that only give 1 mojo for a win because you will normally get more than 1 mojo from beating other players.

6 hours ago, MisterCat said:

Leagues dont provide any bonus of any kind to your girls. Id assume you're still referring to arena, but you used the correct term before and changed so I'm not certain.

• Like 1