12/Feb/2020 week 7 patch note discussion

Antimon

If the probability of obtaining a champion girl was really static across champion levels, we would have been seeing a ton more players who need the full 8 runs for any champion than players who need exactly 7. As far as I can tell that has not happened, so I'm reasonably sure the girl drop rate in fact increases as the number of possible alternative rewards goes down. At least so far. We'll see if we receive word from the devs whether or not orbs are really intended to be an un-removeable alternate award now that will always keep the girl drop from reaching 100%.

• Like 4

the champion girl drop rate is not insignificant for sure - but I have seen plenty of players who needed 8 for almost every one of the champions.
I personally have had a few low-level drops (1-2) but I have not noticed any increased chance for a drop as the levels progress.
In any case the backlash has been big and devs will certainly have to comment somewhere how it works from now on.

8 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

If the probability of obtaining a champion girl was really static across champion levels, we would have been seeing a ton more players who need the full 8 runs for any champion than players who need exactly 7. As far as I can tell that has not happened, so I'm reasonably sure the girl drop rate in fact increases as the number of possible alternative rewards goes down. At least so far. We'll see if we receive word from the devs whether or not orbs are really intended to be an un-removeable alternate award now that will always keep the girl drop from reaching 100%.

Not true, but we would be seeing fairly equal spread of getting a girl between runs 1-7, whereas if it was an increasing rate, more people would be getting them around 3-4-5 runs instead of having to do the full 8. Is there a thread where players share how many runs it took them to get one ?

Oh and Orbs are non-removable - I guess you missed it:

2 hours ago, Fern109 said:

I finished my last run on the last champion and surprise... bad news on the ass. The girl have a permanent percentage and you CAN go forever without the girl. 

My rewards for the exact 8th run was 2 pachinko orbs. The girl is still there, so as the pachinko orb as possible reward. 

So either their patch notes are lying about not decreasing chances or they are 'technically true' and it was always a static percentage, we just didn't care because we were guaranteed to get the girls after 8 runs.

Edited by LanceHardwood

2 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Not true, but we would be seeing fairly equal spread of getting a girl between runs 1-7

With a static drop rate? I think you need to think a little harder about this if that's what you believe.

2 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Oh and Orbs are non-removable - I guess you missed it:

You should work on your reading comprehension:

11 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

We'll see if we receive word from the devs whether or not orbs are really intended to be an un-removeable alternate award now that will always keep the girl drop from reaching 100%.

You must be rather new here if you're not considering the possibility that it's simply bugged at the moment.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Noacc said:

The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls.

So if that's true, the chances of getting a girl are this:
Stage 0 - 11.1% (1/9)
Stage 1 - 12.5% (1/8)
Stage 2 - 14.2% (1/7)
Stage 3 - 16.6% (1/6)
Stage 4 - 20% (1/5)
Stage 5 - 25% (1/4)
Stage 6 - 33.3% (1/3)
Stage 7 - 50% (1/2)
Stage 8 - 100% (1/1)

If this is not the case, you should create a topic in the buggy section to explain where the bug is in the game or in the patch description. To do this, you need screenshots, at least that at stage 8 you were given balls instead of the girl, and while they are not, I think it is too early to resent.

3 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

With a static drop rate? I think you need to think a little harder about this if that's what you believe.

You should work on your reading comprehension:

You must be rather new here if you're not considering the possibility that it's simply bugged at the moment.

Sorry I assumed we were applying the same common sense logic - Orbs being obviously intended as an additional non-removable reward for players to have something after getting all the girls and decorations. The stealth nerf to obtaining girls is just a bonus. As a whole this patch is a nerf to money gain and champions, disguised in the skin of a new feature.

To put some actual proper numbers to it...

With a hypothetical static drop rate of 15% for the girl and 85% for not-the-girl on every level, pre-orbs with the guaranteed drop on the eighth run:

On the first run:   15.00% (15% of all players)
On the second run:  12.75% (15% of the remaining 85% players who didn't already win the girl)
On the third run:   10.84% (15% of 72.25%)
On the fourth run:   9.21% (15% of 61.41%)
On the fifth run:    7.83% (15% of 52.20%)
On the sixth run:    6.66% (15% of 44.37%)
On the seventh run:  5.66% (15% of 37.71%)

And finally the remaining 32.05% on the 8th run. This would be an almost 1:6 ratio between girls obtained on the 7th run and those obtained on the 8th, but also a ratio of almost 3:1 between 1st run drops and 7th run. Neither of these appears to be even close to true, as far as I have seen.

Note that such a static drop rate couldn't be much higher than 15% because then we'd see even more players getting girls very early. With 15% the average would be 4.85 levels per girl, which anecdotally seems to be in the right ballpark...most reports I've seen were for about 25-30 levels to obtain all 6 girls.

Alternatively with girls assigned a 9% initial drop rate and the 7 other rewards 13% each, and their "space" on the loot table disappearing as they're won:

On the first run:    9.00% (9/100 of all players)
On the second run:   9.41% (9/87 of the remaining 91% players who didn't already win the girl)
On the third run:    9.92% (9/74 of 81.59%)
On the fourth run:  10.57% (9/61 of 71.67%)
On the fifth run:   11.45% (9/48 of 61.10%)
On the sixth run:   12.76% (9/35 of 49.65%)
On the seventh run: 15.08% (9/22 of 36.89%)
On the eighth run:  21.81% (9/9  of 21.81%)

(This would be an average of 5.14 levels per girl.)

If the initial percentages were 12.5% both for the girl and the other rewards, then each run would see 12.5% of the total player base obtaining the girl in this system. For demonstration purposes I've assumed a less favourable distribution with the 9% there, so it's biased towards later drops.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fern109 said:

I finished my last run on the last champion and surprise... bad news on the ass. The girl have a permanent percentage and you CAN go forever without the girl. 

My rewards for the exact 8th run was 2 pachinko orbs. The girl is still there, so as the pachinko orb as possible reward. 

Now I'm not saying you're lying, but could you post a screenshot of this? I'm kinda surprised no one else requested one in all the following responses.

Also there was previously a bug that affection items could drop before you obtained all the unique rewards, so that could have been reintroduced/poorly implemented on this feature, meaning you missed out on the girl.

3 hours ago, myhomie said:

Sorry, seems I accidentally caught you in a multi quote, had nothing to say here, and can't delete it via phone.

3 hours ago, Hotless said:

When they say 5 new daily missions this time they mean 5 more daily missions (which means more XP) or it's like the previous time which meant just new artwork and wording on the already existing missions ??

Please stop spamming the thread when you have already supplied the answer. It's obviously just more variety in flavour, not extra experience.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lust said:

Here's how I see it.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  They added Pachinko Orb's as the final prize/award in each Champion stage.  In the past after 4 tries to the final stage we were guaranteed to get the girl.  Now we have an extra award that will happen many times, how many we do not know.  That gives us more chances in pachinko

Just for clarity, in the past it was 8 clears to guarantee getting the girl. That was mentioned by several users after you posted, but also was before so thought you might still miss it.

• Like 3

I Don't like how only the highest players in Dicktator 3 can get a 10x epic orb, and get with it a free girl, while other player are like 100 lvl to low. and never reach the top 1

and i don't think u want that all the player they cant reach it need to stop play league to get lucky for a downgrade to try their luck a week later.

Maybe u need to make the League on lvl basement, like player with lvl 301-325 are in a league and player lvl 326-350...

11 minutes ago, KominoStyle said:

I Don't like how only the highest players in Dicktator 3 can get a 10x epic orb, and get with it a free girl, while other player are like 100 lvl to low. and never reach the top 1

and i don't think u want that all the player they cant reach it need to stop play league to get lucky for a downgrade to try their luck a week later.

Maybe u need to make the League on lvl basement, like player with lvl 301-325 are in a league and player lvl 326-350...

You've already posted this 8 hours ago. Please don't spam the thread with bad ideas. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You've already posted this 8 hours ago. Please don't spam the thread with bad ideas. 

yeah 8h before, so i posted it again because i don't think many ppl are going to look all old message, and i think this is something important.

that everyone should have the right to get a 10xEP orb, and not only the highest player.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 3

12 minutes ago, KominoStyle said:

yeah 8h before, so i posted it again because i don't think many ppl are going to look all old message, and i think this is something important.

that everyone should have the right to get a 10xEP orb, and not only the highest player.

That's not how forums work. If you start posting the same thing repeatedly in a thread, others will do the same and then there'll never be actual discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jokes aside, this update is a lot to take in, and, as usual, communication around it could have been better. There are several different points in the patch notes that are not as self-explanatory as the devs might have assumed, and a few subtle differences here and there between the FR and EN versions, as well (the FR version seems a bit more precise, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's crystal clear or 100% correct either). So I'll have to reserve my judgement on a number of these changes for now, until I see how they actually work.

Still, here are my first impression on the key changes as of this writing:

1/ Weekly Patch + Notes

Dropping the patch notes literally at the same time as the patch itself isn't great, but if this also means that we're going to get a weekly patch from now on, and that we can always expect it on Wednesday, that's good news. It should the game will keep improving and devs will be fine-tuning things and features at a steadier pace in the coming months.

2/ Orbs (in general)

Awesome concept. I'm eager to find out where, when and how we'll get opportunities to earn the orb types for which a way to get them hasn't been revealed yet.

3/ MP Orb from Daily Quest (instead of 2 tickets)

Strictly considering their respective koban prices, replacing the 2 champion tickets of the Arena daily quests (which cost 240 kobans, or at least 228 if you buy them in bulkd) with 1 MP orb (which costs 150 kobans) doesn't seem like an improvement. Having said that, we do get tickets from other places and some for free, whereas for MP x1 there's the one free spin per rotation and that's it. So I can also see value in the opportunity to get additional free spins for MP (on top of that, you can accumulate orbs and choose when to use them, I think/hope, so this adds a strategy element that the automatic free spin doesn't provide). 2 MP orbs would have been unequivocally better than 2 tickets, even in terms of koban prices, but I can still see this change being beneficial in the long run.

4/ Stage 5 Champions Orb Drops

The way it's phrased in the patch notes, and would seem fair and make sense to me, it should be an ADDITIONAL drop. As in, if I beat a champion's Stage 5 from now on, I'll get a drop of either one or two EPx1 orb(s) IN ADDITION to the usual theme, background, clothing item, or girl (or legendary gift if it's past the 8th pass), NOT INSTEAD of the regular drop.

The way it's currently shown in game, and seems to actually be working according to some player posts and screenshots in this thread... It would appear that the Orb drop isn't currently an additional drop, but rather an additional (and permanent) item in the pool of possible rewards. This doesn't sound right, and if it's not a technical issue, poor implementation, and/or unclear phrasing in the popup... then it's actually a problem for those of us who haven't already cleared all regular champion rewards (including and especially the girls).

If this actually means that the next time I beat Ryu's Stage 5, I can get 2 orbs INSTEAD of one of his remaining junk (not to mention Murane), then this can force me to beat him who knows how many more times than the previous maximum before I drop his girl. I'd rather not get orbs (yet) than having to go throuh any champion's full cycle more than 8 times just to clear their girl.

That's all, folks (for now).

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 5

My only complaint with this latest update has to do with communication. Changing the rules in the middle of multiple contests, games, and events is lousy. The notice should be given that the rules are going to change at the start of the NEXT affected activity, not in the middle of said activity. Put another way; if I did this during a D&D gaming session, my players would walk out of the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not about girls yet, but it might help someone to figure it out. Just closed stage 7, was supposed to get some junk for the hero's page, but instead gave the ball pachinko. The junk is still hanging in the awards. It's not really needed, but if it's the same nonsense with the girls, it's just a total asshole. Especially with the last champion who is very difficult to win, and he is even stronger every time and if you're unlucky then at some point at all it will not be possible to beat him, especially since they began to give two tickets a day less.

lolo.jpg.6b0b12ef4bb6bdc8cd994708052ff100.jpg

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Solion said:

was supposed to get some junk for the hero's page, but instead gave the ball pachinko. The junk is still hanging in the awards.

Thanks for the screenshot. Yeah, that's just poor implementation, and this turns what's meant to be a bonus into quite a big detriment. They really need to change this ASAP. Claiming it "doesn't change your odds to get the girl" when this effectively does by making the grind required to get the girl potentially much longer and tougher... That's just not right.

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

To put some actual proper numbers to it...

If your proposed "space" separation was the case, how would the different number of items mesh with the dev statement of not affecting drop chance.

I do understand however, that I was wrong in my assumption that the amount of players getting the girl before run 8 would be evenly spread out. Given the results you calculated for 15% I'd wager the actual static chance is in the ballpark of 10% or less.

And so, it happened again. Another patch notes with highly awaited game implementations, and again the major part of it was a big delusion. With some players even pointing in the direction of the scam.

Again, practically the only full positive thing that I found was the new 4 and 5 star poses for Sylvia and Cunegonde. The new story scroll and the new daily mission are welcome additions, but fall in the "ordinary things/updates" category, so nothing to shout about at the miracle.

And then, the new feature, the pachinko orbs. As far as I can tell, one of the most awaited additions of the last months, and one of the greatest delusions I had from new game mechanics. The only small advantages I saw reading the patch notes is the change in the daily mission rewards with Epic x1 orbs, as epic and legendary items sold for much more ymens than epic daily mission normal ymen rewards, and on the villains drop, for the same reason. All the other changes practically did nothing but reduce the resources available to the players: in the leagues the highest rewards in ymens have been eliminated (if I remember the numbers, not even a level 400 winner of Dicktator III by reselling ten equipment would get as many ymens as before), and this is to the detriment of all players, not just beginners, given that at the highest levels, in addition to the girls, also buying the upgrades to the statistics is not that it costs just two pennies (I don't know if it was mentioned before, but in my opinion, cutting the ymens is a way to force players to use kobans when upgrading girls' affection). This is without mentioning that the orbs are reserved only to those who are promoted to the next league or in any case reach the top 15 positions in Dicktator III, and this already cuts off a good slice of players, if we add that the free players who manage to to win in Dicktator III in all probability can be counted on the fingers, the result is that for the "normal" players the choice in the future will be between simply keeping a position below the 15th to obtain a limited amount of ymens (in comparison to before), or continue with the pendulum game (unless they can safely reach high positions in Dicktator III and make a choice), getting a promotion with reward orbs a week, and then chasing a demotion with virtually no rewards the following week (and given the amount and type of orbs up for grabs, in my opinion this last game possibility is no longer worth the candle). Moving on to the orbs in the champions, as soon as I saw the post confirming that Epic x1 had become a permanent reward in phase 5 of the champions (and seeing the rest of the orbs feature mechanics, I have my doubts that it is not intended), the first thing that came to my mind was "thank god I was lucky enough to already get 5, since now I will need centuries see Shtupra in my harem". The change of reward for the daily quest of the Arena was simply the icing on the cake, removing tickets for the champions (and therefore the possibility to earn other ymens) for one (not even two, one) Mythic x1, which when not giving avatar of zero value, grants legendary books and boosters that practically nobody would sell to get ymens.
Overall, however, what I consider a real grip for the bottoms towards the players, is the fact that the new feature has not even been fully inserted. In my humble opinion, the fact of having left out the explanations on how some orbs will be obtained indicates a lack of respect by the developers towards the players, as well as denoting a slapdash way of doing things (and the fact that the new patch notes will be notified and implemented the same day, IMHO tells the same thing; day which, moreover, is Wednesday and not Monday, which would give the devs more time to correct problems before the next weekend), which as an ex programmer I can say is a very bad thing in informatics, and it gives me the feeling that (it is not known how) the developers don't realize that things like these for them are real hoes on the feet. Of course, I can be wrong, but my feeling is that if this feature is not corrected as soon as possible, we will see a large slice of players escape the game at lightning speed.

• Like 1

I dislike these changes.  It is going to make it more difficult for me overall. Less cash means less leveling of stats and harem girls. The arena change is going to make it more difficult to beat the champions because it removes the amount of guaranteed tickets per day. It is already taking me up to three days to complete some champion stages. With less guaranteed tickets those stages maybe impossible to complete without spending kobans and energy which I rather not to.  The entire balance of this game has changed for me and not in a good way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

if I remember the numbers, not even a level 400 winner of Dicktator III by reselling ten equipment would get as many ymens as before), and this is to the detriment of all players, not just beginners,

Detriment of many, but not all. There are a significant number of long term players who have way too much ymens to know what to do with. They've also increased the amount of ymens players can gain with the extra stars on the alpha girls, and the new tier system for bosses has raised the income you can gain during events (depending where the bosses go, but FAB has said his next plan now that all the boss alphas are 5 stars is to focus on the rest of the boss tiers for a bit so the others will be coming). With those several increases to what we can obtain that we've had for a while now, it's not completely unfair for them to now scale back in other areas.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lemus said:

So if that's true, the chances of getting a girl are this:
Stage 0 - 11.1% (1/9)
Stage 1 - 12.5% (1/8)
Stage 2 - 14.2% (1/7)
Stage 3 - 16.6% (1/6)
Stage 4 - 20% (1/5)
Stage 5 - 25% (1/4)
Stage 6 - 33.3% (1/3)
Stage 7 - 50% (1/2)
Stage 8 - 100% (1/1)

If this is not the case, you should create a topic in the buggy section to explain where the bug is in the game or in the patch description. To do this, you need screenshots, at least that at stage 8 you were given balls instead of the girl, and while they are not, I think it is too early to resent.

Yep, this is the basic/standard statistics I know... like flipping a coin, you get a 50% chance of either getting tails or heads :) 

When you have 9 "drops"/different outcomes to get something, this is the %s of getting one of those items/outcomes by turn.

Of course, this does NOT account for the fact of having countless "drops" for a single repeated item. 

I agree with @_shal_ that the orb thing should be a bug.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Jokes aside, this update is a lot to take in, and, as usual, communication around it could have been better. There are several different points in the patch notes that are not as self-explanatory as the devs might have assumed, and a few subtle differences here and there between the FR and EN versions, as well (the FR version seems a bit more precise, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's crystal clear or 100% correct either). So I'll have to reserve my judgement on a number of these changes for now, until I see how they actually work.

Still, here are my first impression on the key changes as of this writing:

1/ Weekly Patch + Notes

Dropping the patch notes literally at the same time as the patch itself isn't great, but if this also means that we're going to get a weekly patch from now on, and that we can always expect it on Wednesday, that's good news. It should the game will keep improving and devs will be fine-tuning things and features at a steadier pace in the coming months.

2/ Orbs (in general)

Awesome concept. I'm eager to find out where, when and how we'll get opportunities to earn the orb types for which a way to get them hasn't been revealed yet.

3/ MP Orb from Daily Quest (instead of 2 tickets)

Strictly considering their respective koban prices, replacing the 2 champion tickets of the Arena daily quests (which cost 240 kobans, or at least 228 if you buy them in bulkd) with 1 MP orb (which costs 150 kobans) doesn't seem like an improvement. Having said that, we do get tickets from other places and some for free, whereas for MP x1 there's the one free spin per rotation and that's it. So I can also see value in the opportunity to get additional free spins for MP (on top of that, you can accumulate orbs and choose when to use them, I think/hope, so this adds a strategy element that the automatic free spin doesn't provide). 2 MP orbs would have been unequivocally better than 2 tickets, even in terms of koban prices, but I can still see this change being beneficial in the long run.

4/ Stage 5 Champions Orb Drops

The way it's phrased in the patch notes, and would seem fair and make sense to me, it should be an ADDITIONAL drop. As in, if I beat a champion's Stage 5 from now on, I'll get a drop of either one or two EPx1 orb(s) IN ADDITION to the usual theme, background, clothing item, or girl (or legendary gift if it's past the 8th pass), NOT INSTEAD of the regular drop.

The way it's currently shown in game, and seems to actually be working according to some player posts and screenshots in this thread... It would appear that the Orb drop isn't currently an additional drop, but rather an additional (and permanent) item in the pool of possible rewards. This doesn't sound right, and if it's not a technical issue, poor implementation, and/or unclear phrasing in the popup... then it's actually a problem for those of us who haven't already cleared all regular champion rewards (including and especially the girls).

If this actually means that the next time I beat Ryu's Stage 5, I can get 2 orbs INSTEAD of one of his remaining junk (not to mention Murane), then this can force me to beat him who knows how many more times than the previous maximum before I drop his girl. I'd rather not get orbs (yet) than having to go throuh any champion's full cycle more than 8 times just to clear their girl.

That's all, folks (for now).

Nice tidy up of the impressions 👌

My own take on them...

1/ I agree but an improvement could be releasing the "notes", for example, two days before the implementing of the patch.

That would give time for the players to know what's coming/happening and allow them to have feedback about that, which can also be a positive on their side.

2/ I like (or can accept) the concept but the jury is still out about the impact on the "economy" part of the game.

I also think we need to have a full idea of all ways on how to get every of the orbs and go from there.

Some things we're saying now, might not make sense when they tell us how we can get the other orbs we don't know yet.

3/ The (eventual) problem here is you're mostly trading (potentially) lots of $ for avatars. And progress in the champions overall. So, not looking good to me. You should really need lots of tickets to get it done (the daily contests should help but it depends on how well you do there, so it's not a given; here it was a given).

4/ This really should be a bug. Or at least, I hope so. It's insane to be otherwise lol

• Like 2

Okay, one of the points that were unclear to me from the notes got clearer when I saw my new missions for the day. Two missions give me rare flowers, and the third gives me a ticket. So in case anyone else was also wondering about this part...

Epic Daily Missions

• Replacing  Yhem/Equipment rewards from Epic Daily Mission with a chance for Epic x1 game 

...what it appears to mean is that SOMETIMES, you MIGHT get an EPx1 orb instead of a ticket or some junk. The rest of the time, those missions are the same as usual.