Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

22 hours ago, Max669 said:

It's not a matter of challenge, but whatever.

Back to the subject : Without spending any koban, I unlocked the first girl, and I'm currently on my first real bottleneck, at step #10 : Defeat 100 Villains.

With 20 combativity stored, 30 points obtained as rewards from the event's previous steps and 2 obtained from yesterday's contest, I'm currently at 52/100, which means I need 48 more Villain kills. We earn one point back every 30 minutes, so this single step will take me 24 hours (a bit less if I can get a couple of points from today's contest and daily quests). It's a pretty big deal for an event that only lasts 7 days... But it still seems to be feasible. For the next steps :

- 60 PvP wins = At the very least, if I win every Arena fight : 20 arena refreshes = 10 hours (as I said before, I get owned in the Tower of Fame so I can't count on wins over there)

- 80 Champion tickets : No idea how long it will take. I have 4 Champions unlocked, and all of them currently are at the boss stage so they're hard for me to beat, which, for once, is good. If I beat Champion #4, I'll also unlock #5, which is also good. Regardless, this step will also take quite a few hours, but if all goes well, I shouldn't have any 24-hour wait on this step

- 70 PvP wins = Again, counting only on Arena fights, it will take at least nearly 12 hours.

I think I can do it... For the record, F2P player, level 240.

in the next half hour i will have completed Step # 12:D ..............just like anything else in life money helps 9_9

I see people are chanting the "achievable by f2p players", but that's not what most complaints are about really. Yes, the event can be completed by anybody, with no kobans spent even, but that comes with several big conditions:

- knowing in advance that such an event is coming

- knowing in advance what the requirements will be

- hoarding items instead of selling them for currency which can then be used for upgrades

- hoarding champion tickets instead of progressing through champion levels regularly

- hoarding money instead of using them for upgrading girls and character stats

- spending resources in inefficient ways to satisfy the requirements

The unfortunate effect that some players are forced to spend their champion tickets in the worst way possible in order to get the required "performances" just takes the cake here. Even if I had hoarded 80 tickets I would have to practically waste half or more to achieve the absurd requirements, instead of using them efficiently and progressing twice the amount of champion levels albeit at a slower pace. It may also be necessary to spend money on things you don't need since you already have good gear for example. Purchasing XP/affection items is not going to be enough to satisfy event requirements for a lot of people. Upgrading girls you don't otherwise need is also a bit wasteful if you want to upgrade another one down the line but you just don't have the affection yet.

So to sum it up, this event encourages players to spend all their time when there is not a PoA-type event in hoarding instead of playing the game and when the event hits you're forced to spend resources in inefficient ways to satisfy the poorly balanced requirements.

Any other event where missions are involved can be completed with the simple investment of time, with no advance preparation needed, whereas here practically 3 weeks preparation is required for 1 week event time. So yes, while it might be achievable, even accepting a modest koban investment, the event in itself us very poorly designed in regards to how it connects with the rest of the game - namely it doesn't mesh at all with regular game play.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 2

7 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

- hoarding champion tickets instead of progressing through champion levels regularly

- hoarding money instead of using them for upgrading girls and character stats

Those two are my biggest concerns about this event. I am not hoarding ticket because im still farming the Champs to get their Girls (i got the Girls from the first three Champs). Also im spending money on my stats because i promoted way to early in the next leage and im getting stomped. Played 6 or 7 leagues in the new one and never placed hihhger than 55th.

Im way behind with the champs because i was around level 100 when they got released. It took me more than one week to even win the first fight at the first Champ.

Edited by Magic1986

1 minute ago, Country GUY said:

how do i unlock my cool down timer in the champions ?   there is no way i can get to the first girls with that timer stopping me 

Go to the champion that is cooling down. On that screen you will see a button that looks something like this
image.png.8d80eb496ace816bbab1b75203314eef.png

15 minutes ago, Country GUY said:

i saw that ,,is that all ??? is that the ONLY way ??? does a gold membership not unlock the champion ? i have not done the champions until now

The PLATINUM card removes the 15 minute waits between tickets, but yes nothing affects the 24 hour timer other than kobans and waiting.

5 minutes ago, Country GUY said:

oh no , so this event is for the rich and famous ONLY , there is no way unless one saved gold for what ? a year , maybe , event is bad in my book it suxs

It's possible for plenty of players who are free to play, or who actively play the game. In about two or three months of active play, you could easily have unlocked multiple champions, and/or gotten several of them to the point where they take a reasonable number of tickets per battle in order to clear. In your 8 months of play, how far have you progressed this feature?

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It's possible for plenty of players who are free to play, or who actively play the game. In about two or three months of active play, you could easily have unlocked multiple champions, and/or gotten several of them to the point where they take a reasonable number of tickets per battle in order to clear. In your 8 months of play, how far have you progressed this feature?

Let's not kid ourselves, the tickets requirement was designed to be a paywall. Otherwise even 20/40 would have been a sufficiently adequate ask of players. Or they could have asked for champion wins instead, which ties much better to player level as lower tier champions simply don't have the same ticket spending requirements as higher tiers, plus it would have removed the incentive to play tickets inefficiently in order to accumulate "performances".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In fairness, and at first glance, it's not easy to set up these tasks without either almost offering the girls or making it quite a drag to get them, even more so with such a huge gap between players.

If possible, there could/should be shorter paths but more options?

Like say.. path A, 10 tasks. If done, you can unlock path B, other 10 tasks, and so on. But with softer tasks?

Or have several paths and actually choose which one to do? (again with softer tasks)

The softer tasks, hopefully, would allow more flexibility and less inefficiency.

Another possible route.... several paths but the last task of each task would give partial shards of the girl? (of course, in a way that you could complete the girl at the end).

Just thinking out loud, don't shoot the messenger :D 

Just trying to add some alternatives, instead of only complaining 😅👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Let's not kid ourselves, the tickets requirement was designed to be a paywall. Otherwise even 20/40 would have been a sufficiently adequate ask of players. Or they could have asked for champion wins instead, which ties much better to player level as lower tier champions simply don't have the same ticket spending requirements as higher tiers, plus it would have removed the incentive to play tickets inefficiently in order to accumulate "performances".

I think Kinkoid may have looked too much at how many tickets the average player currently has to see what is reasonable, blown out by some various outliers that have posted their several hundred tickets (and in some cases even over a thousand) in this thread and others.

Kinkoid have proven on several occasions in the past that they don't have a lot of familiarity with how some people play the game. This disconnect between designer intent and actual play comes up in a number of other games too (not all of them yes, but a number of them). Now I admit to some bias in that I want to see an event that requires refinement, but I think you also have bias in wanting to assume malice where stupidity would suffice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LanceHardwood said:

knowing in advance that such an event is coming

We had similar event in the previous month, right? If you're a new player, first month you don't really care about events, you're still learning the game and have other things to achieve.

knowing in advance what the requirements will be

We had the event in the previous month, test server pre-release and a forum topic with all the info from the test server.

hoarding items instead of selling them for currency which can then be used for upgrades

You can't upgrade anything for selling these items, cause the sell-cost is low. Not really an argument.

hoarding champion tickets instead of progressing through champion levels regularly

I progress through champion levels regularly, didn't hoard anything (used all the 40 tickets from the legendary days right after the event to not miss 3 free tickets; just had 5 first places in the contests stashed for combativity contest and some free tickets left) and still able to finish the event. Magic?

hoarding money instead of using them for upgrading girls and character stats

It's a good thing to do. If you want to be efficient and get as much kobans as possible you will always hoard most of the money for contests and not using them for upgrade purposes. That's how it works.

spending resources in inefficient ways to satisfy the requirements

Eh? The only thing you spend somewhat inefficiently is hoards of grey and green boosters dusting in your inventory. You spend combativity for combativity task, tickets for champions, money - for upgrades. Eh?

So to sum it up, this event encourages players to spend all their time when there is not a PoA-type event in hoarding instead of playing the game and when the event hits you're forced to spend resources in inefficient ways to satisfy the poorly balanced requirements.

Any other event where missions are involved can be completed with the simple investment of time, with no advance preparation needed, whereas here practically 3 weeks preparation is required for 1 week event time.

Are you serious? 3 weeks of preparation? You must be kidding. We are probably playing different games.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Thinking 2

I´m a f2p player too and and I am at task XI 54/60. Next task will be no problem because I have lots of tickets to spend(257). I dont play champions anymore only if I have much time, because its no fun to fight Alban anymore and it takes way to long to beat him. I even still need his girl.

Also for me it will be no problem too to do all tasks without paying kobans.

Overall the event is no fun to play for me, but the rewards are nice.

And dont forget that next reset is also ToF reset so new opponents to beat for the PvP tasks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I think Kinkoid may have looked too much at how many tickets the average player currently has to see what is reasonable, blown out by some various outliers that have posted their several hundred tickets (and in some cases even over a thousand) in this thread and others.

Kinkoid have proven on several occasions in the past that they don't have a lot of familiarity with how some people play the game. This disconnect between designer intent and actual play comes up in a number of other games too (not all of them yes, but a number of them). Now I admit to some bias in that I want to see an event that requires refinement, but I think you also have bias in wanting to assume malice where stupidity would suffice.

Well, if we assume stupidity for all of Kinkoid's implementations then that has some very unfortunate implications about the developer team ....

As for not being aware how people play the game - I'm at a loss for words that any game developer would be so ignorant and careless as to the product they are developing upon which their income depends. It is therefore much more logical to assume intent, rather than the complete and utter idiocy that your suggestion would imply.

29 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

We had similar event in the previous month, right? If you're a new player, first month you don't really care about events, you're still learning the game and have other things to achieve.

You still have to be familiar with the event in advance, you're pointing out what exactly ?

We had the event in the previous month and test server pre-release.

Because 99% of the player population frequents the test server. Get real please.

You can't upgrade anything for selling these items, cause the sell-cost is low. Not really an argument.

Some of the items you receive are legendary, beyond nitpicking your point is invalid.

I progress through champion levels regularly, didn't hoard anything (used all the 40 tickets from the legendary days right after the event to not miss 3 free tickets; just had 5 first places in the contests stashed for combativity contest and some free tickets left) and still able to finish the event. Magic?

Well, you really have to teach me your ways on how to obtain 80-90 tickets in 5 days without spending a significant amount of kobans. If you paid 7200 then your argument doesn't really mean an average player can feasibly complete this does it ?

It's a good thing to do. If you want to be efficient and get as much kobans as possible you will always hoard most of the money for contests and not using them for upgrade purposes. That's how it works.

Well yeah, I do have the millions of cash required, but I save them for when I need to upgrade my stats or a girl. Throwing them arbitrarily at whatever just to "spend X amount of cash" is a waste, regardless if you have 10 million or 500mil.

Eh? The only thing you spend somewhat inefficiently is hoards of grey and green boosters dusting in your inventory. You spend combativity for combativity task, tickets for champions, money - for upgrades. Eh?

I guess I have to spell it out to be understood: I play only a single champion because that's the girl I need and even that champion doesn't take more than about 30 tickets per level. Having to spend tickets on any other champion for me is a waste, not to mention the fact that most of them I beat with 2-5 tickets. So in order to get 80 "performances" in less than 24 hours I would have to actively sabotage my stats in order to spend more tickets. And this whole thing costs me progress that otherwise I would have put towards obtaining the girl I need for my specialty. How is that for efficient ?

Are you serious? 3 weeks of preparation? You must be kidding. We are probably playing different games.

Yeah, you're right, you might be able to accumulate most of the things in less time, but for those whole 3 weeks you have to constantly check how you're spending your resources in order to make sure you have enough for the upcoming event. And then it turns out that the ticket requirement is about 4 times higher. But hey "we had the exact same event previous month, so you should be prepared", right ? I would rather have an absolutely new type of event where I have to spend more time in the game, than this type of event where you have to hoard and manage the rest of your play style to be able to complete certain requirements.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

il y a 45 minutes, Тёмный Властелин a dit :

We had the event in the previous month, test server pre-release and a forum topic with all the info from the test server.

Still, we couldn't know that we would need 120 tickets as in the test server only 40 were required (with 2*10 given).

Citation

So you got ~40 tickets (60-4*3-7) this fast (2 days) without spending kobans or energy ? This is hard to believe.

Edited by test_anon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, not going to go out on a limb here. Seeing as how my slow progress is going and I did blow most of my load into getting Darla. Nah I'm okay with attempting to get these ladies through Mystic Pachinko if possible... ever... meh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because 99% of the player population frequents the test server. Get real please.

and a forum topic. But yeah, if you want to get real, here is the reality for you - 99% of the people can't get all the stuff from any event in this game. I'll tell you even more. Most of the people (even here, on the forum) don't seem to read the patch notes and just press some random buttons on their phones from time to time in the game. Who wanted to know the info about the upcoming event, did it.

Well, you really have to teach me your ways on how to obtain 80-90 tickets in 5 days without spending a significant amount of kobans. If you paid 7200 then your argument doesn't really mean an average player can feasibly complete this does it ?

Event is 7 days long. And yeah, I am going to spend 7200 kobans, cause this time I have them and like the event overall and the girls in it. As regards "average" players, I think that if you're an "average" (what does that really mean?) player and want to get rewards worth several thousand kobans and 2 girls, then you have to either get a little bit of planning or "hoarding" (as you like to say) or pay some kobans (or real money) for that. Or get what you can for free and have 0 complaints whatsoever.

Well yeah, I do have the millions of cash required, but I save them for when I need to upgrade my stats or a girl. Throwing them arbitrarily at whatever just to "spend X amount of cash" is a waste, regardless if you have 10 million or 500mil.

Do you have all your stats maxed? And all the 5 star legendary girls affection stats from your battle team maxed as well? Sorry, but I don't believe you.

I guess I have to spell it out to be understood: I play only a single champion because that's the girl I need and even that champion doesn't take more than about 30 tickets per level. Having to spend tickets on any other champion for me is a waste, not to mention the fact that most of them I beat with 2-5 tickets. So in order to get 80 "performances" in less than 24 hours I would have to actively sabotage my stats in order to spend more tickets. And this whole thing costs me progress that otherwise I would have put towards obtaining the girl I need for my specialty. How is that for efficient ?

Oh, I see. I've already read something similar here on the forum in the "art topic threads". Somethig like "The art of the girl is awful that's why I won't spend resources for her and skip the event". You're just like them, skipping the other champion's and their girls cause you only need 1 and others are "a waste". Yeah, that's totally inefficient. From all points of view.

for those whole 3 weeks you have to constantly check how you're spending your resources in order to make sure you have enough for the upcoming event. 

Don't you do it for upcoming Legendary (or Epic, or Orgy) days?

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 3

I'm not gonna quote you so I dont bload the thread, but @LanceHardwoothe event isn't that hard for a f2p player that saved 7.2k kobans. Otherwise the 80 champions part is the big sharp step up in difficulty, simply because of the sheer cooldowns, it's taking me at least 2 days to finish that one and then at least 1 more for the last PVP task. I do think you're overblowing the difficulty in this event, but the paywall and the structure is what I'm really concerned with. Placing this event right after LD is really shitty, and I'm passing well because I didnt care about Darla 1 bit so I just snatched Levitya and thats it for me. The feasibility of the event within the game resources isnt the problem to me, it's the time management, and if it werent for the Wu Flu I'd definitely be skipping out on the 2nd half of the event- the time it takes for champion fights is a fucking lot. While they definitely need to tone down the requirements, the overall structure of the event isn't that bad. All of your problems would be solved with just a little bit of tweaking, so I do think you're overreacting.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

and a forum topic. But yeah, if you want to get real, here is the reality for you - 99% of the people can't get all the stuff from any event in this game. I'll tell you even more. Most of the people (even here, on the forum) don't seem to read the patch notes and just press some random buttons on their phones from time to time in the game. Who wanted to know as much as he can about the upcoming event, did it.

Event is 7 days long. And yeah, I am going to spend 7200 kobans, cause this time I have them and like the event overall and the girls in it. As regards "average" players, I think that if you're an "average" (what does that really mean?) player and want to get rewards worth several thousand kobans and 2 girls, then you have to either get a little bit of planning or "hoarding" (as you like to say) or pay some kobans (or real money) for that. Or get what you can for free and have 0 complaints whatsoever.

Do you have all your stats maxed? And all the 5 star legendary girls affection stats from your battle team maxed as well? Sorry, but I don't believe you.

Dude, you don't even understand what I am trying to say. And yes, average events can be completed by average players to obtain something. The only more challenging event in general is Legendary days with good reason, and even there you can get lucky and win a 5 star girl without spending a single koban.

I'm not really concerned whether you believe me or not, since you seem to be confused in general, but yes, I do have my stats maxed and all girls on my team at maximum stars/XP (that's two 5 star girls, and one 3star). 

37 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

Oh, I see. I've already read something similar here on the forum in the "art topic threads". Somethig like "The art of the girl is awful that's why I won't spend resources for her and skip the event". You're just like them, skipping the other champion's and their girls cause you only need 1 and others are "a waste". Yeah, that's totally inefficient. From all points of view.

Don't you do it for upcoming Legendary (or Epic, or Orgy) days?

Here I have to question whether you're even thinking before typing out this stuff. I obviously want to get the best girl for my specialty first. It doesn't mean I won't get the rest of the girls after, but until then spending tickets on other champions doesn't meet my immediate goal of maximizing my team. It has nothing to do with whether I want to get the other girls or not.

Thank you for pointing out the huge discrepancy between legendary/epic/orgy days and the current event. You can obtain girls from those events without spending anything if you're very lucky. And no, I don't feel compelled to hoard tickets for legendary/epic days. Saving up kobans on the other hand is natural even without anticipating an event. Or do you honestly suggest throwing them at the gacha trap, champion timer resets or money collection ?

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

53 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

I'm not gonna quote you so I dont bload the thread, but @LanceHardwoothe event isn't that hard for a f2p player that saved 7.2k kobans. Otherwise the 80 champions part is the big sharp step up in difficulty, simply because of the sheer cooldowns, it's taking me at least 2 days to finish that one and then at least 1 more for the last PVP task. I do think you're overblowing the difficulty in this event, but the paywall and the structure is what I'm really concerned with. Placing this event right after LD is really shitty, and I'm passing well because I didnt care about Darla 1 bit so I just snatched Levitya and thats it for me. The feasibility of the event within the game resources isnt the problem to me, it's the time management, and if it werent for the Wu Flu I'd definitely be skipping out on the 2nd half of the event- the time it takes for champion fights is a fucking lot. While they definitely need to tone down the requirements, the overall structure of the event isn't that bad. All of your problems would be solved with just a little bit of tweaking, so I do think you're overreacting.

I never said the event is difficult, because it's not - all things can be achieved pretty easily IF you have the resources to do so. Getting those resources is not so easy, and brings to mind the recent decision of removing tickets as reward from the Arena pool to replace it with a lackluster Mythic orb. Ask yourself this - if they were to introduce multiple events like this throughout the same month, would that be acceptable to you ? Compare that with having multiples of epic/legendary/orgy days.

The reality is that the more we keep accepting these kinds of changes, the more we're encouraging the devs to do more of the same. Feedback needs to be vocal to be heard, otherwise nothing will change. Consider the tickets situation, there were complaints even during the previous PoA and despite that feedback they actually increased the requirements significantly.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 5

Seems like for F2P gamers, unless they have the "luxury" I have, if you wish to call it that, of being disabled and forcibly retired sitting on my butt at home 24/7, most F2P gamers will only be able to do these type of events maybe once every 2 or 3 months.   If ALL I do ALL day long 7 days a week, I might be able to save the necessary champion tickets and execute the necessary PvP challenges.  For the average F2P gamer who has a real life and job they cannot do that.  So for the average gamer with a real life these expectations created by the challenges are next to impossible to accomplish. 

Now, paying players, that's another thing.  I assume that paying players get advantages with these silver/gold cards (or whatever they are called).

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

I never said the event is difficult, because it's not - all things can be achieved pretty easily IF you have the resources to do so. Getting those resources is not so easy, and brings to mind the recent decision of removing tickets as reward from the Arena pool to replace it with a lackluster Mythic orb. Ask yourself this - if they were to introduce multiple events like this throughout the same month, would that be acceptable to you ? Compare that with having multiples of epic/legendary/orgy days.

The reality is that the more we keep accepting these kinds of changes, the more we're encouraging the devs to do more of the same. Feedback needs to be vocal to be heard, otherwise nothing will change. Consider the tickets situation, there were complaints even during the previous PoA and despite that feedback they actually increased the requirements significantly.

oh then we pretty much agree on like 90% of the things. I still think the ticket requirements are insane, only saving grace there being- lockdown=theres nothing to do. Hell I even have the same approach with the champions- Im mainly fighting Alban, I want that 5 star charm girl man! :D That still lets me fight all of the rest of the champions for the thing, and I have beaten all of them except the 3rd one (Im not even approaching that one, I got the girl after 7 attempts and Im never fighting him again, fuck that guy 🤣), and Im at about 60/80 right now with Alban under 50% HP, i've got plenty to go. The stockpiling and thinking ahead is the real cancerous part, along with the sheer amount of time that's going into this type of event, and that's just frustrating.

• Like 1