• Shade
    • Corrupted Kelina
    • Dark Leeditt
    • Defiled Zoe
    • Wicked Nuladva
    • Tainted Hari

13 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

This about sums up the last page

Ah, but what a page!! I had fun reading it, off-topic as it might have been.

Also, you and Darsca have been *so* much more polite then I would have been...  :D :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, blaa said:

do you have the same rules for real life money as you have for kobans: No spending on a new PC before the development has ended?

Is it fun for you to make fun of people without knowing (or worse, knowing and deliberately ignoring) their personal situation? After a two-month internship made complicated by the coronavirus, two weeks ago I signed a part-time contract for a year. This is my first real job after eight years of unemployment, eight years where I was forced to live on the shoulders of a mother with the minimum pension, eight years where we would both have ended up in the middle of a road if it hadn't been for help of social services. And before that for ten years I was forced to earn a living by taking less than 500 euros per month distributing flyers, walking for eight hours a day with ten to fifteen kilos of backpackers and irreparably damaging my back in the meantime, reason for to which I am 50% disabled today and can't do anymore a work like that.

Accept an advice: the next time you want to make a joke about someone's behavior, make sure you know him well. And this also means avoid certain jokes with fellow forum members, because nobody gets to know someone else well on a forum.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Alright. I guess a joke that becomes in bad taste with context and a response that doesn't belong in this thread at all. @blaa and @Observer_X just a nudge to not escalate that exchange any further in this thread please. Or anyone else that feels like chipping in. Preemptive warning to leave it be 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Darsca said:

Alright. I guess a joke that becomes in bad taste with context and a response that doesn't belong in this thread at all. @blaa and @Observer_X just a nudge to not escalate that exchange any further in this thread please. Or anyone else that feels like chipping in. Preemptive warning to leave it be 😉

No worries. Just one sentence for an apology: @Observer_X I hope you can take my apology: There wasnt any harm intended, but I obviously hurt you and I am sorry for it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guys, is it possible the game suddenly just 'blocks' your progress? What I mean is, I got the two out of three 'free girls' some days ago (Shade & Hedonia), and am now solely focusing on a corrupted Kelina. So, by doing that I'm also getting some shards for tier 3 Dark Lord girl (Esperance), and for some time it went by decently. Now these last days, it's as if my account was cursed. While there's still an additional shard or two for the Esperance (currently at 36) here and there, my Kelina progress is stuck at 48. And no matter how many tries I have, I can't seem to be able to obtain a single new shard. This lasts for about four days now, and I never ever encountered similar situation before. In fact, getting 'free girls' was almost easy to me, perhaps missing just one or two since I created the account.

So, purely bad luck or is it possible, that some boss girls just become stingy with the shards and block you out completely?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Lunik said:

Guys, is it possible the game suddenly just 'blocks' your progress? What I mean is, I got the two out of three 'free girls' some days ago (Shade & Hedonia), and am now solely focusing on a corrupted Kelina. So, by doing that I'm also getting some shards for tier 3 Dark Lord girl (Esperance), and for some time it went by decently. Now these last days, it's as if my account was cursed. While there's still an additional shard or two for the Esperance (currently at 36) here and there, my Kelina progress is stuck at 48. And no matter how many tries I have, I can't seem to be able to obtain a single new shard. This lasts for about four days now, and I never ever encountered similar situation before. In fact, getting 'free girls' was almost easy to me, perhaps missing just one or two since I created the account.

So, purely bad luck or is it possible, that some boss girls just become stingy with the shards and block you out completely?

It's just bad luck. But dont think the drop rates of the first days are the normal range. With your shard drops so far, you are way ahead of the curve.

And just to be sure, any other girl (regular villian girl) doesnt block any shard drop for the event girls. If you still have one, you can easily farm both at the same time without losing anything.

• Like 1

Lunik, I'm encountering the same thing over and over in every event.  What are called high or normal drop rates for shards and then, suddenly, I'm "locked out".  Hitting a dry spell.   Many will say that is just "normal" or "bad luck".  But the longer I play the game I'm more convinced that I'm dropped into a "losing algorithm".  I've also had suspicious drop rates when I use fight with combativity with villains.  When I do a long string of free single combativity, my shard drop rate gets low.  But suddenly, "miraculously", when I decide to spend kobans and do 10 drops together I'd suddenly get 8 shards for a girl.

The longer I play the game, the more it seems that the game rewards you for spending kobans.  I cannot write the same about spending real cash as I have not and will not do that.

Edited by Dr. Lust
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

We all have those droughts every now and then, Lunik and Dr. Lust, and it sucks. But no, the game isn't consipiring against you, it's "only" bad luck.

Be grateful to have those droughts in the regular event, where drop rates are higher and we can get more shards, and not in something like the Legendary Days (it's awful when that happens).

• Like 4

It's also probably a form of survival bias - One tends to "remember" the good or wrong streaks, and thus those are much more often reported back on fora etc. While the average runs aren't reported and thus it looks as if the chance isn't normally (poison?) distributed.

I'm currently at 15 pts for the last girl, so off by a bit. And probably have to do 1-2 refreshes.

• Like 3

Oh dear!  I seem to have inspired reactions from members re. my various comments.  One long post came close to being condescending.  In this regard I have, at last been trumped (no pun intended) on the length of my posts.  However, I did him the honour of reading it in full, but I won't reply directly.

Regarding my 'childish' appreciation of statistics, I do understand it and have used it quite alot in my field work sampling and analysing plots when testing herbicides for revegetation work.  However, I can still retain a childlike wonder about how variation works and how randomisation can 'clump' so to speak.  I'm sorry if expressing this idea offended so many people.  The best advice I have is not to take me too seriously.  I've advised this in the past, but I still manage to upset too many sensitive souls who love to have the last word.

I've had quite a bit of experience in the field of art myself (on a professional level as a landscape architect, both physical and digital rendering), and I later branched out to people, so I studied anatomy in depth as a means to create movement, body language and expression in subjects.  I've still to submit some of my work to the forum, but this has been held up by frequent computer disasters (and the loss of a lot of my work!).  I will get there.

I'm sorry if my posts challenged a few rather staunchly held beliefs on what is good and bad art, but the point I was making is that there have been utter disasters created by the original artist held in such esteem by this elite group (and one individual in particular).  That person needs to go back and review some of this rotten work and there are plenty of examples of old to draw from.  So please give the new artist a chance to improve and, if criticising, make sure it is constructive.

If I were the new artist(s) on the receiving end of some of these comments I would wither up and die.  They are utterly cruel and, in some cases, unjustified.  In the end, if one were to review them carefully, they would be seen to be as ill-informed as the writers have claimed mine to be.  I have ceased making esoteric comments on the artistic techniques as I don't believe these would make much of a difference, other than to appear as art critics.

I say again that I believe the main motivation for these negative comments has been that the new art represents personas of old art that ruin them by being too different from the old.

And, finally, while I have had gripes about the execution of the artwork in the beginning of this new phase, I do acknowledge where there have been improvements and I have no doubt artistic development will continue (and may even be mentored).  Where I do see ongoing problems lies in the girls' faces, most notably in their blank expressions.  This really annoys me and ties all the artwork carried out by the artist who created them to that of clones varying only in hair and attire - and boob size and shape.  Yes, Nuladva, Hari, Kelina and possibly Leedit have been created by the same artist.  It is equally clear to me that Hedonia and Shade were by the same artist and they have a range of sexy facial expressions that suggest the original artist had a hand in creating them - either as the actual artist or as a mentor.  I'm just not sure about Zoe.  She seems a bit like her original, but a little of her petite cuteness has been lost, but she retains her lovely perky little titties.  I believe the artist who created the final two stars for the original Zoe created this defiled version of her.  As for my favourites... Hedonia and Shade top my list (as I have them both).  Hedonia (whose name implies she's in pursuit of pure pleasure) and Shade are inspiring creations for me.

• Thanks 1

I really suggest you all to keep track of fights and drop rates for three months at least, it helps a a lot to put everything in the right perspective. It doesn't need to be a perfect reportage of how many fights has occurred between each drop and/or how many shards/hit you got, even just the total number of fights you made to complete the girl/reach that x% is more than enough.

Our brain is easily deceived. A perfectly average run could feel terribly long and drenched in misfortune if preceded by a very lucky one, and with the approaching of the last day of the event and the rising up of the anxiety/fear of not making it in time, "small droughts" in drops, or simply not the lucky wave of drops you had before, could seem like ages. With this I'm not saying that there are not bad runs, because of course there are, as well as good ones (and this is why I suggested the "three months at least" in the beginning of this post). What I'm saying is that many (if not most) of the time we are sure we are having a very bad run, it is actually a bias in our perception that makes us feel like that

You don't have to keep up with this forever, nor you have to share your data in the feedback topic if you don't want that kind of engagement, but try it, for yourselves.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Antimon said:

I really suggest you all to keep track of fights and drop rates for three months at least, it helps a a lot to put everything in the right perspective. It doesn't need to be a perfect reportage of how many fights has occurred between each drop and/or how many shards/hit you got, even just the total number of fights you made to complete the girl/reach that x% is more than enough.

Our brain is easily deceived. A perfectly average run could feel terribly long and drenched in misfortune if preceded by a very lucky one, and with the approaching of the last day of the event and the rising up of the anxiety/fear of not making it in time, "small droughts" in drops, or simply not the lucky wave of drops you had before, could seem like ages. With this I'm not saying that there are not bad runs, because of course there are, as well as good ones (and this is why I suggested the "three months at least" in the beginning of this post). What I'm saying is that many (if not most) of the time we are sure we are having a very bad run, it is actually a bias in our perception that makes us feel like that

You don't have to keep up with this forever, nor you have to share your data in the feedback topic if you don't want that kind of engagement, but try it, for yourselves.

Absolutely correct and I've been deceived in  the way you described.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'd believe you anyway, but this morning I spent additional 10 energy, and got 1xshard for Esperance, while I managed 8xshards for Kelina twice in a row! Which is crazy, at least for this game's standards! ^^

So yeah, there's no bug or anything, I guess it's just a matter of how moody RNG is on a current day. I sure hope things don't change for the worse again, but I feel confident that sooner or later I'll manage to obtain Kelina.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

One long post came close to being condescending.

Believe it or not, but it was sincere and friendly, and mostly meant to be helpful. And a little humorous, sure, but not really at your expense. I don't take you for a fool, as others in the community might. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered writing that long message. I just think you're easily distracted, and there are plenty of details you don't pay (much) attention to in this game (which is absolutely fine, to each their own), and unfortunately, you also tend to overlook, misread or just forget other people's posts in discussions you participate in on this forum, which can be irritating. My best guess is that it's because you write what comes to mind in one go, without re-reading or editing your long messages before posting them.

It's a bit disappointing when things are established one way in a discussion we have together, and then you seem to have completely forgotten about it the very next time the same topic comes up. For instance, if your comments on odds are really just meant to come across as childlike amusement at the manifestations of randomness, maybe phrase them this way, instead of stating them as firmly-held theories or beliefs about statistics, and you'll avoid that confusion. When you post things like "I'm in a position to comment on the RNG. It is a two-tier randomisation." you sound like you're making a big reveal as an expert. You don't sound at all like you're just amused by random things you've noticed as a player. The same thing goes for other stuff, like when I read "the original artist" or "the new artist" once again in your last post, referring to an ever-changing team, despite having discussed this exact point with you at least a couple times... well, I cringed a little. It just feels like what I tell you comes in one ear and out the other.

Perhaps you just have memory issues (this would honestly be a solid explanation to me)? And in before you pull an Observer on me and reveal you actually do suffer from dementia or another serious medical issue IRL and proceed to share your genuinely heartbreaking story battling against it over the years: if that's the case, then I'll of course look like a fool in retrospect, and I'm deeply sorry in advance. Forget I said anything (no pun intended).

4 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I'm just not sure about Zoe. [...] I believe the artist who created the final two stars for the original Zoe created this defiled version of her.

I'm not 100% sure either. As far as I know, the final two stars for the original Zoe were done by Ben Kinkoid (aka "the original (main) artist", and the guy who designed most of the game's original characters, including her). They're amazing drawings in my opinion, and they go fairly well as a sequence with his own older drawings for her previous poses (even though his style and technique evolved a fair bit since then, mainly for the better). The version from this event has a lot of similarities with his current work, and a lot of qualities (especially the ink job) but also other aspects that are much worse (her hair and anatomy in general, but it's especially noticeable for her face, hands and feet). It might be him, and in that case he was likely on a super short deadline and had to rush. Or it's another fairly good artist who managed to capture a lot of his style, but doesn't master it quite yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Believe it or not, but it was sincere and friendly, and mostly meant to be helpful. And a little humorous, sure, but not really at your expense. I don't take you for a fool, as others in the community might. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered writing that long message. I just think you're easily distracted, and there are plenty of details you don't pay (much) attention to in this game (which is absolutely fine, to each their own), and unfortunately, you also tend to overlook, misread or just forget other people's posts in discussions you participate in on this forum, which can be irritating. My best guess is that it's because you write what comes to mind in one go, without re-reading or editing your long messages before posting them.

It's a bit disappointing when things are established one way in a discussion we have together, and then you seem to have completely forgotten about it the very next time the same topic comes up. For instance, if your comments on odds are really just meant to come across as childlike amusement at the manifestations of randomness, maybe phrase them this way, instead of stating them as firmly-held theories or beliefs about statistics, and you'll avoid that confusion. When you post things like "I'm in a position to comment on the RNG. It is a two-tier randomisation." you sound like you're making a big reveal as an expert. You don't sound at all like you're just amused by random things you've noticed as a player. The same thing goes for other stuff, like when I read "the original artist" or "the new artist" once again in your last post, referring to an ever-changing team, despite having discussed this exact point with you at least a couple times... well, I cringed a little. It just feels like what I tell you comes in one ear and out the other.

Perhaps you just have memory issues (this would honestly be a solid explanation to me)? And in before you pull an Observer on me and reveal you actually do suffer from dementia or another serious medical issue IRL and proceed to share your genuinely heartbreaking story battling against it over the years: if that's the case, then I'll of course look like a fool in retrospect, and I'm deeply sorry in advance. Forget I said anything (no pun intended).

I'm not 100% sure either. As far as I know, the final two stars for the original Zoe were done by Ben Kinkoid (aka "the original (main) artist", and the guy who designed most of the game's original characters, including her). They're amazing drawings in my opinion, and they go fairly well as a sequence with his own older drawings for her previous poses (even though his style and technique evolved a fair bit since then, mainly for the better). The version from this event has a lot of similarities with his current work, and a lot of qualities (especially the ink job) but also other aspects that are much worse (her hair and anatomy in general, but it's especially noticeable for her face, hands and feet). It might be him, and in that case he was likely on a super short deadline and had to rush. Or it's another fairly good artist who managed to capture a lot of his style, but doesn't master it quite yet.

Thanks for your response.  Perhaps I was a little over-sensitive, so sorry.  Re. Zoe... Ben eh!?  There are subtle differences between her first three stars and the final two - more about the tonal quality and colourisation so I was a little surprised these two latter poses were created by the same artist.  Maybe you're right because in her affection scenes the drawings of her are the same cute and pretty forms of her I have come to know and love.  As someone familiar with art, I'm sure you'll see what I mean.  This suggests Ben created her defiled version too.  Maybe I shouldn't be surprised because even Ben had evolved his style over the years and made a lot (I mean a LOT!) of improvements in technique.  Either way, I would love to have had the chance to recruit her in this latest form.  I'll see what my luck is when I use my 4 free EvP orbs.  I don't rate my chances.

I do feel, though, that maybe we should give the new artist a little more time.  I have seen steady improvements, but the girls' faces and expressions remain an obvious stumbling block for him.  By the way, have you noticed the artforms of girls in other games and how much they resemble the work of the new artist?  I certainly have.  Either this is a range of art techniques which are widely shared among artists or the same artist has been contracted to a number of games.  If it is either it's a concern because he may not then give a stuff about what we think and leave us to complain to our heart's content.  What will change is when enough players quit the game, especially if these players are paying members.

Just one slightly deviant observation... As far as I'm aware, this is the only site that encourages people to comment on aspects of the game, including artwork.  This is a special privilege we have and can potentially expose staff, including the artists, to attacks that they could take as personal - if they bother to read them.  Despite the role of moderators, they would need pretty thick skins to cope with some of these.

• Like 2

So... pulled 6 zimes in the event Pachinko so far, no luck. Which is sad, considering i like 3 of the Pachinko girls. Sure hope there'll be a way to get a guaranteed of the "spend" event girls in the furture (if choose to do that again). Not everything has to be a *complete* gamble. ^^ I'd at least like to have my Avatar Nuladva. ^^
On that regard, will there be another way to get them in the future that is not a joke Gacha that shares the drop quota with an avatar pic? I heard they return, but not in what way they usually do. Just a repeat event?

And hm, for rankings i'd say:
Hedonia>Hari=Nuladva=Shade=Kelina>Leedit>>>>>Zoe&Nika

Edited by LuxFF

26 minutes ago, LuxFF said:

So... pulled 6 zimes in the event Pachinko so far, no luck. Which is sad, considering i like 3 of the Pachinko girls. Sure hope there'll be a way to get a guaranteed of the "spend" event girls in the furture (if choose to do that again). Not everything has to be a *complete* gamble. ^^ I'd at least like to have my Avatar Nuladva. ^^
On that regard, will there be another way to get them in the future that is not a joke Gacha that shares the drop quota with an avatar pic? I heard they return, but not in what way they usually do. Just a repeat event?

Girls tend to return in shared events called "Orgy Days" these days, in the same month as their original event. You'll see one later this month.

As an aside, it's not a shared drop rate with avatars, you can get both an avatar and a girl in the same pool. If you want guaranteed girls, use the Epic Pachinko x10 option. It has a chance of getting an event girl, but with long term play, you can slowly improve those chances by reducing the number of girls in the pool.

• Like 1

Remember I said I don't rate my chances of getting Zoe using my free quartet of EvP orbs?  Well she dropped in Peregrine Took so I get the chance to have a closer look at her.  The downside was that, immediately after using my three free orbs in EP, the blimpo, Nastasha, dropped in that account.  Seems she's determined to join my harem, whatever account.  At least her affection scenes aren't so bad and she went on a major diet since her poses.

• Like 1

Zorba,

Natasha may not be your cup of tea but at least she's additional in game cash. :) In that regards I'll take ANY girls I can get dropped.  They're not paid any salary. :)  Now to see if I can get Shade dropped in the day and hours we have left.  Good luck everyone in the event.

Edited by Dr. Lust
correction of my fat fingered typos

So, a bit of stats: 14 Pachinko rolls, got 3 girls. Everyone but Zoe, which is fine, i guess. It evened out luckily.
Got every boss girl, i think Kelina was a lucky high drop, but don't remember, Hedonia was at around half when she dropped from a random epic orb. Quite happy with the results by now, but i guess in the end, been lucky with getting all the girls i wanted.
Anyway, while probably not everyone's cup of tea i'm sure, was a fun first event (fantasy) theme. I liked it.

Edited by LuxFF
  • Like 1