Remove contest notifications?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Remove contest notifications?

• YES
    • NO
    • Make an option to turn them on/off
    • These notifications are cool and helpful
    • These notifications are stupid and obnoxious

This is the first time in a year I've considered quitting.  These notifications pop up too often and stay on screen for too long.  Even if they wanted to implement this, don't FREEZE THE DAMN SCREEN AGAIN.  Make it appear on the same screen as "YOU WON" or "YOU LOST".  The fix is that simple.

As it stands right now, this is some kind of punishment.

EDIT: New poll here

Edited by BBQ69
suggestions
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I see no reason to include the last two options as they are the same as the first two options.

It's meant to be similar to a 1 to 5 scale, 1 being least helpful and 5 being most helpful. (Or Strongly disagree - Disagree - Neither disagree nor agree - Agree - Strongly agree)

4, 2, 3, 5, 1 respectively

Edited by BBQ69

Then, a couple of suggestions. If it's a scale, make it a scale. Also, with the way you have it right now and the multiple choice turned on you're allowing people to essentially vote for both the '1' and '2'  option (for example), giving skewed results.

• Thanks 1

il y a 2 minutes, Darsca a dit :

Then, a couple of suggestions. If it's a scale, make it a scale. Also, with the way you have it right now and the multiple choice turned on you're allowing people to essentially vote for both the '1' and '2'  option (for example), giving skewed results.

Personnally I voted 1, 3, 5. I want it removed, or at least an option to remove it. Why ? Because this is a pain in the ass.

In any questionnaire, you can have people responding "bad things". Yes person could vote for both 1 & 2, … but that doesn't change the fact that if he wants to skewed the results, he can.

I think they are useful and i lke them but they should show if u go up in rank and the points, not only how much u earned. Also there should not be a "pause" of the game to show the notification. In conclusion (for me) good idea, need some improvements.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, test_anon said:

if he wants to skewed the results, he can.

Sure. And in fact, Kinkoid have done with this with their own survey results. To which the community collectively said 'You're full of shit' and rightfully so.

On the flip side, anyone from the outside looking at this poll with a design that lends itself to skewed results, is also well within their rights to say 'You're full of shit'.

If you want to give solid feedback, do it in a way that the feedback itself can't come under criticism. For what it's worth, I also don't like this feature, but I would be fine with it existing if I could disable it. Although I'm slightly upset that developer time is going into useless additions rather than addressing major problems which already exist.

• Like 12

This new feature has been annoying me on my Test Server account for the last few days. I can see how it might benefit very new players but the devs really should've included an option to disable it. For the avoidance of doubt: I voted for option 3. 

Edited by Caradog
Punctuation

In my mind, this is a "fluff" piece/addition. It can be useful during time-critical events (like the PoA), but most of the time, it's merely in the way. Besides, the new feature has a bug in that it also reports results from activities that already provide notices, resulting in a double notification for the same event. For example, there is zero need for this notification bar to appear on the Daily Contests achievements.

Edited by Pelinor
Added additional feedback

The main takeaway from these otherwise fairly empty patch notes is that PoA is here to stay, most likely on a monthly basis, and most probably with the format we've had for PoA 1 (one girl in each column, the premium path way too expensive unless you're swimming in kobans), with the PoA 2 special deluxe exceptional format every now and then (two girls in each column, two more days to complete it, the premium path packing way more bang for your kobans).

Apart from that, yeah. They should have made it an option that can be turned on or off in the settings, that's a fairly basic design requirement for an option. We don't really need a poll for that. We just need to let them know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to change my answer, this notification is the most obnoxious, stuttering thing added to the game since i started playing, it's like opening my harem page, but everyehere in the game. A lag that can't be avoided like the harem page :/

I bet the new "diamond" tier monthly card will add an option to skip the notifications...

• Haha 2

I would prefer all notifications to just simply have a way to turn them off an on.
Over the past several iterations of the game, I've found that repeatedly being notified how much points/xp/etc that I've gained to become meaningless over time.

The reason why Contest Points in particular are meaningless in this context is that you can't objectively measure it against anything when you receive the notification.
You'd still need to go to the contest page to simply see where you stand and see how much you'd need to potentially pass the next player in front of you.
In essence the notifications do nothing except to delay pressing the button to pass to the next screen.

• Like 2

I voted to make it a toggled option.

Just curious, when, and what text are people seeing? For me so far,

• Tower of Fame fights, it said "Working Holiday" (and apparently giving me double the experience points).
  • Adventure, it said "Contests" (also doubling the experience points).
Edited by ali-n
update

3 hours ago, ali-n said:

I voted to make it a toggled option.

Just curious, when, and what text are people seeing? For me so far,

• Tower of Fame fights, it said "Working Holiday" (and apparently giving me double the experience points).
  • Adventure, it said "Contests" (also doubling the experience points).

it pops up when your action is also a contribution to your running contest

5 hours ago, ali-n said:

Just curious, when, and what text are people seeing?

"Contests: Donate +(200)" when you donate (the minimum) for Working Holidays.

As several have suggested, the toggle seems the best idea. I would also like an option for more detail.  Something like:

"You're Rank 16 in Working Holiday!" Or maybe even a glimpse at a countdown timer for how long is left in the contest. I realize that may be TOO much detail for some, but if the end result is that you have to go to the contest page for more info, anyway...

25 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

So found a quick work around the issue, when you start the battle, just press your browser's"back" button to return to the ToF lobby. 

I have a mouse with additional buttons to mimmick exactly this: go back one page, go forward one page in browser history.

Just no mouse on mobile....

To be honest, they don't even need to implement an option to toggle that feature on or off. They just need to make it less obnoxious : It should NOT freeze the page and prevent you from doing what you want to do immediately (ie click on your next action), and it should not hide anything important when it's displayed. In other words, players should be able to completely ignore that information if they don't need it at this instant.

Also, if they want to make this feature useful, they could also add more information, like your current ranking in the contests, or your progress for the current step in PoA (that could be very useful, for example for the "Spend XXX money" steps).

Edited by Max669
typo
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, windia said:

I have a mouse with additional buttons to mimmick exactly this: go back one page, go forward one page in browser history.

Just no mouse on mobile....

Don't you have a quick "back" buttononyour display? I'm using a s@msung from years and all of tbeir phones have that one.

On 6/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, test_anon said:

Personnally I voted 1, 3, 5. I want it removed, or at least an option to remove it. Why ? Because this is a pain in the ass.

In any questionnaire, you can have people responding "bad things". Yes person could vote for both 1 & 2, … but that doesn't change the fact that if he wants to skewed the results, he can.

Yep, and it shows that either:

1 The OP doesn't know how to make a good poll, or

2. They intentionally wanted to make a crappy poll.

Neither of those things are good, nor do they reflect well on them.