[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Coming back to the second day of the contests, the Pachinko and Ymen Donation one. Did I said two days ago that 500 M Ymens would suffice? Perhaps I was a bit short.

One player has spent 250 M in the first hour!              

Well, now I don't have to hold back anymore thinking on the league 😈

image.png.4723b062847c20d92b55e6d117d593b9.png

Bah, that 50k is nothing yet. I'm in bracket, where leader has 150,860 points. 

Guess, he or she wanted to play it very safe. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Caradog said:

I think that a big &, ostensibly, overlooked factor which is handing players such as myself an advantage in this event is that in the lower & middling level brackets committed players are grouped with casual players who clearly don't make much of an effort to compete

Could be true. I'm level 96 now. Won my bracket's 1st place without spending Kobans, and I don't think anyone spent Kobans on the last 30 mins efforts. I felt like there were maybe 5, 6 other people giving it their non-koban all? Maybe a few more, but definitely not dozens of committed cut-throat players to compete with.

OTOH, this might be a complete misread by me if lots of others in my bracket were planning to snipe but had overlooked the 30 minute earlier ending.

I basically no-life-ed the event to do lots of arena fights. This was a one-time "let's give it a go" participation, but I hated it.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be in a very soft group on Day 1 (being close to the end of my current contest bracket surely helped, it most likely won't be anywhere that easy next time, though). I saw an opening and I took it. Grabbed #1 for less than 600 kobans. And it turned out that even that was more than needed: one refill less would have sufficed for #1, and even without kobans at all I would still have been in top 4, but better safe than sorry.

Edit: @Antimon I hope you grabbed that top 10 in the end, man. Hang in there for the next few days!

Thanks to this early win, today is a free legendary equipment for no work at all, instead of a cash-burning festival that I wouldn't have had a chance in anyway. I'm pretty interested in those MPx6 and MPx3 orbs, but I'll only get a decent shot at them without burning what's left of my koban reserve on Day 4.

Good luck to those still in the main event.

27 minutes ago, TrueNinja said:

These brackets need to be grouped by time zone. I missed out on top 4 because it ended at 4 am for me where as the french players have a mid day ending

That's real sad. As a French player, I can certainly relate, as the reset used to be at 5AM for us during 99% of the game's existence (while it was at an amazingly convenient evening time in the NA time zones all that time).

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's real sad. As a French player, I can certainly relate, as the reset used to be at 5AM for us during 99% of the game's existence (while it was at an amazingly convenient evening time in the NA time zones all that time).

I did enjoy that but i knew some places were getting a bad deal. I didnt mind the change cause it only effected daily missions for me. I had to made sure they were done before be. But if this event is going to have groups of 50 as a bracket, this shouldnt be a hard request.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel like creating an event where ~25% of the world gets screwed over due to time zones was kind of a major oversight. Oh well, think I'll avoid taking the bait and just pray she comes back sometime as a normal event. No point wasting 200M+ just to wake-up and find out your rank 27 or something.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

A couple of refills and you didn't go for it? 52k first place. Oh my 😀 Similar bracket for me, please.

You do you, I do me ^_^ 

Good luck with your next one ;) 👍

• Thanks 1

I think the first round was a solid league rush thus somewhat limited:image.png.5304c8935a59c4ada506afdb7de2eaeb.png 

while the Pachinko-Ymen with open end is going nuts already: image.png.4fa92e7d60d498a83443d0f0c05b3a3f.png

The 1st has either invested 530 million YMen or maybe 1060 orbs of type 1x EP or 106 orbs of type 10x EP - or anything in between.

Playing GreatPachinko is not that beneficial in higher player level as the selling value might not keep up with the investment. (did not all calculations there, only that a 1x GP could cost max 25 000 Ymen to have direct point coverage)

So fighting villains is then also open end, and giving XP to girls is widely distributed due to different player style of upleveling...

Yeah I knew I wouldnt be able to compete for Pachinko or Villain runs, and relying on the last day contest would be rough since I dont thing that 100 books of each type is enough, so I am so glad that I finished this shit for the girl early. In my current bracket, no one is going mad for the pachinko and that's great :D 
image.png.a5784191be76c846075211649ebc8e8d.png
Being placed 51 for this sucks ass though, I'm not quite sure yet if I'll compete for this or not

21 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Good luck with your next one ;) 👍

I'm indecisive about the 2nd one, to be honest (3d one I'll, most likely, avoid for the good). I'm not that attracted by these yellow orbs. They don't seem like a worthy thing to blow everything for them. Especially if the competition will be as fierce, as in the first day. Only 25 shards for a random girl out of 3, presented in the current rotation (and some items). You can wait for ages, when there will be only 1 girl available for you, that you'll want (some legendary 5 stars, for example).

I've got 70m Ymens to spend, but I'll wait until the very end of the contest with them. We'll see, how it goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Thank god it's Triss and not Yennefer, I'd have to use real money to get her in that case 😜

I wouldn't be able to handle either - yet alone thinking of Ciri.... - no, I would like to have all three equally - maybe they should do a "witcher event"^^

(or Philippa Eilhart)

Edited by windia

6 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I'm indecisive about the 2nd one, to be honest (3d one I'll, most likely, avoid for the good). I'm not that attracted by these yellow orbs. They don't seem like a worthy thing to blow everything for them. Especially if the competition will be as fierce, as in the first day. Only 25 shards for a random girl out of 3, presented in the current rotation (and some items). You can wait for ages, when there will be only 1 girl available for you, that you'll want (some legendary 5 stars, for example).

I've got 70m Ymens to spend, but I'll wait until the very end of the contest with them. We'll see, how it goes.

The 2nd one really depends on stashed orbs... if players are on similar level with that, it'll be all about the $.

The 3rd is to forget about with the bundle.

The 4th.... well, really depends on who you get on your bracket... lots of people have quite the libraries hehehe But I hope to, at the very worse, get a top25 on that one. 

But that's why I didn't sprint at all.... if I can get the girl with minor costs, even better (and I didn't want to mess with the league, it's crazy at it is already 😂)... if I have to make an effort, I will (I like her :x) but she'll likely not be on my final battleteam, so she's not (100% but she's not far lol) must-have. 

If all goes well, one other top10 (or two top25s) and that'll be that ;) 👌

It turned out i finished 3rd (after going to bed as 1st) in my lower bracket of level 131. I'm happy, but i dread the whale/serious brackets already. Good luck to all of you there.

Edited by LuxFF

image.png.95951793a2de3f0e76869a35bc4524c9.png

did 1 1/2 refills, would have easily taken a top 25 without any, but I was a little bit afraid of the money contest in my bracket and just decided to take a little buffer, especially since I have to take the refills someday this week anyways

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3

Reading all the above notes my F2P run will probably end when I reach above level 300.  But, in the meantime I'll have fun and as soon as I get to a point where it feels like I'm just beating my head against a wall battling whales I'll move on to another online game.  Best of luck to all in this event.

Edited by Dr. Lust

hace 2 horas, windia dijo:

I wouldn't be able to handle either - yet alone thinking of Ciri.... - no, I would like to have all three equally - maybe they should do a "witcher event"^^

(or Philippa Eilhart)

With the popularity of the TV show, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a The Witcher inspired event. Tho we still need more girls... maybe Shani from the first game, or one of the many prostitutes like Carmen.

1 minute ago, Eman said:

With the popularity of the TV show, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a The Witcher inspired event. Tho we still need more girls... maybe Shani from the first game, or one of the many prostitutes like Carmen.

I listened to my wife reading the books, I helped my wife playing the tedious parts in all three games ... so yeah, we watched the new stuff as well^^

• Haha 1