Gift Code Posting Thread (HH)

Zteev

24 minutes ago, blaa said:

go to your menu, settings, then post the code into the bar and press enter

is the code "hentai"?  Blaa, thanks for your reply. I know what to do when i have the code. I read your post and after that I tried: hentai, #hentai, "hentai". Non of them exists. I read again your post and...I need help! 

Edited by GG tzelas
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GG tzelas said:

is the code "hentai"?  Blaa, thanks for your reply. I know what to do when i have the code. I read your post and after that I tried: hentai, #hentai, "hentai". Non of them exists. I read again your post and...I need help! 

Yes, it was that. Sorry to hear it's no longer there for you :( 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the code "hentai" has expired now.

Unfortunately, there's no specific error message for "this code has expired" (or it doesn't work most of the time). Typically, when you enter a code and it doesn't work, it will either say "You already used this code" (meaning the code is still active, but you can't use it again) OR "This code doesn't exist" (which is the same message you get if you type random gibberish, but in this case means it's no longer valid).

So if you see a code mentioned and people clearly made it work at some point, but you get "doesn't exist" when you try it, don't post about it here. Just understand you came too late to the party for that one.

Kind reminder: We're cool with posting any and all codes, now, we're still not cool with spamming or bumping the topic excessively over nothing, though. Please keep this in mind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Unfortunately, there's no specific error message for "this code has expired" (or it doesn't work most of the time). Typically, when you enter a code and it doesn't work, it will either say "You already used this code" (meaning the code is still active, but you can't use it again) OR "This code doesn't exist" (which is the same message you get if you type random gibberish, but in this case means it's no longer valid).

It does exist for some codes, yesterday I tested the #KINKstarter code and it told me it had expired. It seems they have an expiration flag but they don't use it for all codes and instead they delete some of them, for whatever reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pardon my french.

1 hour ago, jass76 said:

Bonjour à tous

voici un code qui je crois n'est  jamais passé, il est pour 2760 kobans :)

LEWDZONE

But I think it says: The code is LEWDZONE. Gives 2760 kobans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 31

It's the second time that code expired. What is going on here? Once the code appears here, it disappears in less than 6 hours? I'm checking this thread every day!! I want to know where this code came from, when this code first appeared and when it expired please. Can anybody answer please? It's 2760 kobans, a real advantage in here. Thank you in advance!

I want to add some more. I am paying 10 Euros/month to get 4500 kobans. I look like an idiot now.

Edited by GG tzelas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GG tzelas said:

I want to know where this code came from

Let me tell you a secret. Big koban codes like this one typically (AFAIK always) come from a third-party hentai-relevant website that received it from Kinkoid as a way to attract new players. And the code itself is almost always the name of the site in question (or pretty close to it) so that they can also advertise their own site in the process.

So, Google the code itself and you'll find a website named that way. That's where it came from. 

3 minutes ago, GG tzelas said:

Is that funny @DvDivXXX?

Not particularly, no. It sounded pretty entitled and borderline ungrateful, to be honest. But I'm in a good mood and I chose to laugh rather than getting annoyed by it. I also decided to help you out, as you've seen a minute after that.

Would you prefer to pick a fight? We can do that too, but I'd rather not.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Added information
  • Thinking 2

30 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Let me tell you a secret. Big koban codes like this one typically (AFAIK always) come from a third-party hentai-relevant website that received it from Kinkoid as a way to attract new players. And the code itself is almost always the name of the site in question (or pretty close to it) so that they can also advertise their own site in the process.

So, Google the code itself and you'll find a website named that way. That's where it came from.

So it's a matter of luck? When they start and when they expire? Some player used that code and I did not. 6 hours after the code posted here. Second in a row. It's more than my half monthy card. That sucks!!!

I don't want to pick any fight. I pay what I pay and I'm loosing the codes. Your reaction was "haha". Your answer came after that (thanks). I still don't know when the codes expires. I still feel like an idiot when a code for new players comes here and 6 hours after that it expires. Some players got advantage. I don't want codes to be forever. I want to be able to see when they started and when they expired. Give me a fair chance to get it. I feel that these codes get canceled after someone posts them here. Maybe I'm just unlucky so give me the information. Was it active for 24h? 

Edited by GG tzelas
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, GG tzelas said:

Maybe I'm just unlucky so give me the information. Was it active for 24h?

Quite the opposite. These type of codes typically last for a couple months or more. But our only way to even find out about them is to have one of us stumble upon it on the web, or maybe do some sleuthing with a fine tooth comb on potential sites or with a lot of patience doing searches etc. AND then is kind enough to share it with the rest of the class.

We, the forum community as a whole, hadn't picked up on one of these codes for months (I can't check right now but the last one dates back to Jan or Feb I think). It's entirely possible that Kinkoid kept giving one away to a different site each month since then, and this particular one was found and shared here just before it expired. And it's not unlikely at all that there's a couple of equally great codes out there we haven't found yet.

So yeah, my point is: be grateful for what you get, and don't focus on your bad luck with timing. It doesn't take away from the good will of folks sharing such codes here, and it's not like they had any control over expiry dates, let alone made it expire just before you could use it. Had it not been for @jass76 sharing it in the FR thread and @Bomba reposting it here, you wouldn't even be aware that code existed.

• Like 2

Dunno guys. I also feel like something's fishy here. After DvDivXXX told us that it's now fine to share codes directly(from Kinkoid I presume) , we had 2 awesome codes and they both expired in less than 24 hours. Coincidence? Probably. But honestly, if that will happen with the next code I will be pretty sure that Kinkoid allowed to monitor it just so they could cut it off, cause we, the people who play this game aren't really the target audience of these codes. 
And don't get me wrong. Not because Kinkoid is evil. Simply because if the code made it all the way here, than there's a big chance that it was successful and already did what it was supposed to do - promote the site and bring new people.

16 minutes ago, Bomba said:

Dunno guys. I also feel like something's fishy here. After DvDivXXX told us that it's now fine to share codes directly(from Kinkoid I presume) , we had 2 awesome codes and they both expired in less than 24 hours. Coincidence? Probably. But honestly, if that will happen with the next code I will be pretty sure that Kinkoid allowed to monitor it just so they could cut it off, cause we, the people who play this game aren't really the target audience of these codes.
And don't get me wrong. Not because Kinkoid is evil. Simply because if the code made it all the way here, than there's a big chance that it was successful and already did what it was supposed to do - promote the site and bring new people.

Yeah you definitely need to take the tinfoil mask off, it's cutting off your airflow. Even with some of them not allowed, the codes were posted in here, and we mods didn't delete the ones they couldn't post, just hid them. They could still monitor them without changing a rule.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 5

16 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Yeah you definitely need to take the tinfoil mask off, it's cutting off your airflow. Even with some of them not allowed, the codes were posted in here, and we mods didn't delete the ones they couldn't post, just hid them. They could still monitor them without changing a rule.

What?
What does this have to do with what I said? If you have the rule in place that prevents people from posting codes, guess what, people usually don't post codes and those few that do do not bring in the sufficient data. So if you want to monitor it, you have to first remove that rule and allow everyone to post it freely. And then people who don't usually post them will start posting them and they would be able to monitor it, because they will have sufficient data. So I really don't know how it's related to that tinfoil hat part of my message.

Edited by Bomba
edit: word

3 minutes ago, Bomba said:

What?
What does this have to do with what I said? If you have the rule in place that prevents people from posting codes, guess what, people usually don't post codes and those few they do do not bring in the sufficient data. So if you want to monitor it, you have to first remove that rule and allow everyone to post it freely. And then people who don't usually post them will start posting them and they would be able to monitor it, because they will have sufficient data. So I really don't know how it's related to that tinfoil hat part of my message.

You might think that people don't post codes, but I'm telling you I have multiple pages worth of hidden messages of them posting the codes anyway. There's no need to change the rule, because the codes get posted even with the rule in place. What it's related to is that you think anything and everything Kinkoid does is intended to hurt the playerbase, even this obviously beneficial change.

• Thanks 1

Yup. Kinkoid basically did the forum community a favor with this change, and that is it. We mods, and me in particular, got a bitter sweet favor as well: on the one hand, we no longer need to moderate the code sharing threads quite as tightly, and that's a lot less work. On the other hand, yeah, I could focus on the negative part that I kinda "worked for nothing" for all these months. But that would be exactly the type of negative attitude some of you guys would feel a lot better letting go. Instead, I agree with @Noacc's perspective that the rule addendum I wrote, the tons of reminders and warnings we had to send, the tons and tons of rule-breaking posts we had to remove (again, as George said, from public view, not from Kinkoid's) were a lot of work that was worth it while this policy was relevant. It wasn't all for nothing, it was due diligence and (a lot of) useful work while it lasted. And now I can relax on that front.

Of course, if we're now going to have to moderate these threads due to a surge of ungrateful whining and laughable conspiracy theories over a freaking good-will gesture... Well, that's a bit of work for us mods, but nothing we can't handle, and certainly simpler and quicker than monitoring the codes was.

But I would really rather see you guys take a deep breath and stop looking at the gift horse's mouth with a magnifying glass, here... For your own mental health first and foremost, and so you stop derailing these purely positive threads with negative nonsense that's just really in your paranoid heads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Gift Code Posting Thread (HH)
  • holymolly pinned this topic
  • Ravi-Sama featured this topic