• Nero
    • Fabienne
    • (none)
  2. 2. Rate New Girl

• /¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Nero. Meh
    • \____/ Yucky

On 10/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, natstar said:

why they did not just keep her there then they would not need to edit a villain image because could have reused the old one.

21 hours ago, natstar said:

Be better just to have them on all the villains

These two sentiments are incompatible. The former expresses fake concern for the game artist's workload. The latter is gladly pushing an even bigger workload on the game artist.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fiel said:

These two sentiments are incompatible. The former expresses fake concern for the game artist's workload. The latter is gladly pushing an even bigger workload on the game artist.

They would not even need to edit the villain pictures if the events girls were on all the villains.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, natstar said:

They would not even need to edit the villain pictures if the events girls were on all the villains.

So you're requesting a more soulless game where the villains are not even depicted with the event girls. I wouldn't like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, natstar said:

Letting people fight their highest level villain and get event girls

It's kind of always been part of the game's identity to have villains depicted with event girls which they have captured.. Removing that would make the game lesser than it was.

Those other people can pay Kobans if they want to fight highest villains, nobody is really stopping them. But now you are pivoting to a completely new discussion. May I presume the earlier concern for newcomers were fake as well, and your true goal is to always fight the highest villain and grab all event girls?

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fiel said:

It's kind of always been part of the game's identity to have villains depicted with event girls which they have captured.. Removing that would make the game lesser than it was.

I like this in spirit as well. Having said that, most of us never get to see the villains' event costumes in game these days, because that requires moving back to Tier 1.

But yeah, I don't really understand @natstar's oddly-specific fixation on which villain got an event girl this time around. It's a legitimate concern when you're in the mid-game and a high-priority target gets placed on a late-game boss, but in this case it's basically between two early-game bosses anyway, so I fail to see why it would matter.

14 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I used 560 in combats to obtain Nero.

So about 25 refills. Average-ish.

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

I like this in spirit as well. Having said that, most of us never get to see the villains' event costumes in game these days, because that requires moving back to Tier 1.

But yeah, I don't really understand 's oddly-specific fixation on which villain got an event girl this time. It's a legitimate question when you're in the mid-game and a high-priority target gets places on a late-game boss, but in this case it's basically between two early-game bosses anyway, so I fail to see why it would matter.

So about 25 refills. Average-ish.

Yes, but I also unlocked tier 3 on Grunt, so that gives me another girl to go after at my leisure. It doesn't beat the "instant girl 100 shard drop," but it ain't bad. :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But yeah, I don't really understand @natstar's oddly-specific fixation on which villain got an event girl this time around. It's a legitimate concern when you're in the mid-game and a high-priority target gets placed on a late-game boss, but in this case it's basically between two early-game bosses anyway, so I fail to see why it would matter.

It's because natstar's mind is stuck firmly in 2018 on everything game-related and he doesn't realize that Finalmecia hasn't been a late-game boss anymore for a long time.

I wonder how many newish players that have actually just reached Finalmecia are in a position to afford spending kobans on two LD girls at once, let alone players who are even newer than that. Kinkoid could put the two LD girls on Dark Lord and Ninja spy, but what's the point? And of course, as Fiel noted, the goalposts were promptly moved from "girls should be on lower bosses" to "girls should be on all the bosses". Hurray for a game experience that is as challenge-free as possible.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

I wonder how many newish players that have actually just reached Finalmecia are in a position to afford spending kobans on two LD girls at once

Very few. I remember getting to that stage before the shard drop change and deciding to go for one girl and then thinking I would have to wait a year for the second girl (I think it was either Silver Lupa or Darla). Either way, it was easier for me to get one girl back then than it is now, and I am still waiting for Silver Lupa or Darla to make a return appearance.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slynia said:

She's not charming with her attitude/personality.
She hates pain and to be ordered around, so she's definitely not hardcore either.
She is a goddess, a very dumb one, but a goddess non the less, so it makes sense that know-how, while not fitting, is still the best choice.

But all of this should be disregarded and thrown out the window as this is a PARODY and who Nero is has next to nothing to do with Aqua.
Aqua is from the Konosuba universe, and Nero is from the Haremverse, it's like comparing DC's Batman with Marvel's Ironman.

Aqua is hard-core in her devotion to stupidity.   I originally wanted to go with simply hard-core stupid, but I decided to be a bit generous by adding charming idiot.  It's even justified in a couple of ways. Her party tricks are a hit with a crowd so you could say she is charming during her performances.  She also has her fans both in real life and in-universe so she does have a certain charisma with some people.

There's not an ounce of "know-how" in her though.  Luna even states explicitly that Aqua's intelligence stat is among the lowest she has ever seen.

Parody works by exaggerating a work's traits.  It can't be too different or it becomes an entirely new work rather than a parody.

DC and Marvel weren't parodying each other per se.  They were simply in fierce competition to sell comics from the 1950's to 1970's and copied each other's ideas that proved popular.

31 minutes ago, Waifulord Sam said:

Aqua is hard-core in her devotion to stupidity.

No, she isn't devoted to being stupid, she's naturally stupid. That's not what this "hardcore" means anyway.

Her party tricks are a hit with a crowd so you could say she is charming during her performances.  She also has her fans both in real life and in-universe so she does have a certain charisma with some people.

Sure, this I can somewhat agree with. However, her fans don't even know who she is, as none of them recognized her as the water goddess when she visited a follower village.

There's not an ounce of "know-how" in her though.  Luna even states explicitly that Aqua's intelligence stat is among the lowest she has ever seen.

Wrong. You are mixing up intelligence with knowledge. Intelligence has almost nothing to do with know-how, or are you saying that people who have to study more than others to pass their classes or education to get their dream job doesn't have an ounce of know-how cuz their intelligence is below average? Aqua is confirmed to be thousands of years old, surely she passes as know-how in her amount of knowledge or experiences she has experienced during this time.

Parody works by exaggerating a work's traits.  It can't be too different or it becomes an entirely new work rather than a parody.

Parody: is a work which is created to imitate and/or make fun of or comment on an original work—its subject, author, style or some other target—by means of satiric or ironic imitation.

See? Why can't the writers decide to change Nero's personality to be know-how? 

But I confess that parody is kind of the wrong word, as most HH girls are more inspired by than that of a parody of other works, and if they're "just" inspired, they can indeed be as you say, entirely new work.

DC and Marvel weren't parodying each other per se.  They were simply in fierce competition to sell comics from the 1950's to 1970's and copied each other's ideas that proved popular.

You are completely missing my point. 

This is too off topic for me right now so if you strictly want to discuss Aqua or definitions further, please tag me and reply in the Off-Topic section.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slynia said:
52 minutes ago, Waifulord Sam said:

Wrong. You are mixing up intelligence with knowledge.

Very important distinction to make indeed. This amalgam is all too common, unfortunately.

Besides, this entire off-topic thought experiment by our friend Sam only works under the gravely mistaken assumption that this game's three classes are each rigidly defined in terms of each allowing or requiring certain personality traits or other character design qualities that differ from the other two classes... Dude, half the long-time recurring characters have had variants in at least one if not both other classes. We have Know-How barbarians, Hardcore angels, and Charm teachers in this game. Maybe don't read too much into which girl happens to be which class, eh? ^^

And plus one: this is pretty off-topic at that point. It's fine to evoke the mainstream character that the new harem girl hints at, but let's be charming and know how not to be hardcore about it.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Very few. I remember getting to that stage before the shard drop change and deciding to go for one girl and then thinking I would have to wait a year for the second girl (I think it was either Silver Lupa or Darla). Either way, it was easier for me to get one girl back then than it is now, and I am still waiting for Silver Lupa or Darla to make a return appearance.

Just saying, but Silver Lupa's in the Mythic, right now, if you've got any multi orbs left...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ruby150 said:

Just saying, but Silver Lupa's in the Mythic, right now, if you've got any multi orbs left...

Yes, that's right, along with Xmas Rabbi and Halloween Lupa(?).  I managed to get Silver Lupa in my destitute account, Lili.  At last I have a 5-star legendary in the right class for that account.

In the meantime, I was celebrating a weekend in the konosuba style.

kns.png.04d04b9d79834728daf479d05526d07f.png

I even overdid it a little in the end.

ar.gif.a444f94db6307827370ffdd2492bf794.gif

And about the classes of girls, I always thought that this is nothing more than an indication of their sexual preferences, which are not particularly related to the character in life. And in general, all this is rather arbitrary. That same Bunny has both hardcore and charm versions. For me, KH is quite suitable for Aqua.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, natstar said:

People can have two blue haired 5 star girls in their harem team if they have Valentina she was a legendary days know how girl as well.

To bad Nero is not 5.4 know-how and her charm/hardcore are pretty close as well so cannot use her for a strong hardcore or charm defense either.

My thoughts exactly. She will never be the Alpha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ali-n said:

Extremely frustrating luck thus far... Almost two full days of battling Finalmecia and only 5 shards dropped.

I can understand your frustration. I have 9 shard drops on her at the moment. The thing is that without spending kobans on getting several combat refills, the odds are with the house on getting the girl. I consider anything besides the money as a win because every one of the other rewards is worth more than the straight cash. When it comes to the second girl, my goal is to get as close as possible, collect orbs and HH tickets, and, with luck, unlock the next tier.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:10 PM, Fiel said:

If the first concern is fake, then they are actually compatible after all.  😜

On 10/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, Lemus said:

In the meantime, I was celebrating a weekend in the konosuba style.

kns.png.04d04b9d79834728daf479d05526d07f.png

I even overdid it a little in the end.

ar.gif.a444f94db6307827370ffdd2492bf794.gif

And about the classes of girls, I always thought that this is nothing more than an indication of their sexual preferences, which are not particularly related to the character in life. And in general, all this is rather arbitrary. That same Bunny has both hardcore and charm versions. For me, KH is quite suitable for Aqua.

Exactly my thoughts. One can be stupid, but really KNOW HOW to have great sex. She's a goddess, sure she knows some neat tricks. 

• Like 1