Patch Notes Week #45

Noacc

• Community Manager

Patch_Notes_HH.png.9a23d6a9fd8d851f92d262fe634a7d9f.png

New content

Seasons 

• Seasons have been released!

We have replaced the Arena and Leaderboards with a brand PvP new feature – the Seasons!

Welcome to the first Season of the Rose!

• Seasons are starting and ending on the 1st of each month, 13:00 server time (UTC+1)
    • Performing against other players will cost a new resource called Kisses
      • 1 Kiss will replenish every hour.
      • Kisses can be refilled.
    • Each Season players’ Mojo will be reset and they will be able to perform against other players, gain Mojo and earn cool rewards.
    • You can get the Season Pass for more rewards and an extra girls
    • There will be a top 200 Mojo ranking for the top players 
    • The girls are exclusive for the Seasons feature

image4.png

• After each Season, the current Mojo will have a soft-reset (depending on where you end up, you will be reset to a different Mojo amount)
    • The soft-reset can mean that you may have some rewards ready to Claim at the start of the next season. 

Changes in the Seasons 

Starting today we’ve made a few changes to balance things out in the Seasons.

Matchmaking 

• Matchmaking will take into account player level. You will be matched with players +/- 40 levels of you. 

Mojo increased

• The range of Mojo is increased to 1 – 40 (from 1 -32) and the average Mojo won is 20 (from 16) which means faster progression in the Season.

image3-600x305.png

For more information on the Seasons can visit our blog.

Since this is the first season, the new feature may undergo some changes, bug fixes, and improvements. 

For future improvements of the Seasons, we are closely monitoring your feedback and have shared most of your concerns with our game designers.

Here are some answers from a brief interview with our lead game designer.

Q: Some players are worried because the selection of the opponents isn’t done by level but by mojo.

-That system should balance itself out throughout the Season. The first one will be the hardest in the beginning for sure. For future Seasons we have a system to reset the Mojo according to the one you finished. 

Q: Players are concerned with the defense bug which has an impact on the Mojo

-This bug is being re-investigated by both our QA and Tech team.

Q: Lower level players can’t find same level opponents to battle with
  We are aware of this issue and are thinking of ways of solving it as quickly as possible. We are already testing a couple of ideas for this issue.
(Matchmaking and Mojo increased )

Q: The Path of Attraction will be affected by the change for the Arena 

-Yes, that is true, there will be less PvP performances in total. Next PoA objectives will be most likely rebalanced to take that into account.

Q: What value do players receive from participating in the Season?

A: In terms of value, there are the Free Rewards and Season Pass

– ALL Free rewards: which is in a total of 16,700 Kobans worth.

– ALL Pass rewards: total value of 22,200 Kobans worth. 

Q: The Arena was a good option for players who had a low level in the League. Now, the Arena won’t be sufficient if a player can’t win a performance via the leagues.

– The new system will self-balance with time, it is a full 1-month Season. Every active player stats should be able to get the exclusive girl. We will keep a close look on how this is going in reality and adjust for next Seasons.

Q: Is it possible for a player on tier 1 to fight against a player on tier 5?

The range is basically +/-25% of your Mojo. For example: if you are at 1200 Mojo, the opponents will be between 900 and 1500. If you are at 2000 Mojo, the opponents will be between 1500 and 2500.

• Thanks 6

It is great to read that the rebalancing comes with some short term solutions and that there are more solutions underway for next month.

(and that the november PoA should already be rebalanced at least in requirements)

How it will work out, we will see. 

I never expect to get all rewards with my style of playing - the big question is always "what defines an active player and what can this type of player achieve on average?"

51 minutes ago, Noacc said:

– ALL Free rewards: which is in a total of 16,700 Kobans worth.

An outstanding piece of math I see here, young padawans!

original.thumb.jpeg.7a83b16c7b0a64362e1d2e75b697a508.jpeg

• Haha 7

Again i like the feature and i knew that It fixes After the First one ( that's why i know that the people should not freacking out about the different lvl matchmaking). The only thing that Is a very big no Is the paywall, even if we leave apart the girl (only God knows if we'll see her again T.T) the exp Is going to create an abyss between f2p and paying players. I mean i really like the game becouse there isn't a huge line between these categories, can we not start drawing It now please ?

Edited by Xemnas

The level restrictions & mojo adjustment are a huge improvement -- Thank you! I'm still reluctant to validate the decision to make the Season Pass a, for want of a better term, 'money only' purchase though, which is ironic as if I'd been given the option of buying it with money or kobans then, following last month's koban-draining events, I probably would've quite happily bought the Season Pass with money.

Edited by Caradog
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kathrin said:

Matchmaking 

• Matchmaking will take into account player level. You will be matched with players +/- 40 levels of you. 

Hello, I have level 162 and I am confronted with levels above 300. There must be something wrong? 

Yeah, you didn't quote the part relevant to your situation, that's what seems to be wrong in your post:

3 hours ago, Noacc said:

We are aware of this issue and are thinking of ways of solving it as quickly as possible. We are already testing a couple of ideas for this issue.
(Matchmaking and Mojo increased )

3 hours ago, Noacc said:

Matchmaking will take into account player level. You will be matched with players +/- 40 levels of you. 

Mod Edit: Use memes sparingly please. Spoiler tags added. Cheers.

bigassonthemainserver.thumb.png.1d9bec693f7604380c9ee936cd6c117c.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Lemus said:

Mod Edit: Use memes sparingly please. Spoiler tags added. Cheers.

Fun detected: Exterminate, exterminate
One of the biggest and most glaring issues fixed, that people told you about when it was on the Test server, good job KK, have a cookie.
Seasons still suck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, you didn't quote the part relevant to your situation, that's what seems to be wrong in your post:

How do you read from the patch notes, that the new level restriction "+- 40 lvl" is not in effect for "low levels" like lvl162?

I'd rather ask @Kathrin

if the situation "lvl162 vs lvl300+" is visible after a fight with the new matchmaking or not?

=> so when you fight now, do you still get opponents out of the +-40 level range?

Because the season has no opponent auto refresh, if this opponent is selected before the patch, you unfortunately need to take the loss and then it should work as written by KK.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Čamuga said:

Fun detected: Exterminate, exterminate

Ha ha.

3 hours ago, windia said:

How do you read from the patch notes, that the new level restriction "+- 40 lvl" is not in effect for "low levels" like lvl162? 

How do you not notice the present tense used throughout the part of the lead designer interview I quoted? There IS a matchmaking issue for low-level players specifically. The very low-level player in question cited a general change instead, apparently not aware of the other issue which answered their own question. I hope that's clear enough for you now.

@Lemus please check your profile, you have a warning there. I hope the correct message will come across to you this time. This isn't a place for flame wars and the mentality thereof, and when a moderator moderates, it's to keep the forum clean and on track, not to pick a fight with a specific user. I'm pretty bummed out that I had to spell that out to a regular and usually interesting poster like you.

TO ALL: Please keep this thread on-topic and constructive. It stays open in order to collect feedback and hopefully see some proper discussion about the Patch Notes it announced. We already have WAY too many threads about the Seasons feature as it is, and people are posting all over the place about it (mostly complaints and fake "bug reports"). That's how you lose the plot, not how you make your valid points actually heard. Let's try to focus a bit more, people. You're better than that.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 3

On topic

I will comment on main points in patch notes although some of them have been covered before, but I think is instructive having all of them in the same place

We have replaced the Arena and Leaderboards with a brand PvP new feature – the Seasons! I will miss the old leaderboard as a search tool to check on other players and see my own progression in the game. I didn't know that so many players relied so much in Arena to get resources.

Each Season players’ Mojo will be reset. Good for new and low level players, although the first month having all people mixed is being a nuisance for weaker players during the first days.

You can get the Season Pass for more rewards and an extra girls  Bad that it cost real money. 👎 Note for everybody: The pass don't help you to reach tiers, so is not advisable buying it in the first days of the month until you can guess if you will reach a good tier of rewards. About the worries some players expressed about XP behind the paid pass, the amount is under 50000XP, at high levels that is 1/3 or 1/4 of a level, so even if it is a great boost for lower and medium level players, at top rankings it equals 4-5 levels per year at most. I wouldn't call that P2W, only a small help.

There will be a top 200 Mojo ranking for the top players I would have loved a complete searchable ranking with link to the players profile as in the old leaderboard.

The girls are exclusive for the Seasons feature Putting a girl in I understand this as they will not appear in pachinko or in bosses but I expect that the girls will come back, whether in later seasons, or in another kind of revival. If not, the pass girl will be kind of patreon girl, unreachable for most players. Depends on if and how this is implemented that it is positive or negative.

After each Season, the current Mojo will have a soft-reset (depending on where you end up, you will be reset to a different Mojo amount). The soft-reset can mean that you may have some rewards ready to Claim at the start of the next seasonGood 👍 that way new and low level players won't have to fight with the more competitive ones initially in the season. And if you ranked high the last season you will have some initial free rewards and the next season will be easier as you will need less mojo to complete it.

Changes in the Seasons 

Matchmaking will take into account player level. You will be matched with players +/- 40 levels of you.  👍 it was really needed some limitation like this

The range of Mojo is increased to 1 – 40 (from 1 -32) and the average Mojo won is 20 (from 16) which means faster progression in the Season. 👍 Easier to add mojo, but also a risk to lose more mojo in defeats.

Here are some answers from a brief interview with our lead game designer.

Q: Some players are worried because the selection of the opponents isn’t done by level but by mojo.

-That system should balance itself out throughout the Season. The first one will be the hardest in the beginning for sure. For future Seasons we have a system to reset the Mojo according to the one you finished.  I agree with this, although this first week is being a mess for many people, later on ther will be a stratification of players and will be easier to advance

Q: Players are concerned with the defense bug which has an impact on the Mojo

-This bug is being re-investigated by both our QA and Tech team. Thanks, I expect them to finally solve this, because it is very annoying when you found confronted with top players affected by it.

–We are aware of this issue and are thinking of ways of solving it as quickly as possible. We are already testing a couple of ideas for this issue.
(Matchmaking and Mojo increased ) Let's see later if this works well. In any case if a lower level player tries to rush the season tiers refilling kisses early on, he will reach a point in which their opponents will be a lot stronger than him

Q: The Path of Attraction will be affected by the change for the Arena 

-Yes, that is true, there will be less PvP performances in total. Next PoA objectives will be most likely rebalanced to take that into account.   👍 People started to claim too early about this issue, but it was obvious that some rebalance would be done.

– ALL Free rewards: which is in a total of 16,700 Kobans worth. EDIT: passed the rewards to equivalents in kobans, the number I obtained is close to this.

Q: The Arena was a good option for players who had a low level in the League. Now, the Arena won’t be sufficient if a player can’t win a performance via the leagues.

– The new system will self-balance with time, it is a full 1-month Season. Every active player stats should be able to get the exclusive girl. We will keep a close look on how this is going in reality and adjust for next Seasons. Well, I think players under level 250 will have a hard time obtaining the girl at tier 35, but let give this month to test the waters.

Q: Is it possible for a player on tier 1 to fight against a player on tier 5?

–The range is basically +/-25% of your Mojo. For example: if you are at 1200 Mojo, the opponents will be between 900 and 1500. If you are at 2000 Mojo, the opponents will be between 1500 and 2500. Thanks for the info 👌

Edited by jelom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Patch notes failed to address the main concern of a lot of people, the real money price tag. IMO it needs a koban unlock option, just make it a bit pricey (2000-2500?) and give people the option of using kobans OR money. At the very least they need more payment options than credit card only, as at least some cards/banks block payments to Bulgaria.

On to the patch notes...

12 hours ago, Noacc said:

After each Season, the current Mojo will have a soft-reset (depending on where you end up, you will be reset to a different Mojo amount)

• The soft-reset can mean that you may have some rewards ready to Claim at the start of the next season. 

So we won't all be set back to 1000 mojo at the start of a new season, wonder about the exact mechanics of this.

Matchmaking will take into account player level. You will be matched with players +/- 40 levels of you.

This should help all but the top players, who probably don't need any help anyways.

The range of Mojo is increased to 1 – 40 (from 1 -32) and the average Mojo won is 20 (from 16) which means faster progression in the Season.

A very nice change, the extremely tight deadline is loosened a bit.

Also good to see they're already aware of how this will impact PoA and that they know about the defense bug.

Don't know if they fixed it or it fixed itself but my tutorial loop bug also ended.

Overall a good start to a bumpy rollout, just need to smooth a few more problems out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jelom said:

at top rankings it equals 4-5 levels per year at most. I wouldn't call that P2W, only a small help.

I must admit i didn't do the math, if you say so then is probably fine i won't complain about it

11 minutes ago, jelom said:

I understand this as they will not appear in pachinko or in bosses but I expect that the girls will come back, whether in later seasons, or in another kind of revival. If not, the pass girl will be kind of patreon girl, unreachable for most players

I already knew that there are unique patreon girls, and i was well aware that i will not even able to even just see them. My concer was about this, let me try to find the right words: as i understood the patreon girls are created by the artist from nothing they are "original", here instead are gonna be placed in the season pass "parody" girls, and here is the thing i don't like. If the girl in question was a more "famous" and loved one like uhm.... Valetina (Tifa from FFVII) i personally would have felt a lot worst. For now is "only" (T.T) a gurren Raggan parody, but what about the next one ?

As feedback for the season i think is a cool feature itself, is fine with the mojo increase and now should be possible to come to the end "of the path", and yes now i'm finding only players that are close or a little above my lvl. Again the only thing that i don't like is putting a "parody girl" out of reach for the majority of the players. If she will be back even in 200000 years, then i'm ok with it, but only if us "unlucky players", will have our chance to get her ( \them since there are gonna be a lot of season passes).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jelom said:

On topic

I will comment on main points in patch notes although some of them have been covered before, but I think is instructive having all of them in the same place

Thank you. Very nice read, with multiple clear and valid points.

9 hours ago, Taorin said:

Patch notes failed to address the main concern of a lot of people, the real money price tag. IMO it needs a koban unlock option, just make it a bit pricey (2000-2500?) and give people the option of using kobans OR money.

Indeed. This is such a massive departure from the game's approach to monetization and F2P design philosophy until now (and a negative one imho, one that puts the game on a slippery slope in that regard, even)... The minute I've read the initial announcement that dropped this news, last Friday, I expected a huge community backlash about it, or at the very least a ton of feedback and discussion around this specific point. It's bar none the biggest and most discussion-worthy change to the game in the entire Seasons addition. The importance of this move as well as the less than ideal timing of its announcement (just before a weekend, and barely a couple days before the feature was scheduled to go live) made it all the more urgent for the community to unite and focus on it, in my eyes. I even re-posted the announcement for EN myself on Saturday when I noticed it was missing, so it wouldn't wait until Monday. Alas, while there was a ton of negative feedback, complaints and backlash as expected, it wasn't focused, it wasn't clear, most of it was instantly dismissed as it took inappropriate forms, and so much of it was about every last detail of the feature itself and/or its unfinished work-in-progress vibe in terms of design, interface, balance, bugs and whatever else... that the major issue worth noting and discussing above all else was completely drowned in that natural smoke screen.

Unfortunately, I was pretty busy IRL over the past few days, and I'm also in a pretty bad shape to boot, so I was unable to monitor or help channeling community feedback on this topic. And as it turned out, the community response was so diverse, so abundant and so hard to even follow (let alone compile and summarize) that I'm super impressed by and grateful for what @Noacc managed to make of it on such short notice (and my fellow mods did so much work behind the scenes to keep the forum from becoming just a sea of "Seasons this", "Seasons that" and especially "Seasons bleurgh" separate, disparate, and equally invalid threads... you guys have no idea).

So yeah, that crucial turning point in the 4+ years history of this game kind of slipped through the cracks so far. It might not be too late to right this wrong, though. How about some solid, usable feedback and/or discussion on it now that we're hopefully all paying attention?

I'll add my 2 cents for the record (to be extra clear: what follows is my own opinion as a player and a member of this community, not as a moderator): I've always fiercely defended the notion that HH is, by and large, a game that does F2P the right way, as opposed to tons of games that fall into the P2W trap. The introduction of an objective real-money paywall for regular in-game content puts a very big dent in that claim, unfortunately. I'm concerned that if Kinkoid doesn't reconsider this move, the game will suffer from it in the long run.

And as it's been mentioned: Patreon exclusives aren't comparable to this at all in my book. Sure, there were already a number of things technically only available to a few very big spenders, but they were much closer to exclusive cosmetics than actual regular in-game power. Here, we're witnessing the introduction of an actual real-money paywall on half the content of what's meant to replace Arena and weekly LB rewards as a big permanent part of the game. That's concerning.

• Like 11

I do not want to turn you against myself. Your post is of course interesting to read, but it seems to me that you yourself do not comply with your requirement, discuss the notes for the patch, and not the seasons and features associated with their introduction. In the text of the patch notes, I do not see any changes or discussions regarding real-money paywall.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod Edit: Huge unnecessary quote removed to save space

3 hours ago, Forman said:

In the text of the patch notes, I do not see any changes or discussions regarding real-money paywall.

Exactly. No answer is an answer. The lack of any news or even a mention of this crucial point is something worth discussing about these patch notes. Hope this helps. Edit: Beyond that, it would be awesome to read a little bit between the lines, folks. Don't take things too literally. Don't think "comply with your requirement", think about the substance and context of what's being said. That's more important.

Edited by DvDivXXX
clarification
  • Like 4

Well, dialogue is good.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Exactly. No answer is an answer. The lack of any news or even a mention of this crucial point is something worth discussing about these patch notes. Hope this helps.

I see a flaw in your statement. I can split the topics related to the update into several categories.
1 Removing the Arena and Leaderboards.
2 Mechanics of Seasons.
3 Seasons Design.
4 Testing and reaction to feedback from developers.
5 Content accessible for real money.
6 Influence of the Seasons on other gameplay elements.

Which of these is mentioned in the patch note? 2, 6 and partially 1.
You say that Category 5 is a crucial point and is worth discussing here. It is reasonable to believe that the decision to introduce this type of content was made deliberately and not at the time the update was released. After all, they calculated the risks.

Isn't category 4 more important? That is, knowing that content with access for real money will inevitably entail some negative reaction, they did not try to smooth the situation by testing and fixing the update as much as possible before launching into release. Almost everything that players encountered on live servers was indicated and discussed in the test topic. And despite this, the update was launched into release. So a logical question arises, was it done, even despite the reviews from the test? If so, then what happens on the forum does not have any decisive influence on the developers. If not, and they did not see the problems being discussed, and began to react only when complaints from all sources of feedback began, then there are more important sources of feedback, in contrast to the forum.

If we do not have a normal communication channel with them, then what difference does it make what we tell them. And the actions of the developers in the current situation, which they themselves have created, not only does not contribute to the settlement of the situation, but also raises doubts, the very fact of their interest in this. Was there any activity of developers in connection with the influx of players to the forum? An attempt at a dialogue from them and discussing some points? Creating a topic for proposals accepted for consideration, so that users understand what they hear and do not repeat the proposals a hundred times? No. People who are dissatisfied with the update come, write and do not see the feedback from the developers on the forum. Disappointment only grows, and the situation on the forum is heating up. Moderators, which players associate with developers, although they are not, are at the forefront. Their actions by irritated people can be perceived ambiguously.

I wrote a "requirement" precisely based on the context of your actions and the previous part of the post. You changed the user's comment, and after his negative reaction to this, you cleared the topic of unnecessary messages, scolded him and issued him a warning. The words of a person who has just punished another person is difficult to perceive differently. Perhaps I alone took it this way.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thank you. Very nice read, with multiple clear and valid points.

Indeed. This is such a massive departure from the game's approach to monetization and F2P design philosophy until now (and a negative one imho, one that puts the game on a slippery slope in that regard, even)... The minute I've read the initial announcement that dropped this news, last Friday, I expected a huge community backlash about it, or at the very least a ton of feedback and discussion around this specific point. It's bar none the biggest and most discussion-worthy change to the game in the entire Seasons addition. The importance of this move as well as the less than ideal timing of its announcement (just before a weekend, and barely a couple days before the feature was scheduled to go live) made it all the more urgent for the community to unite and focus on it, in my eyes. I even re-posted the announcement for EN myself on Saturday when I noticed it was missing, so it wouldn't wait until Monday. Alas, while there was a ton of negative feedback, complaints and backlash as expected, it wasn't focused, it wasn't clear, most of it was instantly dismissed as it took inappropriate forms, and so much of it was about every last detail of the feature itself and/or its unfinished work-in-progress vibe in terms of design, interface, balance, bugs and whatever else... that the major issue worth noting and discussing above all else was completely drowned in that natural smoke screen.

Unfortunately, I was pretty busy IRL over the past few days, and I'm also in a pretty bad shape to boot, so I was unable to monitor or help channeling community feedback on this topic. And as it turned out, the community response was so diverse, so abundant and so hard to even follow (let alone compile and summarize) that I'm super impressed by and grateful for what @Noacc managed to make of it on such short notice (and my fellow mods did so much work behind the scenes to keep the forum from becoming just a sea of "Seasons this", "Seasons that" and especially "Seasons bleurgh" separate, disparate, and equally invalid threads... you guys have no idea).

So yeah, that crucial turning point in the 4+ years history of this game kind of slipped through the cracks so far. It might not be too late to right this wrong, though. How about some solid, usable feedback and/or discussion on it now that we're hopefully all paying attention?

I'll add my 2 cents for the record (to be extra clear: what follows is my own opinion as a player and a member of this community, not as a moderator): I've always fiercely defended the notion that HH is, by and large, a game that does F2P the right way, as opposed to tons of games that fall into the P2W trap. The introduction of an objective real-money paywall for regular in-game content puts a very big dent in that claim, unfortunately. I'm concerned that if Kinkoid doesn't reconsider this move, the game will suffer from it in the long run.

And as it's been mentioned: Patreon exclusives aren't comparable to this at all in my book. Sure, there were already a number of things technically only available to a few very big spenders, but they were much closer to exclusive cosmetics than actual regular in-game power. Here, we're witnessing the introduction of an actual real-money paywall on half the content of what's meant to replace Arena and weekly LB rewards as a big permanent part of the game. That's concerning.

I've seen it many times in many games i've played and i have to tell you, once a pay to win mechanic sneaks inside a game it sticks, it's not removed it just takes a new form-some ar e less visible than others, but that's that. And their intent to push the game in a more competitive direction speaks clearly where those types of monetization will sneak in. Seasons, Legendary contests and PoA  because of their competitive tasks.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1