​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2024 ​📜​

Noacc

The feature was always meant to have 48-hour runs, right from the announcement when it went to TS for the first time.

The double pace was basically a good will gesture (more fun for those of us who enjoy the feature itself, more freebies for everyone willing to play it) slash extended beta-testing and feedback collecting from the live player base. And it lasted a bit longer than initially planned.

As much as I love this adorable mini dungeon run lite within HH, I don't think having a run to make every single day would be a good thing for most players in the long run.

I'd still love the option to make free runs without any rewards just for training, testing out strategies and having fun when I feel like it, though. And they might consider increasing the coin drops a bit (or adjusting the price tags down in the coin shop), as others have pointed out.

But double rewards (and also double tasks) permanently would just be too much. It could lead to both player fatigue and a bit of imbalance in the game's economy in the long run.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Master-17 said:

Well, no one forces you to go through this labyrinth every day? If you want, you can do this once every two days, or every day.

This is probably not the same for everyone, but I would feel like I miss or loose something, if I did not finish the Labyrinth when possible, same as I always aim to finish DGs/DMs, use all resources from natural regeneration and generally participate all events. Without this, I feel like I am falling behind, loosing opportunities or factually miss resources which help to win future contests etc. I am over average ambitious, perfectionist, but I am sure that there are many players who at least won't feel happy to just skip ingame elements which give resources because they start to cost too much time.

Hence my vote to keep the possible time sinks in the game limited, so that it is possible to "finish" a day ingame while you have a RL job, household and family/friends as well.

I stopped playing an MMO once because it meant either succeeding ingame or succeeding in my study, and I started to play a browser game because I thought/hoped that such a decision won't be required there.

• Like 4

En 14/12/2023 a las 13:27, Horsting dijo:

I am against it: This costs too much additional time every day for casual players IMO. I can afford it, but it am at the edge, and I play HH only, no clone. Much time is also wasted on checking back for league opponent stats since the booster indicator is still unreliable, so if the tons of bugs across the game which cost additional time are solved, it might be just okay (for me).

we no need more time if you playing sometimes you can learn how play it,the problem of course if you have the quest do 1 or 3 stair in the labyrinth ,but sometimes people have the quest win 20 times in leagues or in pvp and today is super difficult do it ,at least in pantheon say us do pantheon and nevermind win or loss

then with more updates for crown us become more difficult allways when we attack us but in labyrinth at least we no are attacking us, and is something relax (maybe sometimes i lost 3 times in a  battle but i no lost nothing if i compare with kisses or condoms when the game choose it

of course today i no used labyrinth because i am waiting for the quest in event (maybe never happen or happened when i finish the labyrinth)

• Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, Megawewo said:

we no need more time if you playing sometimes you can learn how play it

Of course you need additional time for additional floors. I learned how to play the Labyrinth with all its bugs and quirks, but clicking through the 3 floors, in case adjusting the team by times, depending on opponent, choose the path and the relics, all this costs time. In current easy mode, when not bothering wasting some girls on the way, you might to it in 15 minutes, but with harder difficulty, or when you aim to get max rewards by choosing the hardest opponents, 30 minutes are realistic for 3 floors.

The DGs for a feature which can be played just limited is a dedicated issue. I had 3 of them on 1st day those were added. Those are prevented when you cleared the Laby the previous day, but I can imagine that you could still run into unsolvable goals when e.g. clearing all but the last boos on 1st day, or only a small number of remaining opponents. So it is at least not without any problems. However, I am fine with it since it means that "get a new girl", "restock the marked" and such annoying goals are less likely.

25 minutes ago, Megawewo said:

win 20 times in leagues or in pvp and today is super difficult do it

I remember when I entered D3, the first weeks it was indeed often impossible to solve these goals, when they appear on last league day, where only the hardest opponents with moreless assured losses were left. Luckily I win most or all league battles nowadays. What I did that time is to keep some weak opponents unbattled for the last day. In seasons of course such does not work, but I never had issues winning in seasons.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Megawewo said:

sometimes people have the quest win 20 times in leagues or in pvp and today is super difficult do it ,at least in pantheon say us do pantheon and nevermind win or loss

This can happen even to regular D3 winners too. Sometimes I get "win 7 league fights" on a Wednesday when I've already played all my league fights for the week. And even when I get a daily goal task like that in the middle of a league, I won't risk losing points in my league just to complete a daily goal.

"Get a new Girl" is another one that's way harder for late-game veterans than more recent players. Along with "Get Affection Shards" (which shows up a bit too often to my taste in DP).

There will always be tasks we won't or simply can't complete. Thankfully it's very rare that it blocks us completely (not getting the maximum 150 points from Daily Goals is one thing, not reaching 100 points to get all the daily chests would be another).

On top of that, they already clarified that you're not supposed to get Labyrinth-related tasks on the second day of a 48-hour cycle if you've already finished your run on the first day. So that's just fine.

---

Anyways, your opinion has been heard. You'd like Labyrinth cycles to last one day instead of two days. You're in the minority in that. Try enjoying it as it is: it's an awesome addition to the game and playing it every other day is already sweet.

• Like 3

hace 21 horas, Horsting dijo:

Of course you need additional time for additional floors. I learned how to play the Labyrinth with all its bugs and quirks, but clicking through the 3 floors, in case adjusting the team by times, depending on opponent, choose the path and the relics, all this costs time. In current easy mode, when not bothering wasting some girls on the way, you might to it in 15 minutes, but with harder difficulty, or when you aim to get max rewards by choosing the hardest opponents, 30 minutes are realistic for 3 floors.

The DGs for a feature which can be played just limited is a dedicated issue. I had 3 of them on 1st day those were added. Those are prevented when you cleared the Laby the previous day, but I can imagine that you could still run into unsolvable goals when e.g. clearing all but the last boos on 1st day, or only a small number of remaining opponents. So it is at least not without any problems. However, I am fine with it since it means that "get a new girl", "restock the marked" and such annoying goals are less likely.

I remember when I entered D3, the first weeks it was indeed often impossible to solve these goals, when they appear on last league day, where only the hardest opponents with moreless assured losses were left. Luckily I win most or all league battles nowadays. What I did that time is to keep some weak opponents unbattled for the last day. In seasons of course such does not work, but I never had issues winning in seasons.

hace 6 horas, DvDivXXX dijo:

This can happen even to regular D3 winners too. Sometimes I get "win 7 league fights" on a Wednesday when I've already played all my league fights for the week. And even when I get a daily goal task like that in the middle of a league, I won't risk losing points in my league just to complete a daily goal.

"Get a new Girl" is another one that's way harder for late-game veterans than more recent players. Along with "Get Affection Shards" (which shows up a bit too often to my taste in DP).

There will always be tasks we won't or simply can't complete. Thankfully it's very rare that it blocks us completely (not getting the maximum 150 points from Daily Goals is one thing, not reaching 100 points to get all the daily chests would be another).

On top of that, they already clarified that you're not supposed to get Labyrinth-related tasks on the second day of a 48-hour cycle if you've already finished your run on the first day. So that's just fine.

---

Anyways, your opinion has been heard. You'd like Labyrinth cycles to last one day instead of two days. You're in the minority in that. Try enjoying it as it is: it's an awesome addition to the game and playing it every other day is already sweet.

yes ,2 things horrible in game that become bored the game and become us angry but kinkoid no put a survey with good questions ,and of course need answer for high level because you and you (sure are high levels and have many years here) but more of the time you play in leagues in kisses or another why we are losing the fights and of course the time

my boss club one time say me : ehrn updated the game it was fast because we want put bulbs we want up level we want put equipment in girls ; then who haved kobans spend all in buy it and of course if somebody can buy with real money,the most easy for it was we can get equipm,ent each battle combativity then alll people can upgrade girls

then 3 things in a small time was the worst thing for the game ,the problem in one month sure will as another update then people become more and more crazy

less update and more time for fun

of couse is horrible when you get the quest get one girl and you no have girls in pool but i think with the new update (more pachinkos)maybe it will be different

of course i say no a bad updates but my finger when i go to make the survey a pick and pick i want moreee but the problem with want more is when kinkoid change something like no is in our brain ,or maybe they copy paste one ill brain like a zombie

• Juicy peach 1

Patch Notes are up for Week #51 (not my doing for this thread's OP, thanks to whoever was faster than me, probably Luna or Holy).

New scroll in Adventure mode, a few bug fixes, and results and plans from the recent Features Survey.

TL;DR: Most of the player base loves Labyrinth and wants more, but not a new Mythic Booster for it. Most of us also want the game to be more stable and the proposed Pachinko V2 upgrade the most.

28 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

TL;DR: Most of the player base loves Labyrinth and wants more, but not a new Mythic Booster for it. Most of us also want the game to be more stable and the proposed Pachinko V2 upgrade the most.

Dont know why people are so excited about the new pachinko. This is just a perfect opportunity for kinkoid to flush all the orbs and all players will massively lose from that.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, 430i said:

Dont know why people are so excited about the new pachinko. This is just a perfect opportunity for kinkoid to flush all the orbs and all players will massively lose from that.

How so? I would need to read the description again to refresh my memory, honestly, but I seem to recall them speaking about more customization and more choices in general, which sounds great to me.

As a veteran with empty pachinko pools, I'm not likely to benefit from the changes as much (if at all), but for players with lots of girls left to catch, it should be an improvement. Maybe even for people with empty pools, depending on what they change and how. I don't really see how this could turn into a negative change.

36 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

How so? I would need to read the description again to refresh my memory, honestly, but I seem to recall them speaking about more customization and more choices in general, which sounds great to me.

Because they will convert the existing orbs into the "new" orb type, based on their drop chances, but you know they will mess it up, either on purpose or because they are skill-less imbeciles. There will be zero transparency regarding the drop rates and you know they will not take player feedback into account. So one magical day you will wake up with all your orbs gone, converted by some magical formula, to some new pachinko (both recruit and equipment by the way) and the pachinko drops nerfed across the board.

It should be apparent that they have been trying to force people the spend their pachinko orbs, which if I can take a guess had only very limited success, so this is their next attempt

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

They explicitly stated that existing orbs will be converted. However, every good or bad new feature is just rubbish as long as KK is not able to get the existing and recently added features right. Laby still completely buggy, no a single fix regarding this in patch notes. League still compeletely buggy (x3 button, boosters, stats still dropping), GS5 still horribly documented: All other top 4 contenders in my league do not understand how they work, according to their teams, etc etc. Good that "HH Stable" was highest voted, and I hope that everyone added very clear statements to why this is the most important thing to do BEFORE even thinking about any other of these new features and shattering changes. They will be just as buggy, destroying all positive feelings about the idea itself.

10 minutes ago, 430i said:

It should be apparent that they have been trying to force people the spend their pachinko orbs

I do not get why fine-tuning existing features is not an option. If players are accumulating too many orbs, just lower the drop rates (transparently!), a tiny little bit, see the effect, in case another bit. If it affects particular orbs, lower the drop sources, like less from PoPs (transparently!). Of course as player I like more orbs and having a stash. But if it is explained why currently the marked is not optimal, I am fine with adjustments. No need to do shattering new buggy features, which cost hundreds of development time, which should be better invested in fixing bugs and enhancing the gameplay with little changes across the board (taking HH++ and other scripts as free inspiration). Or well, doing some chore, code cleanup, restructuring, to not cause bugs in a totally unrelated place when touching code elsewhere. That has a chance to reduce time and costs for debugging massively.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • uwu 1

2 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Good that "HH Stable" was highest voted

I found it hilarious that this was even in the survey :D

Can you imagine asking your customers whether they want to have new features or the current steaming pile of garbage fixed. You will be laughed out of the door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, 430i said:

I found it hilarious that this was even in the survey :D

Dito. Not trusting in this at all, before I do not see a stop of (new) feature development and instead a long list of bug fixes every week for some months.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

Don't quote me on this, and this isn't insider knowledge (I hope, my memory might be a little fuzzy on some details), but I know that in many companies, particularly the ones that have shareholders, and certainly for Kinkoid as well, announcing something "new" (internally, slash to the shareholders) has a positive impact, whereas unfortunately announcing fixes, adjustments or improvements to existing features does not even register as "news" to the paper-pushers signing the checks (it's not even perceived as less positive, they just don't care at all).

So, basically, it's an open secret in many big businesses that if they want to keep their shareholders happy (or content, rather; I don't think "happy" is a thing for these crowds ^^) they need to find creative ways of disguising improvements as "new" stuff "added" to the product (game) rather than presenting it as what it is. It's often puzzling for the customers, but it makes sense if you put yourself in their shoes.

And it would fit perfectly with a number of things Kinkoid has done in the past and in this very survey and that players tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to laugh about, but actually have a purpose, just not for us directly. "HH Stable" is just a way to (internally) "market" a bunch of tedious optimization and improvements as a "new project", so they can actually devote time and resources on it without being accused of slacking off if they just did it without this ruse. "Labyrinth Extended" sends exactly the same vibe to me, as it's actually just a direct continuation and presumably a lot of work on fixing bugs and other issues with the existing feature "Labyrinth" while still having something "new" to put on the next PowerPoint or financial report, rather than letting the time and money invested in that go to the logical "maintenance" column where they would be ignored or even perceived negatively by a crowd that as a whole has no understanding and no interest in understanding how the business or product works, but likes to see new things announced as they feel it adds value to their investment (and the stock exchange world as a whole runs on rumors, fumes and perception much more than it does on any concrete economical facts, as dumb as it is).

I also distinctly remember something about Nutaku's policy and practice in terms of putting a game on the front page or highlighting news about a game they host on their platform. Basically, if the latest news for a game are "we've improved existing stuff and quashed a bunch of bugs", while that's super positive in and of itself and for the player base, Nutaku skips over it as that's not sexy enough to put on the front page. But if the news are in a form that suggests brand-new stuff added, it's much more likely that the game will get a push in visibility on the platform that week. Basically the same principle applies.

TL;DR: Please don't always assume or expect the worst from Kinkoid. There are things they do that may make no sense to most of us at face value, but actually have a purpose and they might even at least in part be doing them for us, or for the betterment of the game which is pretty close. We're just not necessarily aware of the business side of things and what hoops they need to jump through behind the scenes.

This isn't a blank check to forgive every mistake or accept any bad update or idea, of course. It's absolutely fine to be critical and give honest feedback. But at least for certain things and to a certain extent, please give them the benefit of the doubt, as sometimes "it doesn't make any sense" is only true from our perspective (as in, knowing some people with power behind the scenes see things from a warped and distant perspective, it can actually make sense that Kinkoid makes a move that seems dumb to us and probably to them as well, but is a necessary evil).

The Defense rests, Your Honor.

• Like 2

Probably you are right. But I thought KK is not a stock company, and long out of the phase where investors are possibly required to build up initial infrastructure. This is not an industrial product where you need billions for new factories or such. With the servers/data centres up, I would expect there not being any other stakeholders than the (involved) owners themselves and income from the player base + a little advertising. And since players are dropping out when the quality is crap, I hence would expect quality to be quite important aspect now, to keep players aboard and make a professional impression to new players, being something worth paying for.

For advertisement (including news entries) on other platforms you have a good point. But using some phrases like "HH Stable" and distribute the banners for new iterations of existing events should do for some months cleaning up the mess. Mid/long term, working on the code quality could reduce maintenance, debugging and development costs as well. Currently we see bugs being fixed half way and reappearing again, surely leading not only to reports and blames here, but also spamming ingame support, and cost multiple times the amount of time to identify and properly/permanently fix the bug, or doing little changes without causing hours of post work to find out why it broke things elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

Yeah... This takes me back to my longest and most stressful run in a massive online company. You would probably not believe how many times I wasted my breath trying to explain to the higher ups that giving me one day or even half a day off my regular duties (but still on the company's dime) so that I could reorganize and standardize all our tools and procedures would not only make my team's life easier, but also increase its productivity. I even ended up saying fuck it and doing it anyways at some point, only to get a formal warning from my Department's manager with HR's blessing, for not grinding my usual menial tasks that day... V_v

Of course, members of my team were thankful and all our jobs became easier after that, but I still got a smaller bonus that year while those who just cranked out mediocre work as fast as humanly possible had higher review scores and ended up making more money than me. Including some of my agents who, as their team leader, I didn't consider team players or even good elements, but the paper-pushers up there only saw the numbers and so they assumed these were the real good soldiers, while I was not a company man and so not that great of a team leader. Fuck them all so, so deeply and thoroughly.

I'm not saying this is exactly or even remotely equivalent to anything going on at Kinkoid, to be clear. I'm just giving this as an example from personal experience that being right and even having ideas that could benefit the company often means jackshit in the business world, if you're not at a high enough position that you can push your ideas without (too much) negative impact on your own career.

As for Kinkoid, it's not a family business by any means. It started out almost 8 years ago now as a small group of friends with a dream, like so many small businesses, especially in a passion-driven profession like video games, and artwork, and geeky online hentai stuff (and they were tackling all three in one package ^^). But those days are long gone. With Ben (the OG artist) leaving soon (or perhaps technically already gone by now, although I know we have one final offering from him awaiting us soon-ish), only Rosso remains from the good old days of the small indie company that used to be Kinkoid. I honestly don't remember all the nitty gritty financial details, but they sold out and/or licensed their brand to a fairly large group (I think it's just Phoenix Media, the company you send your real-money in-game purchases to) and I'm like 80% sure that company is on the stock market.

On top of that, for the longest time the bulk of Kinkoid's revenue came from Nutaku, before they started also making a profit from running standalone versions of HH and their other games as well (and I'm not sure how it is nowadays but Nutaku is still a very important source of income and visibility for them, no doubt). And Nutaku is no ma and pa small business either.

Either way, there's no question the relatively small team operating Kinkoid these days has to answer to and please much larger financial entities on many levels.

If they feel like sharing, I know both Zoo and Numbers (and a few others) know a whole lot more about all that stuff than I do, and of course they have data and graphs and all sorts of things to back up their observations (because they're, well you know who they are ^^). But I don't want to put them on the spot and I'm not sure how much of this stuff Kinkoid would be comfortable being shared with the community. To be perfectly clear, I haven't disclosed anything confidential here (or in the previous post): it's all a mix of readily available info you can find online with a little bit of astute research, and general things about how the business world tends to work these days, along with my personal perspective, experience and feelings on that.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

Hm, it seems company data in Bulgaria is public, so you can do a bit of sleuthing. It seems Phoenix Media is owned by 3 (french?) guys, who up to 2016 had another company with a fourth (french?) guy. So probably this is what @DvDivXXX mentioned. Even their financial reports are online, but only up until 2019, I guess there is some delay (for privacy reasons?!?). I am not an economist, but from what I can tell they were making a decent amount of money and that was even before the pandemic - profits of about 500-600k€ per year with a 20% margin. I would imagine that they increased their profits from 2020 on. I previously thought they must be in a bad financial shape due to some of their decisions, but I guess I badly miscalculated how much money such a niche game can make.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I think it's just Phoenix Media, the company you send your real-money in-game purchases to) and I'm like 80% sure that company is on the stock market.

Right, I was thinking about this as well in the meantime. As a larger company like this, owning probably multiple smaller game studios, getting money from stock exchange or investors could allow to buy/incorporate other smaller game studios with their probably good ideas/products/stuff. But it is an (E)OOD from what I found, hence no stock company.

But I know from other cases that external (or even internal) stakeholders and deciders to wrong decisions by not understanding their user/player base, but following known patterns which (seem to) work elsewhere. E.g. throwing out some crap game/product on the marked with big media/advertisement efforts to make much money quickly and let it dying as quickly can make sense. I just read about a game release on Steam which was hyped for years, and now the release came, completely buggy and with expectations massively disappointed, since basically the type of game is a completely different one that what it was advertised as. But in case of KK/HH, it seems the other way round: It started to remain, simple but functional and naturally growing. But the more features are thrown on top without restructuring the code by times (and without respecting feedback, other topic), creating spaghetti code all over the place, the worse the quality gets, which at least for me lowers the monthly limit I am willing to pay. But all speculation, of course, as only KK knows their numbers.

• Like 1

hace 5 horas, DvDivXXX dijo:

Patch Notes are up for Week #51 (not my doing for this thread's OP, thanks to whoever was faster than me, probably Luna or Holy).

New scroll in Adventure mode, a few bug fixes, and results and plans from the recent Features Survey.

the problem with the survey is they put all we can do and then when they read it they think people no like it then put it too but if something have a good % in survey they need more time to upgrade it

bugs of course they fixed it in each patch note but it is better if you fix first if they fix in text and then it start in normal server,for example now we have a big problem in test server and they no fixed ,it started about 3 days and sure when updated in normal server the people will can see it

more labyrinth ofcouse i like it (because is new and different like the game i am bored about kisses and leagues)but i no like mythic booster because if you put it sure kinkoid put labyrinth more difficult and of couse we need more girls like healers (sure kinkoid move it in different movement like we can think (like one box with the arrow up (fragile object),sure kinkoid think the arrow need put to the left

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 430i said:

This is just a perfect opportunity for kinkoid to flush all the orbs

Heart attack  💔🏥

9 hours ago, Horsting said:

They explicitly stated that existing orbs will be converted.

Double heart attack  ⚰️ 

• Hug 3

On 12/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, 430i said:

Because they will convert the existing orbs into the "new" orb type, based on their drop chances, but you know they will mess it up, either on purpose or because they are skill-less imbeciles. There will be zero transparency regarding the drop rates and you know they will not take player feedback into account. So one magical day you will wake up with all your orbs gone, converted by some magical formula, to some new pachinko (both recruit and equipment by the way) and the pachinko drops nerfed across the board.

It should be apparent that they have been trying to force people the spend their pachinko orbs, which if I can take a guess had only very limited success, so this is their next attempt

I should check the other parts of the forum instead of just the "general" section. This is the first time i hear about this. The only thing I can think of they changed with the orbs was when they slashed the value of items. Since pachinco orbs is the main source of equipment, it made me even less incentiviced to spend my orbs.

> Having multiple girls on one Villain at the same time

I misread this, thought it was the bug fix (vs "Feature") section and that it was incorrectly happening and wouldn't any longer.  Today's Orgy day proves me wrong.

Initially, not a fan of this.  Orgy day gives the opportunity to focus down girls you may have missed along the way, esp partially completed ones.  Now it's potentially like a few day rush vs the standard villans, who knows what shards you'll get for who.

Is there a light I am not seeing?

My guess is it's so there can be even more girls available?  Or maybe to help newer players? (tho they'd likely have now multiple girls plus the villan girls so "help" maybe deserves the same quotes as "feature")

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 3

Uff, yes, so it is now the horrible solution I was worrying about ... Again, (obviously) no real players involved in this decision, no feedback from real players about this idea gathered => pretty bad regression.

At least it currently seems to be only 2 girls per villain, which one should be able to get from natural regeneration. However I usually get enough CP for 3 girls, which now means 2 girls and 2 to ~50 shards each, spamming my SM shop until next year and/or leading to wasted shards in MP.

10 minutes ago, jpanda said:

Or maybe to help newer players? (tho they'd likely have now multiple girls plus the villan girls so "help" maybe deserves the same quotes as "feature")

For newer players it is worse, since they have multiple girls assured on each villain. There might be rare situations for older players, which only have a few girls left, and now can get more of them from villains, with a chance that it is only 1 girl per villain. But overall I think it is worse for everyone.

Edited by Horsting
  • Thanks 1
  • Hug 2

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

2 girls per villain

And up to 6 in total, but only 2 per tier for those who have tiers.

We're still missing the "a girl on multiple villains" part of the equation, at this point (I think? I don't have any girl available in OD to check directly). Maybe that will make this patch an improvement overall.

I get that it's missing the mark in its current state, and I sympathize with those with multiple girls to grab. But the intention is good, at least, even if the execution is not there quite yet.

• Like 1

• bolitho76 changed the title to ​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2024 ​📜​