[ 07-Jun-21 ] Mythic Days - Discussion

That was unexpected  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Nike

• Faptastic!
    • Meh
    • Yucky

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

This time? That's what it always takes, with RNG variance. I'd never go for her with only 10k.

For me he implied to have calculated with 20k kobans. 

Yet getting only 45 for first 10k makes it slightly _over additional_ 10k for 55 shards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, windia said:

For me he implied to have calculated with 20k kobans. 

Yet getting only 45 for first 10k makes it slightly _over additional_ 10k for 55 shards.

Yeah, I can see how that's pretty bad luck if that's what he meant. I understood he went for her with only 10k.

10 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Wasn't trying to come off as whining if that's how my post read, just a "matter of fact" attitude.

You made your post while I was still typing mine. I wasn't referring to you at all when I said "the post above mine", but the post by @Tytania above yours. Sorry for the confusion, man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tytania said:

it seem really turn the game as a f***g paid to win game and it's too bad.

I would have actually added a "Like" to that post of yours until you ruined it at the very end with this misguided claim. I basically agree with the bulk of your complaints on the MD format (I've disliked the concept from the start), except for this. If MD required actual real money to play, then yeah. But that's not the case. It requires (a shitload of) kobans, which can be obtained and stockpiled by any player, including tons of purely F2P ones.

I think you might mean something slightly different than what the particular saying you've used here typically means, though. If you simply mean that this event format is so damn expensive (in in-game currency) and the girls obtainable this way (and only this way) are so powerful that we are essentially forced to collect them (at least those of the class we play) so we don't fall behind in PvP (and now with Tier 3 bosses getting way too strong, in some PvE features as well), then I completely agree. And it does feel very, very bad as a player. In this particular case, I'm also very frustrated that the Mythic girl I want the most (in terms of design, art and story, not for gameplay purposes) is completely out of my reach because she's not from the class I play, and I can't afford to burn 20k kobans on MD more than once every 3 months, and I HAVE to save that for whoever happens to be the next girl of my class for gameplay purposes, even if it's a character I have no particular love for like Alexa. That's not good design for an event, and unfortunately that's what we're stuck with for now.

Apart from that, others have already mentioned it, but I can't stress this enough: the format change for this event was made in response to PLAYER FEEDBACK. I'm in the same boat as you in that regard: what I would like and what I think would be good for the game doesn't always match what a majority of players vote for in surveys. But you can't ignore this fact and accuse Kinkoid of making this change out of greed or because they're evil or whatever wildly incorrect assumption. They made it BY POPULAR DEMAND. Vox popupli, vox dei. Unfortunately, the masses tend to vote for things that most individuals within them end up regretting (we've seen this phenomenon in many elections IRL, among other things). So it's not always the best idea to let the masses decide major things through a vote. But this is still largely considered as a "democratic" and positive approach by most people in the world. For better or worse.

Are we closer to understanding each other now? I hope so.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kenrae said:

This time? That's what it always takes, with RNG variance. I'd never go for her with only 10k.

Dude don't worry. I have got her. It took me 17000 this time.

Well thanks for your advice 😊

IMG_20210608_160012.jpg

Edited by Mrno
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

They made it BY POPULAR DEMAND. Vox popupli, vox dei

That is why people should think more before filling a survey XD if I remember well i thought mine for a good 20 min. My opinion was to keep the 2 days and put down the refresh time at 6 hours (again if i remember well, I'm pretty sure I didn't vote for 2 because I knew this might happen).

For the rest, as i said already i think, i agree with you. We are on the same boat XD: i want her, but I'm f2p and I can't afford to go for mythic that are not my class ( and this is not a whine, it is right I'm getting things for free so perfectly fine in not getting everything, immediately at least.... One day....)... "forcing" to get girls....etc,etc. Agree.

For now, since things seems to not get better even after a day, @Noacc my feedback is: the game gets a lot laggy during the refills, and this makes very hard to fight for shards (i got one when I tried with 2 X10 just in time, shards were already gone when I re checked XD). For now my thoughts are: getting back to 2 days and put the reset time at 4/6 hours. 

THere are still 2 days so this feedback of mine is not complete, i still want to see how the situation changes in day 2 and 3. 

For now this is my thoughts ( Nike 😍😍😍😍)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Breedo said:

Update:

This batch (Day 2 3rd Batch) although shards exhuasted in 3 minutes, I didn't experience any lag. Managed to get 88 shards in that timeframe.

I guess that means there's less people going for it at the same time, but still enough people to deplete the batch in ~3 minutes.

I haven't played yet, I fear I'm so slow that I'll try when there's no shards already 😅😂

Anyways, just wondering if a small adjustment wouldn't make the event more playable (I say that because there's about 3 min gameplay every 120min lol).

To @jelom (I mention you because I know you're a numbers guy) and others, how would 4h instead of 2h with 20k shards available each during 2,5 days (60h) sound? 15 rounds, so 300k shards available anyway, potential less lag and well, two rounds less for everyone (I'm assuming most ppl sleep 8h or around that :D ). The half a day might be slightly "unfair" to some timezones but having 15 rounds of 20k shards should give people a chance to get the girls in time?  

6 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I haven't played yet, I fear I'm so slow that I'll try when there's no shards already 😅😂

Anyways, just wondering if a small adjustment wouldn't make the event more playable (I say that because there's about 3 min gameplay every 120min lol).

To @jelom (I mention you because I know you're a numbers guy) and others, how would 4h instead of 2h with 20k shards available each during 2,5 days (60h) sound? 15 rounds, so 300k shards available anyway, potential less lag and well, two rounds less for everyone (I'm assuming most ppl sleep 8h or around that :D ). The half a day might be slightly "unfair" to some timezones but having 15 rounds of 20k shards should give people a chance to get the girls in time?  

I don't think their system is prepared for something like 2,5 days. It's either 2 or 3.

While the current situation is worrysome, we should wait until the end to have a final judgement. If in the end there are leftover shards everybody will be able to go for the girl tomorrow without much problem and the current situation will be easily forgotten. Of course, what might also be happening is that Nike is much more coveted than the other mythic girls and there's more people in total going for her, in that case we're into unknown territory.

@jelom's idea to have more shards from the start might be a good one. Or maybe just having 4 hour batches instead of 2 would be enough.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kenrae said:

I don't think their system is prepared for something like 2,5 days. It's either 2 or 3.

While the current situation is worrysome, we should wait until the end to have a final judgement. If in the end there are leftover shards everybody will be able to go for the girl tomorrow without much problem and the current situation will be easily forgotten. Of course, what might also be happening is that Nike is much more coveted than the other mythic girls and there's more people in total going for her, in that case we're into unknown territory.

@jelom's idea to have more shards from the start might be a good one. Or maybe just having 4 hour batches instead of 2 would be enough.

I agree. The extra day should definitely allow everyone to have a go at Nike.

I was mentioning the "adjusment" more in terms of playability.

I just haven't been able to play, first because of lag, then because there's never shards, which is a bit counter productive and frustrating (in such small rounds), I would say.

If all could go well with everyone being able to play without much trouble, even better 👍

3 days would give 18 rounds of 4 h, which at 18k shards would still give 324k ^_^ 

• Like 1

Well, remember that in the previous system, shards were typically depleted in half an hour on the first day, which is just about as ridiculously fast as the current 3 minutes considering the duration and amount we had then. So my guess is that 18k shards meant for 4 hours would go in about 6 minutes. Not necessarily much more convenient than 3 minutes for 9k meant for 2 hours.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Well, remember that in the previous system, shards were typically depleted in half an hour on the first day, which is just about as ridiculously fast as the current 3 minutes considering the duration and amount we had then. So my guess is that 18k shards meant for 4 hours would go in about 6 minutes. Not necessarily much more convenient than 3 minutes for 9k meant for 2 hours.

True. I'm assuming that as the rounds (would) go by (4h each) some of the ppl will either be sleeping/working/unavailable or something (me included of course :D ). Let's see how it goes this way! Will wait for day 3 to get a shard.

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Are we closer to understanding each other now? I hope so.

There are people choice in survey and business choice too 😉 (I know it's your role to defend Kinkoid) , it's good when they match, with the MD it's seem difficult.

I don't want to go on the money part but since MD were added,  we had to make a choice (for the players who don't wan't spend to much on a browser game).

Mine was, just like you, to get mythic in my team, so I save during 3 months and I also passed on mythics I want but not corresponding to my character. I also miss girls on events like "Path of Attraction" only 2 now before i always got the 4, same on classic events can't get all on vilain or take the others in pachinko.

It's why I compare it to a "paid to win" game but here it's become more a "paid to catch them all" with the past year game changed, that's doesn't meam Kinkoid don't think to free or low paid players but I see changed whitch made some game contents very far from the 99%  (I don't have any ratio, it's for the picture)

I not a pure f2p, I take the gold card every month. The price is close than a mmo like wow so I expected less pain and more benefit for this monthly cost.

For the main subject of this topic we are agree the MD format need improvements and players should think more before answer to surveys.

• Like 3

So after some issues with the forum log in once again (idk if it´s only me but that´s something I´d love KK to improve if possible because it gets quite annoying sometimes.. sry for the little offtopic) I´m also able to share my thought on the new format.

First of all I feel like a lot should just wait a bit rather than immediately jump to conclusions.. it´s a 3 day event so give it at least those 3 days before you jump the gun. Secondly it tooked more time but I still managed to finish her on both of my accounts on the first day (after 5 and 6 rotations; obviously doing 50x). The drop rates are pretty much as always that´s at least what I experienced on my accounts. So much for that..

Now let´s get to the feedback:

Positive:
- Eventhough it doesn´t seem like it at first glance I believe that quite some ftp players can benefit from this change. Even though it isn´t a lot the extension of the event to 3 days mean more free fights that can possibly be used to obtain the girl
(and yes I believe that it´s probably even possible with single fight.. obviously not on the first 2 days but with some patience it should still be able)
- it´s also a plus for people that don´t go for the girl since we´re able to get 1x MyP orbs for 3 days now rather than 2
- even though it obviously isn´t the most enjoyable gameplay, the short distances between the shard pool additions make it a bit more exciting
- the fact that KK has changed the duration and shard pool addition is also a clear signal that they do in fact care about  our feedback and that´s probably the most positive aspect about the change for me (a lot of players should consider that the 2 hours may have been the option that most players voted for so we shouldn´t blame KK for that)
- Nike being a mythic girl :P (great girl,poses and scences ..pretty simple)

Negative:

- My biggest issue with this new format is probably the lag when fighting for the girl (idk how/ how easy KK can improve it but an improvement would really be appreciated)
- the new event design incentives to spent more kobans by using the 50x / 10x especially when people feel like they´ll miss out on something ( to be fair though.. that´s nothing that has only recently changed.. a bit of patience and the willingness to put in some work can easily change that imo)

- it´s probably not possible to immediately get her and upgrade her within the first 1 or 2 batches (that´s not a con for me but probably one to a lot of our hardcore "I want it all and I want it now" friends over here  :D )
- the fact that Nike is a HC girl and not a KH girl since I would have loved to use her in my KH team :P

well ..that´s all that I can think of  for now.. overall I can´t say that I enjoy it more than the old format nor dislike it more but the extension to 3 days is definitely an improvement for me :) !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1