New home layout is LIVE

Yamiray

9 hours ago, Redbeard said:

Things I don't like:

The new design takes the player out of the town and world.  Before each button had a purpose and a building attached.  Now it looks like they put the different buttons up without rhyme of reason.  At least put them in alphabetical order or put the most used buttons on top.  

I don't like not seeing the town.  The changing town was something that I enjoyed.  Therefore I will not be using the new see your favorite girl function.  

The design just seems off.  I think the buttons on the right make it look cluttered and uncentered.  The buttons are way too big and obstruct too much of the town view... "which I guess does not matter because of the new feature."

Things I like:

I am sure I will find something.

Makes sense because some of the changes done makes you think if the person doing them even plays the game.

• Like 1

Why can't there be an option to change back to the old layout? I mean, this set up is not suited for me.  I kept thinking, if I gave it a chance, I would get use to it.  But the longer I use it, the less inclined I am to keep playing this game.

Developers.. please create a setting to go back to the old lay out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thank you for this, made me smile and have fun at the same time, while taking me down memory lane of some of the finest pairs in this game. *cough* Okay, let's see those answers now. :ph34r:

------
Edit: By the way, until they fix the odd placement of the Waifu pic, poses that the usual battleground setting doesn't do justice to are ironically the best (almost appear completely ^^) in the current setting. Like this one (guess that, haha ^^):
image.png

("She's got it... Yeah, baby, she's got it")

Wow, you actually played the game.  I hoped someone would.  You're welcome.

I guessed that pair of feet belonged to Taurus, b/c of the gold armor, but I was wrong.  It's a zoomed in version of Venus.  It makes her look like a giantess resting in the Town's Square, lol.  I see what you mean about certain poses unintentionally ending up perfect.  Any girl that flies, floats, jumps, or hovers might be interesting as a Waifu as well (like Shina's 5th pose).  I hope they add an option to customize the size and location of the Waifu, like you can in Hentai Clicker.  Making them larger or smaller, and adjusting their position/location.  It'll make it more fun and interesting.

When I made the "Guess the Feet!" image, I was just browsing for girls that were already unintentionally set to a "foot" focused pose, which was cropped out in a hilarious way.  I wasn't choosing based on the quality of the feet, but I knew I was already a fan of Katana, Layla, Piper, and Any.

There's a lot of negativity in this thread, so I tried to lighten it up.  Obviously, it's a new layout, and it'll get improved over time, via script editing, or player feedback.  One thing I noticed, is that the entire Waifu selection screen loads immediately, and is smoothly scrollable, unlike the actual Harem.  Meaning it's possible for a faster smoother Harem screen.  I know there's an improved Harem screen in the works.  I hope it's as smooth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is obviously very rough in the execution, but it gives the general idea of how I'd like the new UI to improve:

UI Changes A.png

I don't have a great solution for the awkwardness of having the city background blurred out and/or the waifu pic looking  like a giantess crushing the city. The main idea that comes to mind would be to have an outline around the waifu pic to make it clear it's a separate thing, and blurring the city background only inside the waifu's "block".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

I don't have a great solution for the awkwardness of having the city background blurred out and/or the waifu pic looking  like a giantess crushing the city.

With the Waifu and the arrangement of the buttons on the side there is no need for a city background. A monochrome background is more fitting this Layout. Only of you hide the Waifu it could be useful to have the city background, but tbh there is no more need for the City picture. In the old Layout the City buildings represent the buttons and this is gone with the new Layout. Why also the City as background? A great KK Logo would fit also.

• Like 1

i just cant get used to this layout......beyond my instinctual knowledge of where everything was getting in the way, I've never been good with literally every button being all by each other on one side.....its literally one side of the screen in a column....no matter how long I play I'll never get to a point where i barely have to look and can click one of them and know I'm clicking the right one since they are so close together as well as having pretty much no distinct difference...I have to take so much time to read through all of them and then try to remember what the names for everything were since I didn't remember them by names but their buildings

If you do remember, the survey had two stuff. One was the refactoring of the UI, and another the waifu.

Probably the *boss* just entered an abundancy mindset of adding stuff on stuff, then paying freelancers to plugin *just* the new feature.

HOW TO SOLVE THE THING FOR REAL

The Home screen is too crowded and host for informations you don't need.

Many games have a FRONT PAGE: here you have your waifu, account management, settings, communications, events, links, promotions, shop. This landing page you'll enter when log in is functional.

From the front, you can enter the HOME, that's the actual gameplay.

Here you can have all the diegetic ("the button is something of the world") and immersivity. But is crowded the same.

The solution is to have selectors that move in and out proper contextual buttons, and identify such buttons by graphics.

For example:

.HERO

• Harem
  • Club

.CITY

• Market
  • Pachinko

.ACTIVITY

• Daily Missions
  • Daily Contests
  • Daily Goals
  • Place of Power
  • Season
  • Path of Valor

.CHALLENGES

• Tower of Fame
  • Champions
  • Pantheon

On the right side, you have banners for ongoing rotating contests and an Offer banner too.

By splitting the Home in such sub-sections you can also add more without crowding already existing screens (for example, adding a new Shop in the CITY section without cramming the actual Market).

By removing KK icon, links, blessings icon you have enough space along the Ymen pool for a simple "COLLECT!" button to harvest the harem income.

This is how the thing should have been done. But again, who take responsibility of decision making in this game isn't a designer and doesn't come with the idea that you cannot just add stuff without consulting a designer. They just did a very basic rearrangement, not a recode. As that was the survey exact calling.

THAT SAID: is not bad as many people lament at all, after just one day I'm totally fine with it. The only thing is the blurred background that you cannot actually decipher and having animations you cannot see. An abstract BG will do the same.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 5
  • Thinking 1

On 3/23/2022 at 7:05 AM, Semiramis said:

For real, it doesn't feel like you're part of the world that much anymore. :( I'm so sad.

I would like to echo @jjjgggin my appreciation for @Semiramis's comment.  This is yet another step that removes us from the game world.  I said something similar about the villain fights.  We could be fighting ANY of them; removing them was a disconnection from the story and the world.

Thank you, @Tom208for the fly-outs.  If we're going to embrace "game as software" in UI design, your mods are making this new interface at least palatable.  Just, in general, thank you.  I'm a UI nazi, though nowhere near as eloquent as @Gnome Saying, who can define the errors in taxonomy.  Thanks for your words as well.  

I believe that the mod probably met the goal of "mobile friendly," but at significant cost in connection to the game world.  To be blunt, it smells of turd polish.  That will eventually flash off, but for now, there's that distinct aroma.  The kinder, gentler me will of course qualify that a little.

We have a REALLY BIG MENU.  I've always found the REALLY BIG MENU loathsome because it's REALLY BIG.  But I'm a PC player and frequently fail to consider the experience of mobile players.  That consideration eventually allowed me to retract my fangs and claws about the REALLY BIG MENU, at least to the point of forming a partial mental map and using it.  That's double-edged, right?  The REALLY BIG MENU is also a disassociation from the organic game world navigation.  I use it when I am buried 4 or 5 clicks deep in some other game feature.  Notably, champs or seasons.  Oh, and pantheon, when I bother to bash my head against a centennial paywall.  Presto, back in the game world.  It's the ONLY feature of the REALLY BIG MENU I use because I know how deeply buried I am in UI jank.  This new implementation does nothing to change any of that.

We also have a top navigation.  Some of it comes with the game, the most useful bits come from Tom.  I rely on that navigation for movement between game elements and timers.  There are A LOT of timers in this game.  Nearly as many as there are currencies.  Under the old UI, I could do the dance.  Under this, it's quite a bit harder.  And not knowing my ToF position without entering that sub-game is a major irritation; at lv 430 and lackadaisical about the gems nonsense, I'm a pusillanimous D3 player.  Position, exact position matters.

So, we have multiple ways of navigating the game, which is cool.  We had those before this change.  Which is where I come back to Semiramis's point: this change removed us from the game world.  We lost something.  That said, we also gained something.  We have the option to have one of our girls on the (now useless) world screen.  I kind of like it, probably because of how much CAN go wrong with that and DOES.  But why does the popup of the girls' stats have to be there?  We're selecting an image, not a fight team member.  The popup interferes with scrolling.

The major things this change doesn't address, perhaps because it wasn't designed to address them, are where I arrived at my "turd polish" conclusion.  In CC or the sex champs, if I set a team and want to upgrade one of its members, I click on that girl and go right to her in the market.  Good design.  "Oh, you want to do something to this girl.  Let me take you to the place where that's possible."  "Cool, thanks."  Of course I can't go back to where I was without several clicks, but why is this absent from our PvP teams?  Why do we have to remember which girl we were planning to bump and then find her by scrolling through the harem?  I frequently forget which one I was after and have to (for some inexplicable reason) drill deep into the Seasons subgame, and nowhere else, to find her again and start over.  This game is increasingly and alarmingly (to me) PvP and competition focused.  In the presence of multiple ways for us to fight each other, the means to do so need to be streamlined.  But the new implementation does nothing to facilitate that.  But then, I actually play the game, so things like this matter.

In the interest of mobile friendliness, the pig has lipstick on.  Woot.  At least, I get to see some really bizarre stuff when I select some of the girls as waifus.  Sometimes a leg and foot, sometimes a Kilroy.  I'm entertained, if still frustrated.

Edited by SoggyShorts
Additional comment
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, SoggyShorts said:

I said something similar about the villain fights.  We could be fighting ANY of them; removing them was a disconnection from the story and the world.

That's a good point and there would be a simple and easy fix to that. Since they've removed Judges, there's just no foreground where the Judge used to be in the middle when we're fighting a Villain. Why not just add the Villain's image right there?

This is terribly executed in Paint, I don't have Photoshop handy and couldn't get transparency to work properly. But in a nutshell:

UI Changes B.png

• Like 11
  • Hearts 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:38 AM, SoggyShorts said:

I would like to echo @jjjgggin my appreciation for @Semiramis's comment.  This is yet another step that removes us from the game world.  I said something similar about the villain fights.  We could be fighting ANY of them; removing them was a disconnection from the story and the world.

Thank you, @Tom208for the fly-outs.  If we're going to embrace "game as software" in UI design, your mods are making this new interface at least palatable.  Just, in general, thank you.  I'm a UI nazi, though nowhere near as eloquent as @Gnome Saying, who can define the errors in taxonomy.  Thanks for your words as well.  

I believe that the mod probably met the goal of "mobile friendly," but at significant cost in connection to the game world.  To be blunt, it smells of turd polish.  That will eventually flash off, but for now, there's that distinct aroma.  The kinder, gentler me will of course qualify that a little.

We have a REALLY BIG MENU.  I've always found the REALLY BIG MENU loathsome because it's REALLY BIG.  But I'm a PC player and frequently fail to consider the experience of mobile players.  That consideration eventually allowed me to retract my fangs and claws about the REALLY BIG MENU, at least to the point of forming a partial mental map and using it.  That's double-edged, right?  The REALLY BIG MENU is also a disassociation from the organic game world navigation.  I use it when I am buried 4 or 5 clicks deep in some other game feature.  Notably, champs or seasons.  Oh, and pantheon, when I bother to bash my head against a centennial paywall.  Presto, back in the game world.  It's the ONLY feature of the REALLY BIG MENU I use because I know how deeply buried I am in UI jank.  This new implementation does nothing to change any of that.

We also have a top navigation.  Some of it comes with the game, the most useful bits come from Tom.  I rely on that navigation for movement between game elements and timers.  There are A LOT of timers in this game.  Nearly as many as there are currencies.  Under the old UI, I could do the dance.  Under this, it's quite a bit harder.  And not knowing my ToF position without entering that sub-game is a major irritation; at lv 430 and lackadaisical about the gems nonsense, I'm a pusillanimous D3 player.  Position, exact position matters.

So, we have multiple ways of navigating the game, which is cool.  We had those before this change.  Which is where I come back to Semiramis's point: this change removed us from the game world.  We lost something.  That said, we also gained something.  We have the option to have one of our girls on the (now useless) world screen.  I kind of like it, probably because of how much CAN go wrong with that and DOES.  But why does the popup of the girls' stats have to be there?  We're selecting an image, not a fight team member.  The popup interferes with scrolling.

The major things this change doesn't address, perhaps because it wasn't designed to address them, are where I arrived at my "turd polish" conclusion.  In CC or the sex champs, if I set a team and want to upgrade one of its members, I click on that girl and go right to her in the market.  Good design.  "Oh, you want to do something to this girl.  Let me take you to the place where that's possible."  "Cool, thanks."  Of course I can't go back to where I was without several clicks, but why is this absent from our PvP teams?  Why do we have to remember which girl we were planning to bump and then find her by scrolling through the harem?  I frequently forget which one I was after and have to (for some inexplicable reason) drill deep into the Seasons subgame, and nowhere else, to find her again and start over.  This game is increasingly and alarmingly (to me) PvP and competition focused.  In the presence of multiple ways for us to fight each other, the means to do so need to be streamlined.  But the new implementation does nothing to facilitate that.  But then, I actually play the game, so things like this matter.

In the interest of mobile friendliness, the pig has lipstick on.  Woot.  At least, I get to see some really bizarre stuff when I select some of the girls as waifus.  Sometimes a leg and foot, sometimes a Kilroy.  I'm entertained, if still frustrated.

but the new layout is not mobile friendly at all since my fat fingers click on the wrong box now 

I might want packinko and press on the wrong thing now. very frustrating. the boxes are too small and too close to each other.

and before with the town map, I knew where everything is. I knew by memory. not by their names, I automatically knew where each thing was 

now it is much more annoying. it is not as fast to play. it's more annoying

as someone who plays on the phone, this new layout is awful. 

• Like 1

Maybe a little off topic but I assumed the survey was stuff that was happening regardless if players want it or not. But shouldn't the changes/adds improve the experience? Not just here's what's coming bend over. 

Other than that I like the idea but implementation is bad so I'm ehhhh on it. Has anyone else had game crashes since this was added? I've hidden the girl and it feels like I have to keep reloading the game.

10 hours ago, 45026831 said:

v1.11.0 of HH++ now has a legacy layout mode

Better and prettier than ever. I can't thank you enough. Fantastic.

(Now I am getting greedy: Are you already exploring ways to display the position in the Tower of Fame ranking again?)

Edited by Bobick
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 45026831 said:

For those absolutely desperate for the old layout, v1.11.0 of HH++ now has a legacy layout mode (off by default).

Note: not compatible with the right-side rearrange Style Tweak added in v1.10.0

image.thumb.png.c72f104b87b0c910ef92ede6feeffecc.png

Thanks a lot for this and other recent updates. I'm sure many players will gladly be using the legacy home screen layout from now on.

In my case, I turned it on for a minute, and it helped me realize I'm actually more on board with the new layout overall (with your additional options, and even then it can still be improved). The old layout worked well with the background back in the day, but now it's just way too crowded and we barely see the background anyway. So I turned it off again, but it also helped me notice the right-side rearrange option that helps just as much as giving visual meaning to the left-side buttons and rearranging their order in a way that makes sense for a player's daily routine.

The two remaining things I'd really love you to add to make it close to perfect would be:

1. Find a way to reintroduce current League rank on the home screen.

2. Considerably reduce the size of the giant Harem Collect button and push it down next to the bundle chest. It's really awkward to have it in the middle of nowhere, disconnected from the actual Harem button and taking so much more space than it deserves or needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're already looking into both of these ideas anyway. And I hope you're feeling better, by the way. Thanks again for all the great work. ❤️ 

• Like 2

Find a way to reintroduce current League rank on the home screen.

I know how to do it, but the problem is that it involves an extra network call every time you're on the page, so I'm reluctant to do it and hoping KK add it back themselves. I might add it as something that's off by default, though no guarantees.

Considerably reduce the size of the giant Harem Collect button and push it down next to the bundle chest. It's really awkward to have it in the middle of nowhere, disconnected from the actual Harem button and taking so much more space than it deserves or needs.

What I've done with the right side re-arrange is move it to be on the harem building, and reduced the height. Bear in mind there needs to be space on that bottom row for more icons to be added, such as promo icons

Edited by 45026831
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zteev said:

I am someone who prefers the more organized new layout. is it perfect? Of course not, but at least things are mostly along one of the 4 sides of the screen.

The new layout has grown on me as well, now we just need some more timers and league rank up there

• Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 8:12 AM, Clce101 said:

Maybe a little off topic but I assumed the survey was stuff that was happening regardless if players want it or not. But shouldn't the changes/adds improve the experience? Not just here's what's coming bend over. 

Other than that I like the idea but implementation is bad so I'm ehhhh on it. Has anyone else had game crashes since this was added? I've hidden the girl and it feels like I have to keep reloading the game.

The surveys seem to function along the lines of "Out of the kindness of our hearts, we will allow you to choose who rapes you first."

You might be okay with spending some quality time with some of them, but most, if not all, will have their way with you. The only real choice any single player has is to either lie back and try to enjoy it (continue playing), or to bite off their tongue and die (quit the game).

On 3/28/2022 at 8:12 PM, 45026831 said:

For those absolutely desperate for the old layout, v1.11.0 of HH++ now has a legacy layout mode (off by default).

Note: not compatible with the right-side rearrange Style Tweak added in v1.10.0

image.thumb.png.c72f104b87b0c910ef92ede6feeffecc.png

So... Which (admittedly behind-the-scenes and unknown to the players) policy maker at Kinkoid do I have to mug to get HH++? With each brilliant new update to the game, I'm increasingly willing to do so.

P.S. The last bit, for those with no ability to distinguish hyperbole from genuine belief/opinion (You know who you are. You've responded to other things I've posted), is not meant literally. It is just intended to indicate my disgust towards Kinkoid's choices.

• Like 2