[ 03-Dec-22 ] Mythic Days #25 - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Have you been naughty, hero? I brought new toys!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Jiggle Santa Claudia

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

SE is only one time, Mythic girls have a revival after a year. So go for her partially with less spending and the rest in MDR with low spending too. So in total 5 days of natural regen and the chance of combativity rewards from other sources. That is not the worsest strategy you can have.

• Like 1

To participate in SE , you need really to try hard everything without missing any days.

plus you need to invest in something that is obvious not worth (overpriced resources).

for me , i cant participate even if i want to because i know certainly my IRL schedules wont allow me to try hard.

so i dont change my habits because of SE. for me it is just a bonus if i can get one or two girls not an obligation even if i like collecting girls. and i certainlty dont have nothing against who try hard or invest huge amounts of money in such events.

Edited by madahmed
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, holymolly said:

I´m still incredibly disappointed about the scenes.. looks like a bb girl not mythic

Which as you should know, is a big "DUH" since "Venus" has been the main artist on all BB girls ever (I think, I'd need to double-check, "Sexy Toon"—still working on that nickname for him, Kinkoid really doesn't give me enough to work with though ^^—might have done one or two), as well as on this Mythic Claudia.

also let me add one thing: I´m not hating about the artist.. let me make that clear.. I even posted a very positive comment about him/her on discord a while ago since I fee like BB girls are getting better than at the start..

She's a she, as I confirmed multiple times both here and behind the scenes (where you weren't listening to me, as usual). I'm glad you're not hating on her, though. I just wish you had connected the dots that hating on her Mythic DEBUT could be detrimental as fuck to her, so even if this wasn't personal, you worked pretty hard to make it as likely as possible that Rosso will freak out and cut her off of future MD girls because of the unpopularity of her very first try. Preferring Ben is fine, and not a crazy stance either, Ben is a really good and endearing artist after all. He's just not Venus good, to a trained eye at least.

Also, I wish you had been listening at least once across the dozens of times I explained how art duties are divided for a piece in this game. Which seems incompatible with this nonsense:

still..I´m not a fan of how they color especially.

She "handles color" exactly as much as Ben, which is not at all. They have dedicated colorists and also inkers. In fact, if you had been paying attention, I actually said that Venus was paired with a colorist who made a really poor job on Claudia compared to a lot of her own previous series (from BB, LD, LC etc.) but also clearly inferior to the very high-quality coloring jobs that colorists made on the majority of previous Mythic Girls (who all happened to be "drafted" by Ben instead of Venus, which is Alice Kinkoid jargon for "penciled" in traditional comic-book art duty division, that matches almost perfectly with what they're doing in this game).

I agree with you that the coloring job is subpar on Claudia's MD series. That's not Venus' fault whatsoever, though, and she's likely much more disappointed than you or me about her big MD debut being tainted by a bad coloring job. The inker was kind of middle of the road, she had better but she also had worse, and at least they did a serviceable job. The only thing she did was detailed sketches of each drawing, just like that's all Ben or any other main artist does in normal circumstances on any given piece of art in this game.

I know you´re not a big numbers

Not exactly true, but I see what you're getting at. I'm a big fan of Numbers' though. ^^

santa claudia certainly did much worse(and she´s a dom girl)..

We already established, and it's obvious as fuck anyway, that the element has almost no impact on how well a girl sells, even Mythics. That should be obvious because only a handful of us savvy competitive players care enough to even have a notion of which color does what, let alone which one is good or not. The vast majority of players are a lot more casual than your average forum regular. Just like they vote en masse for whatever random shit that happen to hit their fancy with one cursory glance in surveys, they also go for whatever girl turns them on visually from one cursory glance at her preview or 0-star pose in game. No other consideration has a big impact on the bulk of players.

(Not to mention whales and a lot of veterans pick up every mythic no matter what, so they don't contribute much to variations in the curve. And a lot of intermediate to advanced players, including many forum regulars have very peculiar self-made rules they follow for which element they pick up and in which amounts, as a few of them have even been very vocal about wanting one of each color or stuff like that).

Basically, if this Claudia under-performed in terms of "sales", it's because of the bad coloring job and/or of the 0-star pose not being vulgar enough for your average HH player. Nothing else matters quite as much, as we've seen with the surprise success of Titania when she got a revival basically 5 seconds after her failed MD, and the only thing they changed was the "cover art" so to speak, increasing the amount of visible flesh and making the drawing a bit more polished overall. Here, to achieve a similar result they'd need to get one of their top colorists to complete redo the botched coloring job, and maybe have Venus rework the 0-star pose pic to give the character a bit more child-like expression and facial traits, as well as maybe uncover the boobs a bit early.

Anyways. I heard through the grapevine that Ben might be resuming MD duties next month (although I'm hoping this will be a temporary setback because I'm really tired of him handling them). So all this talk has either been moot at best, or it just reinforced the bad vibes coming Venus' way when she needed the most indulgence and support from "the community". So yeah, no thanks for that, bro. But it is what it is, and time to move on. If that's the only Venus-made MD girl I get... well, that's still better than none.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lepidocter said:

Please also notice how he/she rendered the knees volumes just by coloring... nice nice nice.

Wow, I didn't notice the quality and details of her knees.  Are knees a fetish?  You're broadening my horizons.  No sarcasm.  It's probably a mix of the way it was both drawn, and shaded/colored.

12 hours ago, Rylarth said:

its only logical that there is much shards left many probably had to skip because they where short on kobans after the last mythic revival which many probably went for since undercover Valentina was one of the mythics that was going to be blessed last week and shortly after we got the first POA to include Mythic equipment which was probably a bigger selling point than 4 3star legendaries😴

I agree.  I didn't think about U. Valentina being blessed, b/c I had her already.  She was my first mythic.  I honestly think she's one of the best girls to parody in the game.  Tifa of Final Fantasy VII is beloved.  Tons of cosplays and fanart exist of her.  I think her MDR went very well, didn't see any shards left.  If I did have to spend resources for U. Valentina's MDR, then I probably would've just used 1 SP for Jiggle Santa Claudia.  Except that she's a Dom , and I do care about elements, so I'd try my best to get her.

It's also true that more players bought the premium path for the PoA this time, b/c of mythic gear.  I didn't do that, b/c I know they'll drop from the MP, and I'll get them gradually from Seasons and PoG.  I'd rather save up for the MD.  It makes sense that others would rush, and try to get more drops sooner, from premium PoA, PoV, PoG, etc. even though it's random AF.  Some players did say they bought the premium PoA when they usually skip it, so that makes sense.

All of that supports the reasoning, that players might've been more broke than usual, by the start of JS Claudia's MD, in their desire for the previous MDR girl, and rush for obtaining mythic gear as fast as possible.

9 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

SE is only one time, Mythic girls have a revival after a year. So go for her partially with less spending and the rest in MDR with low spending too. So in total 5 days of natural regen and the chance of combativity rewards from other sources. That is not the worst strategy you can have.

This is true.  I didn't do this, b/c I'd prefer the MD girl over the L5 girl.  We don't know when these SE girls will return, and players might find it easier to save up 6k kos for the SE's cards, instead of the 6-8k kos, plus 5 SP for the MD girl.  I personally don't care if they ever return, b/c only the unobtainable ones have gorgeous art (also done by "Venus"), and they made the first 2 girls L3s, so they don't matter anyway.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

the 0-star pose not being vulgar enough for your average HH player. Nothing else matters quite as much, as we've seen with the surprise success of Titania when she got a revival basically 5 seconds after her failed MD, and the only thing they changed was the "cover art" so to speak, increasing the amount of visible flesh and making the drawing a bit more polished overall. Here, to achieve a similar result they'd need to get one of their top colorists to complete redo the botched coloring job, and maybe have Venus rework the 0-star pose pic to give the character a bit more child-like expression and facial traits, as well as maybe uncover the boobs a bit early.

I remember the Titania debacle.  That's why she was released again so soon in July, randomly.  They changed like 2 poses (0 and 1 star).  They tripled her bust size, made her face cuter, and got rid of the ugly green dress.  I liked her booty poses, at first, like I always do, but I definitely disliked the first two poses, before they were changed.

FYI: I found my old posts by searching "Titania and changes", and "fugly" lol.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, Ravi-Sama said:

I like the Druiada Titania changes a lot!  Her first 2 poses were lame.  All she did was change dress colors from green to pink, and barely showed more skin.  Plus her face was derpy.  Now they made her pink dress the default, and she gained some enhancements to her breast cup and hip sizes.  Compare her 1 and 3 star poses, and you'll see her boobs shrink as you upgrade her, lol.  They also added some glowing orbs, to make her look more premium, and flashy, but w/e.  The lesson here is to chase after an ugly girl anyway, b/c players will complain, and then they'll redo her art, until she's hot.  I still won't try to get her later on, b/c I'd rather pursue High Mage Arcana, who has similar hair and eye colors to my two other mythics, Valentina and Abraël.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:35 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

The giantess, forest-fairy, druid/driad has returned w/ a facelift, a GG cup boob job, and a transparent dress.

1245348740_druiadatitaniachanges.thumb.png.a82682369e8e499a6611a09886dff4b2.png

There were some hints that there'd be a 2nd MDR, and that it might be Titania, but I expected Golden Lupa instead, since it's been a year since her introduction, on Aug 2nd, 2021.  I do want an exhibitionist mythic girl now.  That's the only element I'm missing an M6 girl for, besides sensual.  I do have at least 3x L5 exhibitionists at lvl 700, so I'm not desperate, and can wait for High Mage Arcana.

The Most Unpopular Mythic in HH History (by April 2022)

I've said some of this in "Chit-Chat" already, but this is her actual MDR thread, so forgive me for repeating it.  Have 17% shards for Druiada Titania from last April.  I liked her art back then, except for her fugly 0-star Pose, but didn't like her parody, or element.  I didn't really try to get her, even though I had 10.3k kos and 5 SP, back on April 3rd.  I was waiting for Nike on May 23rd, and ended up getting Succubus Abraël on May 3rd instead.  Titania was the most unpopular mythic at the time.  She had 95k+ shards remaining on HH, w/ 3 hrs remaining.  This must've been partly due to her being the 3rd mythic of an element, and party due to her "duck face."  I personally also thought it was bizarre that her 1-star pose changed her dress, instead of revealing more of her, but that was fixed a month later, along w/ her breast augmentation from a D cup to a GG.  Compare her breasts in the 1-star v2 vs. the 3-star's, and you'll see the difference.  They also added a glow to her staff's crystal, and some more leaves and sparkles, to make her look more special. 

Ultimately, I got Jiggle Santa Claudia, b/c I saved up the resources for her.  I rose up in the pantheon from 1799-1899, for a 270 CP discount.  There was also a 10% CP discount.  I also got a top 4 spot in the DC on the first day, for a 120 kos rebate.  It was easy to get her.  Just had to plan ahead, like usual.

I liked her element.  I was shocked she was a Dom , but I would've gotten her anyway, b/c I had many resources saved up.  Also, if she was as hot as Alt. Finalmecia  and Nike 🟣, then her element would've been irrelevant.  Can't deny that.  One thing not really mentioned, but probably obvious to most, is that she's the first mythic girl w/ a 4th element of her kind.  Normally, that'd lower her appeal, since you only really need 3 of each, but it's one of the best elements, which I'd prefer to have 7 of, honestly.

Her art style changed, b/c she has a different artist, but it's a great artist, that's known for high quality.  They have a good understanding of anatomy.  There were no duck lips, and she doesn't have paper thin lips either.  She doesn't have two left feet, and they look detailed, and cute, despite some legit but nitpicky complaints, about darker coloring on the softer parts, where they should be lighter.  Which gets blamed on the colorist, not the artist.

If I had to nitpick, it'd be about her facial expression in the 2-star pose.  It reminds me a little too much of Maniac Justine's crazy wide eyed, and creepy smile.  Sometimes her eyes feel just a bit too far apart.  It's something I noticed about Dve as well, but it's not in the first pose (it's the 2 & 6 star poses), so it wouldn't have affected a casual players' decision to get her or not, who probably didn't even look at the later poses.  But those are the only nitpicks I dislike out of all 7 images.

1948702951_jigglesantaclaudianitpicks.thumb.png.bd5de89259c40a3bb2946bcb07659d67.png

She's really festive, brightly colored, & beautiful.  Suits the holiday season.  Her 5th-star pose is my fave, w/ her lip biting, and curvy derrière.  She has a top-tier element , sure to be useful in the future.  Glad I got her.

650680374_jigglesantaclaudia5.png.e9d6dbc8829733f4121ed3015c12af10.png
Hot AF!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The obvious problem that you don't grasp is the irrelevance of Santa Claudia as a character. She could have been drawn by let's say Takeda Hiromitsu or Raita and still be quite sub-par with regards to popularity. I don't understand how Kinkoid doesn't understand this. Mythic girls should parody very popular and iconic girls. Tifa? Great! Zelda? Great! Athena? Moka? Yes! Santa Claudia?.. No.

I feel like the time is close when we witness Sara "please pluck my eyes out" Jay as a mythic grill.. Sorry you had to read this.

• Sad 1
  • Hug 1

Santa Claudia's tradition is this month only, she has been in 3 events, 1 POA and now a Mythic. If they where going to do it it had to be now and really she is one of the oldest girls and a lot of firsts. Out of the 2 Events in 2016 she was the first new girl as the rest where repeats at that point. And She was the first Mission girl as well. Not sure how you can get more iconic then that.

• Like 4
  • Surprised :O 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mythic Santa Claudia's pics have been reworked (mostly the face). I really like the new versions! (At least up to 4 stars - keeping the last 2 upgrades for later :) )

ava0-1200x.webp?v=2ava0-1200x.webp?v=1

(Won't post the other poses, for obvious reasons, but similar changes have been applied to all of them)

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I think I can get away w/ showing this much.

I feel mixed about the changes.

On one hand, they removed 2 & 6's crazy looking smile, but they took away her lip biting from the 5-star pose, and added some duck lips to the 3-star pose.  Also, I think I preferred the red lipstick.  Some extra hair and pubes were added too.  I think she does look cuter in some instances, but I'm gonna miss the lip biting.

#letherbiteherlip

80205952_jigglesantaclaudiaschanges.thumb.png.3bfe4d78c66749f6c38d4d3e663e849b.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This is why we can't have nice things. Not even the one time they let Venus handle a Mythic. I could be convinced the 0-star pose face needed a little rework, mostly on account of the popular complaint that "she looked too much like an adult, and not enough like the goofy teenage girl of previous versions" . And for that one pic, I don't really have a problem with the change (although the rework is less refined).

The other pics, though, especially the 3-star and 5-star ones, were ruined. I loved that smile, the lipstick and the way she bit her lip in my overall favorite pose of the series. And yeah, the duck face in the 3-star pose, dammit...

Oh shit! I hope he didn't rework her feet with Play-Doh effects while he was at it! :o 

Edit: Well, on the plus side, Ben didn't redraw the feet (or anything besides face and hair, really). On the down side, they didn't deem the bad coloring job (on her bare feet in particular, especially in the 4-star and 5-star poses) worth correcting while they were at it. V_v

Talk about giving your artists a chance... It's not like this was Dead Eyes or whoever's nephew it was who drew the original doodles from hell of the Circus event.... It's their damn best artist. Could have let her rework her own drawings, at the very least?

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Nice to see a person playing stupid and strawman simultaneously to call St. Nicholaus a character. I wonder what kind of lies did people tell me when on one occasion I was in the city of Myra (Demre) and went to see the temple and grave of St. Nicholaus.

And now they altered her crappy makeup too. GG

• Hug 2

Hate that they redrew her, lost my favorite poses now. *I bought* the original character and now that one is gone because people who didn't buy her complained. It's screwed up.

Knowing how iffy Kinkoid is, there's a real chance Venus wont get the next Mythic drawings anymore, eventhough she's the best damned artist on this site. Still pisses me off. 😞

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

Hate that they redrew her, lost my favorite poses now. *I bought* the original character and now that one is gone because people who didn't buy her complained. It's screwed up.

Knowing how iffy Kinkoid is, there's a real chance Venus wont get the next Mythic drawings anymore, eventhough she's the best damned artist on this site. Still pisses me off. 😞

Agreed, kind of feels like a bait & switch. I liked her original artwork much better, not sure if I would have gone after her with the new artwork (although tbh I probably would have anyway because of her element). 😭

Is this what happened with Titania too? Did they change her first two poses after her MD was done, or while it was still ongoing?

Either way, makes me think we'll probably see Jiggle Santa Claudia show up in a random MD Revival in the next few months like with TItania's "surprise" revival during the Anniversary.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

... I think she does look cuter in some instances, but I'm gonna miss the lip biting.

#letherbiteherlip

80205952_jigglesantaclaudiaschanges.thumb.png.3bfe4d78c66749f6c38d4d3e663e849b.png

its really sad that they removed this.

i think that the 3 star pose was way better before, what a shame

were there really that much complaints about her?

Edited by Magic1986
  • Like 4

On 12/17/2022 at 9:09 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

I think I can get away w/ showing this much.

I feel mixed about the changes.

On one hand, they removed 2 & 6's crazy looking smile, but they took away her lip biting from the 5-star pose, and added some duck lips to the 3-star pose.  Also, I think I preferred the red lipstick.  Some extra hair and pubes were added too.  I think she does look cuter in some instances, but I'm gonna miss the lip biting.

#letherbiteherlip

Hrm... Well some of the poses here does look better, I was not fan of the red eyeliner thingy.
I chose not to get Claudia because of the art, or maybe coloring; depending how you look at it.
This is like the 2nd mythic they do major changeups on, the previous one being Titania, and that was only 1 pose afaik.

I don't regret not going for her, as I can't really base my choices on if there are going to be changes after the girl comes out.
Come to think of it, this isent anything new, this is what a lot of AAA games does nowadays.
Release now,
Cash in (profit)
beg for forgiveness
Patch later

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

I don't regret not going for her, as I can't really base my choices on if there are going to be changes after the girl comes out.
Come to think of it, this isn't anything new, this is what a lot of AAA games do nowadays.
Release now,
Cash in (profit)
beg for forgiveness
Patch later

I felt the same way after Titania's changes.  How was I supposed to know they'd rework her first 2 poses.  My reasoning for skipping her, was that I didn't want an exhibitionist at the time, but I always liked her 4-star booty pose.  I actually have 39% for Titania, due to her early revival, so when she appears again, I'll get her easily. 

I generally liked Titania's changes, but I'll miss Claudia's lip biting.  I do feel like Venus should've been allowed to make her own revisions.  That way it'd be a consistent art style w/o duck lips.  I noticed some strange stuff about her ears and the bell earrings, having a shiny glow, but no bell.  I'm entering very nitpicky territory, so I'll stop.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lainn said:

Nice to see a person playing stupid and strawman simultaneously

Keep it in your pants, please. This aggressive and dishonest nitpick is a million years too late to even be funny. Do you also think Vlad Tepes and Count Dracula are the same person? ^^ Please don't answer that. I'm not even giving you a warning, so let's leave it at that.

--------------

7 hours ago, Yamiray said:

And looks like they reworked the affection scenes as well

Oh shit. I didn't even think to check. Of course they did. Damn. Alright, I'll have a look. :/ Edit: Yeah, same thing as for the pose pics: Ben redrew Claudia's face and hair in all but one pic (for some reason) and I suspect some lighter retouching on one other face (I won't say more to avoid spoilers). Pretty unnecessary and disappointing, although it's not as bad as for some of the poses.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2