A mentor quits the game: Liliat

A little over 4 months ago, I joined the game as a Newbie:

Now that I'm a Mentor, it's finally time to quit!

image.png.f130ff9fda2b6023f23975c75d02b98a.png

What did I achieve in this 4 months of playing the game?

- I reached lvl 522 and and 1039 girls (+25 levels, +198 girls)

- I reached the final chapter of the story (Not the last scroll though)

image.thumb.png.3bf7f62fe0c6cfed2412008e0b041f0d.png

- I won D3 a few more times

image.png.99d3dfe58329d9c0c03bb54330e83f7b.png

- My Mythic harem grew a little larger, although Estelle, Matcha and Red are still missing:

image.thumb.png.79eb2729c0733bd9820e381830f4e1e1.png

However, I'm barely making any progress with Legendary girls:

image.png.c109790d97f4c99462e1173bd738ba57.png

Still, I got Stacy to join me; twice, so I guess that's progress:

image.png.f388b197d34d60b4795cf186d1fb95f9.png

Unfortunately, Norou has been missing for so many years, she has to be presumed dead by now. Even these sweet, sweet orbs didn't make her come any closer:

image.png.90f3cc99f156a44c74ad26b49a0e8415.png

I also started buying clothes for my girls. They've been fully naked for 4.5 years and were feeling a bit cold. Nah, I'm kidding, I actually got all these clothes for free:

image.thumb.png.8716f74ca683136efa451e5f6836c435.png

Despite all these efforts, there are a few girls I wasn't able to meet:

image.thumb.png.6a2e49d5e775d77ccba5d9260782d273.png

And even more I wasn't able to upgrade:

image.thumb.png.e6e03cbb1829f40334b572bafc1bd377.png

Over the years, I hoarded a bunch of resources. They can just go to waste, now :)

image.thumb.png.b81cfcf3cabfa53eecb66fb28ba0620a.png

I still plan to stick around for a few days, and then I'll disappear. Enjoy the game!

• Sad 16
  • Hug 6

Out of interest, you did take over the ingame account from someone else, or do I misunderstand something about the 4 months vs 4 years?

Has the reason you are quitting to do with recent or today's update? There is no stronger feedback than quitting the game, if it is not RL-related.

In any case, I wish you all the best and hope you find joy with your regained RL time 🙂.

• Like 4

Regarding the 4 months: it's a joke, because I created my introduction post 4 months ago, just after a forum update that reset everyone to "Newbie" rank. I was a Newbie with 1900 posts back then.

I've created my account in 2019, and started actively playing in 2021

il y a 5 minutes, Horsting a dit :

Has the reason you are quitting to do with recent or today's update?

Recent updates ("Chaos", really) made me decide it was time to quit. I initially intended to quit after the current events, in 2 or 3 weeks. Today's update made me realize there's really no reason to wait.

• Like 2
  • Hug 9

33 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Regarding the 4 months: it's a joke, because I created my introduction post 4 months ago, just after a forum update that reset everyone to "Newbie" rank. I was a Newbie with 1900 posts back then.

Got it, I joined after that reset 😄.

33 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Today's update made me realize there's really no reason to wait.

I was quite tempted as well today. For me personally the today's update didn't change much (just reached level 300 a minute ago), but the development of the game so clearly points into P2W direction (I personally have not that much problem with more RPG elements), that I thought it may be better to quite now than later. Not much missing. Ironically those more and more bundles and passes that you can buy make it less and less attractive for me to invest any money into the game. I did for season pass, silver card, rare selected bundles, but just decided to stop that and switch to F2P.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2

I applaud your decision. It seems to me that the majority of people who were posting here in 2018-2020 have since disappeared with no trace, even the most enthusiastic ones, like that guy who had 10 or more accounts and was often describing his experiences and luck with each, or the one who had given the oath to not spend a single koban. Or annoying people like George. In my club basically 12 people continue to play, even though it's full per se. Of course every game has people leaving all the time but I can't help but feel that our lovely developers have never really tried to perfect their game to the best of their capacity. Simple bugs that you can deal with in a week are everywhere and are not dealt with in years. Instead we are getting questionable features. And I have never heard if any one of them actully plays it? It's always a sad sign. Like I remember reading the articles about the creators of Civilization or HoMM that had played their own games intensely, even in the workplace. That certainly means something both about the game itself and it's development team too.

• Like 3
  • uwu 1

Just for some differentiation: Usually it is not the "developers" to blame, who do just write the code their are told to. Also based on what I read here from others, it is the head of the company to blame for these decisions, who might have zero coding experience or do not actively code/develop anything, but be more a business man with an idea how to long-term bind players to the game (RPG elements) and make as much profit with them as possible (P2W elements).

Hard to believe, but not impossible that it even pays out, i.e. that a sufficient number of new RPG-loving and high paying players is replacing the in tendency more casual-loving and low paying veterans (matching the game how it was, not what it became/becomes). Might also be a short-term profit boost only while the game is dying with a too large part of the active community quitting. We will see.

Their patreon alone, the last time I checked it, was bringing a decent stream of money, so I believe they are a financially sound company. But what are those mythical developers you are talking about that don't care AT ALL about the product they produce? Are they robotic AI of some sort or what? :) Because if I am developing something, then I am developing something and that means AT LEAST checking out, what the hell of an output is the result of my work?

We have a solid amount of bugs and ugly user experiences that for some reason the script creators must rectify, like flying girls, fat pvp girls, controls you couldn't click on, sorting columns that isn't working, labels errors, tooltips errors, shop and promotions spam, positioning - clipping errors, tons of logical errors after any bigger update, like right now - this is anything but normal in such a simple browser game. This is not super hard to debug and correct, and even easier to ascertain, if you actually play the damn game at least a bit. But I don't think anyone in the creators team or testers team are playing it and that's why nothing is done until people send reports and reports on top of reports. And then some people, as I heard, are banned by the helpdesk for reporting stuff too much. This is low.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Horsting said:

Just for some differentiation: Usually it is not the "developers" to blame, who do just write the code their are told to. Also based on what I read here from others, it is the head of the company to blame for these decisions, who might have zero coding experience or do not actively code/develop anything, but be more a business man with an idea how to long-term bind players to the game (RPG elements) and make as much profit with them as possible (P2W elements).

Hard to believe, but not impossible that it even pays out, i.e. that a sufficient number of new RPG-loving and high paying players is replacing the in tendency more casual-loving and low paying veterans (matching the game how it was, not what it became/becomes). Might also be a short-term profit boost only while the game is dying with a too large part of the active community quitting. We will see.

I think here it's a combination of both the idea person ( company head) and coders (so many bugs).

• Like 3

Sad to see you leave Lil. You were a good helpful clubmate and kind of hoped you'd take over if Hols left. Sadly thats off the table now. I do wish you the best and hopefully all the new free time ends up being a positive thing. 🖖

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

il y a 11 minutes, Gotaku a dit :

You were a good helpful clubmate and kind of hoped you'd take over if Hols left

As Holy said, and I couldn't agree more: if that happened, the club would've died a slow and boring death 😛

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck out there in the real world. We will miss you. People come and go but friends will always be in our memory. 

P.S.: Come later to the forum and tell us what you do with all the time freed from not playing the game.

• Like 6

We have already spoken in the club chat but I am happy to repeat myself here on the forum.

It is very sad that you quit the game, but I understand you completely. It's a big loss for the game, for our club and for me. 😭

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful time and wish you only the best and much success for the future.

I would also like to thank you for your great script Harem++ (github Link), where you even listed me among the contributors. I feel honoured 😊
haremcontributors.PNG.ba979eea5bc011de9f8c4d472da2cfd4.PNG

If you decide to create a Discord account one day, I would be happy if you added me. My username is __.mm.__

Edited by -MM-
  • Like 6

On 6/28/2023 at 2:23 PM, Liliat said:

Recent updates ("Chaos", really) made me decide it was time to quit. I initially intended to quit after the current events, in 2 or 3 weeks. Today's update made me realize there's really no reason to wait.

Fuck. I've seen dozens of long-time veterans and forum contributors quit the game over the years, more often than not over one of the many dick moves Rosso gave us. But I wasn't prepared for you to leave anytime soon, man. There were no signs that I could read from your forum posts, plus you withstood the fuckery of the girl equipment so well that you even scripted your ass off to make it more manageable for us. I guess that left you defenseless against another imbalanced and uncalled for update so soon thereafter, and that was the last straw for you.

I'm genuinely sorry to see you go. I don't know what else to say. Thank you so much for all contributions and good vibes over the years. You'll be missed. All the best to you IRL and good luck have fun in any other game you might play instead.

Actualités : actualités et infos décalées en continu, en France et dans le  monde - page 335

• Like 8
  • uwu 1

I was wondering where you were, you usually corrected my mistakes, and were truly a mentor to new players, often answering their questions.  We had similar game progress, since I skipped 2 years of the game.  Your girl equipment script is a great improvement over the original.  You'll be missed.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 1:30 PM, Liliat said:

Unfortunately, Norou has been missing for so many years, she has to be presumed dead by now. Even these sweet, sweet orbs didn't make her come any closer:

image.png.90f3cc99f156a44c74ad26b49a0e8415.png

image.png.5913b663d8856c7eb898ea94c6d54544.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/866732254357356624.webp?size=48&quality=lossless

@Liliat I hope you see my post in the next 24 hours. That is cruel

Edited by -MM-
  • Like 1
  • Juicy peach 1
  • uwu 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 1:30 PM, Liliat said:

also started buying clothes for my girls. They've been fully naked for 4.5 years and were feeling a bit cold. Nah, I'm kidding, I actually got all these clothes for free:

I didn't want to laugh because it's kind of a sad thread, but this made me chuckle a little bit😆
Have fun out there Liliat.

1434810162834.png.8f806663314913db708718b5f7625e57.png

• Like 1