Choose a Profile "Cover Photo/Gif"

Ravi-Sama

I'll do it.  It'd be easy for me.  If you want a cover photo, post it as a comment here in chit chat, and if I see it, I'll set it as your cover photo.  We could make a thread for it too, so it wouldn't inflate chit-chat.  I could always split these comments over to another thread.

These are the accepted file types:

image.png

My faves are .gifs, but it can be a static image too.

I could do it until members can change it for themselves, if that's possible.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, holymolly said:

(just click on add cover photo on your profile)

I was wondering about the same when editing my profile: There is no "add cover photo" button or such on my profile page. There is a button to change/add the avatar image, a button to edit the profile text, but none for the cover. Probably this feature is somehow reserved for moderators?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I was wondering about the same when editing my profile: There is no "add cover photo" button or such on my profile page. There is a button to change/add the avatar image, a button to edit the profile text, but none for the cover. Probably this feature is somehow reserved for moderators?

idk both me and ravi did it before we got mod so no idea.. guess you´ll just get a tohsaka from me too then :P

• Boner time! 🍆 1

I never even noticed that. Then again I don't spend much time on my own forum profile, or profiles in general (and when I do it's typically not to look at the cosmetic options ^^).

So to be clear, @garadron when you look at your own profile, you have the option I've circled in green, but not the one I've circled in red?

(Edit: there's also the "Account settings" option left of these, but only for your own profile, even as a mod I can edit your profile, but I can't change your password or sensitive shit like that).

image.png

PS: I've removed the whatshername propaganda from Holy, since you can't change it. If need be and in a limited capacity, I could upload a "cover photo" of your choosing instead.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

thanks @DvDivXXX for changing it back to empty. Yeah, it looks like this for me:

image.thumb.png.efd74cb4cfb0fa83894598274b05c59f.png

I don't think it's ok to "use" you (as in mods) for this. You'll make an exception and set this for me and suddenly you'll get 10 other people asking you to do the same because you already made 1 exception ;)

An idea though: now that we have forum levels, maybe it could be used for some forum "rewards"? for example forum members could unlock the ability to set their own cover at high enough level? Signature (although it should be pretty limited to save space)? High level emotes? Just throwing in ideas because I'm not sure how many things (and if any actually) can be tied to these levels but it might be fun to have them do something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Juicy peach 1

My pleasure, and thanks for the confirmation. You're very right about exceptions: you give an inch once and then you kind of have to give a mile every day from then on. ^^

Actually, now I wonder if that's not already something like that. Can anyone who made a million posts and has a high forum rank but isn't a mod confirm if they have this option or not? Say, @bolitho76?

Thanks, man.

Alright, this sounds like a reasonable enough request or at least food for thought for the forum admins. @Tohru - Kinkoid is seldom available these days (once a week the last I heard), so I'll also ping @Luna - Kinkoid just in case.

Ladies: it seems that as of now, only forum mods (or above) have access to the "Cover Photo" option on their forum profile page (incidentally, as mods we also have this option on other users' profiles, but they themselves don't have it).  Would you please consider giving that option as a reward for reaching a certain  forum rank? (Reasonably high, to avoid inappropriate content from dummie account, ofc).

Thanks in advance and please keep up the good work (and good luck to you in your current endeavors, Tohru).

• Thanks 3

Not that it is such am important thing, but just unexpected that such feature is not just unlocked for everyone. I was a little confused when I edited my profile the first time, as there is clearly this abstract cover image indicating that it generally can be changed, which one knows from other forum software. And I spent some minutes to navigate through all settings and was left confused that there was no way to change it. More something address to the software developers/designers, but some indicator like a greyed out edit button which popup that one needs to have rank X or role Y to use it, would be nice 🤓.

• Like 1

• Ravi-Sama featured and pinned this topic
  • Ravi-Sama changed the title to Choose a Profile "Cover Photo/Gif"

for @Ravi-Sama, not for me;

image.thumb.png.0371b0d4173d83bfa46b44cc74b12c65.png

(not sure i want mine changed yet)

------------ 

On 7/21/2023 at 10:57 AM, garadron said:

Yeah, it looks like this for me:

image.thumb.png.efd74cb4cfb0fa83894598274b05c59f.png

same for me.  Odd...

(i tried editing this into my previous posts & got denied.  Ctrl+X was useless too)

Mod-ception Div: Weird. I merged them for you anyway.

Edited by DvDivXXX
(not sure i want mine changed yet)
  • Haha 2

My issue with requesting this from you, @Ravi-Sama is that I'd love to have the text part from this image to be visible behind my avatar but I can imagine it can take a couple of tries with resizing/cropping the image and it doesn't feel fair to ask someone else to do this for me 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.4111a2377470ab24bdb064f1ae8907aa.jpeg

Edited by garadron
  • Hearts 1

2 hours ago, garadron said:

My issue with requesting this from you, @Ravi-Sama is that I'd love to have the text part from this image to be visible behind my avatar but I can imagine it can take a couple of tries with resizing/cropping the image and it doesn't feel fair to ask someone else to do this for me 😁

like  that ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid

I see, had no idea this wasn't an option for most people on the forum. I'll look into it 🐣

9 hours ago, garadron said:

Lol, I remember this from the recent LC.  Nah, that's not really an issue, it's actually really easy to scroll an image up and down.  Don't worry about it.  HolyMolly already set it for you, so enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Juicy peach 1

• 4 months later...
  • DvDivXXX unpinned and locked this topic