Question about saving Contests rewards

DuDeLoK

Want to ask what is the rule that makes saved Contests rewards expire? And after they expire i think they lost, not autoclaimed right?
With future girls skills and farming those mythic items only for 1st place in Cumback Contest makes me want to presave 1st place won rewards before most of people start aiming them (should be possible if they dont expire based on time). Also mb someone can predict how long it will take for KK to add this girls skills feature?

Edited by DuDeLoK

Just to be sure there no 2nd rule that will make rewards expire based on amount of saved rewards? For 21 days its possible to save 20+3+3+4 rewards if im not wrong so wont it force them to expire somehow?

Edited by DuDeLoK

See QA: 

Q: How many Contests can I leave unclaimed? Will I miss out on new contests if I have too many?

A: You can leave up to 21 contests unclaimed. Contests older than 21 days will disappear automatically, and a new contest will be created in its stead.
This does not apply to the event PoA (Path of Attraction), please claim all rewards from that event before the event ends, or any unclaimed rewards from PoA will disappear. The same as PoA applies to Season rewards as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Horsting said:

See QA: 

Read it once before and somehow dont pay attention to this part. thanks for link.
But in how it is described it looks like it says purely about 21x1 normal contests rewards and doesnt consider Cumback and Legendary contests? Mb when it waas writen Cumback and Legendary contests wasnt in game?

Also part about PoP mb someone want to update because now its 6h instead of 7h.

Rules:

1. Each individual contest's rewards expire and are forever lost if you don't claim them within 21 days of earning them.
  2. It doesn't matter how many rewards you're playing with fire with at the same time, this applies to each individual contest's rewards separately.
  3. If you do let contest rewards expire, that's it. Sending a support ticket will not help you (on the contrary, it might put you on Support's radar as a "spammer"). I'm also 90% sure even the most expensive monthly card doesn't claim them for you (they claim rewards for Seasons, Po-anything, and more, but not for contests, as far as I know). Claim them or lose them.

Advice:

1. Don't play with fire, it's not worth it, ever. At the very least, don't play with fire for crucial rewards like girls or #1 rewards in big contests.
  2. If you choose to play with fire, at the very least give yourself some margin of error and take actual notes for each set of rewards.
  3. If you burn yourself anyway, my shoulder will not be available for you to cry on. Hopefully you'll at least learn that lesson the hard way (as many of us have at some point or another) and you'll follow Advice #1 from then on.

That's all there is to it.

Many players love to play with fire and juggle with a whole bunch of unclaimed rewards looking for tiny opportunities to gain a bit of extra value from the act of claiming them when/if a good window of opportunity for that presents itself before the precious rewards they've already earned and are actively dangling above the fire fall into it forever. Many players routinely claim their rewards for virtually anything they've already earned at the very last moment, even. To each their own, and yeah sure, the very diligent players who never ever lose track of time and never ever happen to be busy or caught by an unplanned server maintenance, connection issue or just real life stuff on the fateful last moment for any of those unclaimed rewards do gain a fair bit of extra value from this dangerous habit over time. +50k points for a "get a new girl" task here, a few extra scraps of epic flower bunches there, mostly. More power to them if and as long as they can keep up with that and also kuddos for being immune to the insane amount of extra stress and the big fat extra list of self-imposed chores they're routinely adding to the already increasingly stressful and annoying list of chores this game is turning into as it is.

Not in a million years as far as I'm concerned. But again, to each their own. Just don't forget what this actually entails and make sure this is something worth it for you as a player and as a person, and it won't make your daily and weekly routine less enjoyable as it does for someone like me. Know what you're signing up for, basically.

Good luck have fun either way, dude.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Horsting said:

A: You can leave up to 21 contests unclaimed. Contests older than 21 days will disappear automatically

The first part is wrong, it is not important how many there are. On some days we got 2 or 3 contests.
Only the 21 Days are relevant.

If you don't use "The Script", give it a try. It ads a Counter when they expire.

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Don't play with fire, it's not worth it, ever.

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Many players love to play with fire and juggle with a whole bunch of unclaimed rewards

I must admit, I do it all the time, and yes, I got burned, not only once (hard learner).
Still do it, will do it further.

But as I mentioned earlier, I don't take all this that very much seriously.
Doesn't mean that I'm not upset when I fuck up again. But you defenitely have to live with those Errors; if you can't, don't do it.

Most tricky part comes from not playing only one game, but multiple ones. That makes keeping track rather hard, especially with all the ongoing Events right now.
And that is often the reason, why I forget to colleckt some things, because I concentrate on others (mostly trying to score in contest last moment).

So after all, I don't know how appealing it would be, to cry on DiV's schoulder, but I guess I can cope by myself. 😅

Edited by Der DinX
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Der DinX said:
On 7/26/2023 at 1:31 PM, Horsting said:

A: You can leave up to 21 contests unclaimed. Contests older than 21 days will disappear automatically

The first part is wrong, it is not important how many there are. On some days we got 2 or 3 contests.
Only the 21 Days are relevant.

I thought I had this covered already with the first two rules I clarified:

23 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Rules:

1. Each individual contest's rewards expire and are forever lost if you don't claim them within 21 days of earning them.
  2. It doesn't matter how many rewards you're playing with fire with at the same time, this applies to each individual contest's rewards separately.

---

I must admit, I do it all the time, and yes, I got burned, not only once (hard learner).
Still do it, will do it further.

I don't know how appealing it would be, to cry on DiV's schoulder, but I guess I can cope by myself. 😅

Donald Glover Good GIF - Donald Glover Good Mad - Discover & Share GIFs

---

33 minutes ago, 430i said:

Does anyone remember when they introduced mythic gear, whether the MG reward for 1st place in LC was retroactively applied?

9 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Are you thinking about keeping CbC unclaimed to get additional bulbs when girls' skills are introduced?

This would be my guess as well. I'm not sure we can find a unicorn who happens to remember the factoid 430 is asking about, but even if we did and the answer was yes, it wouldn't be a guarantee that it will work the same this time around.

What I can confirm is that every time they've changed reward types in any slot of a feature with a reward track, the existing reward tracks affected were 100% changed retroactively, but ONLY for players who hadn't already claimed the rewards that changed. We've seen this most recently with the improved GG pachinko orbs: those of us who had already claimed the GGx1 orbs didn't magically receive GGx2s instead; but those who had those rewards still unclaimed did get GGx2s instead of the GGx1s the rest of us had claimed before the change.

I would lean more towards assuming there's a decent chance it works the same for contest rewards, so playing with fire might get extra hot for the next week or so for those into it. But I wouldn't bet on it either (even if I was the kind of player to keep unclaimed rewards for weeks). For those who are already stashing them anyways, sounds like there's no extra risk and a potential extra reward, so I don't see a reason not to hold on to the relevant rewards that might get a retroactive upgrade when this goes live.

• Like 2

I have only the CbC rewards unclaimed from this week, so no big risk regarding the 21 days, and 2x 1st and 2x 2nd is something. Only problem is that for today's DC the books from CbC rewards will be most likely needed to win. So a chance for bulbs from CbC next week vs kobans from DC today 🤔. For me, this is a typical kind of last hour decision from the guts 😄.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the noob question, but maybe I'm starting from a wrong assumption.
If you don't claim the daily rewards, you don't get the 150 koban for completing them, right?
If so, is it worth giving up about 4,500 koban a month to collect them whenever you want?

1 hour ago, Miccia said:

Sorry for the noob question, but maybe I'm starting from a wrong assumption.

No problem, QA is exactly the place to ask any question, especially noob questions. And yes, in this case I think you're probably confusing daily rewards and contest rewards.

1 hour ago, Miccia said:

If you don't claim the daily rewards, you don't get the 150 koban for completing them, right?

Right.

1 hour ago, Miccia said:

If so, is it worth giving up about 4,500 koban a month to collect them whenever you want?

Not even sort of. Unlike contests, there's no real benefit to be gained from stashing daily rewards to claim them later. Definitely not worth missing out on your daily 150 kobans ever, let alone for a month.

Some people like to wait for an opportunity to grab extra value when they claim their contest rewards, or their rewards from the various reward tracks in the game (Season, Po-V/A/G, SE etc.). I still feel it's playing with fire when there's a risk of losing the rewards you've already earned if you forget or are unavailable to claim them before they expire. But at least, as long as they don't screw up that way, they're not losing anything by delaying things a bit. You have almost 21 days to claim a contest's rewards after the contest ends, and for rewards on a reward track, you have until the end of the event.

Daily rewards are not like that: you have until the end of the server-time day to claim them or you lose the 150 kobans for that day.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Miccia said:

don't claim the daily rewards

The only reason not to collect Daily Missions is the experience for them, which is taken into account in the corresponding Contest. However, this is not such a big deal. At 500+ levels, this is about 6000 experience, which gives 60,000 points in the contest. Whether the extra cost of 150 kobans is worth it is up to you. But in my opinion, it's not worth it.

If by Daily Rewards you didn’t mean Daily Missions, then this does not affect the receipt of 150 kobans. However, you need to remember that chests for Daily Goals are reset when the day is updated, and rewards for contests are stored for 3 weeks (I can be wrong about regular contests, because I don’t store them)

Edited by Master-17
Corrected the values
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point, M17. It didn't occur to me that Miccia might have had the chests from daily goals in mind instead of the rewards from daily missions, in which case it's even worse because you literally can't stash the chests: they disappear and get replaced with the ones for the next day's daily goals at the next daily server reset.

6 hours ago, Master-17 said:

rewards for contests are stored for 3 weeks (I can be wrong about regular contests, because I don’t store them)

This holds true for every type of contest, from the regular daily contests, to CbC, to LC. I prefer to tell people that it's up to 21 days and insist on the fact that each individual contest's rewards have their own 21 days long shelf life, from the moment the contest ends to 21 days later when the rewards expire. So even someone very diligent with this, noting down the exact expiry date for each set of contest rewards they decide to store and "feeling lucky" that they won't forget or mess up the countdown can't hold any given set of contest rewards for more than 20 days and say 23 hours and some change. They expire the instant the 3 weeks have passed since the player earned them.

---

In any case, I don't partake in a lot of that playing with fire for small to medium potential extra gains from the act of claiming rewards from contests. I do it a little bit for reward tracks, because at least the expiry date is loud and clear and hard to miss as it's the same as the event that provides the reward track (but even then the closer I get to the limit, the less comfortable it becomes). To each their own, and I'm happy providing the info for those who feel like taking that route, but I also want them to know how risky it is beforehand.

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

So even someone very diligent with this, noting down the exact expiry date for each set of contest rewards they decide to store and "feeling lucky" that they won't forget or mess up the countdown can't hold any given set of contest rewards for more than 20 days and say 23 hours and some change

HH++ script is doing this for you 😉

1.jpg.3b7a569ed769d30ef87f7d1236fa66db.jpg

• Surprised :O 2

Oh wow, it even shows the expiry time for contests which did end already, before the toggle was enabled. I didn't know this information was available by the game and thought that the script just stores the time when the contest is still running to derive its rewards expiry afterwards. Many thanks 🙂.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Oh wow, it even shows the expiry time for contests which did end already, before the toggle was enabled. I didn't know this information was available by the game and thought that the script just stores the time when the contest is still running to derive its rewards expiry afterwards. Many thanks 🙂.

Why not? The game needs to somehow count these 21 days. So most likely each reward has a time of receipt, which the script sees, but the game does not display. Based on this, the script displays the remaining time, making simple calculations.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

each reward has a time of receipt, which the script sees

I do just wonder why this time is available for the frontend, as it is otherwise not used. Usually one keeps info unused on the backend/server and only provides info to the frontend which is actually used.

1 hour ago, Horsting said:

which I thought is only for copy&pasting the results.

image.png.69f6c042ef1440bd62aaef7e615edd5f.png

Your thinking of this module from my HH++ addon "Zoo's HH scripts"

12 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I do just wonder why this time is available for the frontend, as it is otherwise not used. Usually one keeps info unused on the backend/server and only provides info to the frontend which is actually used.

Used to not be visible for a long time, but at the end of May this year they changed how all the reward slows get built causing them to expose "contests_data". With that variable it finally gave the needed info to add in the expiration timer, which was long requested.

Also a note about the expiration timer from the script, it does make a guess of when exactly it should expire on the last day since it seems it's not a fixed time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zoopokemon said:

Your thinking of this module from my HH++ addon "Zoo's HH scripts"

Ah right, I just remembered there was some copy setting and now thought it was this one. Now also the wording makes sense, with the added summary for all unclaimed contest rewards, when not having a single contest selected. Great feature, many thanks for adding it!

1 hour ago, zoopokemon said:

Also a note about the expiration timer from the script, it does make a guess of when exactly it should expire on the last day since it seems it's not a fixed time.

So the true timeout is not necessarily at new contests 13:30 MET of the last day? Anyway, better not play with fire in any case. The benefit of leaving contest rewards unclaimed is anyway not too large, and only for the girls. The only large benefit they give is for DP, which is only every 2 months. They give 50k for single type of contest, including LC last day, which is not nothing, but the bulk of score is done via GXP.

3 hours ago, Master-17 said:

HH++ script is doing this for you 😉

1.jpg.3b7a569ed769d30ef87f7d1236fa66db.jpg

Wow, I actually have that option enabled, but I never noticed the timer until today. :$ That's very very nice. Thanks for showing me! (And thanks to Zoo for making it, ofc).