New Feature: The Labyrinth - Started December 6th 2023 at live

bolitho76

Pretty similar here, not >=100%, but practically still invincible:

image.png.c5270d44ea0d8cd7b40b6fb713862e05.png

image.png.ba468282509a6553ba7977631cf54957.png

I could have taken Neono on front line alone to get a perfect score with 0 tired girls, but I do not care about the leaderboard and did let LanaLana tired beside her, before Mala got the (weaker but more than sufficient) duck master as well. And ego rebound was significantly buffed as well, I just did not see this last run. It does something, but not that significant, as long as the tank is not a DD in the same turn. For Neono as KH, of course this worked much better, but again was completely unnecessary as she was never in danger anyway.

This was after the 4th boss on normal mode btw, hence some lost ego, mostly due to boss skills.

22 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

To me, this makes sensual girls a higher tier than submissive girls because you can only heal up to your max ego, but you can continue stacking shields for a much greater EHP (effective health pool).

Are you sure/did someone verify that multiple shields do stack? Since it hits 3 random girls only, and often 1 shield is enough to survive until the next healing is incoming, IMO also the value of shield girls, similar to healers, reduces significantly after you have 2 already. Actually it is more important that they do not all cast in the same round, hence I think having 1-2 exhibitionist girls with mana buff might benefit more after all than filling the whole team with healers/shields. But depends also on the classes and which elements you have as tanks.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:31 PM, EpicBacon said:

Well.. the stun is unreliable at best, I am testing on a L5 girl, so there is some extra percentage to get as a Mythic.

Unreliable indeed, I would probably also not prefer it as long as they are not blessed. Currently they are simply awesome DDs and in above team I had 3 of them, so the chance for any stun to happen was quite high.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:31 PM, EpicBacon said:

it seems girls cannot stun girls who are already stunned, so I usually ended up with data showing 1 girl with high stun rate, and the other abysmal stun rate, depending on who stunned first.

That is true, and awesome, since the other one keeps her mana and can stun after the other expired. Compared to most other defensive skills, this one actually "stacks" much better. But again, healers and shield and probably exhibitionist to have some healers/shielders cast earlier from 2nd iteration on, are overall most like more beneficial. But e.g. to me all other skills are much weaker, and it is hence a question how many girls of which element you can actually max out, or did as of blessings etc. And if there are just not enough healers/shielders, and playful are blessed, then I prefer them.

21 hours ago, CulturedCrow said:

On Playful girls, I consider them high risk/high reward since it may take multiple turns with 100 mana before the skill actually triggers. Then once it triggers, the 2 targets are random. So once in a while this skill might totally swing the fight against a boss by triggering quickly and hitting 2 girls who were about to use skills. But the rest of the time the girl will contribute nothing but basic damage.

I see the benefit mostly from mid to end of the battle: Opponent skills are IMO pretty irrelevant anyway, especially since they do not heal anymore now. It is by times to relax the gap between 1st and 2nd skill iterations, and to have the last opponent girls mostly stunned, so that your girls can be healed up for the next battle. Without stun skill, it happens more often that your tanks go damaged into next battle, so you either need to heal them in easy battles in mid/back line, exchange them, or have a higher risk that one gets tired in next battle, before first healing/shield comes in. The last two runs, with 2-3 playful girls, it was able to take one red opponent after another, and standing tanks were almost always at max health at the end of the battle. But probably you can achieve similar well, when you exchange them for more healers/shields, of course, especially when you have own exhibitionist or opponent voyeur girls. I actually love opponent voyeurs, when having multiple healers, since they cast in separate rounds when one lost mana from opponent voyeur skill, making the healing more effective.

23 hours ago, CulturedCrow said:

3rd) Physical girls are a decent crutch during early floors of the labyrinth. I believe you gain 2% defense for each point in the physical girl 5th skill, so having a Legendary girl giving 8% defense buff early on is a great survival tool.

It's 4-5-6-7-8: All skills start at 50% and scale by 12.5% with every further level. I mean it is hard to see the effect of defence, when not watching/comparing the numbers in AJAX response, but to me it never made any relevant difference. Also 8% raised defence simply is a tiny damage reduction. Let it be 2k - 2.5k raised defence for the next 4 rounds, means 8k - 10k damage reduction split over 4 rounds from the 3rd - 4th round on, compared to a ~100k shield which is fully present immediately (of course not assured on the tank(s)) or ~150k healing, immediately. I think even a stun, despite being not assured, helps more in average than this little defence buff. And once you have some protective bubble, defence becomes even less relevant, as it is mathematically reduced by the bubble as well, while shield and healing (and stun) keep their full potential. I would rate the physical skill among the weakest, with voyeur and eccentric, at best a little higher with dominatrix, which IMO is also not too strong anymore: With healers and shields and in case stuns, you might want battles to last longer at the end, so your tanks can be healed up to max.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsting said:
On 3/16/2024 at 5:34 PM, EpicBacon said:

To me, this makes sensual girls a higher tier than submissive girls because you can only heal up to your max ego, but you can continue stacking shields for a much greater EHP (effective health pool).

Are you sure/did someone verify that multiple shields do stack? Since it hits 3 random girls only, and often 1 shield is enough to survive until the next healing is incoming, IMO also the value of shield girls, similar to healers, reduces significantly after you have 2 already. Actually it is more important that they do not all cast in the same round, hence I think having 1-2 exhibitionist girls with mana buff might benefit more after all than filling the whole team with healers/shields. But depends also on the classes and which elements you have as tanks.

That particular quote was from @CulturedCrow that i responded too.
But yes I can confirm that multiple shields can stack, both from "protective assist" and GS5 shield skill.
The problem is of cource that its random, I've had several instances where I have 2 shield girls and none of the shields have hit the frontline.

As for the casting of the shields, I usually prefere to get them both at the same time, especially if the first cast does not hit any of the girls I want the shield on. My opponent also seems to like to crit in round 1, while I seem to get more crits later on in the fight. This means my frontline girls are in need of more protection.

The crit part is probably just random, but its not uncommon for the opponent to crit me 2-3 times in round one.

Unreliable indeed, I would probably also not prefer it as long as they are not blessed. Currently they are simply awesome DDs and in above team I had 3 of them, so the chance for any stun to happen was quite high.

I have now switched around some bulbs, and I'll be using a mythic stun girl going forward, mostly to check if there are any significant change in critical chance from legend to mythic. It will also make me less annoyed if I can stun more often :) Based on available data right now, it seems to be around 5%

That is true, and awesome, since the other one keeps her mana and can stun after the other expired. Compared to most other defensive skills, this one actually "stacks" much better. But again, healers and shield and probably exhibitionist to have some healers/shielders cast earlier from 2nd iteration on, are overall most like more beneficial. But e.g. to me all other skills are much weaker, and it is hence a question how many girls of which element you can actually max out, or did as of blessings etc. And if there are just not enough healers/shielders, and playful are blessed, then I prefer them.

For gameplay this is indeed useful, but for testing stun its really awful, as it will mess up the numbers. In the little testing I did, I was also able to see that as long as there are available girls to be stunned, the stun can hit a girl that is already stunned. I cannot say anything about if the stun stacks, and that battle ended shorty after, and I did not take the responce in that particular battle.

Edit:

image.png.03c0297e52006aeb2efd8fceceb2f4fe.png

This is the from the responce from the end of a Hard fight on floor 2 (normal mode)
Both of these girls have shields; the upper on at 56% of total ego, and the lower at 68% of total ego

Considering that my L4 shield girls can only add up to 28% shields, its clear that they have been shielded several times. I double checked, and the second girl was shielded by a "protection assist" relic before the battle for 12% And that will explain the increased shield.

This also means that both these girls was shielded twice for 28%, since 28*2 = 56.

Edited by EpicBacon
Shield information
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Horsting said:

Opponent skills are IMO pretty irrelevant anyway, especially since they do not heal anymore now.

Maybe it's because I haven't used many Playful girls (and I haven't seen a single Protective Bubble relic my past 2 laby runs!), but my experience varies wildly based on opponent girl skills. Especially on the later floor bosses where they start with lots of mana and trigger skills on the 3rd round, opponent Sensuals and Voyeurs can cause a huge swing in momentum.

The opponent Voyeur saps mana on the turn before I would get my skills, pushing all of my skill triggers back by a turn. Not only that, but multiple of my girls land on 95-99 mana afterward (instead of 100-105), so next turn they end up wasting 15-19 of their gained mana, which pushes their next skill trigger back further. If the opponent Voyeur is in the mid or backline, she will trigger her skill every 3rd turn, pushing your skill triggers back more each time.

If you have a combo team that relies on skills triggering at certain times, that delay can be disastrous as your shields and heals cannot save the frontliners, causing a domino effect that can even cost a couple midline girls by the end of the fight.

This can be avoided by manipulating which opponent girls are skilled, but that bit of tech probably isn't known by the average player.  

1 hour ago, EpicBacon said:

Considering that my L4 shield girls can only add up to 28% shields, its clear that they have been shielded several times. I double checked, and the second girl was shielded by a "protection assist" relic before the battle for 12% And that will explain the increased shield.

Thanks for confirming. I usually run 2-3 Sensuals at any given time and could only visually confirm that taking the same numerical damage one turn to the next shrinks the shield bar by a smaller amount after adding more stacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CulturedCrow said:

The opponent Voyeur saps mana on the turn before I would get my skills, pushing all of my skill triggers back by a turn. Not only that, but multiple of my girls land on 95-99 mana afterward (instead of 100-105), so next turn they end up wasting 15-19 of their gained mana, which pushes their next skill trigger back further. If the opponent Voyeur is in the mid or backline, she will trigger her skill every 3rd turn, pushing your skill triggers back more each time.

As said, with sufficient healers I actually see opponent voyeur girls as a gift, so that heals do not come all in one round, being mostly wasted. The chance that all healers get that much mana stolen that they are all delayed for a round is small, at least it never recognised this happening. But that was on normal difficulty, maybe on hard, the typical (red) battles, especially on higher floors, happen a little different.

2 hours ago, CulturedCrow said:

This can be avoided by manipulating which opponent girls are skilled, but that bit of tech probably isn't known by the average player.

There is a way to manipulate which opponent girls are skilled (aside of choosing the right opponent, of course)? That sounds like abusing a bug, so be careful with this.

Okay, if shield stacks, then having 3 shield girls does not seem to be bad, minimising the chance that tanks are not shielded, but not loosing the effect. I would still rate healing overall higher/more important, healing a higher ego amount, usually fully required on first heal, and assured to affect both tanks. But indeed they do not stack that well, so some measure to raise the chance that they cast in different rounds, at least when using 3 or more healers, taking into account also KH with higher starting mana (anyway preferred as being good DDs with high speed), is helpful.

There is a way to manipulate which opponent girls are skilled (aside of choosing the right opponent, of course)? That sounds like abusing a bug, so be careful with this.

This is just a reference to what @Alex_i mentioned on the previous page. It isn't manipulating the opponent's team directly through an illicit method, it's just being aware that their team reflects the top girls we bring to the labyrinth. I unskilled one of my top 7 girls since I didn't plan on even using her (she was a Playful) and the change did indeed result in one less opponent girl with an active skill.

The technique is more a curiosity than a necessity on Normal mode, and I'm too cheap/lazy to unskill girls on my current League team just to benefit my labyrinth run. But it exists until the developers use a less lazy method of determining opponent skills.

I've got again a quite usefull combination of relics, this is all on easy though.

Bunny with 90% dodges doesn't get much damage at all, defence bonus is rather strong, and the rejuvenation is enough to heal her.

Neono is even better, although she doges quite a lot, she also gets some hits.
But with her own strike she heals herself to 100%

image.png.c20a6dba8f790a83a6e52620627f0812.pngimage.png.90be3dc54dbf8283834681bbd38009c2.pngimage.png.bf349a8e5e91fcccaebed8fd876b113f.png
image.png.5fc21791cf7a3deef9079a95a0640c91.pngimage.png.1ba9a71f439de83d8865fd5e38ddf8db.png

image.png.73cf5220c3fc430d2ca34e499e704c53.png      image.thumb.png.361a9057a55286c7bb2ff904f3179347.png

At the last Boss both took quite some beating, but never enough to get them really into trouble.
And with deminishing opponents they restored there power to 100%.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 9:39 AM, 430i said:

It was mentioned a while back that the opponent you fight will mirror the skills of the team you used to fight the previous opponent. Is my understanding correct? Would it be a good idea then to fight the opponent before the boss with a skill-less team, even if you wipe out few times, as this will setup an easier boss fight?

On 3/17/2024 at 1:03 PM, Alex_i said:

Yes, looks that way. Tried out and got zero G5 skills for last boss. As a result, first hard labyrinth finish without using stones 💪. Was close though, had only 15 girls left.

Was not able to repeat. Looks like there's something else into it. Verified the opponent teams skills from mid first floor onwards. This time all the checked opponent teams got two G5 skilled girls - always at same positions (one in front row and one at back). Seems as the opponent G5 skills were decided very early on. Sadly, couldn't even finish the run. The last boss girls had 73k - 76k defense and most of my girls were not able to do any damage.

44 minutes ago, Alex_i said:

Was not able to repeat. Looks like there's something else into it. Verified the opponent teams skills from mid first floor onwards. This time all the checked opponent teams got two G5 skilled girls - always at same positions (one in front row and one at back). Seems as the opponent G5 skills were decided very early on. Sadly, couldn't even finish the run. The last boss girls had 73k - 76k defense and most of my girls were not able to do any damage.

Maybe blessing change have influenced your top 7? I made another run today and everything was still working as I described few days ago. Or indeed there is something else here that hasn't been discovered yet.

hi guys, i see in Ranking, some runs on Lab in HARD mode, in original HH, its only avaliable upon level 500? (i dont know if anyone explains this on any comment)

EDIT: i read the patch notes, but i wanna know the requeriments (not avaliable for me, lv401)

Edited by Marc121212

Someone posted here it's level 500 and you need the girls of course

I would also like to say how much hard mode is not something a casual like me really needed, but finally:image.thumb.png.edb0348e7ef5855595ed728d893113a9.png

• Thanks 1
  • GG 1

Il 15/3/2024 in 19:06 , Varaczek ha scritto:

When your 280 girls take you all the way through 5 levels of LL up to the boss battle (I ended on the boss with literally 3 girls left) and then the boss alone takes 74 (top) girls from the second batch, that's when you know the balance ain't balancin'.

But we also know nobody actually even tried to balance this, so... whatever, I guess?

That's even funnier when you get to the final boss, rejuvenate the girls, only to find out all the boss' girls have at least 5k defense points more than your strongest girl, and you do no damage at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 1

did a perfect run, but its not really about strategie its all about rng. If you are lucky enough to get those totally op duck master relics early enough then the rest is quite easy. In my oppion its to much rng involved in the laby as it is right now. Some mechanic that allows exchanging not needed relics against others might be a nice thing. And Duck master is too strong as it is right now. It turns any girl into a close to immortal tank. 

image.thumb.png.2df72307c7f014978166eba20a1f2f24.png

image.thumb.png.d3a3983cfc40cdf6fca7dce80cf102c7.png

• Like 2

Maybe we can ask Kinkoid to rename the game Harem RNG Hell

Anyway, I think, aside from the soon to be nerfed dodge relics (you don't think they want this to be easy right?) the damage absorb and healing stuff seems to help, adding a little overall defense and damage and you can somewhat play and not just refill your girls. 

That seems to be a problem of the Laby, to much focus on the relics, I think your girls and your setup/strategy should be way more important if we want to call this a game and not a lottery.

• Like 2

I have noted lately that all center girls in all floors are now a mythic with full 5th skill, and none of the other girls have any skill. I am playing only normal difficulty so I don't know if hard follows a different pattern.

8 hours ago, jelom said:

I have noted lately that all center girls in all floors are now a mythic with full 5th skill, and none of the other girls have any skill. I am playing only normal difficulty so I don't know if hard follows a different pattern.

xRob91 set this out a couple of pages back. 

Your opponents have only the middle girl skilled because only the first of your top 7 labyrinth girls is skilled. (I'm guessing Lunar Bunny's Mom?) My opponents have only the front row skilled because I have the 3rd and 4th of my top 7 skilled.

Basically, the labyrinth assumes you're going to pick your 7 strongest girls, in traditional team order (centre, up, then clockwise) and mirrors it (centre, up, then anticlockwise), with matching girls having matching skills and levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:07 AM, hS7 said:

Your opponents have only the middle girl skilled because only the first of your top 7 labyrinth girls is skilled. (I'm guessing Lunar Bunny's Mom?) My opponents have only the front row skilled because I have the 3rd and 4th of my top 7 skilled.

I tested it with a squad with no GS5. The center girls are still mythic with full GS5 as @jelom said.

10 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

I tested it with a squad with no GS5. The center girls are still mythic with full GS5 as @jelom said.

No, it is not the girls in your squad, but your 7 stronger girls (in the squad selection screen) whose GS5 are mirrored into the opponent girl squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

9 hours ago, jelom said:

No, it is not the girls in your squad, but your 7 stronger girls (in the squad selection screen) whose GS5 are mirrored into the opponent girl squad.

Thats.... an interesting way to do it.

If one of the blessing for the week is mythic,  most likely the strongest 7 in your squad will be mythic 

The opponents will all have GS5 skills if your mythic all fully upgrade.  Even a 3 star legendary opponent will have level 5 skills.

So will you reset your mythic girls so your opponent will not have GS5 skill?🤔

3 hours ago, hihi1237823 said:

So will you reset your mythic girls so your opponent will not have GS5 skill?🤔

I guess, this depends on the case - namely the blessings and which girls you've skilled. Sometimes it's enough to temporarily drop the girl equipment (for G5 girls in your top 7). This works for me this week.

• Like 1