How you doing in the "League"

casey

faprick just won my league. I could easily have done that too, just like many other players.

Maybe this was the devs' intention, but personally I have completely lost interest in leagues, even if now i have more chances to win 😐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think dev should add the option to [rank up] [stay] [rank down] at the end of the season. for example:

if you do a great job on that season it will show [stay] and [rank up]

if you do a terrible job on that season it will show [stay] and [rank down]

I want to rank down so bad [you need to be in last 15 and have 0 points] but I don't want to lose these valuable xp

Edited by NotBlueNeon
  • Like 1

They should ask at the beginning: are you willing to pay kobans to win this league. If yew, how many. And them the highest bidder wins. 

Ridiculous of course, but this has become a lotrery and not a fun one. Im doing 90th now, relegating but trying to scrape a bit of exp along. My monthly card expired today. Perhaps it is time for a break...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotBlueNeon said:

I think dev should add the option to [rank up] [stay] [rank down] at the end of the season. for example:

if you do a great job on that season it will show [stay] and [rank up]

if you do a terrible job on that season it will show [stay] and [rank down]

I want to rank down so bad [you need to be in last 15 and have 0 points] but I don't want to lose these valuable xp

I think if you have 0 points you demote no matter how many other people have 0.

The one time I got demoted wins + losses was only enough to get me to about 13th last and down I went.

I do not like the optional promote idea. You would get really strong players camping on 1st in every league. 1st in S3 is worth more than 2-4 in D1. Forcing players who have reaped a 1-15 reward to suffer at least 1 week in a tougher league is a good thing.

Similarly the optional demote is a bad idea. One of the ideas behind demotion is it should hurt. If you can demote even after making a decent go at say S2 there is nothing to stop you from ping ponging between S2 and S1 collecting max in S2 and decent in S1.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, DHarry said:

@Habi Since I had obligations, and am unsure if I still enjoy this with new boosters, I decided to just give up and demote this week. But right there with me at the bottom of our Table is Isi. 😯 What do you think he is doing there? 🤔

Congrats on your victory btw. 👍🏻

that's his normal pattern. he only occasionally does 15 fights at a time and somewhere in the week he will do all remaining fights (when he has more time is my guess). even more so if rank1 is already taken he's not in a hurry to finish it. don't expect him to demote, that would be the absolute worst case scenario regarding xp.

thank you. 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daniele said:

faprick just won my league. I could easily have done that too, just like many other players.

Maybe this was the devs' intention, but personally I have completely lost interest in leagues, even if now i have more chances to win 😐

Somebody blinked in my league bracket today as well, spending nearly the entire koban difference between 1st and 2nd place on refills in the process.

S3 100 opponents. Done.

image.png.a98494958956f69264005a83a0a16cbd.png

It is hard to tell in CrazyBoosterLand but I think it was a weak field and I was top player, certainly top 3. Under the old system I would have made the boost/tank decision on day 4, finished off the 3 iffy ones and cruised to 900. But in CrazyBoosterLand there where bunches of players boosted to where they could beat everyone. So I figured 3840 - 1700 > 462 (plus all the other stuff) and if I wait there could be more than 3 players that boost long enough to get 900 pts and force me to promote without a 1-4 cherry.

But I do not like it. I think kinkoid's changes in the time I have been playing (12 months) have been, on balance, more good than bad. Not perfect, not always what I would have done, but given the restrictions of having to make a profit and being a small organization, they did pretty good. But I think they are making a big mistake with the booster change.

I think this may be the last big league payout I ever get. In leagues above S3 it makes economic sense to max boost and finish the league in the 1st minutes. In the future I suspect even the leagues below D1will probably start to get booster+koban bombed at the point where 1st place kobans is just more than kobans needed to finish all remaining players. So: S3 about day 1, S2 day 4, S1 day 5, W3 day 7.

1st place is too juicy, boosters are op, first to get there tiebreaker is counter to the rest of the game, buying a challenge costs the same in W1 as in D3. One of these should be changed. Having your network latency and your luck getting server connections in the first 20 min determine if you finish 1st is just not fun. It looks to me like boosters are sucking most of the fun out of leagues. (I got nothing to do now for 3 1/2 days.) But I was pessimistic about how fun leagues could be when they introduced them and I was wrong. Maybe I will be wrong this time too. I will give it a go and see if I can come up with a fun strategy.

26 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

It is hard to tell in CrazyBoosterLand but I think it was a weak field and I was top player, certainly top 3. Under the old system I would have made the boost/tank decision on day 4, finished off the 3 iffy ones and cruised to 900. But in CrazyBoosterLand there where bunches of players boosted to where they could beat everyone. So I figured 3840 - 1700 > 462 (plus all the other stuff) and if I wait there could be more than 3 players that boost long enough to get 900 pts and force me to promote without a 1-4 cherry.

Ironically, now that you've ended the competition so early I might be able to wait things out and finish top 4 without spending any kobans at all, which would leave me only ~500 kobans below what you just earnt with that spending spree. Still trying to decide between doing that, or tank to have another go at winning the league next week. Though if first place is worth so little extra, I'll gain almost as much if I promote and then try to boosterize myself to the top 45 in D1 instead. B|

Edited by _shal_

33 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Ironically, now that you've ended the competition so early I might be able to wait things out and finish top 4 without spending any kobans at all, which would leave me only ~500 kobans below what you just earnt with that spending spree. Still trying to decide between doing that, or tank to have another go at winning the league next week. Though if first place is worth so little extra, I'll gain almost as much if I promote and then try to boosterize myself to the top 45 in D1 instead. B|

Glad to help, I am all about the community service. 9_9

I am hoping scraping for a few extra wins in D1 will be more fun than tanking in S3 or fretting over when to pull the koban trigger.

2nd to 1st is 2500 kobans, I spent 1700-1800 so 700-800 profit even over 2-4 let alone 16th which was the real alternative.

Edited by snowman22
Added koban info.
  • Like 1

There is one guy in my D1 league who spend thousands of kobans to be first, but lost one fight, so he only has 898 points. Now I have used all my fights and used one refill which costed about 100 kobans and I won every fight so I'm first with 900 points. I'm happy that I'll win the league, but somehow feel bad for the guy who used thousands of kobans to be second :D

Looks like everybody wins in crazyboosterland. There is probably a 20K+ ego spread in those 900s.

image.png.c10b052cc4f5abf68e4d78033652bc10.png

@DHarry said he was bored demoting from D2. Equally unfun sitting at the top of S3 for 5 days. Nothing to do in leagues except look at that full meter and dream of what might have been. The conclusion I have come to is that scraping for 30th is best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha, success! I'm back in the game baby! 😎 That's right, I've been demoted back to D1! And it's clear that no one wanted this more than Me in My League as I managed to get a "perfect 100" out of 100! Now then, it's time to enjoy some good old D1 combat! ✌😁20190314_120517.jpg.2adabb089ce24757a4ac58de98356add.jpg

This week i finished 7th. I could have placed better. Not bad anyway, and at least i have experimented with boosters during the week.

image.png.c035d0e37d6a65e50c723d060a19804f.png

I somehow predict I will place a lot better in this new week 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 11:06 PM, _shal_ said:

Not sure what to expect from the new season in this brave new booster world. I'm sure I'm somewhere around the top 10 again in base strength, but... We'll see, I guess. Hard to judge the field strength now. Anyway, there are actually 21 players at lower levels than me now, so that's been a bit of a jump.

Well then.

HH-S25-S3.png

First place was locked up after less than half the season, of course. After the second 900 score appeared tonight I ended up refilling early for the last 8 challenge tokens (100 kobans), in case more possible perfect scores were still lurking. Fair price to remove the uncertainty on a +768 koban reward, I figured, even if it turned out unneeded in the end.

I was actually surprised that the 4th place guy didn't end up with a perfect score as well; I'm not sure how strong he was at the start of the league week, but at least during the last few days he had stronger (unboosted) stats than any of us 900'ers.

So, on to D1 after 7 weeks in S3. On pure stats I'm probably well outside the top 60, but I'm hoping some smart booster usage will get me as high as the top 45 right away. Not gonna buy 'em, but I've got a sizable stash of rares to be combined with an occasional epic for trickier opponents. (Plus patience to wait for other players' boosters to wear off...) Depending on whether or not I'm doing some GP this week I might not even need that much boosting...I've still got one epic equipment and two very old legendary ones which could easily and profitably be replaced by rainbows now.

Anyway, 103 players where I'm the 6th-lowest.

• Like 4

I have posted it too in the thread about league brackets, but i couldn't help posting here too. It is not all days you get a 1st place so early in the top league.

After the last two weeks in D2 were I got 2 consecutive 7th places instead of a 4th or better, partly because of a bad strategy and partly due to a bit of bad luck, this week I hit the correct strategy and I have assured first place.

Not bad for a F2P player.

image.png.760e12f08cddbaf00ef0d9fc2c52712a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

@DHarry Yes, but it is a risk too, in the first hours many people is max boosted and you can have an unexpected loss. I was lucky this time in that my bracket haven't many of the top players and the ones it had were beatable.

I didnt say it was easy pickings for whoever goes for it. But if you blink 3 times after 5.10 in the morning, someone will have managed 😋 Some may have failed of course. 

But as always there are exceptions of course. You are right. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, jelom said:

I have posted it too in the thread about league brackets, but i couldn't help posting here too. It is not all days you get a 1st place so early in the top league.

After the last two weeks in D2 were I got 2 consecutive 7th places instead of a 4th or better, partly because of a bad strategy and partly due to a bit of bad luck, this week I hit the correct strategy and I have assured first place.

Not bad for a F2P player.

image.png.760e12f08cddbaf00ef0d9fc2c52712a.png

Surely you could have done it in less than 8 minutes, slacker,🤣.

• Haha 2