How you doing in the "League"

casey

I am doing a lot better in my 1st contested D3 than I thought I would. I am sitting 35th but I am out of beatable opponents unless I move from green to orange boost. I made it into Monday with only 2 silly losses and I am still picking up some wins today. With this new system a close loss is worth more than a crushing loss so I will stay green and look for openings. I also have a bit of a cushion because I had to miss about 1 refill worth of tokens so if I am close to a boundary I can do a refill for 200 kobans and pick up 150 pts worth of losses.

This is a lot more fun than constantly trying to decide if I can afford to take a win in D2.

3 hours ago, casey said:

@jelom  i see your currently in 4th place in our league can you hold on? good luck with that

Thanks! I hope so! I could even aim for first place ... if ChocoBN or other constantly boosted player don't make over 6700 ;)

good luck to you too, you have top 15 at hand.

29 minutes ago, jelom said:

Thanks! I hope so! I could even aim for first place ... if ChocoBN or other constantly boosted player don't make over 6700 ;)

good luck to you too, you have top 15 at hand.

ChocoBN was not boosted for about 3-4 hours today. going by a 24 hour clock his boosters will be expired about 1:00 pm Toronto Canada time tomorrow

i waited to use my good boosters until now.............i should of boosted 5 hours ago and crushed him :D

@snowman22 if you want to try for top 15 in D3 (currently there isn't any promotion) you got to use those gold boosters.......forget purples they are useless

unless your near level 400 all the time...........which means you need to spend some kobans in the market ............remember the old saying you need to spend 

kobans to make kobans

1 hour ago, casey said:

ChocoBN was not boosted for about 3-4 hours today. going by a 24 hour clock his boosters will be expired about 1:00 pm Toronto Canada time tomorrow

i waited to use my good boosters until now.............i should of boosted 5 hours ago and crushed him :D

@snowman22 if you want to try for top 15 in D3 (currently there isn't any promotion) you got to use those gold boosters.......forget purples they are useless

unless your near level 400 all the time...........which means you need to spend some kobans in the market ............remember the old saying you need to spend 

kobans to make kobans

For the last month I have been unable to play much (I was in the nasty European timezone) so I delayed trying out D3 until now. I am only L 353 so I doubt I can do top 15 in D3 even with gold boosters. I was gold boosted for the 1st 16 or so hours (left over from my push to get 3rd in D2) and there are a lot of people way ahead of me. I am just using the green because they are worth nothing to sell and they get me some extra points.

Greens aren't going to do you much good in D3. Even if it helps you to beat the weaker players, it will not give you enough points for those wins. I pick up 8 or 9 points at the bottom of the league. That starts to add up towards the end. 

I took it easy this week, looking for the opportune time to fight the strongest players. Later I'll catch up as I always do all my fights. A win is probably out of reach with the likes of @[CNO] BananaJoyin the mix. But if I play my cards right, top 4 is the goal. 

• Like 2

Looks like I can solidly stay in D2.

I normally like to avoid using boosters for most of the week, especially when moving up or down to a new tier, so I can figure out where I stand, and use them if I see a chance to make a solid push for a tier I didn't think I could reach. I'm boosting now trying to insure a top-45 finish, with an outside chance at reaching 30th.

Thanks to the stinkin' 502 errors earlier and the fact that I was too busy to sit around and wait for it to pass, I was late by about an hour and a half. 😑 So I didn't take the traditional screenshot. All salt aside though, I placed 18th in yet another strange week where the players only shot up towards the end of the week... hmm, new strat perhaps? Either way, I'll see how I hold up with this setback. 👊🧐

I managed to stay in top 45 by farming losses, so I'm glad I can stick here - at least for now. Got koban/money rewards that are basically the same as intentionally dropping a tier and then promoting back up in spots 5-15, which is basically what I am capable of doing, so sandbagging wouldn't help me, even if I wanted to do that.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, DvDivXXX said:

It looks like Tier 2 of S1 will be my comfort zone for a while, which is fine by me. I'm in no rush to be promoted and then crushed back down the following week with almost no rewards. I'd rather reach higher leagues when I'm strong enough to compete in them.

Well... I took my 4 best boosters at once to go for multiple Champions on the same day (which worked well), and as a side effect, I won a ton of fights in my League that I would have lost otherwise:

1556791124_HHLeagueStory02.png.6b7cae87d569c561bdccf610afde5069.png

So I'm in S2 now. I'm literally the lowest level player in my new League (and only one other player is also below level 100), so it's probably not going to be a walk in the park for me. On the bright side, if I can end up at Rank 60 or better, I'll still have decent enough rewards. We'll see.

• Like 1

Well, after a month or so ranking between 46th - 60th in D2, now I've ranked between 31st - 45th for a couple of weeks, just using a few low level boosters, and not even for the whole week, so I guess I'll comfortably stay there for quite a time; no need to hurry, as the rewards are good enough for me right now ;)

As I often say, good luck to everyone :)

My 1st week in D3 where I was NOT trying for demotion went better than I hoped.

Travel and EDT had caused me to miss 25 tokens and despite this (and being about 70th by level) I was sitting low 40s. Having escaped EDT (European Death Timezone) I was able to be awake at reset.

Wins had been impossible for a while so I used all but by last free token in the last 20 mins to get as many points as possible. 41st, well clear of 46th. Great, 31-45 was what I had hoped for.

Then I used my last free token to fight the strongest player. 8 pts. Hmmm.

(30th_pts - 41_pts) / 25 told me I needed 6.6 pts per loss to pass 30th. If 30th did not move.

I spent about 300 kobans and started taking my losses. I ended up 30th by 45 points. The net koban gain was only about 200. The real victory was 15-30 in D3! Happy snowman22.

B|

B|

B|

• Like 3

This morning at 4:30 I almost had a heart attack because I thought I would end up back in Dicktator III's hell. Due to a lack of sleep I got distracted and with my last available token I finished in 15th place (despite the four tokens I lost during the week), because I didn't notice that the players between 16th and 21st Place, unlike what happened during the week, laid in the span of only 6-7 points. Fortunately, at the time of collecting the rewards, three other players had passed me, leaving me in my final 18th place.

My new league, despite the many players with higher level than me, up to now seems surprisingly easier than last weeks. It seems that the "time of forgetting the walk in the Land of Boosters" came back for many players. I am at 10th place while writing this, so if thing does not change I will have to slow down to avoid promotion.

15 hours ago, casey said:

Congrats to @jelomfor winning our D3 league , i'm finishing 6th

I was first some hours before the end when I finished my battles, but unfortunately, someone made a final rush and took the first place. It had to be xxxvvdxxx or ChocoBN. A pity because that was the first week I really tried to win using many boosters. The second place was worth the boosters expenditure, but it leave me with a bad taste, because I did quite well this time with 6733 points.😭

image.png.2e477f0a7bf88760cad4967651b99898.png

image.png.2b03763a7ab174b6916719e8f9c7c644.png

34 minutes ago, jelom said:

I was first some hours before the end when I finished my battles, but unfortunately, someone made a final rush and took the first place. It had to be xxxvvdxxx or ChocoBN. A pity because that was the first week I really tried to win using many boosters. The second place was worth the boosters expenditure, but it leave me with a bad taste, because I did quite well this time with 6733 points.😭

image.png.2b03763a7ab174b6916719e8f9c7c644.png

Wow, talk about being snake-bit..........i thought finishing 5th was bad, but 2nd is worse:(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Depends on how you finish second. This way is definitely worse than finishing 2nd without ever being able to get 1st.

i think the worst is tying for first with a perfect score under the old scoring system and then being placed 2nd because you

didn't finish as fast as your opponent

17 minutes ago, casey said:

i think the worst is tying for first with a perfect score under the old scoring system and then being placed 2nd because you

That was awful, but inevitable for me 😂 I probably could put it besides me easier because I slept when the others finished it.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:03 AM, casey said:

Or tying for perfect score but finishing 5th. 😥

I messed up last week. Well me and my internet both. Couldn't get on an hour before the deadline. China does that sometimes. But then I forgot about it and didn't do nearly all my fights. This week, I'm slow again. Seems the game has lost some priority in my mind as I forget to play more and more often. 🙄

As long as I finish top 15 at least it's ok I guess. But these groups I was in had potential. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, DvDivXXX said:

So I'm in S2 now. I'm literally the lowest level player in my new League (and only one other player is also below level 100), so it's probably not going to be a walk in the park for me. On the bright side, if I can end up at Rank 60 or better, I'll still have decent enough rewards. We'll see.

I might have underestimated how bad this would be for me. I'm currently 72nd in my league, which means I'm neither low enough to demote back to S1, nor high enough to get decent-ish rewards. I'm not at all okay with getting 36 kobans and 196K ymens and staying in this league I don't belong to. The problem is, it might be too late for me to realize that. I lose almost all of my fights, even with good boosters, but that still gives me just enough points to stay out of range of demotion (but nowhere near enough to reach the higher tier).

Should I just stop doing my fights for the next 3 days, even if it means sitting on a good deal of daily xp, and hope that 15 guys or so win enough points to pass me by so I can demote? Or should I buckle up, keep doing the best I can, and hope that I end up 12 ranks higher? Tough call. No fun either way.