Leagues balance discussion

Noacc

When i read it at first i thought it was a great idea but as i analyze it better its pretty much the same the only thing good about it is the league rewards becoming 1 week,why is that? Twice energy,half the recharge time seems promising at first but half the experience so it is still pretty much the same on what you get on this present league but kobans recharge i think should be also in half and also the good thing about it are high level players would benefit from it cause more energy more players to defeat but for low levels limited so the conclusion low level has a low chance in getting a rank up in the league. To prevent from this i hope a fair bracketing.

3 hours ago, ThisIsMyFault said:

I had some ideas on that: If you want to "balance" anything, then do that on the guys in the bracket. I don't really understand how someone with less fighting power than I can have way more point (like 100+ more). And that's not just because of my inactivity or something. I already have around 200 points. You should have different strenght-levels divided into thei own "league competition".

Also I already forgot how I can get from Wanker 1 to Wanker 2. There should be at least some small leak in the game how I can achieve Wanker 2 and so on. Also for new players that don't read all patch notes and stuff.

In a few weeks the leagues will be more fair, as the stronger players have advanced several times, so except for inactive players, you're more likely to find an appropriate 'challenge' in your league.

I do agree with that information about promoting needs to be in game. For reference, it's the first 15 players that get promoted (and last 15 who get demoted, except in Wanker 1 for obvious reasons).

• Thanks 1

I voted for option 2.

The first season is already in full swing and with the limited bar cap and refill time, it harms the ability of those who play but also have full jobs and need to have full sleep for those jobs to have a chance to earn enough points to rank.

The league brackets need to be smaller in size. Assigning a set size to them would also offer more balance as everyone would be fighting against the same number of opponents with the same amount of points with the same refresh rate (Kobans not withstanding).

I'd also drop the Koban refresh rate. If you want things to be fair.

(Of course, if you really wanted to use this as a way to generate Koban use, you could make it: Recharge the Bar Once A Day and any refills during that day cost Kobans.)

I agree with others that the bar fill time should be focused towards an 8-10 hour window instead of 5.

The trouble with high experience in the leagues while cutting the Daily rewards is that those who choose not to participate in the leagues lose out on XP. If they have no desire to challenge others but want to level themselves, they become forced to participate in a part of the game that is unappealing to them.  What might work better is restoring the Dayly XP rewards and greatly reducing the xp awards in the leagues. This way, those who choose to participate gain some reward for their interaction, while those that do not participate are not penalized.

And if we're doing other suggestions, you should add in the Affection and XP rewards for the girls just as in the regular arena. After all, what's the difference between what they do in the arena and what they do in the leagues? This may even work as an incentive for others to participate as it would apply another source of affection and xp for their Harems.

I will do a small change in my previous thoughts of the changes in the league.

Reducing the challenge time from 60 minutes to 30 minutes is a small improvement. Before that, you could lose challenge points if you were offline for a bit more of 4 hours, depending of the exact time of the recharge, now this limit is up 30 minutes so you can be sure you won't lose points if you are offline less than 4 hours and 30 minutes, so it is a 12,5% improvement, but still insufficient of course.

Option 1 - I appreciate the ability to give some feedback, but that was too clean cut. Other feedback:

As per the majority, the max refill time should be increased from 5 hours, since currently this can only encourage unhealthy habits for your users.  My recommendation is 10 hours.

The xp gained per league battle win (or even a loss according to a post above) is **far** too high..

Edited by jamanga
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

My opinions as a player, I think most of these changes are quite good. 1 week durations will be rather appreciated, and the change in schedule means it doesn't reset at the same time as ToF, allowing more variety in options.
I personally don't understand the logic of increasing the league sizes (as this wasn't explained) and this means the minimum league size is now more than the number of challenges we could issue without recharging.
I would also prefer to have a longer maximum recharge time than 5 hours, but I understand this isn't something changing.

Now to respond to a few other players

To my understanding, the point of leagues is so you can see how you rate overall in the server. There is already arena and contests for you to compete against other players in a similar level range, so they decided to add some features which work outside of it. In a few weeks, all of the very strong players will be several leagues ahead, and then you'll be able to advance to higher leagues.

This would make leagues an end game only option, as they do not want people to have to choose between advancing the story or participating in another feature. Had you thought of that when you made this suggestion? It also gets awkward whenever a new scroll is released. In my opinion as a player, I do not think this would be a good option.

They are pushing the leagues as the only end game option. When you have reached the end of the current scroll(roughly takes 3 days) your energy is useless for more than a month. Moreover they have reduced the exp quests provide and gave it to league wins. So if you don't participate wheter you like it or not you are losing exp = staying behind in number of contests. So the leagues became mandatory.

Also i don't tsee what's the issue of converting energy to league combativity. You are not losing anything by it, just gaining the ability to make your energy useful when you have nothing to do with it.  Either ways the leagues as how they are now are plainly dumb and i don't see how they can be fixed unless the overall pvp mechanics are changed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelom said:

I will do a small change in my previous thoughts of the changes in the league.

Reducing the challenge time from 60 minutes to 30 minutes is a small improvement. Before that, you could lose challenge points if you were offline for a bit more of 4 hours, depending of the exact time of the recharge, now this limit is up 30 minutes so you can be sure you won't lose points if you are offline less than 4 hours and 30 minutes, so it is a 12,5% improvement, but still insufficient of course.

That's more than counteracted by the fact that players will now miss twice as many points when they do go offline for more than 4 hours 30, so it's not an improvement at all except for a tiny percentage of players.

3 hours ago, TeeJay said:

The league brackets need to be smaller in size. Assigning a set size to them would also offer more balance as everyone would be fighting against the same number of opponents with the same amount of points with the same refresh rate (Kobans not withstanding).

The leagues have a set size. It's 100 (for now). Anything beyond 100 up to 199 is simply a provision to accommodate left-over players after all multiples of 100 have been assigned. Same with the intended change to brackets of 120 to 239 players.

3 hours ago, TeeJay said:

The trouble with high experience in the leagues while cutting the Daily rewards is that those who choose not to participate in the leagues lose out on XP. If they have no desire to challenge others but want to level themselves, they become forced to participate in a part of the game that is unappealing to them.

What about players who have no desire to babysit the mission screen for 90 minutes every day but want to level themselves? They've been "forced to participate" in that all along. What makes PvP-dislikers more important than mission-dislikers?

So, "I like game mechanic X better than Y" is no argument for anything. Kinkoid have clearly made the conscious decision that they want to have both missions and PvP as significant sources of XP in the future, so that part just isn't going change back. Trying to convince them otherwise is unlikely to be fruitful, even moreso because the missions aren't earning them any money.

(Just for the record, I was perfectly fine with the missions as they were, so I'm not arguing my personal preferences here.)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kirigakure said:

These changes overall stink. Moving to 1 week is nice for more frequent rewards, however you increased the group size and didn't change the time it takes to reach a full bar, despite changing the refill time and the max amount of points (still 5 hours to reach a full bar). People have lives and this is a game. You can't healthily revolve a sleep schedule and work schedule around a game. Only hardcore players will attempt such and trying to force it will only cost you players in the long-run.

Making the minimum group size bigger while keeping the already short max bar refill timer only makes it so you can fight less people in your group and more likely to lose in a season unless you spend Kobans to do refills, even if you adjust your daily schedule to never miss a single point. This seems deliberately done to encourage spending and form a p2w mindset in what is supposed to be a fun competition. It's instantly become less about competing against other players and more about who can pay the most money to buy their win. This frankly comes off as sleazy in a way I've only seen in some of the worst of Japanese gachas.

With the changes occurring regardless of proposed option and both options only being in regards to when these changes take effect, both options are simply terrible and we're picking between the lesser of two evils here.

I'd also like to add how wonderful it is that you posted a notification about this in-game for Harem/Hentai Heroes only, ignoring to do such for your other but similar game GayHarem which would be affected as well by this, effectively making it seem like you don't care about those players opinions (or rather their game).

We posted in Hentai Heroes, there was no in-game notification for Harem Heroes. We did the survey mostly for our bigger community.

57 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

What about players who have no desire to babysit the mission screen for 90 minutes every day but want to level themselves? They've been "forced to participate" in that all along. What makes PvP-dislikers more important than mission-dislikers?

Well... because I'm right, of course.... Naw, I'm just joking there.

But, to answer your question, the daily mission has existed since I started playing. It was built as a means of extra gain for the game and the missions themselves ties the activities of those missions into the story structure of the game. What you do in the missions relates to what you have done in the quests.

In contrast, the league is a new addition to the game setting. It functions like the Arena but is isolated from the rest of the game world and game motif. It has no real grounding in the world cannon or the quest-story lines.  Further, the introduction of the league and its reward system imposes penalties upon the already existing establishment of daily missions just to maintain balance in xp advancement. That, in itself, shows evidence that the league is not a harmonious expansion of the already existing game-verse and, instead, is more like an extra limb that has been grafted upon the body of the game, whereby it sucks on the lifeblood of that body to maintain itself.

57 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Kinkoid have clearly made the conscious decision that they want to have both missions and PvP as significant sources of XP in the future, so that part just isn't going change back.

PvP has already existed in the game. Again, I reference the Arena. That is PvP and it has existed since, well, at least when I started playing. No where in my post did I say I dislike PvP. I spoke specifically about the league. Your statement that I am advocating against the PvP of the game is baseless and inflammatory.

What I am saying is that there is a great difference between the PvP of the Arena, where the rewards are nice but not entirely necessary for advancement and, therefore, avoidable for those who don't want to deal with it, and the system of the League.

The Arena is also simple in its set up and, until recently, was fairly balanced in opponents level range. The League, on the other hand, can inflict undue stress or worry on a player who has just come to this game to sit back and enjoy naked chicks having hot hentai sex set against the backdrop of a humorous, risque story while operating under the thin veil of it being a 'game' because it has stats and levels.

And the reason people will worry about gaining xp is that most people have an instinctual drive for achievement. They want to get those xp, they want to level up, that want to gain that next bit of improvement for themselves. And, they want it fast and now. The more complex you make that process, the more it slows things down. A new feature, that takes away from that simplistic speed, that requires you to dive into that new thing in order to keep moving at a fast pace, complicates the simple pleasure-reward system of a game like this.

And to add on a smart-ass comment as well... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think there were many people who joined this game and wet "Darn, having to deal with these 90 minutes of daily quest is a detrimental imposition to my time and fun in this game. I certainly hope they come up with a complex, giant League system that will take up more of my time and attention while satisfying my innate desire to crush my fellow players and allowing me to ignore that pesky daily reward system."

To summarize:

I did not advocate against PvP

I did advocate against the Xp reward system of the League detracting from the established reward system of dailies that were already an established pillar of the game.

I do feel that if the League system's Xp reward continues as a major staple of advancement that it will detract from the fun and/or frustrate players who do not wish to go through all the pain and annoyance of hunting through what is proposed to be up to 200+ players in order to find those xp needed for advancement while also trying to do that within regeneration blocks of time.

I also feel that the game should not lose its simplicity of play, nor its casual feel while implementing new features. That does not mean they shouldn't implement new features (I had to note this as, you know, somebody would jump upon that statement and cry out that I'm against new features). I also feel that new features, while enhancing the enjoyment of the game, should not lessen or degrade already functioning features of the game just to make room for it (which lowering xp rewards of the dailies in order to balance out the xp rewards of the league does do).

I hope I have clarified my views on this.

Edited by TeeJay

20 hours ago, Noacc said:

Greetings, everyone!

As you’ve read the news ingame we are making some improvements to the Leagues.

We would like to hear from you if you have any ideas, feedback and advice and regarding the upcoming balance changes.

A quick reminder of the improvements we are doing so far.

The number of players in Brackets.

1. The minimum number of players is changed from 100 to 120

Challenges and Recharges:

2. The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 30 minutes per 1 challenge

(Dev. commentary: This will save time and will make the game better)

3. Amount of charges is up from 5 to 10

4. The price per minute for the recharge changes from 0.36 to 0.48 (0.06 to 0.08 in Nutaku Kobans)

Change in Rewards:

5. Experience gained per battle is lowered by 50%

(Dev. commentary: This is a reflection from point 2 of the changes, lowering the minutes by half)

Kobans and Money rewards stay the same.

Seasons:

6. League Season changes from 2 weeks to 1 week, for rewards to occur more frequently.

7. League season start day will be changed from Monday to Thursday;

Season Changes Option 1:

If we shorten Season 1 it will end on Wednesday 27 September and Season 2 will start on Thursday 28 Sept and will last for 7 days as any other season.

- Challenge and Recharge rules better go into effect earlier (Wednesday)

Season Change Option 2:

The other option is not to shorten Season 1. This way we may implement the following scheme - Season 1 ends on Sunday (29 Sept.) Season 2 Starts on Monday 30 Sept, and ends on Wednesday 10 Oct. (which makes it 10 days) Season 3 starts on Thursday (11 October) and is set for 7 days

- In this case, all changes are applied simultaneously with the start of the Second Season.

Please feel free to share your opinion!

1. this is a complete bullshit. just yesterday i lauded you for having a system that even makes the whales have to fight hard and not being able to purchase wins. and 1 or 2 hours later i read about that changes. it was like a big fat punch in my face!!! you didn't explain why this was done and from the player's point of view there is just one explanation: it is obvious that you want to make us players spend (and ultimately buy) more kobans.

if you really want to re-earn trust you have to explain this with a reasonable and comprehensible statement that has nothing to do with p2w. but i doubt that is possible.

2.3.5.6. complement each other and are necessary as an overall package. having koban rewards more frequently is a good thing.

4. back in the days every timer (except arena) was set to a refilling cost of 0.36 kobans per minute. so it is the same everywhere. now you break your own reasoning. this should ultimately be kept at 0.36 per minute since making refills more expensive drives the feature even more in the p2w direction!

7. moving to thursday: 🤷‍♂️

on a general note/feedback: remove the option to buy refills completely! and award points for victory according to opponent's level. that would add a tactical aspect that would make it more fun!

Edited by Habi

4 hours ago, _shal_ said:

That's more than counteracted by the fact that players will now miss twice as many points when they do go offline for more than 4 hours 30, so it's not an improvement at all except for a tiny percentage of players. 

Yes i coincide with you that layers will miss more challenges when they are offline more thant 4:30, but in some occasions you are just in the limit of that time. Well, then i change my evaluation to very small improvement. The real thing is they should have increased the maximum recharge time at least one or two hours.

• Community Manager

Hello, all!

First, we want to thank you for sharing your feedback, advice and concerns.

We would like to emphasize the fact that our idea is to increase the amount of rewards while the overall number of fights stays the same.

Regarding the experience change, it is done to balance of the game in order to take into account new players as well. This way new player which are joining the game will not be crushed down by the big level gap that the Leagues may create.  

The League is not mandatory - people may still continue playing the story and level up the girls. The main focus of the League is to entertain and reward players that participate in them.

Guys, please, take into account that the purpose of our survey is to hear from you how we could implement the changes, not which changes need to be done. More improvements might come later.

Mika and I have read of your all your posts with a lot of interest and we are happy that we received so much feedback from you! We’ve reported back to the rest of the team about your posts. 

Thank you for the feedback you’ve given so far. Further feedback is welcome as well! 

We would like to hear from you if you have any ideas, feedback and advice and regarding the upcoming balance changes.

Oh boy... Where to start? 🤔

The number of players in Brackets. 
1. The minimum number of players is changed from 100 to 120

😣 HORRIBLE IDEA - Under the current functionality it only sticks more people in your bracket that you have no hope of winning against anyway.

Challenges and Recharges: 
2. The recharge time is changed from 60 minutes to 30 minutes per 1 challenge 
    (Dev. commentary: This will save time and will make the game better)

🤔 Not sure how this classifies as "better," who ever thought up the "5 Hour Recharge time frame" in the first place? Make it simple... Time from zero energy to complete refill of ten should be eight hours, more simply; three times a day (check when you get up, check when you're off work, check before you go to bed... EASY)

3. Amount of charges is up from 5 to 10

😀 Actually a good idea to bump the total up... Kudos

4. The price per minute for the recharge changes from 0.36 to 0.48 (0.06 to 0.08 in Nutaku Kobans)

😝 Eliminate purchasing energy refills with kobans. (I'll apologize to the developers and backers now so I don't forget...) The whole assumption that someone will buy kobans with real world money just to win a weekly bracket that makes them LESS kobans than they spent is just silly. Doing it the hard way makes players think, plan and build their teams more carefully. It also gets rid of the whole, "Oh... I see... Free to play, but pay to WIN," mentality that y'all are putting into people's heads and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth; like buying the really cool new game only to discover that everything you need to be competitive is "Credit card required for activation of any/all DLC." (Down-Loadable-Content)

Change in Rewards: 
5. Experience gained per battle is lowered by 50% / Kobans and Money rewards stay the same. 
    (Dev. commentary: This is a reflection from point 2 of the changes, lowering the minutes by half)

🤔 Offsets the recharge change so I get this one...

Seasons: 
6. League Season changes from 2 weeks to 1 week, for rewards to occur more frequently.

😀 Like it...

7. League season start day will be changed from Monday to Thursday;

🤔 Can't figure out why everyone is freaking out over this one... Nearly everyone logs in more than once a week anyway right? Why does it matter what day? Although with the roll out date for changes/updates being Wednesday, why not start the new "season" then...?

Please feel free to share your opinion!  (You asked for it...)

Over all not bad... Not great, needs work, but not bad.
My biggest concern was/is; work on making the brackets a little more even. You can read this as, "Don't throw level 10's against level 200's," it only discourages the lower level players and makes them more apt to stop playing. (That can be read as players thinking, "This is hopeless, screw this crap, I'll spend my money somewhere else.) I brought this up in another forum and got told, "That's what the Arena is for..." Yeah, yeah, yeah, that response aside, playing PVP against someone your own level is more challenging and (in my opinion) more fun.
My secondary concern is that, as someone just posted, "Participation is not mandatory." That is both true and is not true at the same time. No one is holding a pistol to my head and making me click the mouse, but if it is absolutely true that participation in the Leagues is not required, why were the expirence points for daily quests reduced? It was already noted (in another forum) that reducing the amout of expirence points of the daily missions was to offset what would be gained in the Leagues, so to accumulate what had been a player's previously normal daily allowance of expirence points, they are required to participate in the Leagues or be bypassed by players who go into the Leagues of their own accord.

Sorry it turned into a novel; feel free to give me a thumbs up or tell me that I'm full of sh*t, after all that's what forums should be for. Exchanging information and sharing/discussing opinions.

Take care y'all. 😀

Edited by Kuradur
Can't type for sh*t... LOL
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noacc said:

Hello, all!

First, we want to thank you for sharing your feedback, advice and concerns

your welcome :)

11 minutes ago, Noacc said:

We would like to emphasize the fact that our idea is to increase the amount of rewards while the overall number of fights stays the same.

definitely a nice thing! additionally shorter leagues avoid frustration if a season runs badly. thanks for that! :)

13 minutes ago, Noacc said:

Regarding the experience change, it is done to balance of the game in order to take into account new players as well. This way new player which are joining the game will not be crushed down by the big level gap that the Leagues may create. 

i have to admit, i dont get how...
the minimum size is slightly increased, so there are a few more opponents to choose from...
ok... but overall the lvl distribution will be about the same...
so lets say a lower level player would be able to beat 25% of all opponents on average.
at minimum league size he formerly would have beaten 25 opponents, with the change this will go up to 30 on average,
but these 30 will be worth half their former xp, so like 15 beatable opponents before...
my apologies, but again: i dont see how this should help lower level players...
adding the higher amount of wins of higher level players to this calculation, it will even extend the level gaps...

22 minutes ago, Noacc said:

The League is not mandatory - people may still continue playing the story and level up the girls. The main focus of the League is to entertain and reward players that participate in them.

well obviously there is no invisible force pushing us into the leagues, so yes it is mandatory...
but halving the mission xp and handing out way more xp in league fights compared to arena fights even for a loss,
clearly makes the league to the main xp-source of the game... and players simply like to lvl and improve within the game...
so you might not be forced into it, but you might feel punished not going for it...
especially by getting less xp than before if you decide to ignore the league...

27 minutes ago, Noacc said:

Guys, please, take into account that the purpose of our survey is to hear from you how we could implement the changes, not which changes need to be done. More improvements might come later.

Mika and I have read of your all your posts with a lot of interest and we are happy that we received so much feedback from you! We’ve reported back to the rest of the team about your posts. 

Thank you for the feedback you’ve given so far. Further feedback is welcome as well! 

well i guess the topic title of "league balance discussion" was a bit misleading then...
but i realize that any feedback here is is practically "late" for a prepared patch...
at least you have got a nice amount of feedback already for the improvements that might come later... ;)

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Skiron said:

your welcome :)

definitely a nice thing! additionally shorter leagues avoid frustration if a season runs badly. thanks for that! :)

i have to admit, i dont get how...
the minimum size is slightly increased, so there are a few more opponents to choose from...
ok... but overall the lvl distribution will be about the same...
so lets say a lower level player would be able to beat 25% of all opponents on average.
at minimum league size he formerly would have beaten 25 opponents, with the change this will go up to 30 on average,
but these 30 will be worth half their former xp, so like 15 beatable opponents before...
my apologies, but again: i dont see how this should help lower level players...
adding the higher amount of wins of higher level players to this calculation, it will even extend the level gaps...

well obviously there is no invisible force pushing us into the leagues, so yes it is mandatory...
but halving the mission xp and handing out way more xp in league fights compared to arena fights even for a loss,
clearly makes the league to the main xp-source of the game... and players simply like to lvl and improve within the game...
so you might not be forced into it, but you might feel punished not going for it...
especially by getting less xp than before if you decide to ignore the league...

well i guess the topic title of "league balance discussion" was a bit misleading then...
but i realize that any feedback here is is practically "late" for a prepared patch...
at least you have got a nice amount of feedback already for the improvements that might come later... ;)

Highly doubt it, if they cared for our feedback they would have asked for those changes before setting up the patch.

I went with option one as I think the rewards for league leaders needs to be once a week not every other.

I would also like to comment that since the mission rewards have been reduced and league play has started I have been gaining much more XP, and fewer other resources cash, books, gifts, and kobans.  I am no longer able to maintain my harem at the same level I as before.  This further impacts my cash situation as I try to make up the difference with purchased books and gifts.  In addition I have fewer arena fights / level so swapping out girls in the arena fights does not do as much since I need to keep my primary girls leveled up.

Long story short things seem out of balance...

39 minutes ago, casey said:

I think any player who participates in league play who's character's name starts with the letter "C" should get a weekly 1000 Koban participation award9_9

I was actually thinking the same thing about Players whose character's name begins with "K" but I file that thought right alongside of, "Be nice if the Leagues were bracketed better so level 10's wouldn't be in the same group with level 200's..." 🤣

• Haha 2

More or less fine I guess. I agree with expanding the league bar from 5 to 10, but with the refresh being cut in half it's still the same problem of losing a few points over night.

I for one rarely sleep more than five hours a day (I have to be at work by 5am) and can play from my phone over breaks at work so I can stay on top of it, but I'm a loner weirdo and understand not everyone can do that.

Probably should have had some of these discussions when it was still on the test sever, but not a big deal. I do like chopping the season down though, the faster we can all move through some seasons the faster the brackets can kind of settle.

Server fix when?

I couldn’t care less about the leagues. They’re pointless and a time sink that takes away from the spirit of pvp when you could’ve overhauled the pvp system -again- to integrate these components into it. For an “idle” game, it has increasingly taken more time to do anything in this site since the changes this past spring when the tinkering began with pvp. The incessant need to manually refresh as we wait for your servers to respond is frustrating. You continue to add new features and events that either add unnecessary complexity or require more time playing. We have lives and keep it simple stupid (k.i.s.s). Much has changed since I started playing over a year ago to include my satisfaction with what’s been implemented. 

Oh! Dear Sweet Lordy Jesus! Can't we all just get along? 🤣

Okay I hope that didn't offend the sh*t out of everybody, but let's face facts... Regardless of whatever actions the developers take, what direction they lead us in throughout the game and whatever improvements they make SOMEBODY will have their panties so bunched up over it that they won't be able to breathe. Even if was randomly giving away Kobans by pulling names out of a hat. ("Look! Look! Look! MY paper with MY name on was 0.000000002 shorter than YOUR paper with YOUR name on it! That's not fair and I should get the prize too!" - Sorry to say but there's people like that.)

Edited by Kuradur
  • Thinking 1