Identifying the Dicktator league brackets

_shal_

6 minutes ago, Habi said:

5 300+ in one group. hell that's some bad luck! 🙄

darn that forum software! you can't properly edit your post anymore on mobile if you add an emoji!!!

what i wanted to add: that new group makes the 1200 player version the most likely. which is a nightmare because next week we will have one 180 player s1 group!

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habi said:

darn that forum software! you can't properly edit your post anymore on mobile if you add an emoji!!!

what i wanted to add: that new group makes the 1200 player version the most likely. which is a nightmare because next week we will have one 180 player s1 group!

At this point, I'm doubtful I'll make it to Sexpert 1 by the end of the Season lol. 😨

Opening post updated with today's new data - many thanks, everyone.

Unless there are several other lucky brackets to balance out that 5x 300+ monster, it does look like there are just 12 sections after all...

Edit: That also likely means that Sexpert1 will need to run 3 times before Sexpert2 can be created.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

Oh my... Tell me there are at least 3 leagues missing...
Interesting info though. So the worst case scenario will already happen next week with one league with more than 160 participants. Brace yourself, koban's feast is coming.
Not that I have hope to win something (I'm prepared to be crushed). But it will clearly be a whale's competition as I feared even before the beginning of the leagues.
And even worse: what to do? Eat pop corn while they are fighting throwing kobans at each other's faces and, at the same time, watch them get ahead in experience.
Or in the hope of remaining competitive, say goodbye to my (low) stack of kobans and do the same to at least not being too much left out in the long term run...

Hopefully, this scenario will not occur every week. But still... it's tearing me apart for too much reasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevinlafouine said:

Oh my... Tell me there are at least 3 leagues missing...
Interesting info though. So the worst case scenario will already happen next week with one league with more than 160 participants. Brace yourself, koban's feast is coming.
Not that I have hope to win something (I'm prepared to be crushed). But it will clearly be a whale's competition as I feared even before the beginning of the leagues.
And even worse: what to do? Eat pop corn while they are fighting throwing kobans at each other's faces and, at the same time, watch them get ahead in experience.
Or in the hope of remaining competitive, say goodbye to my (low) stack of kobans and do the same to at least not being too much left out in the long term run...

Hopefully, this scenario will not occur every week. But still... it's tearing me apart for too much reasons.

That means they will level up faster so that you get more experience when you beat them even in wanker 1 a lot of people were posting low-level players wasting their free kobans but in the end, the stronger players catch up if they lose to you.

I have a lot of people using kobans that could never beat me just so that they can win experience contests and besides the whales are mostly saving up their kobans for the events this month so it should mainly only be a real problem next month when we have fewer events because we have two revival events and then one new 3 day event.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Not obsolete, "successfully completed". B| Anyone up for the same thing in a week or two when it's time to project the creation of Sexpert 2?

Sure thing. I'd be happy to contribute but getting to Sexpert 2 will be tricky, especially given how strong the competition will be, even after the highest level players have moved on. 😅

On 10/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, _shal_ said:

Not obsolete, "successfully completed". B| Anyone up for the same thing in a week or two when it's time to project the creation of Sexpert 2?

Calling it now, in the league starting November 1st (or October 31st depending on your time zone), the first Sexpert 2 league will have about 165 players. Let's say 160-170 just to allow some margin of error. Actually that's dumb, since those wouldn't be a multiple of 15. So exactly 165.

Edited by Urist

14 hours ago, Urist said:

Calling it now, in the league starting November 1st (or October 31st depending on your time zone), the first Sexpert 2 league will have about 165 players. Let's say 160-170 just to allow some margin of error. Actually that's dumb, since those wouldn't be a multiple of 15. So exactly 165.

Yup, that would have been the expectation. 5 Sexpert 1 leagues next week (from Oct 18th) , 11 of them the week after, followed by 165 players in Sexpert 2 in the week you mention. However, it appears that the demotion algorithm has either been buggy or simply inoperative, so there are likely more players in higher divisions than anticipated. Could mean we'll already have 6 or even 7 Sexpert 1's next week now. If 7, then Sexpert 2 will start a week earlier.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, _shal_ said:

it is obsolete. as explained here: 

we can now predict everything pretty accurate. but yes it was very successful in enabling us to put in the correct numbers into the spreadsheet.

Edited by Habi

5 hours ago, Habi said:

it is obsolete. as explained here: (...)

we can now predict everything pretty accurate. but yes it was very successful in enabling us to put in the correct numbers into the spreadsheet.

You're putting an awful lot of trust in the continued accuracy of those projected numbers, especially considering we already know one big reason that they're no longer accurate: The influx of newly activated higher-level players at the end of the first season, when all W1 leagues suddenly swelled to 114 players or so. That alone might account for as many as ~200 additional W3 players right now, which could mean another 30 S1 players next week.

Edited by _shal_

On 10/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

It is and isn't obsolete. We'd need to identify if there are 5 or 6 s1 brackets next week to know if demotion is working.

not really. it is obvious from the group size if there are 5 or 6 groups. we can use it however to verify things. but that only works if we really manage to identify all s1 groups.

22 hours ago, _shal_ said:

You're putting an awful lot of trust in the continued accuracy of those projected numbers, especially considering we already know one big reason that they're no longer accurate: The influx of newly activated higher-level players at the end of the first season, when all W1 leagues suddenly swelled to 114 players or so. That alone might account for as many as ~200 additional W3 players right now, which could mean another 30 S1 players next week.

good point. didn't think of those being an issue because they only start to affect things when progression to higher tiers stalls. and with s1 we have the first stall. so i just increased the w1 number for the second season by a constant 5000 in the spreadsheet. it increases the total number of s2 players in the next season by 15 (both with and without demotions). that would result in group sizes of 107/108 (no demotion) and 117 vs 105 (no demotion) and 114. that still keeps the detectability whether demotions are working/enabled. i doubt it is such a high number but i'm exited to see the actual groups next season. (if it would be 10000 we'd have 30 more people or 6 groups even with demotions working.)

knowing that and having an explanation for group sizes other than the predicted ones is a good thing. and with the actual group sizes next season i can do some basic prediction how many players join the leagues (assuming it's about the same every week).

i hope it makes sense to you what i wrote here. i edited it so many times...

Edited by Habi

so my group has 107 people. i guess we have 3 groups with 108 people and 3 groups with 107 people for a total of 645 players. so demotions still didn't happen and we had somewhere between 5000-9000 additional players reaching lvl20+ for second season.

more info from other players of their s1 group to verify data would be appreciated. can't provide screen rn, but i'm in a group with pad, maxfart, doggies and syncma most notably.

Edited by Habi

ok so we have 3x107 and 2x108 so far. one 108 group has yet to be discovered.

(i know from @Ninonator on the discord that he is in a 108 player's group aswell but i don't know if it's the missing or one of those 2 already mentioned)

my spreadsheet says about 2000-6000 players joined during the first season. i'll stick with the average, so i put in 4000.

Edited by Habi

this is my sexpert 1 group

108 players, top level PrincessLynx 316, an some other well known people in this forum like Natstar and BananaJoy.

There are 10 people stronger than me, but 5 of them I can beat with a bit of luck and the attacker advantage, so I suppose I will be able to rank in the top 15 unless kobaners start to spend again.

image.png.3f1a5fd2810fff5902b8276654588686.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jelom said:

this is my sexpert 1 group

108 players, top level PrincessLynx 316, an some other well known people in this forum like Natstar and BananaJoy.

There are 10 people stronger than me, but 5 of them I can beat with a bit of luck and the attacker advantage, so I suppose I will be able to rank in the top 15 unless kobaners start to spend again.

I guess I'm going to need to try harder to get some recognition,  I'm in this league also and I'm the one who started the popular subject thread "How are you doing in the "League" .

By the way I'm one of those players that has a stronger team than you .:P 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• _shal_ changed the title to Identifying the Sexpert 2 & 3 and Dicktator 1 brackets in league season 15 (27th December-03rd January)