Patch Notes 12/12/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

My disappointment is immense with this update since they added more rng based stuff gambling without explaining the % chance or even explaining much how the event pachinco works. and till they don't, i'm assuming you have a 0.0000001% chance for an event girl and rest are the legendary items with probably stats that make them useless. i can't wait for my legendary accuracy shirt for my shagger based main player pls.

edit- No. i'm sorry but i have to say this... why are you guys actively trying to ruin the game. i've benn with the game and initially found it to be more fair than other games out there. was very happy when noticed that the trickle economy of kobans happened cos *insert old man voice* back in my days the game only gave you very little amounts of kobans during events *end old man voice* but now features are being implemented to quickly drain the said koban so as to make people buy kobans as they feel withdrawal... why is this necessary? i always assumed that the events girls were supposed to be cherry on top as you could get them kinda easily before but it seems to be getting kinda difficult sometimes now, though that could just be me... maybe.. i will be honest, yeah the story of this game was kinda loosely ripped from other animes but the newer stuff has been genuinely good... i loved the latest story. yeah it's literary ripped from bleach but i feel it's better done, yet i somehow find the few new stuff kinda ruining it for me... i don't know... maybe it's just me... maybe others here feel the same... if devs read this, don't make getting event girls harder. have confidence in your game's story... i was here for the girls but stayed for the story, i'm sure others are too. but the harder it gets to get the girls, the harder it is to stay for the story. i hope you remember your game is not a dark soul like game but a linear visual novel like game.

Edited by johntrine
  • Like 11

I had awaited the avaliability of an Event pachinko from the moment I started actively playing the game more than a year ago. And when finally the devs decide to implement it in the game, they do it in the only way i always feared they would: without a guaranteed girl drop. It doesn't matter that the cost is one third of the normal epic pachinko x10: i would have gladly spent double of that amount for the certainty of a girl drop, and this not counting that the 1800 kobans are for a single spin, thus giving only one thing. In other words this means that one has to spend more than three single Epic Pachinko spins to probably obtain something he would get with one spin in the Epic Pachinko. Moreover, this also means that, posed that things will not change in the future, even when (in an unspecified time in the future) the game development will end, free players will have to take much more time than paying players (probably in the order of years) to obtain all girls from the Event Pachinko.

As for the experience increases and the game quality improved, we will need to evaluate the increases and hope that the effective application of the patch does not give place to people complaining for bugs at 5:02 in the morning, as it happened in the past. I fervently pray that at least this part of the patch will deserve the appellative "acceptable".

• Like 4

Dear Kinkoid, this will be the WORST update ever. Seriously, this can be a good reason to quit the game. Please reconsider.

Event pachinko girls MUST remain in the epic pachinko. This new Event pachinko must be just an option for those who really want a specific event girl.
And also the price is too high. If there will be the same EP drop chance (~10%) an event pachinko girl will cost 18000 kobans on average.

• Like 5

I've parsed this out several ways, and done the math different each time trying to figure out exactly how Event Pachinko will work, and I think all the scenarios I can come up with come to the same conclusion: I won't do even one single spin of Event Pachinko until I have every girl who is available in Epic Pachinko.

If they made it so I could have a reasonable chance of getting a girl for a few bucks, I would be POURING money into this game. But instead they make girls more and more expensive, and that stops me from spending another cent. Seriously, if I buy gold, convert it straight to kobans, and then spin 10x Epic Pachinko, we're talking, what? Over $30 US for a random girl? Eff. No. But $5 for a random girl? I'd be dropping $20-30 a month on this game without a second thought.

At this rate, the day my monthly card runs out is the last day I play.

Edited by headbanger1066
  • Like 6

Dear Devs, this update is not just the WORST thing you could do to your game, but its also the stupidiest. It's not matematically reasonable to just put an RNG up to more than 3xthe cost it was before for something you don't really need. The event girls are cool because the game is all about collecting girls and for BEING A FREE TO PLAY GAME.  

BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THIS VALUE AT ALL. Fact be true: The Event Girls don't add a shit to your performance in the game, since most of then are weaker than legendary girls, and ou don't find good use of a legendary girl that's not 5 stars.  And the game is still pretty unbalaced on PvP, and no dinamical relations with your harem for anything practical in the game. And instead of working to better your gaming experience to keep player hooked, you go and come with a Gambling shit that EVERY SHIT GAME DOES.  

There is absolutely no reason to invest ridiculous 1800 in ONE SPIN without any garanty of profit. This option is just stupid: You killing the Epic Pachinko, you are Killing the Events itself, and finally, but not lat, you killing the Game. The only reason I play, and pay for the Monthly card, is to try to save Kobans to risk 1x 2 x certain win spins on the pachinko so I could try to win an Event Girl. 

It's killing the game for me, as well as it seens to be a K.O. for most people commenting this. If you really value your player. You would reconsider this ASAP

Edited by Fern109
  • Like 7

Why do devs do this? They continuously take players suggestions, and implement them into twisted versions of what players wanted, and get lots of backlash for it. I don't spend money on chances, so guess rip pachinko exclusive girls for me, I haven't been getting any pachinko only event girls anyways.  Maybe this looks harsher than it actually is and when a few people pull from it they'll report good findings, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Having played this game for almost a year now, I have always been impressed by how fair the RNG has been - yes there have been frustrating events, but the game has always been more or less reasonable. You can spend kobans on individual epic pachinko spins if you're getting desperate, or save up and get a guaranteed girl at a much slower pace. All this update really does is take away almost all of the motivation for playing outside of the story, at least for me personally. Assuming epic pachinko drop rates (and that's being generous) you would need upwards of 18000 kobans per event girl, 2-3 event girls per event, several events a month. It strikes me as just a very lazy and obvious cash grab, precisely the sort of thing I have enjoyed the lack of in my time with the game so far (even the legendary girls proved to be not that unreasonable with the revival event)

Edited by xEmwdn
  • Like 6

I thought the game was fine and even resubbed. Then i just saw this new "exciting" event pachinko system without a guarnateed girl option and thought to myself what a nice time to stop the monthly card again. My sole hope was collecting all the damn permanent pachinko girls and someday rolling for an event girl, but it seems it won't happen.  And this was such a nice monday too...

I'm out before i swallow anymore salt from this salt mine. I'm leaving the digging tools, there's a lot more salt left to dig with the incomming pachinko. Just so you know too much salt is bad for your health, just as too much rng is bad for the game. Mark my words!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fern109 said:

Dear Devs, this update is not just the WORST thing you could do to your game, but its also the stupidiest. It's not matematically reasonable to just put an RNG up to more than 3xthe cost it was before for something you don't really need. The event girls are cool because the game is all about collecting girls and for BEING A FREE TO PLAY GAME.  

BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THIS VALUE AT ALL. Fact be true: The Event Girls don't add a shit to your performance in the game, since most of then are weaker than legendary girls, and ou don't find good use of a legendary girl that's not 5 stars.  And the game is still pretty unbalaced on PvP, and no dinamical relations with your harem for anything practical in the game. And instead of working to better your gaming experience to keep player hooked, you go and come with a Gambling shit that EVERY SHIT GAME DOES.  

There is absolutely no reason to invest ridiculous 1800 in ONE SPIN without any garanty of profit. This option is just stupid: You killing the Epic Pachinko, you are Killing the Events itself, and finally, but not lat, you killing the Game. The only reason I play, and pay for the Monthly card, is to try to save Kobans to risk 1x 2 x certain win spins on the pachinko so I could try to win an Event Girl. 

It's killing the game for me, as well as it seens to be a K.O. for most people commenting this. If you really value your player. You would reconsider this ASAP

Shush don't give them bad ideas, before you know it they will add the legendaries in a special legendary pachinko and make the boss droprate nonexisting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, headbanger1066 said:

I've parsed this out several ways, and done the math different each time trying to figure out exactly how Event Pachinko will work, and I think all the scenarios I can come up with come to the same conclusion: I won't do even one single spin of Event Pachinko until I have every girl who is available in Epic Pachinko.

This was my first thought as well - unless I really - absolutely - positively must have an event girl (ie Noella!).  I will not be using Event Pachinko until all regular Pachinko girls are gone...

I'm not sure about it, but did anybody get definite confirmation that a girl is not guaranteed in the 1.800 Kobans Pachinko (or that you only get one item per roll)? Because if a girl is guaranteed... this would be pretty awesome and we'd complain about getting 3 times the value for our money. 😂

Let's see how this turns out in the end. I'd be okay if it doesn't make things worse. From what the Patch Notes state, it could just as well be 5 rewards with a guaranteed girl as it could be one reward and a 10% chance of getting a girl (or anything in between). I'm looking forward to the clarification. Until then let's have fun with the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herby said:

I will not be using Event Pachinko until all regular Pachinko girls are gone...

I don't understand why everyone didn't immediately just make that decision instead of getting all upset. Focus on the guaranteed girl games first, then go for the risky ones. Simple and stress-free. There has yet to be an event girl I wanted so badly that I thought ANY Pachinko was a decent way to get her. Because you can't aim at them, so it really, really isn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ninonator said:

I'm not sure about it, but did anybody get definite confirmation that a girl is not guaranteed in the 1.800 Kobans Pachinko 😂

It wasn't indicated in the Patch Notes, and the graphic they used there gave no sign that anything was guaranteed, or that you could even do a 10x option. Which to me at least implies that neither is implemented now, as those would both be very attractive features, and huge oversights to leave out if they were part of the initial release. Maybe we should wait and see as you suggest. Just saying, if it was me, and those features were included, I'd be bragging about them.

12 minutes ago, Ninonator said:

I'm not sure about it, but did anybody get definite confirmation that a girl is not guaranteed in the 1.800 Kobans Pachinko

dude. did you SEE the IMAGE for the PATCH NOTE! there are FOUR.... FOUR REWARDS visible. ie, the girls aren't the only thing you can get ie gamble to get them with a shit percentage. like seriously. LOOK AT THE IMAGE IN PATCH NOTE!

• Like 2

@johntrine yes the image shows 4 possible rewards (like the patch notes suggest), but we just don't know

• whether we get a single reward per spin or more
  • if the girls are guaranteed drops (in case we get more than one reward per spin)
  • the general drop rates per reward
All those factors can have a huge impact on whether we love the new system or not. If a girl is guaranteed or even if the chance of getting one is 40% or more, I'd be grateful for this.

15 minutes ago, GarfEild said:

Just saying, if it was me, and those features were included, I'd be bragging about them.

That's a good point and indication towards the "worst" case scenario of 1 reward per spin and 10% (or less) chance to get a girl. Although as far as I remember Kinkoid has always been quite unemotional about their patch notes, even when they were adding great stuff like the recent Event summary. Those patch notes seem to be solely informational and therefore I still hope for a great update. Only time will tell...

So it seems to me, before from the same amount of kobans i could pachinko three times, with three chances on a girl, which could be an event girl but would be a new girl anyway, but then i can decide between pachinko once with one chance on an event girl, or pachinko the same three times with the same chances on girls but this time with zero chance it will be an event girl.

Sorry, but this is not an improvement, this is making the game worse. You should not even call this a 'patch', because the word patch implies improvement.

• Like 2

Dear Devs, as you can see the response to this update is overwhelmingly negative. Headbanger1066 brings up a point that I made before. I posted a suggestion thread on this and got little to no feedback but I think it's worth saying again: Kobans/EP Girls are too expensive. If I could get a guaranteed new girl for 5-10$ I'd probably be spending 20$ on this game each month. As it is, I'm buying the monthly card and that's it. I know you rely on wales to make up the majority of your income but i really believe there are enough people out there who feel like me to make an alternative business model viable.

Instead you're now doing the opposite. Unless the chance to get a girl with this new Pachinko Modus is at least 25% rather than the estimated 10% we get with a regular single EP spin, you've just made event girls three times as expensive. Even though I usually prefer event girls to most permanent EP girls, I definitely won't be playing this new mode. So as of right now we really need more information. Will girl drop chances warrant this price increase? Or is this really just another try to implement a long-standing community suggestion in a way that costs the players an insane amount of extra money?

• Like 3

Well, thank you all for ruining my last couple of days as moderator -_-

There is yet to be determined how this event pachinko works.
Kaos let something slip on the discord server:
It is not possible to get more than one girl or more than one profile thing from a spin, but it is possible to get more than one equipment/gift.
That implies to me that you at least get two things for a spin.

As for all the negative doom thinkers and conspiracy theorists out here:
Please wait with that and make it based on actual results.
@DisgustingMarsupial consider this your final warning: your negativity is rather toxic, and I cannot allow that as long as I am still moderator.
Drop the sarcastic tone and all the conspiracy theories.
No, I don't like the look of the event pachinko myself, but that's no reason to start accusing Kinkoid based on your own imagination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 2

9 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Well, thank you all for ruining my last couple of days as moderator -_-

thanks the dev. not us.

9 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

There is yet to be determined how this event pachinko works

i doubt that but still... will give the benefit of doubt.

11 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

It is not possible to get more than one girl or more than one profile thing from a spin

wait. so you can only get one event girl?

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

but it is possible to get more than one equipment/gift.

so.... it's rng based.... ok.... yay rng?

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

That implies to me that you at least get two things for a spin.

ok... i don't get it how 1 spin nets you 2 items...? maybe i'm missing something? i guess that's wait and see...

13 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

As for all the negative doom thinkers and conspiracy theorists out here:
Please wait with that and make it based on actual results.

sooooo.... we wait for the game to become bad and then tell the dev's it's bad... *loud clapping*

18 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

@DisgustingMarsupial consider this your final warning: your negativity is rather toxic, and I cannot allow that as long as I am still moderator.
Drop the sarcastic tone and all the conspiracy theories

why? i looked at his post here on this thread and it's valid. hell i've spend more that 12,000 kobans on pachinco (1x ones. regret that) and got jack all for it... no girls. and 3 legendary items, 2 of which was know-how and charm.... my charachter is shagger. oh the last one was an all in one legendary so... that was useful...? until the pvp's balance went to hell.

18 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

No, I don't like the look of the event pachinko myself, but that's no reason to start accusing Kinkoid based on your own imagination.

you know, you probably should start with that. also, i'm sure they probably don't have ill intent. if they did thn the game would be dipping in quality whereas i believe it's way better than before (most of the time) hell like i posted way back, the latest story while ripped from bleach, feels better done THAN bleach. it's just, they feel like so far away from their fanbase.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, johntrine said:

thanks the dev. not us.

i doubt that but still... will give the benefit of doubt.

wait. so you can only get one event girl?

so.... it's rng based.... ok.... yay rng?

ok... i don't get it how 1 spin nets you 2 items...? maybe i'm missing something? i guess that's wait and see...

sooooo.... we wait for the game to become bad and then tell the dev's it's bad... *loud clapping*

why? i looked at his post here on this thread and it's valid. hell i've spend more that 12,000 kobans on pachinco (1x ones. regret that) and got jack all for it... no girls. and 3 legendary items, 2 of which was know-how and charm.... my charachter is shagger. oh the last one was an all in one legendary so... that was useful...? until the pvp's balance went to hell.

you know, you probably should start with that. also, i'm sure they probably don't have ill intent. if they did thn the game would be dipping in quality whereas i believe it's way better than before (most of the time) hell like i posted way back, the latest story while ripped from bleach, feels better done THAN bleach. it's just, they feel like so far away from their fanbase.

No, I am thanking you guys, because people cannot seem to react in a normal way.
Everybody is immediately sarcastic and salty without knowing further details.
It was like that when I was hired, and it's still like that.
It clearly isn't working, because everything people were rebelling against, are here in the game right now.
If we actually wait for the actual content to be released, then we can judge it for what it is, and not for what we think it is.
People's judgments on first thoughts are often misleading and based on things we already know (like the ~10% in single epic pachinko, which is something people pick based on absolutely nothing).

On the matter of the person I warned: off course you aren't seeing anything bad... I am a moderator, I can hide or delete comments like that. If I feel they are toxic, I'll remove them from sight. I don't need you to tell me what's over the top. (Again an excellent example of how a first thought can be very misleading.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Drop the sarcastic tone and all the conspiracy theories.

All I ask for is transparency from the developers. This is an enormous change to how events work and the acquisition of girls. Instead of a detailed explanation, we're given a brief blurb that tells us absolutely nothing. The kind of surprises players love are events, girls, poses and affection scenes. The kind of surprises players don't like are unexplained radical changes to long established mechanics. 

• Like 7