Patch Notes 12/12/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

I am not currently able to spend anything but time on this game, so my master plan was to grind the Boss girls (One left.), while stockpiling Kobans earned in game to hammer away Epic Pachinko and slowly mine out girls so I could eventually get Epic Pachinko event girls. I knew this was going to be a long haul, and one I was prepared to take, but this change still feels like a slap to the face. I've managed to miss out the finish activities bonus 150 Kobans the last few days cause knowing that I will likely NEVER be able to bring myself to pull the Event Pachinko cause of the lack of guarantee is disheartening. At this point even if I WAS able to spend money, I likely still wouldn't buy Kobans, least not for anything but Epic.

Edited by MSM007
  • Like 2

Ok I did the Event Pachinko and got two of the girls and when I went into my Harem they weren't unlocked. I looked down and there they were still locked like I didn't get them at all. What the hell!!!! Please give me the girls I got from this event because if you don't then I'm quitting the game. I did 2 1800 Kobans and got them with the Legendary equipment included but didn't get the girls. Bernadette Barda and Lieutenant Kayle

Screenshot_2018-12-17-01-09-12-1.png

1 hour ago, TrueHentaiMaster said:

Ok I did the Event Pachinko and got two of the girls and when I went into my Harem they weren't unlocked. I looked down and there they were still locked like I didn't get them at all. What the hell!!!! Please give me the girls I got from this event because if you don't then I'm quitting the game. I did 2 1800 Kobans and got them with the Legendary equipment included but didn't get the girls. Bernadette Barda and Lieutenant Kayle

Unless you saw something like this

210960197_CommanderCattlemanSeducedPTS.thumb.jpg.965700b1f20b7498f154239ad2303eb5.jpg

when you did your Event Pachinko spin what you got were profile avatars like these

158.jpg.19f48d2dadd283417d8ef6eb3467c4a2.jpg161.jpg.f275c9d30672feb44b1bccecb70ed320.jpg

and not the haremettes you thought you got.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrueHentaiMaster said:

Heh, isn't it great to think you got a girl, only to realize you got actually a useless avatar. 

You just got to love this new event pachinko, the greatest addition to this game ever. It's oh so fair and absolutely perfect way to relinquish us of our kobans from collecting dust in our accounts. The devs definitely know what we all want and how it would real "pride and accomplishment" moment, when we luck out in RNG that we have no way to affect.  

And because this is internet and you can never be sure how people take written words, the above is heavy sarcasm. 

And sry for your obvious loss. I know how this feel as I had the same situation with my 2x1800 draws. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Heh, isn't it great to think you got a girl, only to realize you got actually a useless avatar. 

You just got to love this new event pachinko, the greatest addition to this game ever. It's oh so fair and absolutely perfect way to relinquish us of our kobans from collecting dust in our accounts. The devs definitely know what we all want and how it would real "pride and accomplishment" moment, when we luck out in RNG that we have no way to affect.  

And because this is internet and you can never be sure how people take written words, the above is heavy sarcasm. 

And sry for your obvious loss. I know how this feel as I had the same situation with my 2x1800 draws. 

I'm beginning to think they don't get sarcasm, especially since it's text and most of them I think speak English as an extra language.

Man, a lot of anger out there. Its just a game. I really do not see why people are so salty.

At least the new event pachinko gives people who have NOT emptied epic pachinko (thats most players) a shot if a girl they really want shows up in pachinko. Would you rather pay 5,400 for a spin in a 40 girl pool or 8,000 for a "high" probability spin in a 4 girl pool?

As a monthly card or free player you are never going to empty epic pachinko anyway. Six months ago you might have had a shot but Kinkoid has upped the rate they add girls to epic pachinko. All those people saying "as a free player, my master plan is to 'empty epic pachinko and then get every girl as they come out' has been foiled" I can only say: "That trick never works Bullwinkle".

I can not believe to what extent they take us for fools,

it's like watching politicians instead of developers: you have pages in both forums complaining about the new pachinko, you had to say the drop rates to the patreon (as has been said in the forum French) for the amount of complaints (and as always to the rest nothing to say the drop rate) and we get a new patch to see if as always we stop talking about the issue and we forget getting the news that continues the story and 2 new girls for epic pachiunko.

It is a shame that you treat us like any politician would do instead of solving the problem with the community that you have opted for and find solutions, but it is clear which is the goal: to get more money as it is and that people bring

The funny thing is, Chthugha kind of indirectly suggested the ideal solution on the previous page. Keep event girls in epic pachinko AND event pachinko. Those who want to gamble with a chance of nothing in event can do so, those who have made a good dent in the regular pachinko girls can play in epic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Urist said:

The funny thing is, Chthugha kind of indirectly suggested the ideal solution on the previous page. Keep event girls in epic pachinko AND event pachinko. Those who want to gamble with a chance of nothing in event can do so, those who have made a good dent in the regular pachinko girls can play in epic.

tbf: that's the obvious solution everyone proposes. there are plenty other options aswell.

10 hours ago, Tommy55 said:

Unless you saw something like this

210960197_CommanderCattlemanSeducedPTS.thumb.jpg.965700b1f20b7498f154239ad2303eb5.jpg

when you did your Event Pachinko spin what you got were profile avatars like these

158.jpg.19f48d2dadd283417d8ef6eb3467c4a2.jpg161.jpg.f275c9d30672feb44b1bccecb70ed320.jpg

and not the haremettes you thought you got.

I see, you're right because I checked my Profile and saw them. Damn what a damn waste this is for us coming in with this bull cap making some of us think this would probably be a good idea. I even thought that but now that I know it was a bad idea they should do something about this but they won't of course

Edited by TrueHentaiMaster

4 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

I was happy to get the girls but then realized they weren't there and was wondering what happened. I'm glad some people responded. 

You're right I don't like it at all because this Event Pachinko will only make someone happy to get these girls just to realize they didn't get them at all. It's stupid as hell.

Yea you can be sarcastic on the Internet and no one will know. I even did what that fool said and logged out and Logged in again just to see.

I'm glad I didn't do 3 of them at all because it would be a waste even if I did get an Event Girl. We might as well save our Kobans for the Epic Pachinko then, right?

4 hours ago, snowman22 said:

At least the new event pachinko gives people who have NOT emptied epic pachinko (thats most players) a shot if a girl they really want shows up in pachinko. Would you rather pay 5,400 for a spin in a 40 girl pool or 8,000 for a "high" probability spin in a 4 girl pool?

You are forgetting a little yet very important thing: would you rather pay 5,400 for a spin with a guaranteed girl in a 40 girl pool or 1,800 for a "high" probability spin in a 4 girl pool?
I also corrected the kobans value you wrote.

4 hours ago, snowman22 said:

As a monthly card or free player you are never going to empty epic pachinko anyway. Six months ago you might have had a shot but Kinkoid has upped the rate they add girls to epic pachinko. All those people saying "as a free player, my master plan is to 'empty epic pachinko and then get every girl as they come out' has been foiled" I can only say: "That trick never works Bullwinkle".

Not as impossible as you are impliying, thanks to Epic Days events, but yes: it'll be very hard and require dedication and luck.

3 hours ago, Urist said:

I think Habi was the first to propose this in this thread, but I thought the same even before reading Habi's post.

I think the problem with this solution, from Kinkoin point of view, is that they want to separate Event Girls from Permanent Pachinko Girls.

4 hours ago, Urist said:

Of course this would be the most logical solution. But naturally we can't have that and you know why? Because the devs not only want more money from everyone, they especially want to milk the people who are actually spending money on this game. After all, while sure 3x 5400 was nice for devs, this new system forces whales to potentially spend tens of thousands kobans before getting all of the girls. 

@Mythos My 8,000 kobans was on purpose. (Although I admit I did not do the math, I just eyeballed it.) I was trying to compare event and epic pachinko on closer to even terms. Here is the real math. If event pachinko has a 25% probability of a girl on 1 spin, 4 spins (7,200 kobans) gives a probability of at 1 (or more) girl(s) of 69%. I.e. 5,400 for a 100% cast in a 40 size pool vs 7,200 for a 69% cast in a 4 size pool. Effectively you pay 30% more kobans, get a 31% lower chance of a girl but get a 1,000% higher chance of a girl you want.

In any case everybody comes at this with their own situation. If you have cleared out epic pachinko or you are on course to do so you have my admiration (and jealousy).

2 hours ago, snowman22 said:

@Mythos My 8,000 kobans was on purpose. (Although I admit I did not do the math, I just eyeballed it.) I was trying to compare event and epic pachinko on closer to even terms. Here is the real math. If event pachinko has a 25% probability of a girl on 1 spin, 4 spins (7,200 kobans) gives a probability of at 1 (or more) girl(s) of 69%. I.e. 5,400 for a 100% cast in a 40 size pool vs 7,200 for a 69% cast in a 4 size pool. Effectively you pay 30% more kobans, get a 31% lower chance of a girl but get a 1,000% higher chance of a girl you want.

The problem with probability is that you can't set a "good" number of kobans to get a girl, compared to the certainty of getting a girl. There were cases of not getting a girl after 27k kobans, luckily they were only testing Event Pachinko on the test server, but this can happen to anyone on the real account.

3 hours ago, snowman22 said:

In any case everybody comes at this with their own situation. If you have cleared out epic pachinko or you are on course to do so you have my admiration (and jealousy).

I'm not even near to achieve that, but I know a couple of free players which have collected all the past Anniversary and Epic Days girls, so they are at good point. Anyway this game require patience if you want to achieve something (or money if you don't have patience ;)).

Let's be rational here. I plead you fellow forum users to stop with the sarcasm and emotional speaking, as it will only diminish the validity of what you are saying. Moreover if i were the developer i wouldn't feel like visiting the forum at all. I'm not asking you to stop criticising the changes, just be rational and try to be constructive.

Now for the event pachinko, i dislike gambling as a principle. Let me point out that it's presence in games has a much larger impact on the lives of the users than anyone is guessing. What i mean is- game devs. are clearly aware how those bright flashing animations are releasing huge quantities of dopamine in the human brain, which in turn causes the reward seeking mechanism to kick in and encourage this future type of behavior. In short se'retalking about addiction. We are all aware that you know this much to abuse the mechanism. What's little discussed is the long term effect on the brain that it causes- the momentary(instant) reward becomes overactive while the long term goals and the reward for them are diminishing. This may cause apathy and all forms of nasty neurological/psychological symptoms. We're talking about education too. I'm well aware of those things, as are all the people pushing for a guaranteed  girl option regardless of it's price.

An options should exist for those who want to use it. Moreover place yourselves i the shoes of the user standing infront of the roulette(yep the pachinko is just this) losing all the kobans accumulated via dedication(missions) and buying to get nothing(because everything else beside girls has little to no value in the eyes of the user). How would this make the user(everyone will be forced into this situation given the random element here no matter how much resources you might have accumulated)? I can tell you from experience, that it doesn't make them feel good and intice them to buy kobans, monthly cards, moreover it hurts the imige of the dev team. A dedication reward should be present regardless of the mainstream rng mechanics to prevemt frustration and provide an alternative option for the players who like the concept of your game, but dislike the current systems in place. A certain amount of tries to capture an event girl(mercy pull) be it no matter how high it is, should be present and a guaranteed girl option should be present in the event pachinko. This was something that prove itself as working in the epic pachinko. It won't affect the players who are happy with the current system in any negstive way, but will improve the experience for the players who are hesitating to throw away hard earned/bought resources for nothing. The price of a guaranteed girl option ofcourse should be higher! Given the limited pool of girls present, don't invalidate it out of fear that people will be discouraged by the high price. I would say the same for droprates being displayed would yeld only positive results in  long term prospect for the game. It will cause huge criticism when implemented, but aren't you the focus of such criticism even right now? Moreover being entirely open and honest with the playerbase will result in a lot better imige of the company. Many people might consider becoming pateeons( including myself), simply because how cool guys you are.

All those issues might be remdied without even displaying droprates, by simply adding a mercy pull and a guaranteed girl options.

Gambling might be a great way to monetise a game in short terms, but will hurt the game in long term prospects as more and more gamers are smarting up to being used(i don't want to use "manipulated" because they can think and have a choice in the matter). Look at tripple A companies and their stock prices in 2018 Bathezda, Activision, EA lost relatively 50% of their stocks by pushing too aggressive monetisation and cutting costs(reducing the quality of content in games) because the useres got fed up with predatory practices and stopped buying battlefield 5, fallout 76 and stopping their world of warcraft subscriptions.

I won't provide sources as it has been a long enough essay, they are easily googled for the people who are interested in the matter.

In summary give players non-gambling options! The event pachinko is a very positive change and could have been perceived pretty positively  if it weren't for it's entirely random nature. 

Edited by Cantrix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cantrix said:

...a lot of words...

You wrote everything perfectly, but it was all in vain. Developers see the super-profits of games with a gambling monetization, but, in my opinion, they simply do not understand how it works. All these "luck roulettes" sell additional content, but not access to the main gameplay. We have the main gameplay is collecting girls, and everything else is secondary. Perhaps this will change over time, but now it is. And when you decide to convert real money or, accumulated for a long time in the game, to the girl of the event you especially wanted to get, and you are unlucky 10 times in a row, then, in fact, you understand that you are left without gameplay as such and completely you lose interest in being here. Just imagine that in the World of Warcraft a subscription is sold through a lottery and one person wins 3 months of the game for the price of one, but the other two are not a single day, but having paid for the month. Do you think these two will want to try again to buy a subscription after a month, even if they like the game very much? It is clear that this example is exaggerated, but it conveys the essence. There must be a way to make an effort and get a reward not only due to luck, otherwise there is simply no point in putting in an effort.

17 hours ago, Mythos said:

I think Habi was the first to propose this in this thread, but I thought the same even before reading Habi's post.

I think the problem with this solution, from Kinkoin point of view, is that they want to separate Event Girls from Permanent Pachinko Girls.

Actually i was the first one :D: https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/7919-patch-notes-121218-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=112359

But you're right, everyone thought the same.

To be honest, whenever in the past i read someone suggesting an "event pachinko" this is exactly what i was afraid of: event girls available only in the new pachinko for a more expensive price because of the limited pool of girls.
I couldn't care less about which girl drops, a girl is a girl. And certainly i'm not here to see some random mid-quality pictures, internet is FULL of better hentai stuff.
From my perspective, the only thing that's changed is now i'll need many more kobans to get as many girls as possible. And this is what kinkoid wants ^_^

23 hours ago, snowman22 said:

As I said elsewhere, for me it is the former, and if I had already obtained all the regular boss girls, and there was no more perspective to obtain extra girls in future Epic Days events, I would do that x10 spin without a single second of hesitation.

• Like 1