Event Pachinko

DHarry

My experience was very similar to Zack's. I'd been saving up Kobans to use in the Epic Pachinko once the Sci-Fi revival rolled around (Alexandra is high on my want list, and Barda not far behind). Since they no longer appear in Epic, and I'd budgeted the kobans anyhow, I figured I'd take two shots at the Event Pachinko. 

The end result: One Barda (yay), and seven items--three rainbows and four monos (not one of which matched my type), including several duplicates.

Ultimately, I think it's a valid addition, but the drop rates and gear types are a concern. 

That said, I think two small tweaks could make it great.

Suggestions: 

-- I'd like to see a bulk package similar to Epic Pachinko--say, a three-round (12-pull) combo at 5400 that guarantees a girl drop.

-- I'd like a guarantee that each round of four pulls will yield at least one mono-type item that actually matches my type.

Do just those two things, and Event Pachinko will become vital to me. 

22 hours ago, Badhead said:

Suggestions: 

-- I'd like to see a bulk package similar to Epic Pachinko--say, a three-round (12-pull) combo at 5400 that guarantees a girl drop.

-- I'd like a guarantee that each round of four pulls will yield at least one mono-type item that actually matches my type.

Do just those two things, and Event Pachinko will become vital to me

Well, that way it would become vital to everyone, but... don't hold your breath, it's not going to happen :P

Ps. Kinkoid already said that a guaranteed event girl drop would cost around 8000 kobans.

• Like 1

Got 1 'freebie' sci-fi girl, was on the way to get the second. First time pachinko got other 'freebie' girl which was due to drop soon (which kinda sucks, as pachinko should be more for the exclusive pachinko only girls!), then 3 more spins for BS items. Was playing regularly, now this game to the very back of my games list - only play when everything else done on other games. Keep introducing new things just for BS items - not worth chasing anything!

1 hour ago, BananaJoy said:

no they didnt say it is guarantied. they only said that a girl costs average 8000 kobans

I guess you're remembering wrong, actually Kinkoid talked about a guaranteed drop. This is the post:

Edited by Daniele

On 12/19/2018 at 9:49 AM, jelom said:

After reading one post where a player get the girl he wanted in the first try, I find quite hard to believe the drop rate is so low. It is obviously 100% and even read your mind to select the girl you want. End of irony mode.

Now talking seriously, @Chthugha presented you with some data of a lot of tries, you don't even read it, and you prefer to pick only the bad results of people complaining?

Statistically his data are more significant because include a bigger number of tries, and are concordant with the rest of people who take their time to do similar tests with more than one account.

And now for all players: many people has asked for concrete drop rates from the devs. Now we have one revealed and still some of them will refuse to believe because of some cherrypicking of bad results. Now we have the reason why Kinkoid didn't want to reveal the exact drop rates.

First things first, as you made me note I probably wasn't clear on this, I didn't read Chthugha stats because I didn't want to, I didn't do it due to lack of time. In this period sometimes It is hard for me even to read the forum posts and find enough time to answer If i wish to say something.

Second, I didn't intend to be offensive nor I was willing to pick a fight, I was simply stating my opinion based on my game experience and the forum posts I was able to read (as I always do). And this gives way to two other things: first, despite the fact I respect and even admire Cthugha for his efforts, my opinion is that in the past the science of statistic has greatly failed to report the reality of this game. Second, as in the past I had deeply discussed right with Chthugha in my first thread on this forum (even with some strong words), my personal opininon is that, posed that one does not give his mind as words carved in stone, and stats things with education, every player has the right, if his game experience tells differently, to not believe everything he is told (and that should be quite simple, as no one can rightfully constrain another to change what one thinks). In other words, I consider what I wrote valid for me, but I would never have the presumption to give it away as cast gold. If you understood differently, I am sorry to haven't been more clear, but you understood wrong.

And for last, one thing that maybe escaped to you: known or not, people where complaining anyway about low drop rates, so, as I already said, the revealing of one without a change in complaining, in my humble opinion, it's not a surprise at all, indeed it must have been widely expected. Although they revealed that drop rate upon a rebellion, it was already too late considering the over two years of age of the game. In my opinion, at this point people continually asks to know the drop rates only to decide their own strategy for the game (i.e. where to use first their resources after evaluating their chances). The continual complaining is now an entirely different matter, a problem that could have been avoided (or at this point could have been definitively settled) if the devs had revealed the drop rates two years ago. The decision was rightfully theirs, and now is theirs to bear the facts that there are a lot of unsatisfied players, and the complaining will probably continue until the end of the game development, without a single chance to settle it for good.

And if you are wondering why I have not enough time, apart personal life engagements that is due to my speed: to write (and, more importantly re-check and try to fix) these eighteen lines I needed more than 90 minutes (including game time to play in the arena, gather money from the girls, pound Dark Lord and fight in the league)

Edited by Observer_X
  • Thanks 1

Event Pachinko is a bullshit. 4 spins, over 8k kobans lost and all rewards are avatars, legendary gift and 4 legendary equipmets.

Price is to much HIGH!!!

I was donate especially for try new pachinco. I will no longer before drop rate don't be fixed.

Edited by Serg905
  • Like 2

*updated.

I've been playing for just over a year.  I played free for the first ten months before starting the monthly card.  I'm getting about 600 kobans/month from the Leagues, 1800 from the monthly card, 4500 from daily missions, and I used to be able to do contests for another few hundred (due to what I think is a bug, I haven't been given any contests in about a week now, but that's unrelated).  The reason I say all this is to sum up that I'm making about 7000 kobans a month by playing the game.  I've got all the boss girls, and I'm chipping away at the Epic Pachinko girls.  My understanding from reading this, and what's been said about the drop rate, is that the Event Pachinko is pretty much never worthwhile.  At 8000+ kobans average per girl, and multiple event girls per month, that's simply unobtainable for me without paying *significantly* more money than the cost of a monthly card.

From what has been determined by users and released by the devs, the drop math works out like this:
- Chance for a girl from a boss = Varies by level and number of girls in the harem, starts off very high, ends up abysmally low
- Chance for an event girl from a boss = Some set value dependent on the length of the event, user estimates are between 0.5 and 2%
- Chance for a girl from a 1x Epic Pachinko Spin = ~5%
- Chance for a girl from a 1x Event Pachinko Spin = ~22%
- Chance for a girl from a 10x Epic Pachinko Spin = 100%

Which means the cost in kobans for a girl works out like this:
- Average kobans for a girl from a boss = 0 kobans
- Average kobans for a girl doing 1x Epic Pachinko spins = 540 x 20 = 10800 kobans
- Average kobans for an event girl in Event Pachkino = 1800 x (100/22) = 8180 kobans
- Average kobans for a girl doing 10x Epic Pachinko spins = 5400 x 1 = 5400 kobans

How you should be spending your kobans, if you want the best bang for your buck:
1. If you have boss girls available from any boss, don't spend kobans on Pachinko at all.  Save them until you have all the boss girls.
  (1a.  If you are down to the last couple boss girls, it's probably safe to do Epic Pachinko.  Those last couple girls will have such a horrible drop rate that you'll gladly pay the 5400 kobans to never have to see Bremen's stupid face again.  Caveat, if you only have girls left from the highest available boss, you may want to hold off.  Chances are you will be fighting that boss for a looooong time anyways.)
2. If you have no boss girls available, and there is even one girl left in the Epic Pachinko, save up the 5400 kobans for a 10x spin and the guaranteed girl.
3. If you have no girls remaining in Epic Pachinko, use the Event Pachinko (or save your kobans for when new Epic Pachinko girls are added to the game).

Summary:
It looks like the Event Pachinko is there exclusively for whales, or for people who really want to add specific event girls to their harems and are willing to dedicate a disproportionate amount of time (in saving kobans) and/or money (in buying kobans) to get them.  If you're a free or monthly card player, or you are only interested in getting the most girls you can at the lowest cost, it should only be used as a last resort.   The 1x Epic Pachinko is actually even worse than the Event Pachinko and should probably never be used.

I personally still have about 25 girls left to get in Epic Pachinko, so I doubt I'll be touching the Event Pachinko for another couple years, provided my interest in the game holds that long.

Edited by omnijew
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Serg905 said:

Event Pachinko is a bullshit. 4 spins, over 8k kobans lost and all rewards are avatars, legendary gift and 4 legendary equipmets.

Price is to much HIGH!!!

I was donate especially for try new pachinco. I will no longer before drop rate don't be fixed.

I am waiting for Travel Gwenaelle and 

Summer Geekette next year.

They are the only 5 star epic girls so is worth it.

Save more kobens for more legendary and epic event.Even for next anniversary.

• Like 1

You cheat me, seriously Kinkoid you continue with the epic pachinko event ?.
You should have learned from rejection and complaints, but no. You have preferred to try to forget the people who are a legendary girl and the history of the game.
You had the opportunity to think that fallol and this time do things well, but you have preferred in your greed to continue on a path that you have been warned that it will not be good.
When people get tired, and will do it sooner or later, and the monthly cards, pathes and sales of kobans begin to be scarce; When the game dies little by little, do not blame anyone, just remember and look in a mirror to find the culprit.

Merry xmas for everyone 

Edited by saberbholt

So because I can I went ahead and spent some money and rolled 14k kobans out into event pachinko. Two avatars, and the rest was about half equipment of which only the first roll had Charm mono-stat (Btw event gear will ALWAYS be the same type of stat(s) with minor difference in allocation so no point in rolling for gear if you already have your event version) and gifts.

Not a single girl at almost double of what Kinkoid said should be the average drop-rate for girls. Maybe I'll roll one more time once I go over 1800 again, probably won't because it just isn't worth it. The only good thing was upgrading one of my epic equips to legendary.

Edited by saint

15 minutes ago, Nibba51 said:

Avatars should not be placed at the same category as the Special Event Girls. It reduces the chance of acquiring the event girl. Please change this.

No, no it doesn't.
The girl drop rate is as high with avatars in the mix as it is when you've bought all avatars on your profile page.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, Chthugha said:

To the patreons after a rebellion by them about the event pachinko.
And obviously those numbers enter circulation to the normal players as well.

Are you able to provide any more information about this rebellion, and any other information that may have been revealed? Because, although I appreciate having the drop rate and the tests you've done to confirm it, there are many issues that remain unresolved. Most notably the lack of a pity timer. In my mind, the fact that it's even possible at all to spend 27k kobans and not get anything for it (and yes, I am counting the avatars as nothing) is unacceptable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Urist said:

Are you able to provide any more information about this rebellion, and any other information that may have been revealed? Because, although I appreciate having the drop rate and the tests you've done to confirm it, there are many issues that remain unresolved. Most notably the lack of a pity timer. In my mind, the fact that it's even possible at all to spend 27k kobans and not get anything for it (and yes, I am counting the avatars as nothing) is unacceptable. 

:"there are many issues that remain unresolved"    True!

On the one level I am so grateful & love this new part of our game!  So cool to have this option at 1800.

On the other side, well, the distribution didn't seem random to me:  I got 3 purple CHARM mono-stats!  I should be the happiest person in the game- bar none. 

But, all 3 were all in the same spot- net +38.   

When I first saw them?-    I am like so happy, so incredibly excited.  Hell, yes.  I am going to blow down my League.  Then-nope.  sell  them--  Racked my emotions.

brassy

PS;  this is still the coolest game ever & I enjoy it so much

Edited by brassygirl
ps
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Urist said:

Nope. Just the drop rate for girls.

2 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Is the 1800 koban price:

1. An arbitrary start point?
  2. Mathematically and/or economically determined?
  3. Set to be the same as a Month Card?

Just curious. :D

The valued an event girl at a certain amount of kobans (between 7k and 8k kobans), and with the droprate they determined the prize of this pachinko.
But that's what Kaos has been saying on the discord server.

It is terrible enough that I will actually post about it.

The only thing anyone sensible would gamble for is the girls and 3 guaranteed items means 75% guaranteed waste. So it is actually 1800 coins for a single spin (plus some money from selling drops that are virtually guaranteed to be useless).

This is whalebait.

3 hours ago, Eman said:

Well, I gave the event pachinko a go now that we can abuse/cheat the system. The result? I got the two girls I was missing with 3 tries. It's the first (and probably also the last) time I get all the girls from an event.

What do you mean, "abuse/cheat the system"?  Sounds to me as if you just got lucky.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, Chthugha said:

No, no it doesn't.
The girl drop rate is as high with avatars in the mix as it is when you've bought all avatars on your profile page.

Well, the event pachinko is currently gone, but the sentence that explained it indicated that using it would provide either 1 girl or 1 avatar.

So, is the sentence wrong and can a player acquire both a girl and an avatar simultaneously? Or, is the sentence correct and only one can be obtained per game?

The key word is "or" here.

For comparative purposes, see that the 10-game Epic Pachinko "guarantees 1 Girl and 9 Items".