Attraction feature

Ensamdivu

3 hours ago, windia said:

I find the quoted patch notes quite clear :

• latestly with 100 shards the girl drops - no shards drop still exist
  • because: they give epic gifts for anything above 100 shards
    • do you reallly believe to get 100 epic gifts togehter with girl drop?  - combine with "need always 100 shards" it is what you feared/ said
      • I don't
  • combine it with event pachinko: you get a girl or 50 shards
    • getting a girl instead of shards means ... drop on first hit is possible

in other words: the shard system is the longterm asked / demanded safety net....

From the patch notes, the girl drop is only on the event pachinko as it says distribute a girl or 50 shards. Otherwise it would say from now on Villain will distribute a girl or x amount of shards. Course someone might get lucky someday in the test server and prove this wrong. Ah well, wait and see how it comes out on the normal servers.

2 hours ago, Hotless said:

100 battles with finalmecia after the feature was launched in test server i got x5 shard drop, after another 100 battles with finalmecia (just now actually) i received another x3 shards from her, my guess is that after another 100 battles i will receive another x3 or x5 shards, so........ x15 shards with 300 battles that means like 2000 battles for 100 shards if you are lucky also not to mention that you could have easily win the complete girl after like 100 or 200 battles if you were extremely lucky in the past but oh well, you know how it goes if the devs want to add something to the game nothing is stopping them, their reasoning ? the new attraction feature is gooooood!!!!

How i wish they would leave this random chance of getting the complete girl along with the chance of getting her shards and not removing it completely.

I spend only one refill since someone opened the linked thread about "attraction feature on testserver". 

I fought Bremen and Edwarda - which have higher shards to get if they drop - and I assume (but can be wrong) that the chance IF a shard drops are the same.

Got 25 on Cunegonde and 23 on Val Shao - I have just no clue how many regular combats I did on Val Shao without refilling since event start. (1 d 9 h = 48+18= 70 + overnight = less than 100 boss fights for Val Shao, if shard, then 4-6.

I haven't succeeded in getting a single girl since the introduction of attraction on the test server so I can't tell.  Shao is at 47 so I have a bit to go.  If it's true that the descending silhouette animation display is to be dropped then this would be tragic, imo.  I live for seeing this.  Somehow turning a girl into a red progress thermometer is nowhere the same and it removes a thrilling surprise element.  On the main server so far I've got both girls in 4 out of the 6 accounts so I'm wondering if my chances would've been reduced had the main server used the attraction system.  I also got Salem in my Lili account (finally!) without attraction.  So who knows?

Re. the RNG, yes of course it's still in play.  The shard rewards are still random.  With Shao I had two rewards in a row: one of 5 and a second at 2.  With Jeanne I got 3 and Eugenie 2 in the same round of 20.  Next two rounds, zilch for the entire 20 plays, only the cash.  So, yes, I'd say the RNG has been transferred to the new system.  I'm yet to be sure, however, that it's an improvement.  Before this event started I was battling Bremen to get his last girl, Cunegonde, and got her to x25.  So her points will presumably sit there until I get a chance later to accumulate more shards for her.

Just one issue for me: the progress 'thermometer' set within the black outline of the girl does not show for me, only the bar.  I had just assumed that this was one feature left out of the test server game.  Does this show for other members?

• Like 1

It seems to make the game very long-term for free players.
Ordinary event girls seem to be obtainable in 5-6 days, so 12 days will be just enough to get two if you do all the fights, or you might be left with just one, if unlucky. OK, better luck next year during the revival.
New players can at best obtain one revival girl, no mathematical chance of getting two.
Epic and legendary girls will be mathematically impossible to get for free. You need 2-3 years of free plays during a number of revival events to have a chance at them.
The only bonus seems to be that boss girls will be easier to get with the shard system. Nobody will probably need to fight 3-6 months to get them.

This style goes for players who prefer to collect kobans to play epic pachinko and get girls from there.
They can now choose to spend the kobans on event/epic/legendary girls that they earlier could chance to get for free. In that case they will no longer have kobans for epic pachinko, ever again. All of the kobans will be spent on boss fights for the "free" girls in the future.

Luck will continue to play a role during 12-day events. If you are lucky, you get 2 girls without spending kobans. If you are unlucky, you have to spend perhaps a thousand kobans on additional fights.
Luck will stop playing a role for epic, legendary etc girls. OK, if you are lucky, you can get to 30 shards by the end of the 4-day events. If you are unlucky, perhaps you stop at 15. Luck will come to play 2-3 years later when you are approaching 100 shards at some future revival event. If you are lucky, you may need just three events to get a "free" girl. If you are unlucky, you need 4-5 events and a couple of more years of play.

How to make this system work? Perhaps with much more frequent revivals and second chance events that would have more numerous girls. That way players can keep increasing their shards several times a year. Epic Pachinko girls could disappear and start appearing at events, so they can be sharded up and perhaps bought with enough boss fights. Instead of a single 5,400 koban spin, you would have a guarantee that if you click the boss fight about 500 times, you can get to 80-100 shards on any girl. Doesn't look like a very attractive future, though.
Perhaps by adding a new item, a sort of a attraction sphere that could be used on any girl and would give 1-4 attraction shards based on rarity. These could drop from any sort of activity (contest wins, pachinko, weekly wins, arena fights, boss fights, league fights, daily quests, maybe even the market). Sort of a "if you are active, you can get these as a bonus" thing. Like if you do at least 40 boss fights, 30 arena fights, I don't know, at least 2 market refreshes a day, there's a chance of them starting appearing. It would be a way of rewarding active players.

The number of shards per victory could be increased but inevitably it will be impossible for anyone ever to get a non-12-day-event girl for free. That sort of RNG luck will disappear from the game. It will be a "I need 50 shard wins to get this girl" game for everyone and it looks sort of a tedious prospect.

I feel the game somehow needs to preserve this element of getting a girl for free during a 4-5-day event. But how? Some sort of a rare super shard that gives you 30-50 attraction? Keeping the current 0.5% or worse chance to win an epic/legendary girl for free? And OK, if someone gets that with 80 shards collected, he just got 80 flowers as well?

But something needs to be changed or I feel too many players will just give up when they see that they now need years, not days, to get a girl without just paying for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I do not play on the test server, so I have not experienced the new system beyond reading here, but I feel like jaybee is on the right track. I think the attraction system is an important addition in that it can finally be that safety net if you do spend kobans to refill. You'll see some progress slowly, even if you are unlucky. But, I believe marrying it to the old system is better than just eliminating the girl drops altogether. Still, I can't fully judge until I've seen it in action.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

But something needs to be changed or I feel too many players will just give up when they see that they now need years, not days, to get a girl without just paying for it.

Probably should put this on the hentai-heroes-feedback-en betatesting forum. Devs allegedly don't read the stuff in here.

Eh I'll just quote you in there.

Edited by Lhans

I've got a suggestion of how to make the ultimate attraction display more appealing.  It involves a whole new animation feature.

When the x100 shards clicks over, a darkened display goes over to a feature of the girl's face and upper body coming right towards me and she kisses the screen (me) with juicy pouted lips while she gazes into the computer screen (my eyes).  Her look and pose would be the same as if she were giving me a blow job.  Then she shrinks to her pose display size ready for me to accept her with a click on the 'awesome' button.  This might be a way of making this rather clinical and boring feature more real.  The kiss is to say thank you for accepting her into my harem since I'm so damned attractive.  Yeah right!

What does everyone think?  If it's a goer I might post it in another part of the forum, say test server part.

Been playing on the testserver and the Shards system itsn.t the great so far , it going to take way way longer to get even one girl to drop in a event using free goes only , i have got  between 6 to 9 shards for every 30 fights on average , doing 20 fights  i get money roughly  60 to 70 percent of the time, the other  40 to 30 percent  i get roughly 5 to 9 shards, i have used refills to get one girl and spent over 1000 kobans in the process, for the rest of the event i will use only free go,s to see if it is possible to get a girl to drop with out having to use refills, in some ways the  the RNG is better because your are able to get a girl to drop in the first fight or even 20 fights some times, the shards system will remove that chance unless you can get a lot of shards in one go(double figures), any way i will have see and how it go's, i know that RNG will still play a large part in the number of shards you get i the game..

Edited by wertyu

14 hours ago, wertyu said:

Been playing on the testserver and the Shards system itsn.t the great so far , it going to take way way longer to get even one girl to drop in a event using free goes only , i have got  between 6 to 9 shards for every 30 fights on average , doing 20 fights  i get money roughly  60 to 70 percent of the time, the other  40 to 30 percent  i get roughly 5 to 9 shards, i have used refills to get one girl and spent over 1000 kobans in the process, for the rest of the event i will use only free go,s to see if it is possible to get a girl to drop with out having to use refills, in some ways the  the RNG is better because your are able to get a girl to drop in the first fight or even 20 fights some times, the shards system will remove that chance unless you can get a lot of shards in one go(double figures), any way i will have see and how it go's, i know that RNG will still play a large part in the number of shards you get i the game.. 

That's been my experience too.  I decided to try EP and got Mala, not a great score, but at least I was able to find out what the new setup is like when attraction is x100.  Yes, her black harem outline filled up with red, but the display is underwhelming to say the least.  The loss of that descending black silhouette is a cause for much mourning and grief on my part and I almost cried!

After nearly 8 days I have Shao at only x75, so I suspect it'll take me the whole event before I get her, only to see her damn thermometer fill right up.  For a 4 or 5 day revival, chances of getting a girl to drop are very low.

At least with the old, almost completely random system, I could get a girl to drop first try (unlikely, but it has happened for me - in this event I got Val Mala in Lili after only the 3rd try).  There needs to be a provision whereby one could get an attraction shard fill of x75 or x100 - very rare but possible, not capped at x5 as it has been for me.  This reintroduces a surprise element to the game, lost hit the jackpot; not so with Hentai Heroes as it is about to be set up on the main server.

My animation suggestion on winning a girl should be introduced with the thermometer tossed out the window.  It's a dead loss!  Having a girl gazing lustily into my eyes and giving me a big pouty kiss would be much more appealing.  With really good morphing and interpolating apps available these days, it's easy to create an effective animation from a few carefully crafted point-to-point images.

One thing I had noticed... The reward of attraction shards closely corresponds with the subtle display differences in starbursts on wins with the present system.  I was able to predict with some certainty when I was going to get a drop and I was right just about every time.  It became fun to anticipate a drop and curse in frustration when there was not a single hint that a drop would occur, and so it almost always turned out.  That fun element has gone on the test server now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just occurred to me, reading the 'fine print' of rewards in EP, that gone is the guarantee of getting a girl with ten spins.  I'm assuming that we now have next to no no chance of winning a girl from a single spin.  It seems I was lucky to get Mala.  I think this change is bloody fraudulent and mean-spirited!!  The consolation was that I got two single stat legendary equipment items in the right class for me and I was able to up my overall stats a little with them, but it is poor consolation.  I would've loved to have got Val Mavin in my KH accounts, but I won't risk trying now.

Looks like I'll be hoarding kobans from now on until I work out how best to spend them, probably on refills for Legendary Days which appears to be coming up soon.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

4 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

After nearly 8 days I have Shao at only x75, so I suspect it'll take me the whole event before I get her, only to see her damn thermometer fill right up.  For a 4 or 5 day revival, chances of getting a girl to drop are very low.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just occurred to me, reading the 'fine print' of rewards in EP, that gone is the guarantee of getting a girl with ten spins.  I'm assuming that we now have next to no no chance of winning a girl from a single spin.

1) have you factored in the higher average shard drop for revivals?

2) purely an unintended text change, there's still a guarantee on a x10 draw (confirmed on the discord). 

9 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

1) have you factored in the higher average shard drop for revivals?

2) purely an unintended text change, there's still a guarantee on a x10 draw (confirmed on the discord). 

Okay, thanx.  Maybe HH should rewrite the rewards system for EP to make sure it is correct.

No I hadn't factored in a higher average shard drop for revivals.  I didn't think it was different from the events.  But if it is higher, then well and good.

Something rather weird has happened on the test server.  I knew I got Mala through EP, but I must've been asleep when not only Val Shao 'dropped' for me, but Eugenie, Jeanne and Cunegonde as well - all those I had shards for.  Not only was I asleep but the person who mysteriously played on my behalf used no combativity points.  Furthermore, the attraction system seems to have been dropped from the test, or at least postponed.  The 'win' display has gone back to that of the original and no shard gains has shown up when I tried for Lola.

Just got back on the test after a sleep.  It seems the dropping of the attraction system was only temporary as it's back on and my acquisition of Shao and the others has been reversed.  They no longer appear in my harem.  Boohoo!

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

1 minute ago, Zorba the Geek said:

No I hadn't factored in a higher average shard drop for revivals.  I didn't think it was different from the events.  But if it is higher, then well and good.

I guess you didn't read the test server patch notes then

From now on each event will have a chance to distribute Attraction points for each of the girls you still need to seduce:

• Classic Event will give between 1 and 6 Attraction for girl
  • Revival Event will give between 1 and 12 Attraction for girl
  • Legendary Event will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for girl
  • Epic Event will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for girl

Not hugely higher, but an almost doubled EV per drop does make it quite achievable to get A girl.

Actually I just realised, how do you count 8 days of trying for Shao? Did you do refills?

Just had a quick go for the event girl  and boy o boy, i wish i had never bothered had 51 fights and got only 6 shards ,before they removed it and put it back on the testserver , i would have got between 9 to 14 shards, i think the devs have make it even harder to get the shards from the look of things.  😞

Edited by wertyu

9 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

It seems the dropping of the attraction system was only temporary as it's back on and my acquisition of Shao and the others has been reversed.  They no longer appear in my harem.  Boohoo!

Something similar happened also to me on the test server: got Val Shao and Zoe yesterday....and i also upgraded them...they were there this morning, and just now, they have disappeared...still shows the star that they are ready to upgrade...

11 minutes ago, KaosMil said:

Something similar happened also to me on the test server: got Val Shao and Zoe yesterday....and i also upgraded them...they were there this morning, and just now, they have disappeared...still shows the star that they are ready to upgrade...

Poof!! goes the money you used to upgrade(?) Lol.

Has it been explicitly stated that shards never expire?  (If they ever expire, go back to the old system!)

It doesn't seem excessive to me that you get 'unlucky' and instead of getting a girl or two (or more) you only collect 75 and 60 shards for a classic event, and have to find the remaining 25 & 40 shards in an upcoming Epic/Legendary Days or at worst, the Revival event the year after.  I'm not so convinced that this will hurt free players in the long run, though it seems likely that it will hurt in the short term.

I've read enough posts from people who have failed to get a girl in an event, and then failed to get them AGAIN the next time around.  This will happen less than before because we won't be starting from scratch in the subsequent events.  So, we may get fewer of the brand new girls the first time they appear, but by the time they appear again we may have more of them than we would have had under the old system.  Is patience a rare virtue?   Sure, but if we really want a girl without having to wait we can spend kobans on her.  We're going to spend them on something either way.

Also, this change wasn't supposed to make free play more or less fun/productive.  It was designed to give players a way to know whether it was worthwhile spending their kobans NOW.  If an event is winding down and you have most of a girl's shards you might decide to go for it.  If you have pitifully few of a girl's shards you'd probably decide that spending them now wouldn't pay off.  Perhaps the type of event or the strength/appeal/utility of the girl will affect your decision.  Until now we've been making these decisions completely blind and at the mercy of a downright merciless RNG.  Going forward we'll be informed consumers.  That's all this change was designed to do.  If it does more that's icing.

Honestly, if it is done right, and the overall girl acquisition rate doesn't change there's only one obvious "down" side: we'll have one less thing to complain about on the forums. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Has it been explicitly stated that shards never expire?  (If they ever expire, go back to the old system!)

quote:

Another important part of the feature is that the Attraction of a girl will be preserved in your harem and will not expire over time.

see last but one chapter:

30 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:
  • Except it's still RNG on how often shards drop and how many you get in each batch.  Players are only slightly more informed, and so far just for normal bosses and classic events.
  • We don't know yet if the other events will be more generous/stingy with shard drops.
  • Right.  We are slightly more informed in two ways.  First, we've been given an idea of the size of shard drops based on the bosses.  Second, we'll have information regarding progress in all situations that use Attraction.  We had neither before.

Did you really expect more information than this?  How would that work?

• Right again.  We don't know yet whether we're better off in terms of odds.  Other than trying the system out and using the results to decide whether the change is odds-transparent, a change in our favor or a change for the worse, there are very few options.  Other than pointless worrying the only other thing we can do is try to predict whether the devs are more likely to do as they say they will do, or more likely to use this as an opportunity to screw us in some other way.  Sadly, that opinion is entirely subjective and brings us back to pointless worrying.

Ideally, the people on the test server will create a thread where people can post their results as accurately as possible, whether good bad or indifferent, and pool those results to estimate the overall performance.  Compare that to what we think we were dealing with before and we have a tentative answer.

If there aren't enough people on the test server willing/able to report results then we'll have to wait until it has been rolled out game-wide before we can estimate the value of the change.  However, if we behave like cats — creatures that do what they please not what you want them to do — then people will be too apathetic or lazy to report their information and we'll never know for certain whether we're ahead, behind or on track compared to previously.

It's really up to the player community., i.e. us

I had problems logging on to the forums so i am posting this later than what i would have liked but we should get the patch notes on Monday and the new patch on Wednesday which will be the start of a revival event.

On discord they said we would be getting it before the legendary day event which is the 4-day event on the calendar and that they did not want to release it halfway during an event because it makes you spend more time getting them but now you can actually work on getting them.

As you can see on the Calender the 13th is the start of a new revival event and before the Know-how legendary day event so it's the only time that they can do it plus they will be able to get people to do combativity refills during the know-how event because no more lucky drops on the first day for legendary days because you get fewer shards during it than an epic day event so people that think Know-how is lucky do not understand that everyone is going to have to use kobans now to get a drop so no more free legendary girls.

The new system is better for free to play players because you do not start over again during a revival event due to it saving your progress in getting them.

HH_Calendar_EN_FEBRUARY.jpg

1 hour ago, natstar said:

...plus they will be able to get people to do combativity refills during the know-how event because no more lucky drops on the first day for legendary days because you get fewer shards during it than an epic day event so people that think Know-how is lucky do not understand that everyone is going to have to use kobans now to get a drop so no more free legendary girls.

Can someone explain this?  It seems similar to something posted earlier in the topic about not bothering to try for event girls from bosses on the first day, which also made no sense to me.

Don't events start when they start and stay consistent until they end?  Is the drop rate on day 1 not the same as days 2 through 4?

If the only point is that the drop rate, maximum number of shards per hit and length of the event are the only limiting factor then I understand this part at least.  (Even the luckiest person should fall well short of 100 shards when they need AT LEAST 34 hits  — likely closer to 50 hits — in just 4 days to accumulate the 100 shards.  Even with a substantial investment of kobans this will likely take 2 or more events to complete.)

They don't say to not bother trying for event girls from bosses on the first day; they just mean that the lucky incidents of first day drops are now pretty much impossible because of the 100 shard requirement and almost no one is going to be lucky enough to get all of them just on the first day.

The player still has to start trying from the first day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So after testing the new attraction system out on the test Server for a few days, I have to say I'm quite concerned about it.

First off, the Attraction system in principle fills a demand that players have long held, it's in effect a safety net for rare drops. Instead of a low probability for an immediate girl drop, we now get a higher probability for a partial girl drop. What this means is that the odds of getting nothing at all even though you spent thousands of Kobans and tried hundreds of times will now be much lower. Additionally, progress accumulated during events will remain and be available again during revival events. So far so good. 

Now let's imagine there were no further changes to drop rates. By no further changes to drop rate I mean that if a partial drop gave 5% of a girl, then the probability for a partial drop would be 20 times higher than the probability for an immediate drop was before. This would basically just mean that extreme outliers become much less likely. With the new system people wouldn't be able to get a girl with only 5 tries anymore, but it'd also be much rarer for someone to need 1000 tries. Now whether someone needs 10 tries or 200 to get a girl basically makes no difference from kinkoid's perspective. The players will be able to get the girl with their free battles anyway. On the other hand, if no one needs 1000 battles for a girl anymore, that means quite a few less Kobans are spent. So introducing the attraction feature while keeping drop rates proportional to what they were before would basically mean a net loss of income for Kinkoid. I understand this and I therefor expected them to lower drop rates overall. Something like an increase of the average battles needed to get a girl by 10%-25% would seem reasonable to me.

However, based on my tests on the testserver I have calculated that with a 95% probability, the dropchance for attraction from Mala during this event was at most 12%. Most of these drops gave 3 shards, one gave 4. Now let's assume that we're lucky and we always get 4 shards. That still means we need 25 shard drops to actually get the girl. If we assume the based on my tests very optimistic drop chance of 12 percent, that means we'll need an average of about 210 battles to get an event boss girl. Now this is a very optimistic estimate. A more balanced one would be a dropchance of about 6% with an average of 3 shards. Wich would mean we'd need 550 tries on average to get an event boss girl. 

Based on almost two years of playing this game and getting every single event boss girls available during that time, I can say with quite high certainty that event boss girl droprates so far were somewhere between 0.5-1%. My personal average for getting regular event boss girls with a sample size that is literally in the thousands is somewhere between 100 and 150 tries.

To sum up: Right now it seems like proportional drop rates have been absolutely gutted. Yet another example of a long demanded feature that seems to be on track for being implemented in a way that would be hugely detrimental to the players. Not to mention the psychological factor that getting attraction shards is far less satisfying than getting a girl drop. Please do not implement this feature in this way. I would really prefer if everything just stayed the way it was.

Edited by BraumII
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, BraumII said:

So after testing the new attraction system out on the test Server for a few days, I have to say I'm quite concerned about it.

To sum up: Right now it seems like proportional drop rates have been absolutely gutted. Yet another example of a long demanded feature that seems to be on track for being implemented in a way that would be hugely detrimental to the players. Not to mention the psychological factor that getting attraction shards is far less satisfying than getting a girl drop. Please do not implement this feature in this way. I would really prefer if everything just stayed the way it was.

They are not going to read the feedback posts in here if you want them to read a post about the attraction system being tested on the test server then post on the test server feedback forum section.

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/forum/49-hentai-heroes-feedback-en/