the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

8 minutes ago, MSM007 said:

So, now instead of getting lucky once to get a girl, you now need to get lucky a hundred times? Yeah not cool, especially the timing. Thank god I got all the boss girls before the update dropped.

Also if u have a big event like the anniversary " fighting for a lot of girls ", previously if u r lucky enough u can get 1, 2 or more girls at one time using 10x .... now according to this sys we can't

9 hours ago, pozi said:

I just hope they are now 1% girl, 5% girl shard, 94% nothing (this is just an example, I know they've actually posted the real chances of getting a shard but we've never known for sure the girls drop ratio, so it's all conjectures and personal experiences, which should not be a valid method to jump to general conclusions).

If 'instant drop' rate have not been reduced (and that's a big IF) I think this is a way better system that makes grinding a little more rewarding

I think this sums it up quite well. If the 'instant drop' works like before this is an actual improvement. And looking at Finalmecia, that still holds two girl I was never able to get and who gave me 7 shards in 20 fights I at the very least see a chance to get that girl before the end of time. Before this system it felt like it didnt even matter as every attempt had the same (nonexistant) chance as all the 1000 fights before. In that regard I like this system IF the instant drop rate is still the same.

That said, they should have timed it better. Its rather unlikely to get the girls with what little time was left and for players that are still struggling with them the system feels more like mocking than help. Its like: heeey, its great you put 11 days in the event and didnt get them. Here, have a couple of shards before the event ends so you can always see in your harem that you got at least a tiny piece of them. If this event had the system implemented the whole 12 days it would have probably been much better accepted as many people would have seen the progress over the event and would have gotten them with positive feeling.

The only annoying part here is missing out on the money, but here lies the question whether shards outweigh the income they replaced which for most people is probably a "yes".

• Like 2

Well have to see how it works out long term, but my first results are not positive. I am sure I was building towards my second girl from Karole, but now that started over and 40 fights got me 5 shards. At this rate, I will need 800 fights for 1 girl. If that holds for the legendary too, I can get one for 8200ish kobans. Unless she drops earlier. That is a nice ceiling I guess. Better than nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I was lucky to nab Val Shao before the update and was working on Val Mala... hahahaha seeing that I only managed to get her up to 31 - 32 shards within 47 fights... while not a bad haul... still it was SOOOOOOO late. Not looking forward to when the revival events roll in. With more added girls and those that I need to catch because of being unable before. It's becoming more of a sloppy tiring and boring grind than a fast enjoyable quickie.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Taka007 said:

That said, they should have timed it better. Its rather unlikely to get the girls with what little time was left and for players that are still struggling with them the system feels more like mocking than help. Its like: heeey, its great you put 11 days in the event and didnt get them. Here, have a couple of shards before the event ends so you can always see in your harem that you got at least a tiny piece of them. If this event had the system implemented the whole 12 days it would have probably been much better accepted as many people would have seen the progress over the event and would have gotten them with positive feeling.

The problem is that the next event begins immediately, and they wanted to have this system running throughout that whole event. That means they had to put it up before this one ended.

Well... so far I am two for two getting ONE whole character shard using the ten attack option. If this trend continues we are looking at 1,000 combat energy and 1200 kobans to get just one girl, so get ready for an endless stream of FOUR day events with FIVE girls to try and get on this system.

Edited by MSM007
Typo, meant 1200 kobans, not 120.
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MSM007 said:

Well... so far I am two for two getting ONE whole character shard using the ten attack option. If this trend continues we are looking at 1,000 combat energy and 120 kobans to get just one girl, so get ready for an endless stream of FOUR day events with FIVE girls to try and get on this system.

1) Revival event girls have a different average shard drop than new events

2) New events have a different average shard drop to normal boss girls (as you didn't mention who those shards were for)

3) Your sample size is quite small, so has a lot of variance in it

4) You're choosing to waste kobans on it, you don't have to do a x10 perform

Event stats:

Mala : 300 fights and nothing, switched to Shao

Shao: 100 fights received

Back to Mala: 150 fights and nothing. New system shows up on final day, so I wanted to test it (also 35% koban discount makes it hurt less). 7 refills to get to 97%. 3 more refills to get to 102% and get her to drop.

Under the Attraction system things (anecdotely) went faster

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The problem is that the next event begins immediately, and they wanted to have this system running throughout that whole event. That means they had to put it up before this one ended.

I have read nonsense over the years, but for this reasoning you have just won the no-prize of the year.

What would you tell me that they could not set a timer to start on a certain date and time like 5 o'clock in the morning next to the reset of everything?

They put it to see if they got more sales of kobans, any other cause has no logic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, saberbholt said:

I have read nonsense over the years, but for this reasoning you have just won the no-prize of the year.

What would you tell me that they could not set a timer to start on a certain date and time like 5 o'clock in the morning next to the reset of everything?

They put it to see if they got more sales of kobans, any other cause has no logic

If it was put on a timer, there wouldn't have been anyone in the office to fix it if things went wrong with the patching process. I don't see ensuring that the patch works as a bad thing.

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If it was put on a timer, there wouldn't have been anyone in the office to fix it if things went wrong with the patching process. I don't see ensuring that the patch works as a bad thing.

LOL seriously ?.
Look how I see that you have never worked in an IT company or a SAT in the business world and the programming of what happens when there is a risk release and it is your product:
Set the alarm and wake you up to verify that you have worked without errors from home connected through a terminal server or any other Vpn and in case of error that reboots the server in the previous state and check the pach code the next day.
So no, I have no answer logic and I do not believe or anyone who has had a business of its own or a programming system that does not have a similar system to the terminal server or do not look if the server is found or fails after such a patch critical.

Ah usually in Europe people wake up from 6 a.m. to 7 A.m. for go to work, 5 A.M. one important day for your bussines is nothing.

Edited by saberbholt
  • Like 1

This new update not only makes it harder to get the new girls but it takes away from the excitment when the girl drops. Imagine when epic days comes back around how many kobans it would take per a girl in combative refils. If its anywhere near 5400 per a girl I can see everyone hitting that 10x button instead of playing the combat system to save time. There would be little need for an epic days event unless you like over spending $ or waiting a year or two to get them all.

Im no whale but I am a dolphin and it will stay that way until they decide its no longer worth listening to the popular opinion of their player base. Im sure most of us here want whats best for the over all longevity of the game.

I prefer the old system myself but do not mind the new one if they increased the shard rate a little or how many you could get per an attack.  Maybe raise the minimum? This system is new and all we can do is give Kinkoid some time to adjust to see what works best for both them and us and hopefully it becoms a step forward in the right direction.

That happy moment you win until you realize its only 1 shard and still have 99 more to go is just trolling to the average player. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They could have just made bosses to drop neutral shards and unify the shard drop all the bosses, and then all the girls in the game to have a specific shard price. 

Like Grunt boss' girls start from 100 shards, each next boss' girls adds +20 shards to base cost (up to 300 shards for Karole's girls.)

Then specific event girls for the duration of the specific event have like..
Rare girls cost 500 shards
Epic cost 1000 shards.
Legendary cost 2000 shards...

I'm in the End game, have all boss girls except Toshiko and will probably get her in my way maxing out Karole level anyway. In like 50 fights I earned 6 shards. I prefer getting extra affection items than that especially when it's so useless.

And how the Event Pachinko is supposed to work? Do you get 100  shards every time and it's just random. I kind of don't want to waste 1800 kobans to find out.

• Thinking 1

I got to agree this new attraction system sucks. I thought could get the girl easy for this Rival event that just started. Since got lot of Kobans saved up and they have chances to challenge villains on sale right now. Yeah 340 attacks later do not even have one. Val Red battler is up to 42 attraction. At this rate will take about 1000 times to get one event unit in other words it is worst then use to be. It is now impossible to get the event girls if your not spending some insane Kobans. At least last 24 events I got at least 1 of the event girl most time at least 2. With new system don't see myself getting many if any event girls if takes around 1000 battle for revival event witch has 5 times the drop rate of epic event.

Edited by Pimpen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SuperTanya said:

They could have just made bosses to drop neutral shards and unify the shard drop all the bosses, and then all the girls in the game to have a specific shard price.

And how the Event Pachinko is supposed to work? Do you get 100 shards every time and it's just random. I kind of don't want to waste 1800 kobans to find out.

I believe dev commentary on this issue was that they prefer the randomness of girls coming from specific sections, rather than you choosing which ones you get.

Event Pachinko is the same as before. Random chance to get a girl drop. If a drop happens its in the form of 100 shards for that girl. They tested an increased rate for 50 shards on the test server (which lowered the rate of a full drop), but it wasn't well received.

Um.. what? Does this whole patch actually means there will be no more direct girl drops but only shards?
Well, well.. if I will not be getting any new girls from events/bosses why would I want to continue playing this? Will stick with Epic Pachinko until they ruin it and I bet they'll ruin it next.

We just moved from % chance to get The girl to % chance to get % of The girl. This is some advanced RNG for masochists. We need a 3rd level to this.. like spin a wheel with those shards and there are 90% chance not to get the girl. M'key.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperTanya said:

Um.. what? Does this whole patch actually means there will be no more direct girl drops but only shards?
Well, well.. if I will not be getting any new girls from events/bosses why would I want to continue playing this? Will stick with Epic Pachinko until they ruin it and I bet they'll ruin it next.

We just moved from % chance to get The girl to % chance to get % of The girl. This is some advanced RNG for masochists. We need a 3rd level to this.. like spin a wheel with those shards and there are 90% chance not to get the girl. M'key.

Epic Pachinko also drops shards in groups of 100. But yes, everything drops as shards now, and then the shards convert into the girl.

Based on testing, the significantly increased drop rates for shards removes the super bad luck cases from girl drops. Luck still plays a part, but the variance should be smaller.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chenpaul said:

2. has anybody been lucky by now? 

Someone recently got one of the Valentine 2019 drops through the 100 attraction points in one fight. However, that player had first fought 169 battles and got shards upto around 70 affection and then in the 170th battle got the 100 affection points.

Personally I have had far greater luck so far on the limited time this shard system has been in place.

What it seems to me is they have moved away from a system that is purely hit/miss, to one that has far more "events" so the # of fights it takes to get the girl is more evened out. Being someone who consistently would get 0/2 from 5 day events, and 50% of the time 1/2 on the 14 day events, I find it a welcome change. At the very least, I know I am making some sort of "progress" when I spend Koban, as opposed to the ~12k I sunk on trying to get the Legendary Twins the first time around where I was no closer the very first fight I went through than the god knows what # fight before the event had ended.

Also, way better for the villain girls imo. So far I have 10/100 shards for the villains on the new map, that is far better than 0 of the villains from Roko sensei after 3-4 months worth of fights.

Ofcourse, my assessment could be premature, and I just got lucky on the rolls for the new val girls . . . but I doubt it since it is seemingly just a system playing to the law of large numbers.

Edited by pinja
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pinja said:

Also, way better for the villain girls imo. So far I have 10/100 shards for the villains on the new map, that is far better than 0 of the villains from Roko sensei after 3-4 months worth of fights. 

Non-event boss drops apparently had a "memory" of the amount of fights already won. Although by a very small amount, each win apparently increased the chances for a drop in the next fight.

12 hours ago, snowman22 said:

6 earned

By-the-way, outside of League rewards which are a day away, how does one earn 6 combativity points?o.O Do the contests' rewards for higher levels include combativity points?

Also, one player mentioned receiving 97 attraction from 140 fights (i.e. ~70%) and then only 5 attraction from ~60 fights (~8%).

Edited by John 1039
"attraction" not "affection"