Easter Feast Event

DHarry

45 minutes ago, Vulture said:

It happens so that I had less than 10 shards in a day and half which is insane!

It's not insane at all and has nothing to do with how many shards you already have. My biggest dry spell was with Alex - 64 fights in 1.5 days with one shard drop that brought my count from 33 to 38. It was followed by a drop of 1 shard and another 7 empty fights, so 71 fights with 2 shard drops giving me 6 shards.

I got both Alex and Carine in more or less four and a half days each, using only free combativity points, and that gave me more or less three days free to get back and pound Karole for the two regular girls that still have to drop from her. However, I can't deny the fact that while fighting for Carine, an annoying thought kept coming back at regular intervals in my head like a refrain: "not enough time...". It is undoubtedly good to be able to see how much shards one still needs to obtain a girl, but the uncertainty deriving from not knowing whether one will succeed in achieving the result in time is in my opinion somewhat unpleasant. And I have already expressed myself elsewhere about having "partially completed girls" for a long time in one's harem.

48 minutes ago, jaybee said:

It's not insane at all and has nothing to do with how many shards you already have. My biggest dry spell was with Alex - 64 fights in 1.5 days with one shard drop that brought my count from 33 to 38. It was followed by a drop of 1 shard and another 7 empty fights, so 71 fights with 2 shard drops giving me 6 shards.

It should be noted that when I said days I meant full combativity days, more often than not even more, those +2 from the league, the daily missions and refills sure comes in handy as a nice chance booster. I barely waste any combativity  as it is, on this Event I maybe wasted 20-30 up to now, and that's a highball. It feels as a second job now, always calculating when the new stock comes on the market, when will I cap on tokens/energy/combativity, missions and timing them trough the day... It's a game, It should be fun, not bring more daily stress. I'm not saying it should be a walk in the park either, just so it's known. There should be more balance in the work/gain structure in this game, because above money, We put Our time in this (or any other) game. Sure, I have no problem buying Kobans, like any other convenience or thing I like, heck I threw them few € on Patreon too. I'm not skimping on myself, that would be like passing by the bakery and not buying burek and yogurt because i'm too cheap, my time on the other hand is very valuable to me, unlike money it can't be re earned. 

Edit: HA! I wrote it because it was the first thing that came on my mind, but I thought about it and a burek and yogurt roughly equate in price with the Monthly Card price, so there you have it folks. 

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Vulture said:

Once I passed 90 shards for Carine (96 current) the dry spell combo has gotten off the charts. 27+ battles without shards, then I got 5 early this morning which get me to 96 and from there 37-38 shardless battles, a combination of the +2 arena gift combativity, all of today and some accumulated from yesterday. It happens so that I had less than 10 shards in a day and half which is insane! If I don't get the last 4 shards for Carine, I'm done wasting time on fighting windmills. And I wasted Kobans to get to a point where I could get her quickly so I can farm Roko, but what is going on here is a whole lot of not farming Roko! The system is defending Ymens or however the flap is the IG currency called. I guess devs want to nerf the overall sum of in game cash with events one after the other with no regular days to recover. That won't make me buy more Kobans, although I did buy some, but for a whole other purpose than combativity.

Yeah, it's a pain!  I'm currently going through the same thing.  I should've kept my mouth shut rather than predicting success, just because I have Carine at over 90 shards in two accounts!  However, I finally got both girls in my Peckerbird account and so I'm back to battling Karole.  Good news is that epic gifts are now available to me and I've managed to get a few of these - not to be sneezed at.

In my other accounts the girls are playing VERY hard to get, especially Carine - no shards in 40+ tries for some.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just to prove jackpots can still happen.  The worst performing account where Carine was the least impressed proved to be tops...

image.png.86e49f3b507995f9923777b71caa4cbb.png

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

Now that the event is practically over, it's time for a feedback about this new system. 

Simply said, it's worse than the old one. 

First off, this new just relies even more to luck than the old system did. With old system, all you needed was to get lucky once. But with this new system you need to get luck over and over and over and over again. I'm not even talking about getting 100 insta drop, but basic shard drop. You can have +30-50 dry spree and then get 1 shard drop and then it's back to dry spree. This makes the old system of hundreds fights without drop and then getting lucky so much better, doesn't it?

Not only that, but even if you do get both girls (which I'm not getting in any of my accounts), this new system practically forces you to play the whole damn event on low income bosses. With the old one, 90% of the time I was done with getting both girls in first 5-7 days. Now I have played the whole 12 days and I'm still not getting those girls. Yes, other people had had different luck with events of old in the past, but this is based on my experience and in my eyes this new system looks worse. 

If that ain't enough yet, then this new system is boring, tedious, frustrating, anti-climatic and again so utterly based on luck that it ain't even funny. And I think there is actually rather obvious reason for this latter one. 

Devs wants to maximize their players spending with this new system. Right now we seemingly got Event and Epic pachinko running along with both of them having these new event girls. That literally means than you can cash your way over this frustratingly tedious fighting and because of the new nature of this new system, many people are much like to do exactly that. Especially at the end, when people are missing only few shards. Many of them will either do refills or go for pachinko, hoping to get new events girls, even the boss ones.

I can already hear people saying "but the old system made you spend kobans the same way, if you wanted the girls". While that's true, there is one obvious difference. With the old system, you had no way of knowing how many fights you needed. It could have been 1 or 1000. However, this new system seemingly tells you how much you need, yet it's exactly this that makes this system so deceptive. Let's say you are missing 25 shards from the one girl. That feels so little, doesn't little? Don't you think that "well, I need so few shards, that I get it easily with few refills?" But then you might need multiple refills and still not get it. You might get 5 more shards with 60 refills, then 10 with next 20 and then 5 in 40 fights and so on. But because you're missing so few of them, you won't be stopping your spending at this points as you will just think "I'm so close, so close. I'll get it with next one." 

Yes, I'm aware the old system had the this same thing. But it's worse with this new system, because you know exactly how much you're missing and it feels so easy to get, if it's low number of shards you're missing. It's like not many of the people reading this forum do anything like (except maybe with Legendary days or should I say especially with those), I can guarantee your there are hundreds of thousands of players of this game thinking like I wrote here. And this new system makes this outright gambling nature of this game even more persuasive to try or do. 

Sure, this new system ain't without it's good parts. But right now, with my experience of three events and many accounts at different points in the game, the bad is clearly outweighing any and all good parts. I'm not going so far as to say that this new system was "fixing something that wasn't broken" (like many changes in the past with this game), but it ain't too far away from that. 

And even if I still get lucky in last 19 hours or so, it won't be changing my opinion here. This new system is still as problematic as it is, no matter if I get the girls or not. 

I think the new system is good for legendary and epic girls (as well as boss girls).
Revival girls also seem to be more or less OK - you spend 5 days with extremely low-level bosses but it is usually enough to get both (and not all players need those revivals).
The only adjustment needs to be made with 12-day events. Either the 100-shard drop chance should be doubled or the general drop rate should be increased. Most of the players should need 7-8 days to get both girls - if you need longer than that, you are either very unlucky (meaning that in some other lucky months you can get both girls in 4-6 days) or missing a lot of fights. Now most of the players need 12 days for both girls - and that's a bit much.

• Like 2

^Unless a player was like those unlucky ones who spent 10,000 kobans for just one drop, I doubt the new system would be good for Epic Days.

As of yet, there is no mention of any future revival for this event, so a dedicated player with enough kobans stocked up will try to get all 100 shards for each drop. This is a problem as with all the information up till now, like lowered instant drops chances, the new system would probably require higher average fights per drop in the Epic Days event than the previous system did.

The ~330 fights/drop for this event, predicted by one user on the forum is huge. That comes out to about 20,000 kobans for 6 drops. Here's to hoping the prediction comes out to be an exaggeration.

Event girls currently come to an average of 300 fights. I believe 330 for an epic girl is a very good guesstimate - it will probably be more like 400-500 but we will see later this month.
As someone who has spent 5,500 kobans to buy boss fights and fight 650 battles for an epic girl with zero luck, my only question is - if I get 200 free fights for an epic girl during the four-day event, do I need to spend less than 5,400 kobans to buy fights to get to 100 shards? In all likelihood yes, so I am happy with that.
I spun my failed epic from Pachinko anyway, so it cost me 11,000 kobans to get her. Hopefully spending around 3,000 now sounds reasonable to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John 1039 said:

^Unless a player was like those unlucky ones who spent 10,000 kobans for just one drop, I doubt the new system would be good for Epic Days.

As of yet, there is no mention of any future revival for this event, so a dedicated player with enough kobans stocked up will try to get all 100 shards for each drop. This is a problem as with all the information up till now, like lowered instant drops chances, the new system would probably require higher average fights per drop in the Epic Days event than the previous system did.

The ~330 fights/drop for this event, predicted by one user on the forum is huge. That comes out to about 20,000 kobans for 6 drops. Here's to hoping the prediction comes out to be an exaggeration.

Quibble: More like 300 fights / drop  => 3,000 kobans each. To my eye this is cheap!

Even Fabienne was going for about 5,000 - 6,000.

I am not 100% behind the new system (I hate the 250 hearts needed on a boss before you have a chance at the 1st girl) but I like the fact that on day 3 of a 5 day event I can decide to keep on and get say 30 more hearts on a girl or bail and go farm Roko.

I have a quick question - 

so on the main page, it says that the Easter Feast Event ends in 10 hours and 39 minutes (for me at the moment of writing this), but when I look at Carinne (whom I'm trying to get a hold of) it says, I have until the 14th to get her - so do I have until the 14th at 8 o'clock in France, or do I have 10 hours? 

Because if I only have 10 hours I'll not make it 😩

10 minutes ago, phantom11 said:

I have a quick question - 

so on the main page, it says that the Easter Feast Event ends in 10 hours and 39 minutes (for me at the moment of writing this), but when I look at Carinne (whom I'm trying to get a hold of) it says, I have until the 14th to get her - so do I have until the 14th at 8 o'clock in France, or do I have 10 hours? 

Because if I only have 10 hours I'll not make it 😩

It ends on the 13th in France, which is before the 14th. So 10 hours.

Somehow managed to get both girls and both accounts.  At around the same time.  Test account was purely shards.  I wasn't going to get Alexa in my main but I hit the 100 shard drop on her.  To be fair, I'd only had the chance to fight her for like the past 4 days as I went for the other girl first.  If we find an average of lucky drops within 4 days, then that seems fair. I will say though that shards do need to be re-balanced.  This is in part to devs barely running something on the test server before shoving it out the door.  All they needed to know is the system was implemented, they can adjust specifics whenever they want.

1 hour ago, fenronin said:

Also I think the droprate goes down when we reach 90....

This morning I was at 82 shards with Carine, looked rather hopeless. I then dropped 6 shards three times during 18 fights. Don't worry, shards numbers are random, there is no evil system to slow you down. Though luck can certainly be evil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I managed to get both girls, with the second one (Carine) droping with a x100 shard reward when I had 86 shards... lots of epic flowers for me.

And from the Pachinko I got Windia. Kind of meh about her, but I expected to get her some day after getting the robot, Hikea.

Good luck to those of you still trying to get them!

Well done those who were successful.  My results have been fair to middling compared with the old system.  I managed to get both girls in four accounts, but the rest are too deficient in shards for there to be any chance, unless I get one of those x100 windfalls.  In the old system I almost always managed to get both girls in a full event in 5 out of the 6 accounts.

In 3 of the 4 successful accounts I spent around 3 refills each before the love thermometer overflowed and gave me the girl.  In the other account, I had a x100 windfall plus 68 bonus epic flowers - very handy as it turned out.

Overall, I seem to be continuing my charmed run as a lucky bastard!  Sorry to those who seem to have bombed out despite 'feeding the machine' with a monstrous supply of chips/kobans.

I repeat again, the loss of the drop graphic is grievous and the new system has very little appeal for me.  I'd like to see this restored with modifications to accommodate the new system.  The loss of the surprise and the thrill element takes away some of the compensatory appeal of taking part in what is essentially gambling.  I feel so strongly about this I'm wondering what forum I can go to where HH developers will actually listen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The end... Final tally: both girls in 5 accounts and at least one girl in every account.  I managed to add Chocolate maker Abraël to the tally in Peckerbird, my only success in Event Pachinko this event.  She may be legendary, but she's of little value in that account, except as eye candy and she's certainly easy on the eye.  In fact, Adrian'smole is the only standout for legendary girls in the right class.  As well as Norou in that account, I have Dezy and Val Mavin.  Apart from Nika in Lili and those in Adrian'smole, all other 3 star legendary girls are in the wrong class.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text