Champions

jaysen

9 hours ago, WumboCombo said:

Busting through all my tickets to get through Elites University and only to get a theme (what do I even do with it?) is not a pleasant feeling.

Not to discourage you, but it is probably better you prepare yourself to feel again that sensation, probably up to another 200 times, more or less.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Observer_X said:

Not to discourage you, but it is probably better you prepare yourself to feel again that sensation, probably up to another 200 times, more or less.

girls drop chance is pretty low. and i dont think all rewards have the same chance. already had 2 bosses where i need to get all other rewards till i get the girl. atm i am at visor and it looks like there i will be along time too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [CNO] BananaJoy said:

girls drop chance is pretty low. and i dont think all rewards have the same chance. already had 2 bosses where i need to get all other rewards till i get the girl. atm i am at visor and it looks like there i will be along time too

Yeah, same. I did get extremely lucky on the University one. Girl was the first prize. Still my only one now. 

On 7/18/2019 at 5:36 AM, Sefiroth said:

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet. Hey guys. Champions are actually a good place and reason to use your Jujubes! 🙌

That and try get a team of know-how girls.

It doesn't matter what class you are. Just put as many know-how as you can.

20 hours ago, jelom said:

that strategy don't work well with the last boss ...

Yes but it's better than the other 2 classes against the other champions.

RNG just gave Matsuda his favorite position 8 times in the cycle and now he's destroying me.

Do the positions reset after some time ? Because if not, I'm stuck...

Edited by linkdream

I got the first girl (Sakura?) on my very first run. I was 1-shotting each phase. As I moved on, I continued to also re-run the first level; hey, free stuff. After the 2nd pass, gave it up as by then higher levels were burning off my tickets, and having the girl, I have little reason to continue.

Got the 2nd girl (Lust!!) on the 2nd pass of level 2. I immediately stopped re-running the level for the same as I stopped the first: got what I wanted!

On my 2nd pass of level 3 still angling for the girl.

On my first run at level 4

The battles get progressively harder and I have to miserly budget the tickets. At one point during level 3, I skipped Champions for 2 full days to restock.

to beat ryu i already need 8-15 tickets, wouldnt he have captured a girl from my class, i wouldnt trying him anymore

I think, skip resting for 1 koban (nutaku) is a really good idea, you wont wait for 15 minute for just one koban, but ... 😃

• 1 month later...

OK, I suppose that the only thing I can say now is that I was subject to one of the greatest strokes of luck in the entire story of the game, if not the greatest of all.

Before this, my champion situation was as follows: Romero 4 stages cleared, Whaty 3 stages cleared, Matsuda 2 stages cleared, Ryu 1 stage cleared, Visor 0 stages cleared, Alban still sealed. Moreover, all champions (obviously except Alban) had only phase 5 left to clear another stage. I waited quite a number of days to have enough time and a good number of tickets (I reached 107 before start fighting, and received more before ending all necessary fights). In previous stages cleared, no champion girls dropped, only backgrounds and pieces of suits. This time, after clearing all the opened phase 5, the result was quite different, as all of you can see:

blob.thumb.png.524bfdebe5a323c244033d92bbe17070.png

I usually start fighting every round from the last champion opened (in this case Visor), and go down towards Romero. Lissa dropped first, and i was already happy of the result. Next also Murane dropped, and I was quite astonished (to not say quite hyper excited, being an hardcore player). When Any dropped after clearing only one stage of Visor, I was without words.

I suppose the least I can expect is to need to get to clear stage 8 of the remaining champions to have the remaining girls drop. I suppose also that my next lucky 100 (i am still at the only one I had some times ago on Malina) is to be considered posticipated to an unknown date. I fear also that after this, my shard drop on regular and event girls will collapse into the void.

Probably the most ironic thing is that now that I have the best hardcore girl in the game up to now, it is not a problem that I can only pump her affection but don't have enough books to level her up and use her in my league squad, as my actual squad is keeping me more or less where I decided I want to be.

• Like 3

Just ended clearing the following phase 1 of all the champions, this time including Alban. Started with 95 tickets, gained 10 in the 10 hours I needed, ended with 43, so 62 used up in total: 1 for Romero (quite lucky in the first girl draw), 2 for Whaty, 7 for Matsuda, 11 for Ryu, a whopping 24 for Visor (only 2/5 matching poses, but I was quite unlucky with the girl redrafting) and finally 17 for Alban (he is a little harder for me being hardcore, as I should raise both know how and charm to heighten hardcore defense consistently).

Definitely, obtaining Any at the end of the first stage was an even greater stroke of luck than I thought. The difference between the initial and the latter champions, anyway, is far too exxagerated: it is absurd that one is able to clear stage 6-1 of Romero with only one ticket, while needing 17 to beat stage 1-1 of Alban. An increase in challenge from one champion to the following ones is one thing (that is also legit to expect). A jump above a fissure is entirely another, and the fact that the Champions are planned as a long term feature, IMHO, is not a sufficient excuse, in particular if one thinks that nothing hinders the devs from adding more champions in the future.

19 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

(he is a little harder for me being hardcore, as I should raise both know how and charm to heighten hardcore defense consistently).

Champion defences don't work the same as normal PVP. Defence against a champion of the same class as you just uses your value of that stat, not an average of the other two.

22 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Champion defences don't work the same as normal PVP. Defence against a champion of the same class as you just uses your value of that stat, not an average of the other two.

Were this reported in the patch notes? Not that I can affirm to have the greatest of memories, but as far as I can remember, it is the first time someone mentions this rule to me.

2 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Were this reported in the patch notes? Not that I can affirm to have the greatest of memories, but as far as I can remember, it is the first time someone mentions this rule to me.

No it was not. Kinkoid did not tell us anything of how offensive or defensive power was calculated in champions.

Actually, "we" have known that at least for attack and defense since the preview week on the test server...

Attack: Hero Main Stat Points + 1 * Main Stat Equipment Value + 5 * Girl's Main Stat Value
Defense: (Hero Def Stat Points + 2 * Def Stat Equipment Value + 1 * Girl's Def Stat Value) / 5

Main Stat = the player's class, Def Stat = the champion's class.

That was without club bonuses; I haven't worked up enough of an interest in the topic to re-check how those figure into the numbers, but I assume they apply in straight-forward fashion to both stat points and equipment.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

Actually, "we" have known that at least for attack and defense since the preview week on the test server...

Attack: Hero Main Stat Points + 1 * Main Stat Equipment Value + 5 * Girl's Main Stat Value
Defense: (Hero Def Stat Points + 2 * Def Stat Equipment Value + 1 * Girl's Def Stat Value) / 5

Main Stat = the player's class, Def Stat = the champion's class.

That was without club bonuses; I haven't worked up enough of an interest in the topic to re-check how those figure into the numbers, but I assume they apply in straight-forward fashion to both stat points and equipment.

And where did you post this 🤔 I certainly do not remember these, and usually I do.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

And where did you post this 🤔 I certainly do not remember these, and usually I do.

Since it was during the test server phase, somewhere on Discord, probably not in one single comment. As with another Champions-related issue, it didn't seem like people here (or there) were all that fussed about finding out how it works exactly, so I've seen little reason to (re)post the info.

Anyway, it really wasn't that difficult to figure out, so the very fact that I'm either the only one to do so or the only one to bother talking about it after two months is pretty strong evidence that nobody cared, wouldn't you agree? I did mention the part about defense getting 1/5'ed from the actual values on the forum previously, to no reaction.

Edited by _shal_