Patch notes 31/07/19 discussion

jelom

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Instead the free players have all the same opportunities they did in the past, plus small access to some other features, and paid players have access to new content that wasn't around before. The new champion feature doesn't take things away from the old content. 

It does impact the old content. In the Tower I am currently in (Sexpert II) we had nine players under level 120 and nine players over level 300 with 83 players between the two extremes. Under the older Champions system, I was able to move up 11 player levels by purchasing the "Hamlin package" and upgrading my legendary items via Champions. The new algorithms say new players will be unable to do this and will be very lucky to place above 60th. The changes made to the Tower system might negate some of what the new Champions system takes away. But since no one has played the new system out yet, it is challenging to say. 

• Thinking 1

I ended up with 314 points out of 15 battles. Most of them resulted in award ranges from 20-23.

I did battle one person with an ego of 36k against my 240k but didn't pay attention to what that award was.

This is the most silliest, wackiest point rating system I've ever encountered.

• Like 1

A few updates:
- The boundary for x health-based points appears to be x*10%-5% (with x≤10).
- If you lose, the message incorrectly says about getting points for your remaining ego.
- The amount of XP has not changed (loss gives 20% of XP).

For a close fight, the point difference between winning (15 points) and losing (13 points) is atypically small.  I understand that these are performances rather than battles, and the difference accurately reflects the closeness in performance, but let us see if a lot of players complain (and prefer say 20 points for winning).

It would be helpful to have a shortcut to quickly choose a recently used team. Currently, it is a hassle to switch teams (one-by-one from a large harem) between the league and the arena.  There is also sometimes a minor benefit to choosing the alpha based on your league opponent.

Edited by Dmytro
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jelom said:

If we thought that rushing was a thing of the past, we were definitely wrong. A player in my league has rushed ... and he is Charm!

I don't think anyone who actually put thought into it would think rushing would stop. All it does is remove rushing as the way to win.

Even in D1, there is one player (HC) that rushed in my league. 100 players, which means 297 fights. ended 6439 points, with an average of 21.68 pts per fight, assuming he's done all his fights.

If he doesn't win, he will end up with a net deficit in kobans.

Is there a way to see how many fights a player has already attempted? There are other players in the league that have a higher average now (in the 23+ range average), if I assume that they spent only their first 15 tokens.

8 minutes ago, jelom said:

If we thought that rushing was a thing of the past, we were definitely wrong. A player in my league has rushed ... and he is Charm!

6 minutes ago, Zamio said:

Is there a way to see how many fights a player has already attempted? There are other players in the league that have a higher average now (in the 23+ range average), if I assume that they spent only their first 15 tokens.

Nope. Enjoy guessing

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, windia said:

I think, the overall motto is:

prediction is for pussies...

Especially with this new system. Now your score for your fight is utterly random. You can win the same guy clearly in one fight with 100k ego margin and then win or even lose the next fight against the same guy. 

20 hours ago, Dmytro said:

A few updates:
- The boundary for x health-based points appears to be x*10%-5% (with x≤10).

I've received 4 bonus points for as little as 30.5% remaining ego, so until proven otherwise (a zero bonus points win would do it) I daresay it rounds up everything.

~1% remaining ego (test server, but probably makes no difference):

image.png.64be81afafda11cf1fdce19733d4e302.png

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I've received 4 bonus points for as little as 30.5% remaining ego, so until proven otherwise (a zero bonus points win would do it) I daresay it rounds up everything.

I trust you are right, though this contradicts the patch notes, which rounds down 24% to 2 points.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:10 PM, Urist said:

So, after beating an opponent starting with 219283 ego and finishing with 241211 ego got me 25 points. That was 109.999863% of my starting ego, so still unclear if it's rounding down.

Sounds to me like it's capped at 100%

24 minutes ago, MageBlaze said:

What are the ticket items i'm getting? i cant find them anywhere to know what to do with them?

they are for the champion feature, you can find it in the middle of your playing screen 😃

On 8/2/2019 at 5:46 AM, Dmytro said:

I trust you are right, though this contradicts the patch notes, which rounds down 24% to 2 points.

Yep the experience confirms it now: The conversion from remaining ego to points always rounds up. So the "critical" mass you need to get more points is X0.1% remaining ego (e.g. 00.1%, 10.1%, 20.1%, 30.1% etc.). That also means you can never ever score 15 points in one fight, since you'll always have at least 00.1% ego remaining when winning...

Edited by Z-Wave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, fap.titans.gra said:

I think that now the league is very unbalanced, and it did not solve the rashing anyway, but I'm glad the creator is doing something with the league, because I could never get up at 4am to rash.

well, like I already said on another topic, you still have to get up, if you want to win the league, but instead of rushing it's finishing in the last seconds before league completion. So no changes in this point. Maybe it's even worse, because you need some time to calculate if a win is possible or not.

Edited by blaa

2 hours ago, blaa said:

well, like I already said on another topic, you still have to get up, if you want to win the league, but instead of rushing it's finishing in the last seconds before league completion. So no changes in this point. Maybe it's even worse, because you need some time to calculate if a win is possible or not. 

even if it is not possible to win, you still have to fight for xp and points, now just the player class (KH, HC, CH) counts and buffs.
You do not have any negative points when you lose

Edited by fap.titans.gra

9 hours ago, fap.titans.gra said:

I think that now the league is very unbalanced, and it did not solve the rashing anyway, but I'm glad the creator is doing something with the league, because I could never get up at 4am to rash.

2 hours ago, blaa said:

I disagree with both statements. Because in my experience
- rushing has become much less now
- those who rush can't guarantee their win (it's even more likely they lose their pole position since the conditions aren't optimal for every opponent in the beginning)
- You only have to get up early if you really want to wait until the last second or don't miss the first snapshot in the new season or the few free tokens in the morning. It's not mandatory like before, you can easily sleep now and still win the league because now it's a marathon an not a sprint anymore.

However, I agree the league is yet far from balanced. I like the direction KK is taking a lot (fight me 😉) and I'm taking this system over the old one any time! The flaws so far are that we're missing predictability (solvable with fought/won/loss stats on every player), CH is hugely put at disadvantage and the point system is confusing (the illogical rounding mechanism is just the icing on the cake).

All in all I love the new update that allows for decently equipped players to win against rushing whales in their respective leagues now (given patience and the right strategy). I have yet to discover huge flaws that make it less enjoyable, especially compared to the old system where scripting or account sharing could guarantee an unfair victory.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Z-Wave said:

I disagree with both statements. Because in my experience
- rushing has become much less now
- those who rush can't guarantee their win (it's even more likely they lose their pole position since the conditions aren't optimal for every opponent in the beginning)
- You only have to get up early if you really want to wait until the last second or don't miss the first snapshot in the new season or the few free tokens in the morning. It's not mandatory like before, you can easily sleep now and still win the league because now it's a marathon an not a sprint anymore.

However, I agree the league is yet far from balanced. I like the direction KK is taking a lot (fight me 😉) and I'm taking this system over the old one any time! The flaws so far are that we're missing predictability (solvable with fought/won/loss stats on every player), CH is hugely put at disadvantage and the point system is confusing (the illogical rounding mechanism is just the icing on the cake).

All in all I love the new update that allows for decently equipped players to win against rushing whales in their respective leagues now (given patience and the right strategy). I have yet to discover huge flaws that make it less enjoyable, especially compared to the old system where scripting or account sharing could guarantee an unfair victory. 

What you disagree with? you confirmed everything I wrote :D

think that now the league is very unbalanced: " I agree the league is yet far from balanced"
and it did not solve the rashing anyway : "rushing has become much less now" - that is, it did not solve the problem. Just fewer players are rashing but this is not true depending on the league.

Anyway, I'm not interested in the rash, just the balance of the game, because when the balance of the game is right, rashing will not be profitable, or it will not matter, because better players will achieve a better result anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fap.titans.gra said:

What you disagree with? you confirmed everything I wrote :D

I could almost say the same, at least it does not contradict what I said

If you wanted to, you could also get your sleep in the old system. A few tokens left could also mean that you still have the chance to win a league (and i already did that (but S3)) and if you want to be sure you win the league you have to wake up early to confirm you are still on the number one place because you never know how many fights number 2 still has left (and is using them 1 minute before the end of the league). As far as I see it, if you want a win for sure, you have to wake up early - in this reagard it's 100% like the old system.

By the way, i liked the old way better, because if I have to wake up early, at least I want to know for sure that I have won (or that I have failed (happend also a few times unfortunately) and not thinking the whole week (or at least regulary check if I probably still have the chance to win at the end) about my finishing place

We are al same opinioned that the league should be more balanced. But to say the new system is more balanced than the old system is not more than a feeling (because it suits you better), facts say other things. =D

the new system is even more unbalanced, because the player classes are even more visible.

now you can see% ego lost with each and win with each, so KH will always dominate and CH will always lose ( on equal levels of players ), because dmg is similar but the skill is different.
CH and HC have to win in the first round to get 25 points, which is unlikely, while KH can win in the 3rd round and still have even more EGO than at the beginning. 
I do not like to race and get up at 4am to take 1 place, so I will not say that I prefer the old system more or prefer a new system.The old system was more balanced, but less fair for everyone. 

The old system was won by players who boosted and rash about the reset.
The new system will be won by the boost players (whole week, or only 1 day and rash) and about the appropriate class and player level.  Players who have 20 levels less but are KH will always be much higher in the table than CH players.  The new system simply created a large unbalanced class. The conditions for winning have changed, because now not only the win counts.