Patch Notes 19/12/19 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

Il y a 22 heures, GeorgeMTO a dit :

A girl on the Final Fantasy Villain named Bolt. HH isn't subtle. It's most likely Lightning.

I know the character that's why I said that besides names are really far away on HH nowadays, she does not have a single part of her body similar to lighthning farron besided i'm sure i'm almost i've seen this character before on rule34 or something

Edited by fenronin

8 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Sarcasm translates really bad to text. And it probably shouldn't be used in a situation where people are annoyed by someone else.

Yes. My bad. Also, now I can see that I phrased it really poorly. I explained it and hope it helps to understand that I didn't mean to offend any of you. @Chthugha , @GeorgeMTO I'm sorry.

Now, back to theme. Hima. There were a lot of different and unexpected sex themes in this game. But using building as a dildo is certainly my new favourite. It's brave enough.

• Like 1

Okay, so thanks to shal's screenshots earlier in this thread (and further confirmation in game once this went live), we now know that Tier 2 only has its dedicated girl to drop, even if you haven't completed all Tier 1 girls for this villain (presumably by this logic, Tier 3 should only offer the Tier 3 girl and not the one from Tier 2, even if it's unfinished).

Now, the remaining question I have is this:

639289962_HHTier2PlusEvent.thumb.png.74998911a07f1c132d028f833a06f4d6.png

What drop range will be used for the event girl, here? The normal event-related one (1-5), or the "ALL Tier 2 drops" one (1-4)? I didn't get any drop higher than 3 so far, so I can't tell. Has anyone received 5 shards for the event girl in this situation?

11 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

What drop range will be used for the event girl, here? The normal event-related one (1-5), or the "ALL Tier 2 drops" one (1-4)? I didn't get any drop higher than 3 so far, so I can't tell. Has anyone received 5 shards for the event girl in this situation?

It is logical to assume that girls in epic days will drop 1-5 shards irrespective of the boss tier you are actually using and the tier 2 or tier 3 girl will have 1-4, just as the tier 1 girls have a shard range different from the epic days girl.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dunno if anyone of you guys already obtained any shards for the new girls, but to make a try I'm playing Epic Days with Sugu on Roko Sensei at Tier 2. Up to now I fought 55 battles and gathered 11 shards for Sugu, but not a single drop for Hima. So that means that either I started with an unlucky streak about Hima or the drop rate in Tier 2 and above is absurdly low.

21 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Dunno if anyone of you guys already obtained any shards for the new girls, but to make a try I'm playing Epic Days with Sugu on Roko Sensei at Tier 2. Up to now I fought 55 battles and gathered 11 shards for Sugu, but not a single drop for Hima. So that means that either I started with an unlucky streak about Hima or the drop rate in Tier 2 and above is absurdly low.

I've gotten shards for both Akhates (13) and Selene (18) on Dark Lord's Tier 2, so far.

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

I've gotten shards for both Akhates (13) and Selene (18) on Dark Lord's Tier 2, so far.

Mmm... even considering that it is quite normal that the later bosses are stingier on drops, I hope to have crashed into an unlucky streak, as if it is normal for Roko Tier 2 to not have obtained a single shard in a day of tries, non-kobans using players will need ages to obtain Hima, and kobans-using players will need tens of thousands of kobans to make her drop.

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

non-kobans using players will need ages to obtain Hima, and kobans-using players will need tens of thousands of kobans to make her drop.

1/ I'm pretty sure you're the only "non-koban using player" this game has. ^^

2/ Nah, I've gotten plenty of shards from the Tier 2 girl and the event girl while fighting Donatien. You just had a bad streak, which over 55 fights isn't significant.

3/ Unless there's a mighty bug on this specific girl's drop rate (and we would likely see more complaints coming by now if there was), I don't think so. So far I've spent 2,968 kobans on this event (17 refills, would have amounted to roughly 3,200 without the -10% discount), which got me a full girl and 28% of the next one already. And I didn't get a x100 or anything, I even had many 1-shard drops in the process. That's a fair bit better than the expected average for this event format (I think it's around 20-ish refills per girl), so I've had a good run overall, but still. During the previous Epic Days (which was the first one for me), I got 2 full girls for 5,149 kobans total, which is still less than what either of them costs in the Pachinko (and I mean the good one).

Epic Days are just an awesome opportunity for us koban-spending players. ^^ We get to catch EP girls at a fraction of the regular price, and specific ones that we can decide to go for or not, to boot! Aside from Orgy Days and probably some of the famous Anniversary events that were before my time, or maybe a particularly favorable MP rotation for one's specific collection, this is the best value for kobans there is, at least when it comes to acquiring non-map girls.

For you, with only your 200-ish free fights to work with, it's entirely possible to catch one girl, but it's about as likely to end up with something like 70% of her. But it's not an event problem, it's a your strategy problem. These events are definitely designed to give the best results to players who saved a good amount of kobans for them. That's true of almost all events in this game, except for the classic 12-day new event each month, but short events with tons of contents like this one even more so. It's just a core part of the game's economy. Choosing to ignore it, unsurprisingly, doesn't help you doing well on them.

Good luck, have fun in any case. 😃

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Observer_X said:

If we assume that tier 2 and 3 girls have the same drop rate as tier 1 girls for the same boss, then Hima will have a 5-6% drop rate. So 55 battles without drops is a bad streak, but not uncommon. Be positive and just think that those battles didn't went to waste as you got 11 shards for Sugu. :D

• Like 1

So far:

22.5 x 20 battles (43xx kobans worth) to drop Sugu (Roko) + 56 on Hima.

12 x 20 battles (23xx kobans worth) to drop Selene (my buddy Dark Lord) + 58 on Akhates.

6700ish kobans for 2 girls, plus more than two half girls, plus a bunch of tickets, plus boosting DL and Roko's payouts, plus Selene was girl #200. Another great event for me. Kinkoid is batting about 1/3 for great events lately.

That is all the multi-tier bosses with event girls for me so I am on to Bass (Silvanus) (single tier). I have got about 8K kobans left I am willing to spend. If Bass goes well I will try for Kyoto as well otherwise just be happy with the 3 + 1/2 + 1/2.

• Like 3

Given the last posts, and the fact that around the 70th combativity spent i had 2 consecutive drops on Hima for 6 shards total (but nothing on Sugu in the entire 20 combativity bar I emptied), I suppose it's more likely I have started with an unlucky streak on Hima. I suppose I was paying the two lucky 100 drops I had on Lee Lee and Chiba in the last ten days.

@DvDivXXX, do not fear: I am well aware that, since the introduction of the attraction feature, for me Epic Days and Legendary days event are reduced to gather a bunch of shards, waiting for the occasional lucky 100, and then the next occasion (the next two or even three in case of Legendary Days) with the same girls, as far as that will be. I have a small consolation in the fact that prior to the introduction of the attraction feature, I had my super lucky moment in one of the first Epic Days, when in four days I obtained five of the six epic girls available (and I was not super interested in the remaining one).

Edited by Observer_X
forgot second part
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 1:43 AM, Observer_X said:

Mmm... even considering that it is quite normal that the later bosses are stingier on drops, I hope to have crashed into an unlucky streak, as if it is normal for Roko Tier 2 to not have obtained a single shard in a day of tries, non-kobans using players will need ages to obtain Hima, and kobans-using players will need tens of thousands of kobans to make her drop.

Is it really a bad thing?

I mean, anyone would prefer the event girl to drop first since she's timed. Besides the higher level the more gold you get. As usual, take it slowly and be patient.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 1

Has anyone got more than 4 shards on Donatien during the current Orgy Days?

Not sure whether I should go back to Tier 1.. the patch notes is unclear. 

"For Tier 2, all affection's win will be from 1 to 4"

It doesn't say whether it's for their boss girl and event girls will have their normal drop rate according to the event type. I remember Orgy days has the same drop rate as revivals (1-12)

I got 2 drops (1 and 2) this morning and just wondering whether it's a coincidence....

Edited by Zamio

6 minutes ago, Zamio said:

It doesn't say whether it's for their boss girl and event girls will have their normal drop rate according to the event type. I remember Orgy days has the same drop rate as revivals (1-12)

I got 2 drops (1 and 2) this morning and just wondering whether it's a coincidence....

Its a coincidence. My first drop of shards for Holiday was a 12. Same as we had 5s occur during Epic Days a few days ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zamio said:

I can confirm this too. 5 shards on tier 2 during Epic days and 9 shards on tier 2 now, during Orgy Days. Not 12, but still enough to believe the drop amount is correct.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zamio said:

Also a 9 shard drop on tier 2 here, though on Dark Lord for me.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Zamio said:

The moment I write this I am at 38/100 on Holiday (definitely above the average, although I started the Orgy days at 5:00am with a full combativity bar) and at 12/100 on Xia. I could see this as a compensation, as I started the last Epic days with an unlucky streak or more or less 65 tries before a shard drop.

I like the new system and I've managed to obtain Akhates already.  However, before I continue can anyone please tell me who this odd-looking girl is?

image.png.b000071454b8753b3f28dffc51d81ea4.png

As you can tell, she is attached to Donathien and seems to be available.  In Tier 1 she is on her own and in Tier 2 she's paired with Xia.  I'm wondering if she's a practice run for the artist because she is badly drawn by any standards.  I can't find any description of her anywhere.

I like the new system.  For ages I've had to put up with a lousy 3,500 in cash from Dark Lord to try for (say) Winter Agate and never see any cash improvement.  Now I can get up to 8,500 (does it top that?).  Now that I have Akhates in Peregrine Took I can move onto the next option, or try for that hottie, Esperance, when DL reaches lvl 80.  Lately,  HH had tried to introduce a fairer system for advanced players by placing girls with (say) Roko or Jackson's Crew, but this was no good either because it meant newbies missed out.  The new system is a win-win for all it seems.

However, it's a total discombobulation and the new system distracted me from clearing out the girls from Jackson's Crew in every account.  As such, though, I'm close to getting Akhates in one other account and within reach of Hima in two others.

In this regard, I notice that the drop rate for these girls seems consistent for the villain she's attached to.  For example, the drop rate for Akhates is quite high and seems to match (say) Kimie, Sheheramazond or Arcana, but the drop rate declines as one goes up the ladder.  While I have Akhates already in one account and she's at x78 in another, Hima is at x48 in one account and x42 in another - all for the same playing time.  As for Balista, her drop rate is terrible and comparable to the other girls from Jackson's Crew.  I did read a formula for the drop rates for each villain, but I can't put my hand on it from the notes.

For some of these girls there is a definite familiarity, most blatantly with Akhates.  With Finalmecia we have Bolt.  Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is she the girl we first met in Trapped City (Plain of Rituals)?  She was fucking a dark girl so that the gorgeous girl in a lime green dress could invoke her summoning powers when she was sufficiently aroused.  If I'm right, and it's true from the Discord that HH intend to eventually introduce new tiers (and presumably a third tier to Finalmecia) then I hope it's that summoner.  With all the new girls there's a continuity with the villain they are attached to.  For instance, Xia is a shinigami.

Just to reply to the person criticising the new introduction for penalising more advanced players, as someone who has six accounts I can vividly remember what it was like to start from the beginning.  For newbie newbies, it would seem okay because it's all they know, just as it was for me when I started Peckerbird, but having been down that track it's not much fun with few girls to pay out cash, hardly any decent equipment that is affordable and having to cope with only common and rare gifts and books for quite some time until one levels up.  One sees all those greyed-out and locked worlds that are beyond reach for what seems an eternity.  I can also appreciate in hindsight why so many event girls were placed with Dark Lord, Ninja Spy and Gruntt.  This may annoy advanced players who have to put up with low cash payouts from event performances, but it gives the newbies a chance to try for these girls.  With the new system, at least the more advanced players now have a chance to try for new girls and get extra cash, especially for those annoyed by the offering of a glut of common and rare books from Jackson's Crew (even when they are at lvl 350).

The word 'balance' was used in the Patch Notes and it's a term I agree with.  Yeah, I like this system and it is fair.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
edit text
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I like the new system and I've managed to obtain Akhates already.  However, before I continue can anyone please tell me who this odd-looking girl is?

image.png.b000071454b8753b3f28dffc51d81ea4.png

As you can tell, she is attached to Donathien and seems to be available.  In Tier 1 she is on her own and in Tier 2 she's paired with Xia.  I'm wondering if she's a practice run for the artist because she is badly drawn by any standards.  I can't find any description of her anywhere.

I like the new system.  For ages I've had to put up with a lousy 3,500 in cash from Dark Lord to try for (say) Winter Agate and never see any cash improvement.  Now I can get up to 8,500 (does it top that?).  Now that I have Akhates in Peregrine Took I can move onto the next option, or try for that hottie, Esperance, when DL reaches lvl 80.  Lately,  HH had tried to introduce a fairer system for advanced players by placing girls with (say) Roko or Jackson's Crew, but this was no good either because it meant newbies missed out.  The new system is a win-win for all it seems.

However, it's a total discombobulation and the new system distracted me from clearing out the girls from Jackson's Crew in every account.  As such, though, I'm close to getting Akhates in one other account and within reach of Hima in two others.

In this regard, I notice that the drop rate for these girls seems consistent for the villain she's attached to.  For example, the drop rate for Akhates is quite high and seems to match (say) Kimie, Sheheramazond or Arcana, but the drop rate declines as one goes up the ladder.  While I have Akhates already in one account and she's at x78 in another, Hima is at x48 in one account and x42 in another - all for the same playing time.  As for Balista, her drop rate is terrible and comparable to the other girls from Jackson's Crew.  I did read a formula for the drop rates for each villain, but I can't put my hand on it from the notes.

For some of these girls there is a definite familiarity, most blatantly with Akhates.  With Finalmecia we have Bolt.  Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is she the girl we first met in Trapped City (Plain of Rituals)?  She was fucking a dark girl so that the gorgeous girl in a lime green dress could invoke her summoning powers when she was sufficiently aroused.  If I'm right, and it's true from the Discord that HH intend to eventually introduce new tiers (and presumably a third tier to Finalmecia) then I hope it's that summoner.  With all the new girls there's a continuity with the villain they are attached to.  For instance, Xia is a shinigami.

Just to reply to the person criticising the new introduction for penalising more advanced players, as someone who has six accounts I can vividly remember what it was like to start from the beginning.  For newbie newbies, it would seem okay because it's all they know, just as it was for me when I started Peckerbird, but having been down that track it's not much fun with few girls to pay out cash, hardly any decent equipment that is affordable and having to cope with only common and rare gifts and books for quite some time until one levels up.  One sees all those greyed-out and locked worlds that are beyond reach for what seems an eternity.  I can also appreciate in hindsight why so many event girls were placed with Dark Lord, Ninja Spy and Gruntt.  This may annoy advanced players who have to put up with low cash payouts from event performances, but it gives the newbies a chance to try for these girls.  With the new system, at least the more advanced players now have a chance to try for new girls and get extra cash, especially for those annoyed by the offering of a glut of common and rare books from Jackson's Crew (even when they are at lvl 350).

The word 'balance' was used in the Patch Notes and it's a term I agree with.  Yeah, I like this system and it is fair.

The event tab has a scroll bar... there are more than 6 girls 😉

The concept of villain tiers is really, really great. In the long run, this makes boss fights more valuable during events, and it extends the regular game's durability by a lot, in a way that's fun and compelling in my opinion. I love the idea, and I genuinely think it improves the game in a meaningful way. Thanks for that, Kinkoid!

However, there are two issues I'd like to point out about this concept's initial implementation (long term, I know they plan on adding tiers to all villains, so in a year or two this won't matter anymore, but it does right now):

1/ If you're going to start with just a handful of bosses, why these?

• Dark Lord: great. Super early game, fantastic and the obvious first choice, I agree.
  • Donatien: good. Early-ish mid game, used for events often enough that it's still a decent pick.
  • Finalmecia: questionable. Deep into the mid game, unreachable for most newer players, and didn't really "punish" veterans during events.
  • Roko Sensei: very bad. Already an early late game boss, super grindy to begin with, and definitely out of reach for newer players.
  • Jackson’s Crew: ridiculously bad. Extremely late game boss, extremely grindy in the first place. It's arguably a bad idea to extend this boss' grind even for most veterans...

The obvious, most logical choices should have been exactly:

• Dark Lord (well done!)
  • Ninja Spy (you missed the mark)
  • Gruntt (you missed the mark)
  • Edwarda (you missed the mark)
  • Donatien (hey! you got two out of five right... except that this one was nowhere near as much of a priority as the previous three...)

This is especially apparent because you placed event girls on the early game bosses who still suck, for both events we've had since this feature was added. Spending kobans for pocket change on Ninja Spy in order to get Kyoto during Epic Days was more frustrating than usual because of this. In the current Orgy Days event, now that I'm done fighting Dark Lord for Agate, I have a choice between farming the atrociously designed Holiday on a good boss, and farming actually good girls on the new weakest bosses in the game... Had you distributed the new tiers in the order that made the most sense, as listed above, both of those events would have been much more enjoyable.

2/ Why make the Tier 2 girls 3-star epics?

This might look flashy at first glance, like "oh! nice, they're giving us free epics!" but knowing the game mechanics, it's just about the least useful they could have been as regular map girls, for most if not all players. 3-star epics aren't good enough for a battle team, not even in the early game. Epics also cost a lot to upgrade but don't give a better income than lower rarities.

I'm going to make two separate lists of what I think would have been more useful, one with more work required, and another with the same amount of work (while still being realistic, I don't expect them to be on par with the best of the best either).

With more dev work required (2 extra poses and affection scenes per girl):

1. Five-star Starter girls. Dirt cheap to upgrade, a great income boost, and a great pick for an early-game battle team.
  2. Five-star Common girls. Cheap to upgrade, a great income boost, and a great pick for an early-game battle team.
  3. Five-star Rare girls. Not too expensive to upgrade, great income boost, and a great pick for an early/mid-game battle team.
  4. Five-star Epic girls. Very expensive to upgrade, but a fantastic investment for an early/mid-game battle team.

Without any additional work required on the devs' end:

1. Three-star Starter girls. Dirt cheap to upgrade, good income boost.
  2. Three-star Common girls. Cheap to upgrade, good income boost.
  3. Three-star Rare girls. Not too expensive to upgrade, good income boost.

That's about it. I can see that the plan seems to be for Tier 3 girls to be 3-star Legendary girls, which is much more useful than 3-star Epics, although reaching them will probably require playing long enough that you might no longer need them for your battle team by the time you get them (I'm mostly saying this with early-game bosses and newer players in mind, here, so only Dark Lord so far). Anyone can benefit from more 3-star Legendaries in the long run, though, if only for Champions (whereas 3-star Epics... not so much).

Again, the idea is still great in and of itself, and at least Dark Lord's upgrade is a big improvement already. I just think the initial launch of this feature could have been done better with little to no extra work required. Here's hoping that the next villains to get extra tiers will be the relevant ones, and that perhaps you'll reconsider the usefulness of 3-star Epics on the map. Thanks for your time, and for designing and implementing this great feature, even if it's not ideal yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

The obvious, most logical choices should have been exactly: (...)

Strong disagree. There are tons of players at the end of the game story who didn't have any meaningful target for villain battles once the latest world's villains are taken care of. That can comprise 10+ days per month since these players typically also don't have much to do during revivals. I'd much rather battle the likes of Finalmecia during that time than Ninja spy. Starting off the tiers with three low and three high villain tiers was perfectly fine.

(Also, if you don't think Donatien should have been a priority, you may want to reconsider once you've seen the next three events...)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1