The Foreplay - 14-19 January

Karyia

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

It should be a great event for who has tons of kobans, since you don't have much time to go after all the girls without it. 

For people managing kobans, not so much. Only time for one, maybe two girls if lucky, given the shard rate.

But hey, at least there's that option! Worse if there wasn't, right?

There's 9 girls on event pachinko, all the ones that are not attached to a boss ;)  Edit: Unless you already have all the others?! 😅

you have a point there, for newer players it would be easier to get a girl in a revival event, they even could get a few kobans to save them for the next legendary days (if kk follows their usual cicle (which obviously isnt very predictable)).

But:

- now, even newer players have the chance to get 14 girls - and 5 on villans (before 2 on villians, and if you are playing this game more than a year, you most like already have them)

- the kobans you could gain in a revival event are so less that they probably wont make a difference in the next event

- you get girls who werent before on a villian (in a revival you would have got the same as last year)

- to the kobans: HH is one of the few games I know where you get so much ingame currency for free, just as an example, I am playing for almost two years (May 18) and participated in almost every event (which means I got all the villian and mission girls, sure a lot of them with refills, but still, I have all 5 star legendarys, etc. pp.) and play very actively in league, contests, etc.

Athe moment I have a little bit over 27k kobans on nutaku (which makes over 160k on HH) - to be fair, I was an f2p player until a few months ago, where I bought the monthly card for two or three months and one or two world bundles (even so I didnt really needed them, not sure why I did it, but thats probably how marketing goes ...), if you want you can put 4k or 5k away, but there's still a lot of them

and honestly, I dont think this is so much, if you consider there are players who won d3 over 20 times (which makes alone over 300 000 HH kobans) 

unfortunately I was to stupid to play the first 3/4 epic days because I thought the 3rd anniversary would be amazing and saved up the kobans for a big rush

edit: what's even better, the epic/legendary girls you can get on the villians arent regular epic pachinko girls (which makes the event even better than epic days and there you also have a good reason for the lower drop rate)

edit2: It sounds like I am total fanboy, i am not, but this is for sure one of the better events in the last time, could even be my favourite

edit3: yeah, I have all the other girls since they were villian girls before, I guess

Edited by blaa

Kathy is now available for rescue on Karole, as annonced (but she was only available in Pachinko until a few minutes ago). They appear to have fixed it.

Edit: Not that it changes much for me, since I'm very far from unlocking the world that gives access to Karole anyway. ^^

Edited by DvDivXXX

11 minutes ago, blaa said:

you have a point there, for newer players it would be easier to get a girl in a revival event, they even could get a few kobans to save them for the next legendary days (if kk follows their usual cicle (which obviously isnt very predictable)).

But:

- now, even newer players have the chance to get 14 girls - and 5 on villans (before 2 on villians, and if you are playing this game more than a year, you most like already have them)

- the kobans you could gain in a revival event are so less that they probably wont make a difference in the next event

- you get girls who werent before on a villian (in a revival you would have got the same as last year)

- to the kobans: HH is one of the few games I know where you get so much ingame currency for free, just as an example, I am playing for almost two years (May 18) and participated in almost every event (which means I got all the villian and mission girls, sure a lot of them with refills, but still, I have all 5 star legendarys, etc. pp.) and play very actively in league, contests, etc.

Athe moment I have a little bit over 27k kobans on nutaku (which makes over 160k on HH) - to be fair, I was an f2p player until a few months ago, where I bought the monthly card for two or three months and one or two world bundles (even so I didnt really needed them, not sure why I did it, but thats probably how marketing goes ...), if you want you can put 4k or 5k away, but there's still a lot of them

and honestly, I dont think this is so much, if you consider there are players who won d3 over 20 times (which makes alone over 300 000 HH kobans) 

unfortunately I was to stupid to play the first 3/4 epic days because I thought the 3rd anniversary would be amazing and saved up the kobans for a big rush

edit: what's even better, the epic/legendary girls you can get on the villians arent regular epic pachinko girls (which makes the event even better than epic days and there you also have a good reason for the lower drop rate)

edit2: It sounds like I am total fanboy, i am not, but this is for sure one of the better events in the last time, could even be my favourite

edit3: yeah, I have all the other girls since they were villian girls before, I guess

I see your point but I don't fully agree.

If you mean, newer players have a shot at 14 different girls, fair enough, they do. Get 14? No way! 😅

Agree with the rest. Mainly the free kobans given BUT... they won't make much difference if the shard/drop rates are very low. Because you'll need either refills or some mix of long term playing or pachinko use to get them. Also, bear in mind that there's LOTS of girls... for newer players, sometimes they get less girls than new ones are appearing lol And there's always the unlocked worlds thing. Newer players sometimes don't even have access to several of them.

The key I think is that... a balance between the kobans you get and the shard/drop rates, so that it's "manageable" to keep going after girls while having enough kobans to do so. Of course, the longer you play the game, the more kobans AND girls you should be getting, so it's also a matter of keep playing enough :)

Nothing against the new event, I actually like that they try new stuff (mix and match, so it's not always the same) but from my part, I'll probably have a chance/shot at the only legendary I have available (Kaliko, it's even my class so...!), which will definitely cost a bit and certainly time and IF there's enough time, then maybe another girl. My main goal is getting a 5 star legendary, so I can't quite lose sight of that. And I don't have the resources to use pachinkos lol

I also know that it's VERY hard to satisfy both sides, new and "old" players, so it will never be perfect for everyone unless it becomes stupidly easy to grab lots of girls 🤣

Anyway, good luck over there, enjoy the "hunt"! 👌

22 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Nothing against the new event, I actually like that they try new stuff (mix and match, so it's not always the same) but from my part, I'll probably have a chance/shot at the only legendary I have available (Kaliko, it's even my class so...!), which will definitely cost a bit and certainly time and IF there's enough time, then maybe another girl. My main goal is getting a 5 star legendary, so I can't quite lose sight of that. And I don't have the resources to use pachinkos lol

makes perfect sense, I also would go for a 5star legendary, it's the best thing you can get if you want to progress pvp-wise - it sounds that you are really new to the game, so sure, just skip a few girls, they will eventually come another day again

and just to be transparent, I still havent all the regular girls from the villians, still one girl on bremen for instance, and, of course, all three on pandora bitch - since they wont run away I dont bother to spend too much time for them, if there's a chance to win a contest or get another girl, which only appears for a few days

to the kobans: I got lucky that I started in 2018, so I got to a reasonable level when the leagues started - without the leagues  there werent so much kobans, and also not so much fun, but for a newer player the leagues really suck - the reward is too low in comparison to the things higher lvl players get

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

This is certainly an excellent event but it's clear that we are going towards the total annihilation of free players with these bad drops.

In a month we have just the 12-day event where you can take 2 girls without spending kobans (but it's not even said, one is perhaps guaranteed, the second not always), then this event and the epic/legendary days and in these events you have to spend, and you have to spend much more than what you earn as f2p. If you also put an Orgy at the end, it's clear that a new player will NEVER be able to keep up with all the events.

This means that those who are now entering the game have 2 options:

Or take the events as a showcase in which to see several girls pass without being able to get them (and he will be in a situation where he will get really bored).

Or start spending now, and for what reason would he have to spend in a game that he still doesn't know if he likes or not?!

I believe that an event makes sense only if at least one girl can be taken with normal combativity, if for every event you have to spend, it becomes a very dangerous vicious circle that can lead to disaffection (unless the same girls may return in more events in less than a year away, such as in the mythic pachinko, in which case you can also think not to spend on every event but it would still be an extremely long path to walk on).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

This is certainly an excellent event but it's clear that we are going towards the total annihilation of free players with these bad drops. (...)

I see where you're coming from, and I partially agree, but I have a slightly different perspective. This isn't a great event in my opinion, because of the 1-4 shard drop range, which makes it slightly less expensive per girl than a Legendary Days event and slightly more than an Epic Days event. Considering the pool of girls available in this Foreplay event is made from a seemingly-random selection of formerly pachinko-exclusive event girls (except for Kathy, permanent epic pachinko exclusive, but that one is only available to veterans anyway), this isn't as great of an opportunity as LD or ED events. It would be a great event, just like both Orgy Days were so far, if the shard drop range was 1-12 as for revivals, or at the very least something more affordable like 1-6 or maybe 1-8. As it stands, and especially considering that there are other, probably more interesting events coming next, this one is not worth spending too much kobans on.

And I don't think this applies only to F2P or newer players, who must keep their small koban reserve close to the chest if they want a chance to get progress smoothly in this game. I have a fairly decent koban reserve right now, but I'm not willing to deplete it for this particular event, and risk being short-stacked on the upcoming LD and/or OD events. The girls available here are pretty nice, and technically unavailable outside of pachinko before, but they're not must-have either (especially if you're KH like I am, since they selected 2 HC and 3 CH, but 0 KH). They're expecting us to spend roughly as much on these as we usually do on 5-star Legendaries or permanent Epic Pachinko girls, and that's simply not a good enough deal compared to most other events.

You need to pick your battles to achieve long-term success in this game (unless you're a mega-whale and can buy everything by default, of course, but then there's no strategy left, so it doesn't matter). It's even more crucial if you're F2P or a on a small budget, but I think it's important for any player with a strategic approach. This isn't a battle worth fighting (much) for, with that combination of girl pool, duration and shard drop range. At most, I'll spend enough to get 2 girls, but probably just the one, unless I get pretty lucky, and I'm fine with that.

• Like 3

It is difficult to find a balance to satisfy all players - those who have been playing 3 years and those who just start now, as all of them play by the same rules, at the same events, but with vastly different opportunities.

But I agree that we did not really need another format where free combativity gives you around 60 shards for one girl, unless you are very lucky.
There are Legendary Days and Epic Days where you know you have to spend to get anything at all, and now another event like that.

Any new event formats would need to give at least one girl for free, practically guaranteed.
Foreplay would work with 1-6 shard drops, meaning that most players would get one free girl in five days and unlucky ones would have to refill 1-2-3 times.

Luckier players would get one girl and be at 15-30 shards for another, encouraging them to refill for the remaining amount.
Now most of the players will be at 60-80 shards at the end of the event and will only refill that. Most will be too unhappy with shard drops to get a second girl with 100% refills.

Me thinks the ladies protest too much. When was it ever the idea of these events to get ALL the girls available. They will return again, and again, and again... you get the point. This kind of event gives you the opportunity as a free player to get a girl from the pachinko for a discount. Now either you take that opportunity and grab the girl you like the most, or you can get all mopey because you are a greedy bastard who wants everything for free. This is the main difference between veterans and relatively new players. You haven't played the game when it was really bad to get these kind of girls. You have the chance to get one in yet another kind of event. Take it or leave it. Don't complain about what is not there, but rejoice what is there. It is a long-term game after all. I really think people have their expectations set way too high. And when you are up high it is hard to see the beauty down below.

• Like 7

I think the difference is that in the beginning there was a limited pool of girls and I fully understand the need to keep things interesting and difficult, so that the whole server did not get all of the new girls at once.

Now there are hundreds and hundreds of girls, they release 10+ new ones every month and even the most committed players are unable to keep up. There is a huge glut of girls, there is no danger of running out anymore and really no need to treat every single girl as someone über-special.

It seems that the danger now is that those who attempt to collect all/most of the girls will give up because they see they won't even get half of the new ones and are falling more and more behind every month.

• Like 3

@DvDivXXX I really don't understand where our points of view differ, it seems to me that we said the same things, but ok.

Anyway:

1 ora fa, Chthugha ha scritto:

Me thinks the ladies protest too much. When was it ever the idea of these events to get ALL the girls available. They will return again, and again, and again... you get the point. This kind of event gives you the opportunity as a free player to get a girl from the pachinko for a discount. Now either you take that opportunity and grab the girl you like the most, or you can get all mopey because you are a greedy bastard who wants everything for free. This is the main difference between veterans and relatively new players. You haven't played the game when it was really bad to get these kind of girls. You have the chance to get one in yet another kind of event. Take it or leave it. Don't complain about what is not there, but rejoice what is there. It is a long-term game after all. I really think people have their expectations set way too high. And when you are up high it is hard to see the beauty down below.

The problem is not wanting to take them all, the problem is that you cannot take any, and in the meantime you are wasting time and combativity hoping for a lucky 100 (currently nearly impossible) or losing kobans that you will not be able to use in the next events with more useful girls.

However we will see, if it's true that they will return several times (as I had assumed too) then it will be a good event but now at the first glance it remains an event not legendary for 0 girls with no chance, which doesn't reflect any event seen so far, not even in the old system in which you could take 0 girls but only in case of serious bad luck, it wasn't the normality, therefore is wrong and suggesting improvements in a new event in trial is not the same thing as whining.

• Like 2

I rate this event as just good. My reasons:
- There are 14 girls available, 5 of them with villains. Enough for newbies and veterans alike. ✔️Good
- Shard range 1-4 is very low. I am not going to ask for 1-12, but 1-5 or 1-6 would have been fair. ⬇️Bad. Still the average cost is 4300 Kobans (2100 counting the free combativity for the first girl). Anything better than 10xEP is still good. So the rating for this point change to ➡️regular instead of bad.
- Even if you don't finish a girl with just the free combativity, you are getting enough shards to get her the next time (there is always a next time, and the main skill a player need in this game is ... PATIENCE :D). ✔️Good. And remember, she was a pachinko girl before, so you have the oportunity to advance with that girl with your free combativity.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the newer players posting here (or I assume so), so my perspective might (and should) be very different from you.

First, I'm claiming my whiner badge! 😅😝 If that makes me a guy or a lady, that's tbd later 🙄 🤣

Over here, the event has been awful... other than a refill early in the day, a single drop all day (16h and counting)... you guessed it... a 1 shard drop 😅😋 Quite the tedious, dull, unfun Foreplay! I'm actually calling it the "Bang your head against the wall" event! But I digress.

As @Falco82 pointed out, in a way, I'm (or was) under the impression that the game is about collecting girls. It would be nice to, at least, get a wiff of one, especially when there are 14 "available" 😁 Can't really see the crime in getting a girl each event when there are hundreds of them.

I'm not sure how my patience can help in any way, when it's clear to me that without girls and/or kobans, there's no way the game has any purpose for lack of the primary goal itself... girls.

New year, new event... I think we could have gotten better (actually, I know so).

I'm sorry if I don't agree that just because you had hard times before, we must also get hard times now. But we'll have to agree to disagree on that. 

0/2 for me in events so far in 2020 😔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falco82 said:

@DvDivXXX I really don't understand where our points of view differ, it seems to me that we said the same things, but ok.

Well, as I said, we partially agree. The main difference is that you were saying this event is good (even "excellent") and I think that it's pretty bad (or at least subpar) instead. You're concerned that too many expensive events at a fast pace will drain players from their kobans and that this means it's going to be harder (or even impossible) to stay F2P and still progress, and I think it's not really the case; the key is that with this many events and a small koban budget, you need to choose which events are really worth it for you, and skip (or barely spend on) other events. This is definitely a good example of an event that's not worth spending kobans for me (or just enough to finish one girl, hoping that I won't need too much); so I won't be in a difficult position when the more profitable events follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

Well, as I said, we partially agree. The main difference is that you were saying this event is good (even "excellent") and I think that it's pretty bad (or at least subpar) instead. You're concerned that too many expensive events at a fast pace will drain players from their kobans and that this means it's going to be harder (or even impossible) to stay F2P and still progress, and I think it's not really the case; the key is that with this many events and a small koban budget, you need to choose which events are really worth it for you, and skip (or barely spend on) other events. This is definitely a good example of an event that's not worth spending kobans for me (or just enough to finish one girl, hoping that I won't need too much); so I won't be in a difficult position when the more profitable events follow.

I think you're going into his point. The difference is that in your "plan" you stop playing and pick your spots, while in his, he wants to have an honest chance of always playing.

He's just making the point that it is (or almost) impossible to do so, which you're confirming by not playing/trying some times.

At least, that's how I read it 😏 

I can understand the "excellent" by the availability of the girls and so on but it's been quite "mediocre" in format and play over here, so far.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I'm not sure how my patience can help in any way, when it's clear to me that without girls and/or kobans, there's no way the game has any purpose for lack of the primary goal itself... girls.

Your patience and your ability to form and stick to a (preferably solid) long-term strategy are everything in this game. A little bit of everything is a lot nothing, but if you focus your efforts and resources on specific events and goals, you'll benefit greatly in the long run compared to someone who just spends kobans here and there whenever they have some on hand (and there are quite a few of them, some brand-new players even go ahead and burn 5.4k kobans on one x10 Epic Pachinko, when it's very clearly way too early for them to go that route; not to mention those who go for Event Pachinko, or worse).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I think you're going into his point. The difference is that in your "plan" you stop playing and pick your spots, while in his, he wants to have an honest chance of always playing.

He's just making the point that it is (or almost) impossible to do so, which you're confirming by not playing/trying some times.

Well, let's not make this a semantics debate lol. The main thing is that I think the event structure and pace is pretty fair overall, including the fact that it's definitely NOT designed so that anyone can grab girls in every event without spending kobans. We have the 12-day event every month that guarantees a girl, often two, and gives us time to recharge our koban reserves between more demanding short events, that's good enough. Revivals are also pretty generous and it's possible to collect a few girls for dirt cheap during these. Beyond that, sure, most events require kobans to give results, and that's a core mechanic of the game, and a key strategic aspect too.

I just think this particular event is in a weird hybrid format that basically has content similar to revivals, but costs closer to the top-tier events. So I'm not banking on that one. But to be clear, I'm not complaining that it exists, that's fine. If every event was a fantastic opportunity, then I would run out of kobans too fast. 😃

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Your patience and your ability to form and stick to a (preferably solid) long-term strategy are everything in this game. A little bit of everything is a lot nothing, but if you focus your efforts and resources on specific events and goals, you'll benefit greatly in the long run compared to someone who just spends kobans here and there whenever they have some on hand (and there are quite a few of them, some brand-new players even go ahead and burn 5.4k kobans on one x10 Epic Pachinko, when it's very clearly way too early for them to go that route; not to mention those who go for Event Pachinko, or worse).

I don't doubt that. But I think you missed an important aspect of what I said... "without girls and/or kobans"... without girls, you don't get $, without kobans you don't get girls, without both you don't get anywhere.... what I was trying to say, by both following (more or less) yours and Falco's reasoning is that if we're to play (read, actually try and get girls) just one event per month and get one girl... you can see how one will improve over time with that set of circumstances, right? You won't be able to compete on arena, or the league, etc, etc... I can get legendary days and so on being harder, just not this one and not this bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, DvDivXXX said:

I just think this particular event is in a weird hybrid format that basically has content similar to revivals, but costs closer to the top-tier events. So I'm not banking on that one. But to be clear, I'm not complaining that it exists, that's fine. If every event was a fantastic opportunity, then I would run out of kobans too fast. 😃

If I hadn't committed the resources, I would stand pat too. I might just have to continue, since I'm already making the effort.

But yes, more like a trap, this specific event, IMO.

We live and learn ;)

• Haha 1

I'm with Chthugha. Sorry, new players, but if you're expecting to be able to get every single girl the first time she's made available to you, this game is not for you. I started a year and a half ago and having looked at the game for a few weeks with a different (rather cluelessly played) account before starting "properly", I gave myself the goal to try to pick up all regular event and revival girls on villains as they came. It was always obvious to me that I'd have to select when and where to spend kobans to facilitate that - no pachinko, no silly spending on energy etc., and most importantly No Legendary Days - I intentionally didn't refill anything in two of the first three LD events I was around for (and I would have skipped the third of these, too, if the girl hadn't dropped on free combativity). That's the choices one has to make.

There are more special-type events nowadays with Epic Days and now this Foreplay thing, but the availability of free kobans has also improved significantly since back then due to the introduction of Leagues and Weekly rewards. (As has the availability of highly discounted kobans via the early world bundles and the gold card...) New player in the Foreplay Event = opportunity to pick up one normally pachinko-only girl for less than half her usual cost. And if you're very new, yes, perhaps even refilling for 2000 kobans to complete that one girl is something you shouldn't do. It is what it is. 

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 4
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

. And if you're very new, yes, perhaps even refilling for 2000 kobans to complete that one girl is something you shouldn't do. It is what it is. 

Could you elaborate on this? I started two weeks ago and intended to go for Kaliko. I hoped it might be a bit cheaper than 2k kobans because I only have 3k atm. On what should I rather spent these kobans to be successfull long-term?

25 minutes ago, derundann said:

Could you elaborate on this? I started two weeks ago and intended to go for Kaliko. I hoped it might be a bit cheaper than 2k kobans because I only have 3k atm. On what should I rather spent these kobans to be successfull long-term?

I think at that new of a player, you shouldn't spend any kobans on this event. You can keep using your free battles to get closer to her in case she returns on a boss in the future, but saving your kobans for events which have a better rate of return (of which only Legendary Days is worse, but that gives a potentially top tier alpha girl so is worth it). This event is very expensive, and gives a girl that is no better than a normal event drop or even a 5 star common boss girl in Kaliko's case.

I sometimes recommend to new players to not spend ANY kobans for the first month of gameplay, because then they can see what a month cycle of events is like in this game, which gives a better idea for what will give them a good return.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

got 37/100 so far with free combativity (but I also had 50 from my last league win left, so basically 2 1/2 refills)

still dont understand the whole complaining, in fact, should this shedule go forward, you have two events where everybody can get a girl (unless he's very unlucky or already has all villian-available girls), and two where you have to spend some kobans (which you can easily get a lot over the month), if you want one, or a little bit more, if you want two or more, and a lot if you silly enough to gamble with event pachinko

it fells like sometime new(er) players are like people who are new to the job but want the same benefits as their co-workers who probably spend over 20 years in the same company. But that being sad, there's no point in playing the new vs. the old cards, obviously the only good solution is doing a compromise (which they did in a good way in my opinion)